PDA

View Full Version : Best Chicken and Waffles?

Disoblige
09-11-2017, 11:48 PM
Anyone had some KILLER chicken and waffles that they keep craving? Looking for more places in Calgary worth trying.

I was with a friend at The Beltliner for lunch and ordered the chicken and waffles simply because I didn't know what else to order. Looked at the price ($21) and scoffed, thinking wow what a ripoff I bet I could make something better. I had Waffles and Chix before as an example and it was pure garbage IMO, so I didn't expect much here. Turns out it was the best chicken and waffles I had in my life. I crave that shit every day now.

Waffles so light and buttery, chicken so damn crispy juices oozing out. Gravy brings it all together wth the syrup. So good, pics don't do justice at all.

So let's hear what you got!

D'z Nutz
09-11-2017, 11:57 PM
After eating chicken and waffles at Roscoe's last year and then having it in Harlem yesterday, I just don't expect Calgary to have anything close to comparable. I may have to try this out one of these days.

max_boost
09-12-2017, 01:56 AM
Damn I don't think I can finish that but looks so good!

Buster
09-12-2017, 02:24 AM
diner deluxe in aspen is pretty good.

jwslam
09-12-2017, 06:28 AM
Roosevelt on 17th. :thumbsup:

People rave about the one at Bro'kin Yolk because it's limited edition every day (think Shiki menya), but they serve it bone it. I ain't dealing with that so early in the morning, and their waffles aren't anything to write home about IMO.

bleu
09-12-2017, 07:12 AM
After eating chicken and waffles at Roscoe's last year and then having it in Harlem yesterday, I just don't expect Calgary to have anything close to comparable. I may have to try this out one of these days.

Enjoy NYC!
Compared to food in NYC, very few things are comparable here.

03ozwhip
09-12-2017, 07:36 AM
same here. looking for a good place. just got back from Vegas and had it at some chicken place and it was the best I ever had.

ExtraSlow
09-12-2017, 07:39 AM
same here. looking for a good place. just got back from Vegas and had it at some chicken place and it was the best I ever had.

Yardbird in Venetian? Very good there.

sabad66
09-12-2017, 09:48 AM
Roosevelt on 17th. :thumbsup:

People rave about the one at Bro'kin Yolk because it's limited edition every day (think Shiki menya), but they serve it bone it. I ain't dealing with that so early in the morning, and their waffles aren't anything to write home about IMO.

These are the only two i've tried in Calgary and i would highly recommend both. Especially from brok'in yolk... i don't remember it being bone-in tho... maybe that changed recently? Or maybe i was too hungover to remember :)

austic
09-12-2017, 09:58 AM
My personal fave is Fergus and Bix on 85th

SkiBum5.0
09-12-2017, 09:58 AM
Does Model Milk still exist? They had great chicken and waffles

Disoblige
09-12-2017, 10:02 AM
Time for us to try out the different places and report back :drool:

For those who never tried the Beltliner ones, I'd be interested to know how it ranks to the ones you already tried. Will be nice to compare.

03ozwhip
09-12-2017, 10:16 AM
Yardbird in Venetian? Very good there.

original chicken tender in MGM.

schocker
09-12-2017, 10:16 AM
I like the one at brokin yolk. For a poverty version buy the frozen belgian waffles from walmart/sobeys etc. and put on the hampton house chicken strips from costco but use actual maple syrup.

BavarianBeast
09-12-2017, 10:54 AM
I went on a hunt for the best chicken waffles in Calgary about 2 years ago.

It's a dive but Swans of Inglewood had the best hands down..

suntan
09-12-2017, 11:10 AM
These are the only two i've tried in Calgary and i would highly recommend both. Especially from brok'in yolk... i don't remember it being bone-in tho... maybe that changed recently? Or maybe i was too hungover to remember :)

It's bone in. I've had it twice. It's... good. Not great by any means. The waffle is almost flavourless - they really skimp on the vanilla.

msommers
09-12-2017, 12:25 PM
Small pub in Inglewood across the street from the lamp berger store...I forget the name. Spicy chicken waffles are the bomb

Edit: Swans of Inglewood

bjstare
09-12-2017, 04:41 PM
+1 for Roosevelt. Definitely exceeded expectations. And the portion was huge.

dino_martini
09-15-2017, 03:43 PM
Roosevelt or Craft Beer Market. I want to go to the Beltliner but I can't bring my self to support a place owned by Eric Fancis because he is such a dismissive pompous douchebag

D'z Nutz
09-15-2017, 09:40 PM
Roosevelt or Craft Beer Market. I want to go to the Beltliner but I can't bring my self to support a place owned by Eric Fancis because he is such a dismissive pompous douchebag

Thanks for the heads up. That's one location I'll skip for sure now.

Did his mom buy him the restaurant too?