PDA

View Full Version : Should Canada build islands?

ZenOps
09-13-2017, 04:05 AM
WpdaDSxcBS8

Turk and Caicos got literally obliterated by hurricane (again). The location sucks balls, absolutely sucks balls (same geographic region as Puerto Rico) - I wouldn't take it from Britain if they gave it away for free now.

Now, China is building islands in ocean zones that have definite economic benefit and no big downsides (like being wiped out every five years because of storms) Since the US seems to take their "law" as sacred, they probably will adhere to someone who actually builds an island up with their own resources as sacred as well as long as the EEZ do not overlap. Could mean a Trillion dollar offshore oilfield...

We should rent out Chinas island building factories, to build us an island on the east and west coast. Yes, lets build islands.

Sugarphreak
09-13-2017, 09:03 AM

revelations
09-13-2017, 07:47 PM
Where exactly would you build this island? Straight of Juan de Fuca?

Manhattan
09-14-2017, 01:35 PM
Next to the water in Vancouver and Toronto. Low income housing. Just like Staten Island.

ZenOps
09-14-2017, 01:38 PM
Yup, off the east and west coasts. They need only be large enough to support something like a dingy dock, maybe a single helicopter pad and lighthouse.

As far as I can tell it could be a relatively inexpensive proposition, that would prevent the US from taking over more ocean.

suntan
09-14-2017, 02:18 PM
More Newfies? Fuck no.

Feruk
09-18-2017, 08:09 AM
Why the hell would we build off the coast of Canada? Let's build closer to Hawaii.

ExtraSlow
09-18-2017, 08:18 AM
Can't we just take over Guam and Puerto Rico? Maybe set up some soft cheese production facilities and a Nickle mine or two?