PDA

View Full Version : What's your favorite $25'(+or-) per entree restaurant/pub?

Tik-Tok
09-28-2017, 11:14 AM
Having to actually pay a babysitter these days has cut our dining out budget in half, so just curious what your personal fav. places are?

Anywhere in the city, and any type of food.

JfuckinC
09-28-2017, 11:25 AM
Joeys/Cactus/Earls... I never get tired of their food. Happy hour is getting better at these places too!

Tik-Tok
09-28-2017, 11:33 AM
Joeys/Cactus/Earls... I never get tired of their food. Happy hour is getting better at these places too!

I should add, trying to avoid chains. Not that I have a problem with their food, but our closest friends eat at those places like 3 days a week as it is, lol.

ExtraSlow
09-28-2017, 11:42 AM
Downtown I really like Palomino and Bear and Kilt. Food is not fussy, but it's well prepared and well priced.
Puspa is good cheaper indian food in the NW. Jurees and White Elephant are good Thai places.

tonytiger55
09-28-2017, 12:14 PM
I know its not relevant but I just had to share. Just got back from the motherland and a friend took me to this pub.
Bloody awesome.. The food is top notch... The pub itself is great.
http://www.brunningandprice.co.uk/oldorchard/photos/the-old-orchard/

Sorry back to topic
I really do like Klein and Harris downtown. Ive been there a few times and food is always top notch. Staff and owners are really friendly.

I really do like Shikiji.. The Chilli Goma... OMG OMG :rolleyes:
http://www.shikiji.ca/

Bocce was great for Pizza, but I think its closed down now.
Una is pretty good. But don't sit at the back, it gets hot in there. You will be sweating like a fat man chasing cake.
I did like Without Papers in Inglewood, but since eating good pizza at Bocce I found the pizza here too greasy. Lots of fruit fly's around the restaurant and it gets really hot in there. Might be different in the winter now, Its not bad, but its not been same experience. Ive been there lots over the years, Una is my choice over this place now.

Minh Chau Restaurant in Inglewood has good Pho.

Himalayan on 17th West is really good north Indian Food. Recommend to make a reservation
himalayancuisine.ca/

Japanese Noodle House on 13st SW. I fucking love this place. Mom and Pop restaurant. Reminds me of my own parents cooking etc.

+1 Jurees. Good Thai food.

asp integra
09-28-2017, 12:48 PM
If you enjoy a little drive, head out to the Bavarian Inn in Bragg Creek. Its my wife and I's favourite restaurant.
Almost all entrees are in the $20s and the food is amazing. The setting is really nice and it feels like a little getaway doing the 15-20 minute drive west to Bragg Creek.

Check it out next time you want to go for dinner, you won't be disappointed!

https://www.thebavarianinn.com/

D'z Nutz
09-28-2017, 01:02 PM
Is this not including any drinks or something?

Are you guys all students on a budget or something?

Tik-Tok
09-28-2017, 01:25 PM

:D We're talking about dinner, not lunch.

JfuckinC
09-28-2017, 01:27 PM

What's his budget any concern of yours? lol He's looking for a cheap date night, not a beyond baller extravaganza. No where is cheap when you have a couple drinks, that's what always murders my bill :angel:

npham
09-28-2017, 02:09 PM
What's his budget any concern of yours? lol He's looking for a cheap date night, not a beyond baller extravaganza. No where is cheap when you have a couple drinks, that's what always murders my bill :angel:
*Whoosh*

Rocket1k78
09-28-2017, 02:09 PM

Hes not actually making fun of him lol hes referring to the infamous 89coupe lunch thread where coupe was calling people students because we couldnt afford $100 lunches like him. Funny part was that wasnt even his own money and it was expensed to his work

JfuckinC
09-28-2017, 02:12 PM
Hes not actually making fun of him lol hes referring to the infamous 89coupe lunch thread where coupe was calling people students because we couldnt afford $100 lunches like him. Funny part was that wasnt even his own money and it was expensed to his work

Well, Fuck me right? lol i don't know the details of the thread, just of the thread and his frivolous lunches, reference lost on me :facepalm: My bad D'z Nuts lol

tonytiger55
09-28-2017, 02:13 PM
If you enjoy a little drive, head out to the Bavarian Inn in Bragg Creek. Its my wife and I's favourite restaurant.
Almost all entrees are in the $20s and the food is amazing. The setting is really nice and it feels like a little getaway doing the 15-20 minute drive west to Bragg Creek.

Check it out next time you want to go for dinner, you won't be disappointed!

https://www.thebavarianinn.com/

Hey, If you like that cusine. Check out Helna's Stube in Radium if your ever passing by. Its pretty good too.

ExtraSlow
09-28-2017, 02:50 PM
If you are in Banff, a good cheaper option is Coyote's. a southwest theme, great breakfast/lunch place, always busy, always delicious.

The_Rural_Juror
09-28-2017, 11:11 PM

The NAV and Tech package doesn't pay for itself.

TomcoPDR
09-29-2017, 01:25 AM
I always enjoy Taste of Asia groups of restaurants (i.e. eatery attached or within same complex as T&T supermarkets), Calgary Court in Chinatown... http://www.tasteofasiagroup.ca/ go there during tea time specials, $12-15 bucks including drinks (add $1 for cold drinks)... and it's rumoured that staff don't get tip outs, owner keeps it all, so they could care less if you tip or not. (disclaimer: might be outdated info, or inaccurate, source: know a person, that knows a person that works there that's said it to another person)

I enjoy Toscana, Broken Plate, Blackfoot truck stop, Pho (that can be a thread in itself), Buffalo wild wings, Cravings market... all within thread budget.

ExtraSlow
09-29-2017, 06:27 AM
Forgot to mention fourth spot, big fish, and best of all, boogies!

Strider
09-29-2017, 09:06 AM
You guys are really lowballing OP's $25 +/- entree criteria with pho, ramen, and greasy burgers. Are you all students on a budget or something?

Anju
Briggs
Niko's Bistro
Pure Contemporary Vietnamese
Khao San Thai Kitchen
Hayden Block (1/2 price meat after 10pm :drool:)

Mitsu3000gt
09-29-2017, 11:26 AM
For me it's Anju. Most reasonably priced place I have ever found compared to the food quality, for my tastes. I have never spent more than $100 (before tip) there for two, and always leave stuffed including wine. Corkage is also crazy cheap at $15 and free on Sundays.

403civic
09-29-2017, 11:58 AM
......and it's rumoured that staff don't get tip outs, owner keeps it all, so they could care less if you tip or not. (disclaimer: might be outdated info, or inaccurate, source: know a person, that knows a person that works there that's said it to another person)

I was told that this has changed, and now they are paid the tips.

Its the consistency that I like from the Taste of Asia Group.
nothing ever taste "bad" and I know what i'm going to get when I go there.

Rocket1k78
09-29-2017, 02:42 PM
Its the consistency that I like from the Taste of Asia Group.
nothing ever taste "bad" and I know what i'm going to get when I go there.

Yep! For Chinese food they do a damn good job 99% of the time and every restaurant in their chain is good. T pot and forbidden is getting pretty pricey though, dim sum at t pot for 3 adults and 2 kids cost me $140.00 and we were at forbidden tuesday for dinner and that was Almost $180 for 4 adults and 4 kids