PDA

View Full Version : Infiniti Q50s

BensonTT
09-11-2017, 02:50 PM
Hey guys I am in the market for a Q50s as well.. Would you guys say this is a good deal??

https://www.edmontoninfiniti.ca/inventory/listing/2017-infiniti-q50-30t/13785473

Rocket1k78
09-11-2017, 04:12 PM
Hey guys I am in the market for a Q50s as well.. Would you guys say this is a good deal??

https://www.edmontoninfiniti.ca/inventory/listing/2017-infiniti-q50-30t/13785473

If you gave me a choice between a 1 owner q50 with over 150,000kms or this id have a hard time deciding lol Thats a shit ton of demo kms so if you plan on keeping this car long term id definitely re consider

Mitsu3000gt
09-11-2017, 04:24 PM

You couldn't pay me to buy a demo after all the demos I have seen abused by salespeople and customers alike. I'd entertain leasing it if the price was right, then you can continue to abuse it without consequence.

Infiniti does have a 6yr power train warranty if it doesn't bother you that it was a demo, so that makes it slightly better.

I'd much rather buy a car with more KM that was taken care of than a demo that was repeatedly abused on dozens of test drives.

Also you could buy a brand new Red Sport for about $10K more than that not long ago - not sure if those rebates are still happening.

mzdspd
09-12-2017, 09:21 AM
This is a used Luxury car.. The mass majority of people that test drive it are not going to be abusing it. Most will just take it for a spin on Henday and give it a couple mid range pulls.

And a salesman or sales manager would be driving it but the same thing, they would not be doing WOT pulls and hard driving.

If there is significant savings, I would not worry. This is a infiniti with a automatic trans and a full warranty. If it was a manual car like a Evo X/FoRS then maybe I would reconsider.

Check for weird tire wear (from hard driving) and then I would just check the front bumper for damage :rofl:

BensonTT
09-12-2017, 09:23 AM
Thanks for the advice guys, Am gonna go check it out in person and make my final decision..

HiTempguy1
09-12-2017, 09:41 AM
and a full warranty

This is the important part. Brake pads usually last 40-50k kms. What could possibly have been done to it in 13,000kms? Especially a modern car?

And usually people who buy brand new (or basically new vehicles like this) rarely stay in them past warranty.

Rocket1k78
09-12-2017, 10:52 AM
This is a used Luxury car.. The mass majority of people that test drive it are not going to be abusing it. Most will just take it for a spin on Henday and give it a couple mid range pulls.

And a salesman or sales manager would be driving it but the same thing, they would not be doing WOT pulls and hard driving.

Ive had sales guys tell me to drive it hard while beside me. Its a smart sales tactic because it adds even more excitement to the already exciting car purchase experience.

bjstare
09-12-2017, 10:58 AM
Ive had sales guys tell me to drive it hard while beside me. Its a smart sales tactic because it adds even more excitement to the already exciting car purchase experience.

As long as it was driven hard after the oil had time to warm up a bit, I wouldn't be worried about it at all. Hard break in ftw.

Mitsu3000gt
09-12-2017, 11:01 AM

This has definitely not been my experience. 9/10 test drives I go on, if not more, the salesman encourages us to drive the piss out of it because that gets people excited and makes them want to buy it. Often times the salesman drives first, and drives it even harder than the customers. That salesman goes on every test drive, so the car is getting bagged even if the customers don't. I have been on many test drives where the salesman spins tires, fishtails corners, brake-dumps a launch, power shifts, etc. to impress the customer. BMW is probably the worst for that but Infiniti is no exception. When I test drove a Q50S from Infiniti, the salesman took me to a back road and suggested I try out repeated launches on their demo to experience the 0-60 speed.

Disoblige
09-12-2017, 11:07 AM
Wait, there are salesmen who drive the car first before I do on a test drive? WTF is that lol.. What a waste of time to do such a thing.

Mitsu3000gt
09-12-2017, 11:12 AM
Wait, there are salesmen who drive the car first before I do on a test drive? WTF is that lol.. What a waste of time to do such a thing.

I agree, but they often insist. At BMW I am pretty sure it's part of dealership policy, since I have never not had it happen there. Infiniti and Mercedes were the same way the last few times I was in - even on a B250 haha. Basically it's so they can 'show you what the car is capable of' or demonstrate some safety or tech features so that the customer isn't fumbling with the controls on Deerfoot to try out the autonomous cruise or whatever.

Xtrema
09-12-2017, 11:29 AM

I have had both. But ones who just throw you the keys after writing down the license info and waiver happens less and less.

I'm assuming because if you hit something in the lot, they are out of deductibles on 2 cars and can only chase after you for 1 you are testing.

Disoblige
09-12-2017, 11:32 AM
I have had both. But ones who just throw you the keys after writing down the license info and waiver happens less and less.

I'm assuming because if you hit something in the lot, they are out of deductibles on 2 cars and can only chase after you for 1 you are testing.
True. I liked Audi for letting us take anything for a spin and didn't even bother coming along with us.

Tej.S
09-12-2017, 11:46 AM
I can attest to the comments above about the demos. When I test drove the c450 at lonestar, my sales rep put the car into sports+ immediately after starting it, threw me the keys, and went inside to do paperwork lol. You can probably guess what happened on the test drive hahaha.

rx7boi
09-12-2017, 11:51 AM
When I test drove a Q50 last winter, he took us around the block first. He peeled out of the parking lot to showcase the grip/handling of the vehicle on snow.

Definitely didn't appreciate that as it was quite unexpected :rofl:

Xtrema
09-12-2017, 12:55 PM

If there is significant savings, I would not worry. This is a infiniti with a automatic trans and a full warranty. If it was a manual car like a Evo X/FoRS then maybe I would reconsider.

Check for weird tire wear (from hard driving) and then I would just check the front bumper for damage :rofl:

Well Beyond is bias because we are not the majority and we all beat demos. If it has less than 250hp, chances are I have redlined it, probably cold.

While 99% will treat it like their cars, it's the 1% that breaks it or reduce the longevity.

Audi and the likes will throw CPO warranty at demo/loaners so you actually have 5 - 5.5 years of bumper to bumper warranty instead of 4 for new cars. So that's not bad in term of TCO if you want to drive luxury brands with heavy discount up front.

jaylo
09-12-2017, 02:12 PM

Probably policy these days. Never had issue from BMW and Mercedes dealers in the past, they just hand out the keys and come for the test drive as a passenger.

I will also depend on what you drive, wear, attitude, etc...

Rocket1k78
09-12-2017, 03:24 PM
As long as it was driven hard after the oil had time to warm up a bit, I wouldn't be worried about it at all. Hard break in ftw.

I havent seen that car but with 13,000 demo kms i would bet you anything that there were more than a few WOt pulls without a proper warmup. Its also not only the engine that takes the abuse, the tranny and the brakes are getting beat to shit too im sure. Look at everyone's replies lol I kinda feel jealous that my test drives only consisted of wot pulls and the corners from deerfoot to glenmore.

If it has less than 250hp, chances are I have redlined it, probably cold.

YUP! I had a 2016 rav 4 rental last winter and i managed to get decent heat out of the vents within a couple minutes:rofl::rofl:

BensonTT
09-12-2017, 03:37 PM
Lol fuck it! Am not going to bother to look at this car anymore .. Anyone can hook me up locally? Lol

Mitsu3000gt
09-12-2017, 03:51 PM
Lol fuck it! Am not going to bother to look at this car anymore .. Anyone can hook me up locally? Lol

Check out their incentives, they had around $7,500 off last time I was in there, you might be able to get into a new one for a lot less than you think. If you like the QX30 (MB GLA) they had $7,500 off those too.

There are tons of nice cars around in the mid-$40K range though, you're lucky to be shopping in such a great segment.

rx7boi
09-12-2017, 03:53 PM
13000km is alot of demo miles to be sure lol. For mid 40's you can get a used Red Sport!

Xtrema
09-12-2017, 03:59 PM

I echo what everyone is saying, this ain't worth it. You can get a new 3.0t for that price, cash. I will consider it if they list it for $34K. Not $43K.

zhao
09-12-2017, 07:13 PM
DJ_rice version 2.0 in the makes here. Just dealer transfer a white one from Edmonton for full price but wait until DJ_rice gets his bumper swapped so we can hear how the front bumper on your new car has damage on it at delivery.

But seriously... Why not a demo red sport with way less KM for 46k? And while I am very against ever buying a ex rental car, demos i dont mind depending on the condition and the KM. legitimately it could be A-ok. I've found pretty much every person I road on a test drive with had to be told it was ok to drive it hard, even in sports cars, and even then refused to drive it harder 9/10 times. I actually dont think i've ever had a customer take a car to redline or push it hard (what i'd call hard anyway) without me telling them to.