PDA

View Full Version : Bugatti Chiron in Calgary!

austic
09-29-2017, 10:00 AM
Hi all,

First off I apologize for not being able to get a picture as I was in traffic on Glenmore this morning but coming the other way was a blue Bugatti Chiron quite incredible sound and sight. Hopefully someone will grab a picture of it out today. Rumor has it that its at the Lamborghini dealership and will be on the roads quite a bit today.

revelations
09-29-2017, 10:19 AM
For sure a Chiron and not a Veyron?

lilmira
09-29-2017, 10:32 AM
probably a fiero

austic
09-29-2017, 12:19 PM
For sure a Chiron, its been confirmed that its at Lambo Calgary. FCA_alberta on Instagram is buying one and has a picture with it today. Lucky bastard what a glorious noise it made just in the traffic of Glenmore.

Disoblige
09-29-2017, 12:21 PM
Hopefully the thing was properly paint protected before hitting the roads!

heavyD
09-29-2017, 01:16 PM
Hopefully the thing was properly paint protected before hitting the roads!

For the money that car costs I would hope it comes with quality automotive paint and not this thin, soft stuff we get from regular automakers that isn't very durable at all.

beyond_ban
09-29-2017, 02:28 PM
I am pretty sure the one that is here currently is the demo that has been used and abused by all auto mags and shows and has around 20,000 km on the clock. Would definitely be a treat to see it live and in action.

BavarianBeast
09-29-2017, 02:34 PM
Fuck work, I'm going Chiron hunting!

C4S
09-29-2017, 04:05 PM
Look like that $3.5M beast is at Lambo store now ...

90_Shelby
09-29-2017, 05:07 PM
A buddy saw it on Old Banff Coach Rd today.

JordanLotoski
09-29-2017, 05:45 PM
Amazing car....Ill have to check it out this weekend

RT16V
09-29-2017, 06:47 PM
Yep, I saw it. Woah. Even at 60km/hr.....menacing.

GTR_Auto
09-30-2017, 10:02 AM
Cant wait to see one here

bjstare
09-30-2017, 10:31 AM
A buddy saw it on Old Banff Coach Rd today.

Right by my house! Too bad I missed it.

VWEvo
09-30-2017, 04:56 PM
Just drove by my house on Horizon View road in springbank!! Crazy

gpomp
09-30-2017, 06:07 PM

Saw this coming out of Springbank Airport this afternoon.

zhao
09-30-2017, 08:42 PM
For the money that car costs I would hope it comes with quality automotive paint and not this thin, soft stuff we get from regular automakers that isn't very durable at all.

Doubt it. While what a mercedes/bmw/audi gets is potentially than a mitsubishi/kia/gm for hardness/durability I doubt you're getting anything surpassing your typical german luxury car paint on something more high end. It also depends where the car was built too, as different countries have different VOC laws. My understanding is cars built in Germany still get to use solvent based paint. Plus, there really aren't that many paint manufacturers out there, and while there may be a lot of brands, they all pretty much fall under the umbrella of a few companies. merc/bmw/audi all recommend the same brand of paint for example, and I doubt ultra niche manufacturers spray anything different. $5 says lambo and bugatti get sprayed with the same brand of paint as a base model A3. Although you will see unique paint codes on high end cars, like 4 stage paint jobs. You'll also see better care and attention with finishing the paint by hand. I guarantee there will still be imperfections with it though and it's condition will still get raped by normal driving and not washing it right.

You dont want thick paint either too. Thick = easier to chip.

dirtsniffer
09-30-2017, 08:58 PM
https://www.autoevolution.com/news/bentley-details-mulsanne-paint-process-17796.html

Even if it's the same brand. Its certainly not the same quality.

zhao
09-30-2017, 11:56 PM
I mentioned that.

You'll also see better care and attention with finishing the paint by hand. I guarantee there will still be imperfections with it though and it's condition will still get raped by normal driving and not washing it right.

However, there are advantages to prepping and spraying it by robot in a sealed clean room right after the chassis was dipped in e-coat, over having someone do it by hand. There is paint that activates and changes in the bake cycle (which is why factory paint is better than what a bodyshop can spray, because the factory gets to bake the car to higher temps because no worries on plastics melting or interiors getting fucked) and if a human is in the room spraying there will be more crap floating in the air that will settle on the paint prior to drying.

plus like i said, it's still not perfect no matter what.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2731923/World-s-expensive-car-gets-world-s-expensive-polish-3-000-paint-job-uses-MICROSCOPE-spot-tiniest-imperfections-2-1m-Bugatti-Veyron.html

dirtsniffer
10-01-2017, 12:09 AM
I read an article afterwards that the veyrons finish is inspected by hand for 20 hours throughout the process. Pretty impressive.