PDA

View Full Version : Rogers wireless APEGA discount

Pages : [1] 2

nzwasp
09-12-2017, 03:34 PM
Is anyone using their APEGA creds to get this deal - i see there are 3GB and 5GB options but no prices associated with either. My wife is APEGA affiliated but I have to do all the work to arrange the shit like this.

My previous dealings with rogers soured my liking of them but if its cheap enough it could be good.

Xtrema
09-12-2017, 04:23 PM
Is anyone using their APEGA creds to get this deal - i see there are 3GB and 5GB options but no prices associated with either. My wife is APEGA affiliated but I have to do all the work to arrange the shit like this.

My previous dealings with rogers soured my liking of them but if its cheap enough it could be good.

Both Rogers and Telus have Apega discount. Not sure how much, but if cost and service is about the same, I would go with Telus.

Since both have plans with phone subsidization baked in, even with discount you probably won't be any more ahead with Koodo/Fido.

HiTempguy1
09-13-2017, 09:12 AM
I don't understand why anyone would go with Rogers.

The network is outright shittier, it reaches less places and is slower (PCMAG just did an article stating Canadians have some of the fastest wireless internet by cell companies, with Telus averaging close to 100mbps). If the pricing is the same, telus/bell are the way to go.

Aleks
09-13-2017, 09:37 AM

Cost Per Month

Data

Minutes

Texts

$49+GST

3 GB

Unlimited Canada

Unlimited Canada

$54+GST

5 GB

Unlimited Canada and USA *

Unlimited International from Canada

* Only when calling the USA from Canada

This is for BYOD. As listed on the APEGA website.

suntan
09-13-2017, 10:19 AM
Might as well try for the Koodo $50 deal then.

nzwasp
09-13-2017, 10:28 AM
Thanks Aleks, they dont mention the Telus deal on the Apega website only the rogers one.

Swank
09-13-2017, 10:35 AM
I don't understand why anyone would go with Rogers.

The network is outright shittier, it reaches less places and is slower (PCMAG just did an article stating Canadians have some of the fastest wireless internet by cell companies, with Telus averaging close to 100mbps). If the pricing is the same, telus/bell are the way to go. It allows my yearly fee to be waived on one of the best cash back CCs available, 'Roam like home' has saved me a lot of money when traveling. I've never been out of service, had a dropped call, or thought twice about the speed so I have yet to see why I'd want to go through the hassle of switching.

nzwasp
09-13-2017, 10:40 AM
To be honest at the moment my wife uses Wind with an iphone 7 and only gets 3G speeds so anything is probably better than Wind.

By the way on the discussion of cellphone and in particular roaming plans. When we recently went to Montana we used winds roaming service and it was $15 for 1 gig data and unlimited txt / calling, additional mb at 5c each. That was far better than Bell. Bell was offering me $40 for 50 Mb for a month and limited txt/calling, also additional mb at $6 ! each. We usually use roam mobility in the states but roam doesnt seem to offer much coverage at all in Montana.

Aleks
09-13-2017, 10:56 AM
Thanks Aleks, they dont mention the Telus deal on the Apega website only the rogers one.

I don't see a Telus discount for APEGA either.

Xtrema
09-13-2017, 11:18 AM
To be honest at the moment my wife uses Wind with an iphone 7 and only gets 3G speeds so anything is probably better than Wind.

By the way on the discussion of cellphone and in particular roaming plans. When we recently went to Montana we used winds roaming service and it was $15 for 1 gig data and unlimited txt / calling, additional mb at 5c each. That was far better than Bell. Bell was offering me $40 for 50 Mb for a month and limited txt/calling, also additional mb at $6 ! each. We usually use roam mobility in the states but roam doesnt seem to offer much coverage at all in Montana.

Hmm, so roaming deal change from unlimited to 1GB when they switched to AT&T as partner. Didn't know that.

jwslam
09-13-2017, 11:24 AM
Hmm, so roaming deal change from unlimited to 1GB when they switched to AT&T as partner. Didn't know that.
I believe it's 1GB full speed, and then they throttle to like dial up speeds but still unlimited.

edit: nvm I can't find any info on that.

jacky4566
09-13-2017, 11:28 AM
FYI Public mobile (Telus) still probably has best rates for Western Canadians. Although these APEGA prices are good too!

Using their 90 day plan + Canada unlimited + unlimited text + 9GB of data (3GB is at 3G speeds) is still only $52 (tax included!) per month.

Plus i find their roaming package are much better.

AzNxHyDrA
09-13-2017, 11:55 AM
I'm pretty sure you have to sign up for the plan through the APEGA members website.

My family was considering switching to the plan but our share everything plan is sufficient. Parents use <500MB a month so I get the rest of it.

Disoblige
09-14-2017, 07:51 AM
Changed a friend to APEGA Wireless last week, 5 GB for $54.
The number was ported from Rogers to APEGA within 1 day and now they are billed through APEGA.

It's awesome.

This is something that looks new as I never seen this "APEGA Wireless" stuff before. It's a separate entity from "Rogers" even though it still uses the Rogers infrastructure. Kind of like Koodo and Telus if you will.

In order to get this deal, you have to have an APEGA member help you sign up via the APEGA website. They login, go to the benefits section, and you'll see the APEGA Wireless section. Follow the steps, and boom done.

sabad66
09-14-2017, 08:58 AM
does the $54 deal include voicemail/caller ID? or is that extra?

Disoblige
09-14-2017, 09:04 AM
does the $54 deal include voicemail/caller ID? or is that extra?
Includes it.

Get your engineer friends to help you out if you like this plan.

Aleks
09-14-2017, 09:09 AM
Someone mentioned APEGA and Telus, I can't find it on the APEGA site, just Rogers.

Disoblige
09-14-2017, 09:10 AM
Someone mentioned APEGA and Telus, I can't find it on the APEGA site, just Rogers.
There was some misleading information in the beginning of this thread as they were thinking it was the discounts you ask for through the provider.

This is something different where APEGA is your provider now. Not discounts from TELUS or Rogers for being an APEGA member.

The thread title should really be "APEGA Wireless through Rogers" or something.

Essentially if you are a Rogers customer, you will port your number to APEGA Wireless, but use the same SIM. If you aren't with Rogers, you just go buy a Rogers SIM card, unlock your phone if not already and switch to APEGA. Treat it like a separate entity as you won't be billed through Rogers when you switch.

If you are not already a Rogers customer, you will be required to have your device unlocked by your current carrier and then purchase a Rogers SIM card before proceeding with sign-up. This can be done at any Rogers Retailer, Best Buy, Best Buy Mobile, Wireless Wave, Shopper Drug Marts, London Drugs, Real Canadian Superstore, Walmart, or Costco. Please ensure the SIM purchased will fit your phone, is brand new, and has not yet been activated.

ExtraSlow
09-14-2017, 10:24 AM
APEGA needs new revenue streams since so many members are letting thier memberships lapse.

Xtrema
09-14-2017, 10:49 AM

I could be fed wrong info from RFD.

lasimmon
09-14-2017, 11:20 AM
Can I port my number from Telus to this plan?

Disoblige
09-14-2017, 11:44 AM
Can I port my number from Telus to this plan?
Yup. In the form, it asks what telephone number you want to bring over. Just follow the steps I posted above if you aren't an existing Rogers customer and you're good to go.

lasimmon
09-14-2017, 11:45 AM
Yup. In the form, it asks what telephone number you want to bring over. Just follow the steps I posted above if you aren't an existing Rogers customer and you're good to go.

The other question I have is do I cancel my Telus plan before or after I get this process started?

Disoblige
09-14-2017, 11:58 AM
If you want, you could call TELUS to let them know what you are doing in advance. Then do all the things you need to do (ex: unlock phone, buy SIM, whatever) to fill in the information you need on the APEGA site (device info, billing info, etc.).
Once your account is approved on APEGA end, just call TELUS to confirm the account is closed. I know with Rogers, they send you an e-mail confirmation that your account is finalized.

jwslam
09-14-2017, 12:03 PM
The other question I have is do I cancel my Telus plan before or after I get this process started?
If you cancel first, you lose rights to your phone number... Always request the number porting on the receiving carrier first.

lasimmon
09-14-2017, 02:43 PM
Thanks for the info guys.

V6-BoI
09-14-2017, 03:55 PM
did you still have to get that code authorizing to transfer custody of your account to APEGA?

holden
09-14-2017, 04:09 PM
This seem decent. I currently have an old retentions plan, except all my credits have expired long ago

22.50 200 minutes/Unlimited Early Evenings & Weekends
30.00 6GB Data
13.00 Value Pack (Voicemal, Called ID, Text, etc.)

I normally don't need all 6GB of data, but I have hit my limit twice before.

Does anybody have any information what their roaming packages are like? Similar to Rogers?

Mogg
09-15-2017, 04:39 PM
If I am an APEGA member can my family or friends also get this plan?

nzwasp
09-15-2017, 08:12 PM
Yes

nzwasp
09-25-2017, 11:11 AM
Changed a friend to APEGA Wireless last week, 5 GB for $54.
The number was ported from Rogers to APEGA within 1 day and now they are billed through APEGA.

It's awesome.

This is something that looks new as I never seen this "APEGA Wireless" stuff before. It's a separate entity from "Rogers" even though it still uses the Rogers infrastructure. Kind of like Koodo and Telus if you will.

In order to get this deal, you have to have an APEGA member help you sign up via the APEGA website. They login, go to the benefits section, and you'll see the APEGA Wireless section. Follow the steps, and boom done.

So does this mean you have to share the data with your friend though?

Disoblige
09-25-2017, 11:18 AM
So does this mean you have to share the data with your friend though?
That, I'm not sure.
I haven't asked because I only signed up one person.
The "Data is sharable within the same account" brings up a good question but it would make sense that the 5 GB is separate for every $54 plan. Otherwise that wouldn't be competitive at all.

AzNxHyDrA
09-25-2017, 02:18 PM
I believe it's 5 GB for each line and the "shareable data" just means that it's setup for wireless hotspot.

My wife's cannot hotspot me with her Fido plan, but maybe she just needs to call in to get that changed.

nzwasp
09-25-2017, 02:26 PM
I didnt realize hotspot was / could be limited by the carrier.

holden
09-25-2017, 02:28 PM
I believe it's 5 GB for each line and the "shareable data" just means that it's setup for wireless hotspot.

My wife's cannot hotspot me with her Fido plan, but maybe she just needs to call in to get that changed.

I asked them and the data is shared. Meaning if I get 2 lines @ $54, they have 10GB total (5+5).

I switched to this plan last week. I had an old Rogers 6GB retention plan that used to be great, but over time all the credits expired and they no longer offer retention deals like they used to. After seeing another thread, I didn't realize I could have sold my 6GB plan though.

AzNxHyDrA
09-25-2017, 03:00 PM
I didnt realize hotspot was / could be limited by the carrier.

I didn't either but when I switched my wife to the $40 4GB Fido plan she wasn't able to hotspot anymore. It could just be the data type or something because I remember switching from BB to Android/iOS you had to call in and get the data type changed.

I asked them and the data is shared. Meaning if I get 2 lines @ $54, they have 10GB total (5+5).

I switched to this plan last week. I had an old Rogers 6GB retention plan that used to be great, but over time all the credits expired and they no longer offer retention deals like they used to. After seeing another thread, I didn't realize I could have sold my 6GB plan though.

Thanks for the information, that makes this plan so much better. My family thought it was 5GB per line so we kept our 7GB share everything plan.

Are you able to use Roger's Roam Like Home on the APEGA plan? I suppose it's not too difficult to get a Roam Mobility account setup.

holden
09-25-2017, 03:08 PM
I didn't either but when I switched my wife to the $40 4GB Fido plan she wasn't able to hotspot anymore. It could just be the data type or something because I remember switching from BB to Android/iOS you had to call in and get the data type changed.

Thanks for the information, that makes this plan so much better. My family thought it was 5GB per line so we kept our 7GB share everything plan.

Are you able to use Roger's Roam Like Home on the APEGA plan? I suppose it's not too difficult to get a Roam Mobility account setup.

There is no Roam Like Home (at least they didn't say there was when I asked about roaming options). This is one area where they lack. They have a bunch of travel packs that get automatically loaded. You can email them for details and they send you a spreadsheet. Here are some details.

US
$15 - 300 minutes
$20 - 250 MB
$40 - 1 GB data and unlimited text
$30 - unlimited voice

AzNxHyDrA
09-25-2017, 03:32 PM
There is no Roam Like Home (at least they didn't say there was when I asked about roaming options). This is one area where they lack. They have a bunch of travel packs that get automatically loaded. You can email them for details and they send you a spreadsheet. Here are some details.

US
$15 - 300 minutes
$20 - 250 MB
$40 - 1 GB data and unlimited text
$30 - unlimited voice

That's too bad but I figured.

Thanks again, hopefully I'll get switched over right away and upgrade to double the data for the same price.

nzwasp
09-26-2017, 09:54 AM
I signed up both mine and my wifes phone to this last night, just waiting for the numbers to port. My wife has on average used around 9 gig in the last 12 months (i really hate the way iphone calculates data usage vs android). So I put her on the 3GB plan and I put myself on the 5GB plan. So really Im getting 7 GB for me well atleast i hope it works out like that. Im not quite sure if i will even use all that data - im a bit scared of using youtube on my cell service and I have wifi most places except at work.

I guess my Cellphone from Wind (android s5) only gets 3G on Rogers because the frequencies aren't the same.

Xtrema
10-05-2017, 11:47 AM
I believe it's 1GB full speed, and then they throttle to like dial up speeds but still unlimited.

edit: nvm I can't find any info on that.

Just came back from California and got my bill. It's exactly that.

1GB full speed, the rest throttle to dial up. I still ran up 1.4GB of data for 2 weeks.

holden
12-17-2017, 01:06 AM
I signed up for this when this thread appeared, now thinking of signing up for the Rogers 10GB for $60 plan. Haven’t even hit my 5GB limit yet, but 10GB would be nice in case I have to tether. I think Rogers has better options for roaming in the US also.

nagooro
12-21-2017, 11:50 PM
I signed up for this when this thread appeared, now thinking of signing up for the Rogers 10GB for $60 plan. Haven’t even hit my 5GB limit yet, but 10GB would be nice in case I have to tether. I think Rogers has better options for roaming in the US also.

Almost a no brainer. For $5 more per month swapped from the APEGA Rogers plan to the Koodo 10gb plan.

The Cosworth
02-05-2018, 08:11 AM
This plan die? Can't find it on the APEGA site anymore. Contract is up in 5 weeks.

killramos
02-05-2018, 08:41 AM
Sort of. Apega fired their plan administrator and now it’s in limbo.

I haven’t been billed for it in 4 months but my phone still works. They say that they are handling it and will have a new plan manager soon. But that was a month ago.

Because there is no plan administrator there is no way to sign up (or cancel, or make changes, or add travel data).

Pretty annoying actually.

ExtraSlow
02-05-2018, 08:45 AM
Apega is a hot mess.

The Cosworth
02-05-2018, 08:54 AM
Good to know, maybe my 5 weeks is still good then. Haha

Better than ASET it would appear ExtraSlow

BerserkerCatSplat
02-05-2018, 09:23 AM
Sort of. Apega fired their plan administrator and now it’s in limbo.

I haven’t been billed for it in 4 months but my phone still works. They say that they are handling it and will have a new plan manager soon. But that was a month ago.

Because there is no plan administrator there is no way to sign up (or cancel, or make changes, or add travel data).

Pretty annoying actually.

Yeah I'm in the same boat, signed up and never got billed, then APEGA and the plan administrator shit-talked each other through the wireless subscriber email list. Happy I don't need to do any travelling because it's a gong show.

realazy
02-05-2018, 09:28 AM
Yeah I'm in the same boat, signed up and never got billed, then APEGA and the plan administrator shit-talked each other through the wireless subscriber email list. Happy I don't need to do any travelling because it's a gong show.

Ya, it's been quite a mess. Haven't been billed in almost 3 months. I signed my cousin up who's here for a year and she's been getting account change emails to her email for other people's accounts.

Disoblige
02-05-2018, 10:26 AM
So I wonder how this will work if they haven't billed you and they're dealing with a bunch of frustrating crap that is being passed onto the customer.
Seems like a crappy way to retain customers if they end up charging you the full amount from all the previous months.

jwslam
02-05-2018, 10:55 AM
So I wonder how this will work if they haven't billed you and they're dealing with a bunch of frustrating crap that is being passed onto the customer.
Seems like a crappy way to retain customers if they end up charging you the full amount from all the previous months.
More like Rogers is gonna slam APEGA with a big bill for all the missed payments, and APEGA will translate this into increased dues for ALL its members.
But nobody will notice since the member dues go up and the services go down every year anyways.

Strider
02-05-2018, 11:48 AM
More like Rogers is gonna slam APEGA with a big bill for all the missed payments, and APEGA will translate this into increased dues for ALL its members.
But nobody will notice since the member dues go up and the services go down every year anyways.

Yup, this is probably how it'll play out.

BerserkerCatSplat
02-05-2018, 12:34 PM

I pretty much guarantee APEGA will dump a huge bill on all the existing customers. If there's any discount they'll make it up via membership dues.

Disoblige
02-05-2018, 04:25 PM
I pretty much guarantee APEGA will dump a huge bill on all the existing customers. If there's any discount they'll make it up via membership dues.
I actually wouldn't mind that, given that most people have their membership dues paid for by the company they work for. But of course, it sucks for others not in this scenario.

V6-BoI
02-05-2018, 04:32 PM
Quite a crap show with this APEGA wireless. I wonder if you go over on your data plan, or have roaming charges if they would just back charge you once they get their shit in order.

Inzane
02-12-2018, 01:14 PM
The above mentioned APEGA limbo situation notwithstanding have any existing Telus mobility customers had any luck with their retentions department in bargaining for lower rates on their existing plans or payments?

killramos
02-12-2018, 02:31 PM
What does that have to do with apega wireless?

Disoblige
02-12-2018, 04:42 PM
Nothing.

The above mentioned TELUS mobility customers retentions department situation notwithstanding, does anyone have any discussion points about APEGA wireless and its current situation?

realazy
02-12-2018, 05:17 PM
Nothing.

The above mentioned TELUS mobility customers retentions department situation notwithstanding, does anyone have any discussion points about APEGA wireless and its current situation?

in my last communication with member benefits in January, they stated that they were working on a account management and billing system that is supposed to show up on your member log-in by late January. Obviously, it hasn't show up yet and it's already mid February.

killramos
02-12-2018, 05:22 PM
Yea I expected some news by now, and will likely follow up soon. 6 weeks radio silence is a bit much.

No account management is irritating, because I can’t add travel plans etc to my account if I pop down to the states.

holden
02-12-2018, 07:49 PM
I switched over to this deal when this thread started, but jumped over to the 10GB for $60 plan when it happened in December. I wonder why you guys stuck with the APEGA plan, did you feel it was a better deal? I felt the few extra bucks a month was worth the 5GB extra, better travel options and 24/7 support.

killramos
02-12-2018, 07:55 PM
Well, it's more money for more data that I already don't use. I use maybe 2 GB a month, my wife, even less. I have no need for 6GB each.

In that sense I am net ahead with APEGA :dunno:

Wifi at home, wifi at work, wifi at school. In a lot of ways, wireless data is way less necessary than it was 5 years ago.

holden
02-12-2018, 08:08 PM
Makes sense. I’ve hit my 6GB limit on my old plan a few times. I think just Apple Music is a few GB for me as I stream all the music in my car and at the gym.

Disoblige
02-13-2018, 09:44 AM
Well, it's more money for more data that I already don't use. I use maybe 2 GB a month, my wife, even less. I have no need for 6GB each.

In that sense I am net ahead with APEGA :dunno:

Wifi at home, wifi at work, wifi at school. In a lot of ways, wireless data is way less necessary than it was 5 years ago.
The data is for when you lose Wi-fi at home and too lazy to reset your router, so you use an extra 2-3 GB of data that night because of it :rofl:
Note: Yes I know people like this, and thank god I don't live with them.

Xtrema
02-15-2018, 03:15 PM

I think YMMV.

Wifi at home is trusted

Wifi at home is semi-trusted depend on how loose your IT Security team plays it.

Wifi at school or public places are either potential honey pots or oversubscribed.

sabad66
02-15-2018, 03:34 PM
I think YMMV.

Wifi at home is trusted

Wifi at home is semi-trusted depend on how loose your IT Security team plays it.

Wifi at school or public places are either potential honey pots or oversubscribed.

agreed. work wifi at my company is not only filtered (same filter as our corp computers), but also limited to 1.5 megabits. i used to have to use it when i got close to my 4GB limit but now after i switched to the 10GB plan in Dec I haven't had to connect since.

killramos
02-15-2018, 03:39 PM
No such issues for me :)

If I ever found myself close I would just do the $5 5GB upgrade, if Apega ever gets the plan administration under control.

holden
02-15-2018, 09:18 PM
That’s right, I only connect my work phone to wifi at work. I just leave my personal phone on cellular you data (with all the porn I browse at work).

Inzane
02-19-2018, 08:04 PM

I'll try to elaborate. Apega has thousands of members. Many, like me, are probably Telus customers. Many like me are probably not happy with what they currently pay. I was not previously aware of this apega wireless plan before spotting this thread recently. I was fairly excited when reading the start of this thread. When I caught up to the discussion of recent problems on the apega side, I was less so.

The point I was trying to make was can the existence of this apega wireless plan be leveraged to obtain a better rate while staying with your current provider (specifically Telus in my example) vs. switching to the apega plan?

killramos
03-16-2018, 03:05 PM
Apparently all of this has been sorted out and the new provider is in place as of next week. And they are gifting everyone a month of fees per line for the hassle.

Score.

Disoblige
03-16-2018, 03:58 PM
I wish I knew about the free overages sooner hahaha.
Also they mentioned about paying in October and getting that free too. I was charged in October so looks like 2 months free.

killramos
03-16-2018, 04:05 PM
I think they have no billing record for oct and will be billing everyone for it. But if you paid your bill in oct and can prove it you can get it waived.

I have 3 lines through them so saved 150 bucks :rofl:

nzwasp
03-21-2018, 11:52 AM
Should i be concerned that apega wireless doesnt see my phone number listed as a subscription on their service? I just got the email about how much was owing etc and how to sign up myself for an account on the new service.

holden
03-21-2018, 05:01 PM
I think they have no billing record for oct and will be billing everyone for it. But if you paid your bill in oct and can prove it you can get it waived.

I have 3 lines through them so saved 150 bucks :rofl:

I got invoices for September, October and November. I have a credit card charge on October 3rd for Mobility. Does this mean I already paid my September bill?

I'm no longer with them, I wonder if they would even bother sending this to collections if I didn't pay? Wish they just charged it to my annual fees it could be covered by work, lol.

V6-BoI
03-22-2018, 08:09 AM
Anyone having issues trying to link multiple phone numbers to a single email account? I had that with the old setup, and now Member Wireless sent me 2 emails to sign up, but it's only letting me link the one number.

realazy
03-22-2018, 10:55 AM
Anyone having issues trying to link multiple phone numbers to a single email account? I had that with the old setup, and now Member Wireless sent me 2 emails to sign up, but it's only letting me link the one number.

I having trouble even creating my account. It's giving me some object error.

The worst part is that this plan isn't even mine, it's for a family member but she didn't get an email to sign up.

This is such a mess.

holden
09-18-2018, 11:22 AM
I haven't been a customer since December and I just go a bill for services last year. What a mess.

killramos
09-18-2018, 12:14 PM
I haven't been a customer since December and I just go a bill for services last year. What a mess.

Same, this was from their old provider though.

Mine was automatically refunded 30 minutes later.

nzwasp
09-18-2018, 01:17 PM
So when they changed to the new provider they lost my number, didnt add it to the account but did add my wifes number. My phone still worked though and they left it in my court to make a ticket with them to add the number to our account. However to this day they have not charged me for the 8 months of phone usage on our account. Only charged us for my wifes number.

nzwasp
10-15-2018, 06:46 PM
Apega found my unpaid wireless bill with them finally they want me to pay $450 which isn’t too bad because they are comping me two months for losing the plan.

Inzane
10-16-2018, 02:56 PM
$54/month sounds like a good deal.

I've never been with anyone other than Telus. Does this Roger's plan include some rudimentary basics like voice mail and call display etc.? Would I need to have my Iphone 6 "unlocked" to move it away from Telus? Do they have a reasonable out of country roaming pkg? (e.g. was just in the US recently and it only cost me $7/day under my current Telus plan).

nzwasp
10-16-2018, 04:12 PM
I would have to look up the roaming plan with them. But it does include all those things, the phone does need to be unlocked but Telus are supposed to do that for you if you ask.

killramos
10-16-2018, 06:29 PM
The roaming is pretty simple, $40 lasts a month and includes 1GB data calls and texting.

Not great if you are a data hog, but its intended as a business plan. Same as the business plan I had at my last job.

The Cosworth
10-17-2018, 07:57 AM
$54/month sounds like a good deal.

I've never been with anyone other than Telus. Does this Roger's plan include some rudimentary basics like voice mail and call display etc.? Would I need to have my Iphone 6 "unlocked" to move it away from Telus? Do they have a reasonable out of country roaming pkg? (e.g. was just in the US recently and it only cost me $7/day under my current Telus plan).

- Yes it comes with call display, voicemail, etc.
- Yes you would need a Rogers phone. You also have to get your own Rogers SIM and put the code on the website so they can activate it.
- Not really sure on the roaming package. Looks like you got other answers.

prae
05-24-2019, 03:11 PM
Well, I just switched off of my $65/mo 10GB plan + $15/mo for US LD to the $55 APEGA plan. I only travel to the US once every few months, and at $7/day a $40/mo pack isn't all that different. Here's hoping I don't regret it.

nzwasp
05-24-2019, 04:24 PM
I just switched away from Apega to rogers with an employee discount to get a new iphone, might come back one day.

killramos
10-08-2019, 11:52 AM
Just got burned bad with this stupid account, set everything up for roam like home months ago and figured I would be good on my account.

Until I get here and they changed their policies and put a roaming lock on my phones, and apparently it takes them 3 business days to get the block removed.

Fucking joke, but hopefully I can prevent someone else from running into this issue. So much for last minute trips across the border on this stupid plan.

Disoblige
01-03-2021, 01:34 PM
killramos what is the APEGA account number if you can recall when you switched?
I'm trying to GTFO off this plan but the account number is no where indicated online or on billing documents. Is it a weird letter/number hybrid or something else? Fuck APEGA, ugh.

ExtraSlow
01-03-2021, 01:37 PM
Doesn't your new carrier handle the switch? I thought that was how it worked.

Disoblige
01-03-2021, 01:40 PM
Doesn't your new carrier handle the switch? I thought that was how it worked.
I thought so but they told me they need the account number of the old carrier or else it won't be processed. So I gave them what I thought to be is the account number and waiting to see if I get a message on the device if it was correct (usually takes a few hours). But I am expecting no text to come as it isn't clear wtf the account number actually is.

killramos
01-03-2021, 01:42 PM
First step is you need to get in touch with the program to release your number. Anything in the FAQs?

Disoblige
01-03-2021, 01:46 PM
First step is you need to get in touch with the program to release your number. Anything in the FAQs?
I have to contact APEGA to get my APEGA Wireless Account number? Is that what you had to do?
They're all off on holidays and already terrible to try to reach even when they are in. Ughhhhhhhhhhh.

killramos
01-03-2021, 01:49 PM
I submitted a number port out request with them yes. Then had Telus take care of the rest. I don’t remember specific details in account numbers etc.

Them being unable to do things is exactly why I bailed on them.

Disoblige
01-03-2021, 01:59 PM
I submitted a number port out request with them yes. Then had Telus take care of the rest. I don’t remember specific details in account numbers etc.

Them being unable to do things is exactly why I bailed on them.
But you called the main APEGA number or a specific number for APEGA Wireless? If there is a APEGA Wireless number, they don't list it anywhere.

killramos
01-03-2021, 02:05 PM
No phone call. I did it via support request.

Disoblige
01-03-2021, 02:11 PM
No phone call. I did it via support request.
Alright, thanks.

God dammit.

bjstare
01-03-2021, 03:47 PM
Rogers is shitty. APEGA is shittier. Rogers + APEGA = :rofl:

Disoblige
01-03-2021, 05:07 PM
Found this out in the FAQ:

Porting Outside of Rogers

Alternate mobility providers will require the customer’s phone number and IMEI number* in order to transfer the phone number to their network. Please note that they may ask for an Account Number. As discussed previously, individual lines on the APEGA Wireless Program do not have account numbers. As such, we will be unable to provide customers with an account number. Customers should simply inform the mobility provider that the account number is inaccessible and that they would like to use their IMEI number* instead.

The problem is that even with phone number and IMEI provided to the new carrier, there is port protection, so I still need to contact APEGA to get that removed first before I can port the number. Oh well, at least now i know...

killramos
01-03-2021, 05:11 PM
That sounds right. It ended up working out on my two lines.

nagooro
02-01-2022, 02:19 PM
Bump...anyone still on this plan with Apega? Thinking about switching to it, wondering if anyone else has had a bad experience with it...

Disoblige
02-01-2022, 02:30 PM
Bump...anyone still on this plan with Apega? Thinking about switching to it, wondering if anyone else has had a bad experience with it...
Yuck. Never. Find yourself a better retentions deal with Telus, Rogers, or another provider. They are not competitive anymore.