PDA

View Full Version : Shipping things to Europe (Hungary)

bigbadboss101
09-28-2017, 12:36 PM
Any of you have first hand experience shipping things to Europe? In our case it would be to Hungary. Bigger cities should have no issues. Small town Hungary I am not sure. I want the package to be safe, traceable, insurable and the price be reasonable. Which company have you sent packages with?

GTR_Auto
09-28-2017, 08:42 PM
Canada Post or DHL

Kobe
09-28-2017, 09:51 PM
DHL def in Hungary, can convert 100%

Had a phone sent there once and paid duty(Around $100cad) on it also had about 10 hoodies sent and paid duty on that as well (around $200cad)
They both arrived on time with no issues..

If you ship via Canada post it will go to Magyar Posta (https://www.posta.hu/international)

mr2mike
10-02-2017, 01:33 PM
No issues to Hungary as long as you put some tracking and insurance on it.
Small Parcel Air without tracking, likely takes forever and risk losing it in the mail.

Double check at Canada Post for the prohibitive items into that country. Sometimes they can be odd and surprising.

https://www.canadapost.ca/tools/pg/manual/pgIntDest-e.asp?letter=H

bigbadboss101
10-02-2017, 01:39 PM
Thank you guys, much appreciated. We want to send clothes and goods home to the family.

Go4Long
10-03-2017, 01:03 PM
and if you're hoping to get it there in time for Christmas it should have shipped already.

Kobe
10-04-2017, 08:38 AM
Have you sent clothes there before?

I ask because we had Kokanee sponsor us for a ski trip in 2014? and send us 12 hoodies with DHL Express to Budapest (I was living there) and it was last minute we ended up paying around $20 per hoodie to customs. They didn't have tags or anything on them and I have no idea where this price came from since we paid $0 for them.

So assuming going express not the way to go for clothes. Ship by boat and it's the cheapest + least likely to be checked but ya should ship ASAP if it's for Christmas...

bigbadboss101
10-04-2017, 09:19 AM
We received stuff from my wife's mom before. Not sure what she paid but it's not fast. We are thinking of sending some beauty products actually BUT might send it with a friend who is travelling to Budapest. She can then mail from there to small town. Might still be safer and cheaper.

Kobe do you still visit? We were there for a bit this past summer. My wife and daughter loves visiting with family for 6 or so weeks.