PDA

View Full Version : Thoughts on Colours condo building and area?

The BMW Guy
09-23-2017, 11:37 AM
I like the layout/openess of the corner units in Colours. Concrete floors look bad from the pictures but I have yet to go see one yet.
Just wondering what everyone's thoughts are on this building and/or area for buying? Any complaints, things to watch out for?

Big fan of having no random amenities like gym/sauna/pool that the condo fees have to pay into.

JordanLotoski
09-23-2017, 09:16 PM
Personally I like the building. There are a few odd layouts but all in all its good.

I have 2 sets of clients in there now.

eblend
09-24-2017, 08:49 PM
I rented in the chocolate for a couple of years, same developer I believe, was pretty good, concrete floors made it dusty as fuck everywhere, but no other complaints.

sexualbanana
09-24-2017, 08:51 PM
I live in the building and I enjoy it. My layout is little funky, but it's adequate for a single person. I think the thing to consider with units in Colours is lifestyle and requirements. Sliding doors are great space savers, but don't do shit when it comes to privacy.

The concrete floors are cool. I love mine. But the colour of the staining needs to be considered. With a dark staining like mine, the polish scratches super easy, so I'm really paranoid about moving things by myself for fear of scratching it up.

2 elevators is also adequate, but it can be pretty rough when an elevator is booked for moving. We've also had some issues with elevators lately that seem to creep up once every 18-20 months. One function elevator can wreak havoc on the building.

crazieness
09-24-2017, 10:53 PM
Proximity to the core is great but not a fan of the immediate surroundings. Doesn't help when a guy offers to sell brand new Nike Jordans out of a garbage bag as I'm showing units for sale in the building. Overall good entry point building for something that's around 10ish years old. Low condo fees. Common areas not well kept.

tonytiger55
09-25-2017, 05:28 AM
How big are the bedrooms in terms of sq?

s2k_boi
09-25-2017, 08:27 AM
One thing to note is I believe that building doesn't have visitor parking. As mentioned there is a few layouts that are really nice but some odd ones too. The area is better than Sasso, Vetro, etc which is much closer to the Alpha House.

sexualbanana
09-25-2017, 05:42 PM
One thing to note is I believe that building doesn't have visitor parking. As mentioned there is a few layouts that are really nice but some odd ones too. The area is better than Sasso, Vetro, etc which is much closer to the Alpha House.

The lack of visitor parking is a bit annoying for sure.

HiSpec
09-25-2017, 06:13 PM
Proximity to the core is great but not a fan of the immediate surroundings. Doesn't help when a guy offers to sell brand new Nike Jordans out of a garbage bag as I'm showing units for sale in the building. Overall good entry point building for something that's around 10ish years old. Low condo fees. Common areas not well kept.

I used to work at the building across from Colours. There are a lot of sketchy people hanging around that stubby little building beside Colours. I've seen a few times where SWAT team would surround the building and drag someone out from the building, probably a drug bust. Great after lunch entertainment.

know1edge
09-25-2017, 09:21 PM

The BMW Guy
09-26-2017, 09:17 AM
i found the kitchen sinks way too small

Yeah I was told the dishwashers are quite small, which would be fine if the sinks were big enough for me to do dished but I heard the sinks are half the size of a normal sink too. Shame.

For the right price I think it's a decent building still.

SkiBum5.0
09-26-2017, 12:36 PM
They used to have a problem with theft in the parkade - every week there would be something. The Church across the street is also a deep cover front for the devil himself. Towed my car in 2007, on a Monday afternoon at 1pm, with the car running (remote start) while I dropped off some camping stuff for a friend.

know1edge
09-26-2017, 11:27 PM