PDA

View Full Version : Nissan Xterra - Thoughts / Reviews?

KPHMPH
09-29-2017, 08:29 PM
So the small compact car is now off my list to drive back and forth from Calgary to GP. I've found a 2007 Xterra with 80k on it and it seems like an average deal.

Has anyone had one and what can you say about them?

So far it is a 50/50 mix of good and bad reviews.

Good say they last forever, Bad say the transmissions suck and they won't start in cold tempatures.

Thanks!

dirtsniffer
09-29-2017, 08:57 PM
Single lane highway right? Use the f450 hah

NissanFanBoy
09-29-2017, 11:05 PM
The only problem with the tranny is that they routed the fluid into the radiator and the pipe cracks and they mix. So when you check you just check the coolant, make sure there's no oil mixed in and if it's really bad it's looks like purple-pink slush. Most people in the know do the real easy fix of rerouting the fluid out of the radiator though so just look underneath to check. Sorry, you'll have to google what it looks like, basically on the bottom of the radiator, you'll see a short tube that will go out and back in, leads to nowhere. That's how you know it's been done.

Other than that, no real problems, 4.0 VQ is bulletproof and provides plenty of low end torque, highway hp isn't bad either. These Xterras come in manual too! :clap: Never heard of this no start in cold weather thing....I used to park my 06 Pathfinder in -30 for days and it starts on a dime.

Down side..the interiors are DREADFUL and dated, and no leather in the Xterras, only Pathy's..I could be wrong but the newer ones did come with leather? I'm talking 2012+ though...

loweg
09-30-2017, 09:48 AM
Had a friend with one and I couldn't sit in the backseat. For some reason that vehicle would make so many people car sick in the back seat. I'd never experienced it until his vehicle and had not experienced it since .