PDA

View Full Version : DACA recinded.

ZenOps
09-06-2017, 07:12 AM
http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/us-politics/daca-trump-ends-news-latest-dreamers-act-immigration-renewal-immigrants-jeff-sessions-a7930926.html

800,000 probably younger peoples living in the USA can be deported by force as of today. That only leaves another 10 million yet to be deported as undocumented if Trump keeps his word.

I still say a hard ban on California refugees is a good idea. I bet it doesn't sound half as crazy as it did a couple years ago.

J-hop
09-06-2017, 08:31 AM
Donald Trump has ended a policy that has shielded nearly 800,000 young undocumented immigrants from deportation – but has called on Congress to pass legislation to let the so-called 'Dreamers' stay in the US.

So does this line mean nothing will change in the end and the whole massive deportation claims are just bad reporting?

I kinda of feel like he agrees with Obama on more than he'd like to admit but just like his personal life he has to put his name on it.

Xtrema
09-06-2017, 08:48 AM
So does this line mean nothing will change in the end and the whole massive deportation claims are just bad reporting?

I kinda of feel like he agrees with Obama on more than he'd like to admit but just like his personal life he has to put his name on it.

DACA started as an EO. Most of the country is on board with this. All Trump is saying this temporary measure isn't right and Congress and Senate must come up with a permanent solution. So he cancelled it to lit a fire under them.

And the original reason why Obama had to do DACA via EO is immediately showing. Paul Ryan is on board to get Congress do what Trump wants, let the Dreamers stay. Mitch McConnell on the Senate side is already cock blocking it.

J-hop
09-06-2017, 09:26 AM
DACA started as an EO. Most of the country is on board with this. All Trump is saying this temporary measure isn't right and Congress and Senate must come up with a permanent solution. So he cancelled it to lit a fire under them.

And the original reason why Obama had to do DACA via EO is immediately showing. Paul Ryan is on board to get Congress do what Trump wants, let the Dreamers stay. Mitch McConnell on the Senate side is already cock blocking it.

Makes sense, I kinda figured the staunch Trump supporters that believe this is Trump getting tough on illegals are claiming victory too early.

ZenOps
09-06-2017, 09:32 AM
Deportation is a probability. Getting back into the country will undoubtedly be difficult.

You can basically require any hoops and hurdles that would be required. Say: A Hard cap of 10,000 applicants per year (meaning that it would take 80 years to recover the deportees) A soft cap of requiring people to pass a citizenship or minimum skills test like Calculus test or aerospace degree. Any of which can be instituted at a moments notice.

The guy who lost his fingers crossing into Canada doesn't look so stupid now.

Xtrema
09-06-2017, 09:43 AM
Makes sense, I kinda figured the staunch Trump supporters that believe this is Trump getting tough on illegals are claiming victory too early.

They don't understand the full picture of the issue anyway, so it's also a tiny win for Trump for people who a) hated Obama EOs and b) hated Mexicans.

DACA or whatever the permanent version is the right thing to do. Kids didn't really have a choice when parents brought them over illegally and for most of them, America is all they know.

http://www.cbc.ca/radio/asithappens/as-it-happens-tuesday-edition-1.4275460/kicked-while-we-were-down-paramedic-who-saved-harvey-victims-faces-deportation-if-daca-ends-1.4275467

ZenOps
09-07-2017, 04:23 AM
I'd hate to be a DACA. Once you have been labelled as "deported" from the US, what country is going to want you?

I'd be more willing to accept climate refugees from the USA (assuming that there will be more hurricanes, and places like Arizona start getting into the 50+ Celsius range) than anyone deported as an unskilled migrant. That being said, there should be a framework for the possibility of 1 to 10 million climate refugees from the USA.

No, I'm not making this stuff up. This is all solid.

IwBS6QGsH_4