PDA

View Full Version : Iphone Scheduled Wifi Hotspot

Neil4Speed
09-05-2017, 01:44 PM
Hey guys,

I have two phones (one personal and one work). Unfortunate my office doesn't let me access their wi-fi on my personal phone, so I want to set up my work phone as a hotspot so I can use the data on my work phone instead of my personal. The only thing is that I would only want to use it when I am at the office (6-6 on Weekdays) and otherwise use LTE from my Data Plan.

Any ideas if there are applications that allow Hotspot scheduling?

lasimmon
09-05-2017, 02:27 PM
I mean I get the ease that you are looking for.. But it takes like 10 seconds to turn the hot spot on.

I do the same with my work phone and personal phone and just turn it on at the beginning of the day and off at the end. Probably both combined takes 25 seconds.

Edit: Just to clarify based on the posts below, my work phone is Android and personal is iPhone.

rage2
09-05-2017, 02:47 PM
If they're both iPhones and on the same apple ID, you can connect whenever you want.

If the hotspot is an iPhone and your other phone is non iPhone or not on same Apple ID, even after you connect it's a pain in the ass. If both phones sleep, you have to repeat the process again.

iOS doesn't allow 3rd party hotspot applications.

spike98
09-05-2017, 02:57 PM
If the work phone is android, you can use tasker to automate the hotspot and if your other phone remembers its credentials, it should auto connect.

Neil4Speed
09-06-2017, 07:45 AM
Sorry, should have clarified, the work phone is an Iphone and the personal phone is the Android.

And, yes... it appears that I am lazy.

Thanks for the responses!