PDA

View Full Version : Benefits Options for a Small business

jesterme2007
10-06-2017, 08:27 AM
We are looking into benifits for our small business under 10 employees. Any recommendations on which companies we should look at?

JRSC00LUDE
10-06-2017, 09:04 AM
We are looking into benifits for our small business under 10 employees. Any recommendations on which companies we should look at?

We currently provide an annual health spending account to our guys that is administered by Serre Financial. This is what made most sense for us.

ExtraSlow
10-06-2017, 09:07 AM
Well blue cross has an easy online quote system.

When I looked at it for myself it wasn't worthwhile for me as a business owner, and my kids have significant medical bills.

Are you looking to improve the health and happiness of your existing employees or using it more like a recruitment tool? There are self-admistered options that are pretty cheap.

I've heard of small businesses just giving every employee a $5000 "health amount" in cash and letting the individuals decide how to spend it. That's easy.

RX_EVOLV
10-06-2017, 09:42 AM
We (small business, <7 employees) are with Sunlife for our benefits. We make our employees pay 50%, which is ~$150-350/month depending on their status (married, kids, income, etc).

The ones with a family love it and they max out all the dental, massages, visions, etc every year. The younger ones with no family don't really care for it and almost rather have that $200/month extra income. It was a bit of a mixed reaction when it was introduced ( since they have to pay half) but ultimately the ones w/ family, who are not surprisingly more senior in the company, won.