PDA

View Full Version : Tuner Transformations

Toms-Celica
03-23-2004, 10:41 PM
Did anybody watch this show on Speed Channel, hahahahahaha! Coles Notes: They took a 'dime a dozen' 2002 Civic DX, added an exhaust, intake, injectors, a chip, neonz lights, body kit, lowering springs and wheels and now they got a 'bling' ride.

These tools did not know anything! What a god damn joke! They refered to the neon lights as 'bling'. God damn, now we are going to have to deal with new ricers that think the neon lights out bling, what the hell is his name, Half a dolla? No, 50 Cent. This show is the pits, going to end up like high-rev tuners.

:rofl:

Redlyne_mr2
03-23-2004, 10:48 PM
It's filmed out of Ontario as well...what a surprise:thumbsdow

That.Guy.S30
03-23-2004, 10:52 PM
ahah that show sucks soo much.. i think they try to "act" to much. maybe they should just be techs instead of dicks. hah

RX7_FC3S
03-23-2004, 11:29 PM
I was watching that show, I think that those 3 idiots should do the world a favor and just kill themselves. They are a disgrace to Canada, and its car sceen.

Like that RX8 they took, added graffix, subs, and nos. WOW-WEEE!!!

The only thing I like about that show is the girl, and how the camera man wasnt afraid to zoom up on her ass! (I think it was on this show)

Moonracer
03-23-2004, 11:48 PM
It's quite the comedy show....:rofl:

EK 2.0
03-24-2004, 12:28 AM
Originally posted by Redlyne_mr2
It's filmed out of Ontario as well...what a surprise:thumbsdow

Dude I so thought it was CDN, from the 323 GTX episode...when they prepped the car for the "race on the rock"...I just couldnt place my finger on it...

doc_speeder
03-24-2004, 12:34 PM
Yeah, I like how they took a 1.8t golf, and "transformed" it by adding software, CAI, big heavy wheels, and a vinyl stripe. Like nobody's ever done that before. I can't believe that show made it on the air. Hopefully it doesn't see a second season.

Toms-Celica
03-24-2004, 01:29 PM
Originally posted by Moonracer
It's quite the comedy show....:rofl:

That's why its in 'Ask Leo'
:nut:

Chim
03-24-2004, 06:39 PM
That show's great
Those 3 guys arent even anything but actors, you always see the behind-the-scenes mechanics/body work guys doing stuff to the car while the 3 watch.

Then again, I think they let that one dude install an air intake :rofl:

civic_stylez
03-24-2004, 07:41 PM
its a takeoff of orange county choppers... that one fruit on tuner transformation thinks that by picking a fight with everbody about anything that people will think hes hardcore...well i suppose he is i mean he is...he rips the sleeves off his shop shirt.. and everytime the cameras on him he swears like crazy.. he probably got the job as part of a parole program...and i hate how they ALWAYS say "tricked out" on that show..i hate that fucking phrase...:thumbsdow

ZCracer
03-24-2004, 07:54 PM
"Next week, the guys make a federal case out of a Civic ride…"
Straight off the web site, what knobs.

rx7_turbo2
03-24-2004, 09:35 PM
Two of the guy's actually seem to do some of the work. But that third fucker with no sleeves is fucking useless. He comes up with all these dumb ass ideas and then he doesnt even do the work! Anybody can stand there and spout off useless idea's. I don't know where they got that cum stain, but he's got to go. I can stomache those types of shows more than most, but this show is totally unwatchable with that fuck tard in front of the camera.

01sohccivic
03-24-2004, 09:38 PM
Watch the first episode, was flipping through the channels and saw tuner transformation, dumb show. Those techs we're a bunch of dumbasses, anyone could have their jobs, I wonder how these guys got their jobs in the first place
WOW you can install NoS and a set of rims:nut:
But yeah after that first episode with the red rx-8 I willnever watched that show again rims, graphics, nitrious OMG!, 30 mins of my life I will never get back:thumbsdow

ExtremeSi
03-26-2004, 11:16 AM
Has anyone cought the show that usually runs after it "Sports Car Revolution". It's actually quite good. They show you how to get proper parts for the track (Mugen RSX:drool: ) and explain how shit actually works. No bling

LudeRoca
03-26-2004, 10:28 PM
Originally posted by ExtremeSi
Has anyone cought the show that usually runs after it "Sports Car Revolution". It's actually quite good. They show you how to get proper parts for the track (Mugen RSX:drool: ) and explain how shit actually works. No bling

Is this the one where they take two peoples cars and basicaly build the enitire engine and drive train and at the end race them in the 1/4 mile. If this is the same show i saw the episode where they did up a talon and a civic. The talon walked over the civic, however the civic was still using a stock component i cant remember what, I think it was the clutch but if this was replaced it would have made things interesting. But yea is this the show you are talking about?

01sohccivic
03-27-2004, 11:20 AM
Originally posted by ExtremeSi

That show sucks too, it's so technical it's boring. The only show I like is Hi - rev tuners, that show is intresting.

///M3
03-27-2004, 01:21 PM
haha ya its pretty lame......but i still watch it:D
The 240 with s13 conversion wasnt that bad:dunno:

///M3
03-27-2004, 01:25 PM
and they popped a sr20 in to the 240, thought that was great.

Hey and those 323 gtx's can really rip. get a chip to pop it up to 16 psi and there money:thumbsup:

rx7_turbo2
03-27-2004, 06:59 PM
Originally posted by 01sohccivic

The only show I like is Hi - rev tuners, that show is intresting.

God I hope your kidding:dunno:

01sohccivic
03-27-2004, 09:32 PM
Originally posted by rx7_turbo2

God I hope your kidding:dunno:

Whats wrong with that show? is it wrong for me to watch a tv show? or does watching this show automatically makes me a ricer?:thumbsdow

Maybe if they make a JDM tuner show, then we can all be bandwagon jumpers and watch that show and not get flamed for watching it;)

africano
03-27-2004, 09:54 PM
Hi-Rev Tuners is for ricers, the hosts know absolutely nothing about cars (except doc he's legit). They only comment on paint color and rims, all show and no go. Tuner Transformations is a joke, two of the "experts" don't even know what an SR20DET is. And they got like a body shop to do the s13/240sx, that must have been a real challenge:rolleyes: . I personally enjoy Sports Car Revolution, Kazzer funny. :D

01sohccivic
03-27-2004, 09:57 PM
^ Hey man that show is good Sports car revolution I forgot to mention that one, i just started watching that show I always forget what channel it's on, since it's on in the mournings on the weekends. Spike tv right?

method
03-27-2004, 11:10 PM

That show sucks too, it's so technical it's boring. The only show I like is Hi - rev tuners, that show is intresting.

^ Hey man that show is good Sports car revolution I forgot to mention that one

so which is it.. it sucks or it's good?

hjr
03-27-2004, 11:37 PM
"sports car revolution" is a great show. they do track tests of actual quality products, they shut down ricers on their dyno truth or dare, they have a carrera4 for all year driving! what else could you want?

rx7_turbo2
03-28-2004, 08:41 AM

Whats wrong with that show? is it wrong for me to watch a tv show? or does watching this show automatically makes me a ricer?:thumbsdow

Maybe if they make a JDM tuner show, then we can all be bandwagon jumpers and watch that show and not get flamed for watching it;)

It's just a lame show. The hosts are terrible, they never showcase anything with any real power, just body kit and rims body kit and rims, yikes if I wanted to see car's with zero engine mods but big gross body kits and rims I'd just drive around town for an hour and get my fill. I rank 90% of all the latest JDM tuner crap right in there with the regualr ricers.

ExtremeSi
03-31-2004, 12:19 PM
Originally posted by LudeRoca

Is this the one where they take two peoples cars and basicaly build the enitire engine and drive train and at the end race them in the 1/4 mile. If this is the same show i saw the episode where they did up a talon and a civic. The talon walked over the civic, however the civic was still using a stock component i cant remember what, I think it was the clutch but if this was replaced it would have made things interesting. But yea is this the show you are talking about?

No that's not the same show. I'm not sure what one you're talking about