PDA

View Full Version : Family member in finance trouble

Pages : [1] 2

B.Spilner
10-07-2017, 09:00 PM
So I have a family member that just doesn't use her brain. Here's the situation,

She bought a used 2017 Santa fe with 46000kms for $38000.

She doesn't have her license, but her boyfriend convinced her to finance the vehicle anyways and get her license at a later date. And stupidly she did....

So she gets the vehicle home, and 2 days later her boyfriend says he paying the payments so he's gonna keep it at his house.. which he now has the vehicle.

Here's the kicker, she found a hand written bill of sale that says she sold it to her boyfriend's friend, and now he has it insured. Her signature is forged, it's not hard to see.

Sorry if this is confusing I'm just boggled and trying to figure out how this happened, how did it leave the dealership with out her insurance??? Is that not illegal.

I've got her calling the cops and reporting the vehicle stolen since her boyfriend isn't answering.

Tips? Wtf just happened here?? Also I'm seeing Sean bannerjee s name on one of the dealership invoices!!!!

EDIT: she paid $48000 ( I'm just shaking my head) for a 2017 Santa fe with 46000kms.

Sean bannerjee s name is on the warranty, and paint protection papers....

zieg
10-07-2017, 09:17 PM
This should be good.

RealJimmyJames
10-07-2017, 09:34 PM
Is this real life?

JRSC00LUDE
10-07-2017, 09:35 PM
The fuck?! That story is crazy BEFORE the Banerjee.

Be interesting to see which way the crookie crumbles.

Edit - Who the hell pays over double the going price for a vehicle? Something ain't right here.

B.Spilner
10-07-2017, 09:45 PM
How was it allowed to leave the lot with out her proof of insurance?? I always thought you had to prove insurance and registration if it was a financed vehicle?

It's one fucked up puzzle.

Wife doesn't want me to get involved, but I'm super tempted to make a phone call tommorow just to see what's up.

B.Spilner
10-07-2017, 09:52 PM
Some important key notes:

My sister is really this dumb, but she did sign all of the finance papers, warranty, and paint protection. They duped her good.

She did not sign or know about the bill of sale, selling it to the friend. I have the papers and it's clearly not her signature.

I have no idea if the vehicle is insured or registered at the moment.

Location is Edmonton.

Tej.S
10-07-2017, 10:28 PM
Have nothing relevant to offer to the thread. Just in for the lols.

RealJimmyJames
10-07-2017, 10:45 PM
Sounds like the car is stolen with a fraudulent bill of sale. Call the cops.

ExtraSlow
10-07-2017, 10:59 PM
Serious question. If you meddle in this are you just going to push her away? She's obviously in an abusive and toxic relationship and is being taken advantage of, but it's not a simple matter to solve that.

B.Spilner
10-07-2017, 11:02 PM
I told her to call a coupl3 hours ago. Haven't heard anything since. Once she gets it back into her possession it'll be going to another family members garage until this is sorted out.

- - - Updated - - -

She has been in abusive relationships and meddling in with those only made things worse. This one she asked for help and I said I'll see what I can do.

I

max_boost
10-07-2017, 11:03 PM
Serious question. If you meddle in this are you just going to push her away? She's obviously in an abusive and toxic relationship and is being taken advantage of, but it's not a simple matter to solve that. she needs a guy like me to take care of her but of course women like assholes.

B.Spilner
10-07-2017, 11:07 PM
Yes she's the one siblings that couldn't get her shit together.

I'm the oldest brother to 4 younger sisters. She's the youngest. I was a troubled youth that put my parents through a lot of stuff, so we're often compared. We've always had that bond, and when she hurts, I hurt. This just pisses me off

D'z Nutz
10-07-2017, 11:12 PM
This one she asked for help and I said I'll see what I can do.

I have nothing to add, but good on you for this. I hope you can get this sorted out.

dirtsniffer
10-07-2017, 11:19 PM
Aaaand I'm guessing it's financed over 7 years at 7% interest.

Also it sounds illegal.

B.Spilner
10-07-2017, 11:24 PM
Aaaand I'm guessing it's financed over 7 years at 7% interest.

Also it sounds illegal.

The dealership is newer and has a ton of extremely good reviews.

Yes and 6.99.

B.Spilner
10-07-2017, 11:32 PM
I have nothing to add, but good on you for this. I hope you can get this sorted out.

Thanks. She drives me nuts... But what you gonna do lol.

Sugarphreak
10-07-2017, 11:59 PM

rx7boi
10-08-2017, 12:19 AM
Damn...$48,000.

That's about a buck per km I guess?

Buster
10-08-2017, 01:36 AM
has she been texting with her old boyfriend?

BokCh0y
10-08-2017, 03:04 AM
Is she even with the guy anymore?

spikerS
10-08-2017, 07:09 AM
This whole situation seems way too fabricated to be real.

if this is real, and not some dumb trolling attmept, this is really fucked up.

The bill of sale is obviously forged, so cops can sort that out, and retrieve the vehicle.

2, what dealership sold her a 2017 Hyundai for $48000? I don't think they are even that much new...

3, how could she drive it off the lot? You need insurance to register it, and being financed, the finance company requires the insurance which she isn't going to get without a DL...Unless the insured driver is the BF...

this whole situation is fucked...for $50k there are so many better vehicles out there...

A little google-fu and I think this is the dealer.... https://www.rivercityhyundai.com

B.Spilner
10-08-2017, 07:46 AM
This whole situation seems way too fabricated to be real.

if this is real, and not some dumb trolling attmept, this is really fucked up.

The bill of sale is obviously forged, so cops can sort that out, and retrieve the vehicle.

2, what dealership sold her a 2017 Hyundai for $48000? I don't think they are even that much new...

3, how could she drive it off the lot? You need insurance to register it, and being financed, the finance company requires the insurance which she isn't going to get without a DL...Unless the insured driver is the BF...

this whole situation is fucked...for $50k there are so many better vehicles out there...

A little google-fu and I think this is the dealer.... https://www.rivercityhyundai.com

Good morning and here we go!

Not fabricated. Extra fucked up.

Spikers those are the exact questions I'll be asking management this morning. And yea that's the dealership!

I found the vehicle on kijiji, she confirmed it. $29488 LOL.

B.Spilner
10-08-2017, 07:51 AM
https://www.kijiji.ca/v-cars-trucks/edmonton/2017-hyundai-santa-fe-xl-awd-premium-heated-seats-bluetooth/1289219560?utm_source=com.workpail.inkpad.notepad.notes&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=socialbuttonsVIP&utm_content=app_android

Price: $.29,488

This is what I think happened.

New kid at dealership is shady, has shady friends. Friends ask if he will do shady stuff at work. He says yes as long as I can tack some money on top and sell her everything at full price. Does. Now a legal binding fucked up paper trail points right back at them with so many unanswered questions. I've decided to make a phone call and persue this.

flipstah
10-08-2017, 08:08 AM
So I have a family member that just doesn't use her brain. Here's the situation,

She bought a used 2017 Santa fe with 46000kms for $38000.

She doesn't have her license, but her boyfriend convinced her to finance the vehicle anyways and get her license at a later date. And stupidly she did....

So she gets the vehicle home, and 2 days later her boyfriend says he paying the payments so he's gonna keep it at his house.. which he now has the vehicle.

Here's the kicker, she found a hand written bill of sale that says she sold it to her boyfriend's friend, and now he has it insured. Her signature is forged, it's not hard to see.

Sorry if this is confusing I'm just boggled and trying to figure out how this happened, how did it leave the dealership with out her insurance??? Is that not illegal.

I've got her calling the cops and reporting the vehicle stolen since her boyfriend isn't answering.

Tips? Wtf just happened here?? Also I'm seeing Sean bannerjee s name on one of the dealership invoices!!!!

EDIT: she paid $48000 ( I'm just shaking my head) for a 2017 Santa fe with 46000kms.

Sean bannerjee s name is on the warranty, and paint protection papers....

Good God. Stick to your sister as she needs you more than ever.

As someone mentioned, the hand written bill of sale is fraudulent so the car can be recovered. That's just an investigation with the witness in said bill of sale. If the witness is associated with the bf than your sister, it'll look slightly better for your ssister.

So if your sister couldve bought the car without producing a licence, the dealership was sketchy to begin with imo.

Might need to lawyer up and good luck.

Also, gotta love interest

- - - Updated - - -

OP do you have a copy of the Hyundai bill of sale from the dealer? Find out where the extra $18k came from after taxes and loan interest. I bet they tacked fees that are not allowed and undisclosed. Or she got duped into extended warranty.

Send the docs to rage2 so he can confirm the Banerjee!

B.Spilner
10-08-2017, 08:23 AM
I will gladly text them over to rage if he wants to pm me his number.

I have copies of

Finance
Dealership bill of sale
Warranty
Paint protection
Hand written bill of sale.

Another fun point, she works for minimum wage part time and has had the job for no longer then 6 months.

How the f did she finance this. This just get a crazier and crazier the more it unravels

EDIT all said and done she will pay $58247.

ExtraSlow
10-08-2017, 08:52 AM
The fact that this was financed isn't surprising. Even "reputable" dealerships have departments or in-house secondary lenders that make a killing of people with terrible credit. This is a massive part of the used vehicle industry.

Had a chat with the manager of one of the larger used car dealerships here in cowtown and he admits that he's not in the business of automobiles, he's in the business of lending to people with bad credit. He'd sell vacuums if he could get enough poor and stupid people to finance them. He hates and actively discourages anyone who wants to pay cash.

B.Spilner
10-08-2017, 09:09 AM
^^^ can you finance a vehicle without a licence? I just found out she got her learners 2 days after the purchase.

revelations
10-08-2017, 09:20 AM
Im not really sure what can be done here. If a bill of sale states 500,000$ for a vehicle, and she chose to agree to it and finance it, and then took possession of the vehicle, there probably isnt a whole lot she could do.

Its not fraud, its just stupidity.

B.Spilner
10-08-2017, 09:28 AM
So here's the math

Sticker price - $29488
Price agreed - $38988
Admin fee. - $395
Warranty. - $3250
Etch. $499
Tire/rim. $599.
Gas fee. $65
Reg. $78.93
Gst. $2186.86

Total $46068.04
Total with financing $58247.51.

Where's that Facepalm smiley.

- - - Updated - - -

Im not really sure what can be done here. If a bill of sale states 500,000$ for a vehicle, and she chose to agree to it and finance it, and then took possession of the vehicle, there probably isnt a whole lot she could do.

Its not fraud, its just stupidity.

I agree.

But can it be bought with out a licence, insurance and registration?

This is supposed to be a reputable dealership? Why wouldn't they question why it's being sold 10k over asking? I would hope that would be a red flag for some people. But maybe I'm wrong.

zhao
10-08-2017, 09:28 AM
I will gladly text them over to rage if he wants to pm me his number.

I have copies of

Finance
Dealership bill of sale
Warranty
Paint protection
Hand written bill of sale.

Another fun point, she works for minimum wage part time and has had the job for no longer then 6 months.

How the f did she finance this. This just get a crazier and crazier the more it unravels

EDIT all said and done she will pay $58247.

whats the breakdown? 7% over 96 months potentially means she didn't get screwed, she's just dumb.

38g for that thing (did they bump it up 3g?) + gst + every dealer protection package + extended warranty = in the realm of possibility to be 58g after interest, because she's paying probably 14g in interest, and probably bought 5g worth of addons with the pro pack and warranty?.

Dealer financing means most everyone can get financed too. Going through BMW credit they verified my income on the honor system. Didn't even want to see my proof, didn't care. Their words, 'dont worry about financing, everyone gets approved'.

If you want to verify fraud, find out what the declared income was because I'm guessing that is fudged. It'll be fraud on your sisters end most likely as she probably signed off saying that is true (maybe she didn't), but if you can argue her IQ is low and she was coached to say that, that might be on the dealership because its not an uncommon way of scamming financing companies in to approving loans. She might have an amvic case then to nullify that deal.

dj_rice
10-08-2017, 09:29 AM
In for the lolz :) now my thread can be forgotten ahah

B.Spilner
10-08-2017, 09:44 AM
whats the breakdown? 7% over 96 months potentially means she didn't get screwed, she's just dumb.

38g for that thing (did they bump it up 3g?) + gst + every dealer protection package + extended warranty = in the realm of possibility to be 58g after interest, because she's paying probably 14g in interest, and probably bought 5g worth of addons with the pro pack and warranty?.

Dealer financing means most everyone can get financed too. Going through BMW credit they verified my income on the honor system. Didn't even want to see my proof, didn't care. Their words, 'dont worry about financing, everyone gets approved'.

If you want to verify fraud, find out what the declared income was because I'm guessing that is fudged. It'll be fraud on your sisters end most likely as she probably signed off saying that is true (maybe she didn't), but if you can argue her IQ is low and she was coached to say that, that might be on the dealership because its not an uncommon way of scamming financing companies in to approving loans. She might have an amvic case then to nullify that deal.

Oh she's dumb and probably just got caught up in the moment with her useless boyfriend while he was spewing bs to her.

Is it normal to tack on 10k onto the asking price?

Can she purchase a vehicle from a dealership financing with out a licence? What about letting that vehicle leave the dealership without her insurance and registration???

These are the questions I need answers.

- - - Updated - - -

Zhao read up a few posts. I have everything laid out there.

revelations
10-08-2017, 09:51 AM
But can it be bought with out a licence, insurance and registration?

This is supposed to be a reputable dealership? Why wouldn't they question why it's being sold 10k over asking? I would hope that would be a red flag for some people. But maybe I'm wrong.

Yes, the onus is on the purchaser to have all the legal paperwork taken care of. You can certainly drive a car off a lot without a plate or anything if you like.

blairtruck
10-08-2017, 09:54 AM
was there anything else involved like the dealership paying off other bills or giving extra cash and making the price high? i used to hear ads on the radio like we will pay off your existing credit cards when you buy a vehicle from us.
i purchased my first vehicle at 18 from Ford with a down payment and no license only had a learners. ford gave me their plate for the weekend until Monday when i could get insurance and stuff straightened away.
that was in the Year 2000

B.Spilner
10-08-2017, 09:57 AM
Yes, the onus is on the purchaser to have all the legal paperwork taken care of. You can certainly drive a car off a lot without a plate or anything if you like.

I've only bought 3 new vehicles in my lifetime, all 3 they took a photo copy of my insurance and registration before it was allowed to leave....

- - - Updated - - -

was there anything else involved like the dealership paying off other bills or giving extra cash and making the price high? i used to hear ads on the radio like we will pay off your existing credit cards when you buy a vehicle from us.
i purchased my first vehicle at 18 from Ford with a down payment and no license only had a learners. ford gave me their plate for the weekend until Monday when i could get insurance and stuff straightened away.

Nothing that shows on the paperwork.

Twin_Cam_Turbo
10-08-2017, 10:06 AM
The whole thing smells fishy, there’s info missing somewhere.

Anyway I bought a truck earlier this year that ended up being stolen. Guy broke into someone’s house who was away on vacation, stole the vehicle and sold it to himself, later selling it to me. I did a carproof, carfax, CPIC search and because it hadn’t been reported yet nothing showed up. The owner showed up a week later from vacation and reported it stolen, it had already been registered under us. It took TWO MONTHS for the RCMP to contact us regarding it being stolen...

revelations
10-08-2017, 10:08 AM
The whole thing smells fishy, there’s info missing somewhere.

Anyway I bought a truck earlier this year that ended up being stolen. Guy broke into someone’s house who was away on vacation, stole the vehicle and sold it to himself, later selling it to me. I did a carproof, carfax, CPIC search and because it hadn’t been reported yet nothing showed up. The owner showed up a week later from vacation and reported it stolen, it had already been registered under us. It took TWO MONTHS for the RCMP to contact us regarding it being stolen...

Thats actually more of an issue with the AB reg system. Its a joke. Why the PC government did nothing about this for 20 years is staggering.

revelations
10-08-2017, 10:16 AM
I've only bought 3 new vehicles in my lifetime, all 3 they took a photo copy of my insurance and registration before it was allowed to leave....

Thats what dealerships should do to protect themselves in case the purchaser gets in a wreck right away. Due diligence yes, but there is no LAW AFAIK that requires the DEALER to ensure the vehicle is legal to use on the road - esp not here in libertarian AB (compared to BC) where you have to do your OWN due diligence as a buyer.

Obviously the dealer wanted to close this (insanely good) deal as fast as possible and get the car out the door in case of any, actual sober second thoughts from the buyer.

Shady? Yes. Illegal? No.

NRGie
10-08-2017, 11:34 AM
Thats what dealerships should do to protect themselves in case the purchaser gets in a wreck right away. Due diligence yes, but there is no LAW AFAIK that requires the DEALER to ensure the vehicle is legal to use on the road - esp not here in libertarian AB (compared to BC) where you have to do your OWN due diligence as a buyer.

Obviously the dealer wanted to close this (insanely good) deal as fast as possible and get the car out the door in case of any, actual sober second thoughts from the buyer.

Shady? Yes. Illegal? No.

Nothing through the government but from my experience the bank that approved the financing wants to see proof of insurance as well as the other signed bank docs before they release funds to the dealership. Not all banks do this though.

OP should contact the bank that approved the loan and let them know that the dealership released it without insurance and proper docs. Also it might be worth contacting AMVIC, 95% of the time they're useless but every know and then I've seen them come through and completely fuck a dealership up just to show that they occasionally do do things.

roopi
10-08-2017, 11:46 AM
has she been texting with her old boyfriend?

:rofl:

Seth1968
10-08-2017, 11:54 AM
The fact that this was financed isn't surprising. Even "reputable" dealerships have departments or in-house secondary lenders that make a killing of people with terrible credit. This is a massive part of the used vehicle industry.

Had a chat with the manager of one of the larger used car dealerships here in cowtown and he admits that he's not in the business of automobiles, he's in the business of lending to people with bad credit. He'd sell vacuums if he could get enough poor and stupid people to finance them. He hates and actively discourages anyone who wants to pay cash.

I often hear those ads. "If you can sign your name, then you're approved".

So why would reputable (lol) lenders deny such a person if it's a seemingly cash cow?

zhao
10-08-2017, 12:12 PM
Zhao read up a few posts. I have everything laid out there.

we posted at exactly the same time lol.

So reading that you can go a number of ways.

See what the dealership says on this first as the owner of the dealership may actually be equally pissed. People with their finger in the 'scam' are likely the salesman, salesmanager (a salesmanager or assistant sales manager had to sign off on that), and finance manager (had to process the paperwork). So you want to go to the GM, or higher. When I worked at audi the owner freaked out at one salesman and told him to call the customer and nullify the deal because the salesman had the customer commit to buying a 3 year old used vehicle over what it cost new MSRP. If you can get the car back they may take it back because this is hella bad publicity for them if it gets out that they added 10g on to a vehicle they were advertising for 30g. Charging for a full tank of gas which is almost always free would be icing on the cake with people too.

Some sorta troubleshooter would probably have a pretty good story there. Screen shot the website advertising the vehicle (internet usually archives everything however so you can always backdate webpages). Your story here is the dealership marked it up 10g over asking price because she is a young girl, which makes them look real bad and plays in to stereotypes that girls get screwed = good news. dont make the story about the bf. or the salesman. make it about the dealership. they have the money and power to make things undone, the other 2 dont.

amvic. potential fraud going on here. Obviously talk to the dealership first as they may want to make this go away without having to deal with that. See, they advertised a vehicle for 29xxx and tehn sold it for 38000. that is advertising fraud according to the fair trade act from what i remember of running a dealership. You have to disclose the actual and correct cost of the vehicle. the financing angle is very interesting as well what could be going on there. part time minimum wage shouldn't be able to get financing on that. i bet something is fishy there. also they charged for registration when the car wasn't registered... lol

JRSC00LUDE
10-08-2017, 01:17 PM
Pics of sis. Preferably in bikini to properly confirm hotness-intelligence index.

Also, pic of Banerjee signature for verification.

B.Spilner
10-08-2017, 01:41 PM
Update:

She's call3d the cops and reported the vehicle stolen.

Also she was not there when the car was picked up, these guys brought their own insurance to the dealership and took possession?? Wtf!!

- - - Updated - - -

Edit the vehicle I posted is not the one. Found the vin and they do not match. Regardless it's exactly the same vehicle options and kilometer wise. So why was here 10k more?

I'm still waiting to hear back to the dealership. They've transffered me 3 times, I'm starting to get pissy now.

speedog
10-08-2017, 01:47 PM
Update:

She's call3d the cops and reported the vehicle stolen.

Also she was not there when the car was picked up, these guys brought their own insurance to the dealership and took possession?? Wtf!!

- - - Updated - - -

Edit the vehicle I posted is not the one. Found the vin and they do not match. Regardless it's exactly the same vehicle options and kilometer wise. So why was here 10k more?

I'm still waiting to hear back to the dealership. They've transffered me 3 times, I'm starting to get pissy now.

I would've thought you would've been quite pissy to start with.

B.Spilner
10-08-2017, 01:53 PM
I would've thought you would've been quite pissy to start with.

I was fine because I only knew half of the story. I was really giving the dealership the benefit of doubt, but the story just keeps getting worse.

D'z Nutz
10-08-2017, 01:58 PM
Are the boyfriend, his friend who "bought" the vehicle, and the salesperson in on the scam together?

RickDaTuner
10-08-2017, 02:09 PM
This is waaay too over the top to believe.

Is the dealership in the repo business? because at that price, and those payments it wont be long before the car is repo'd, she's left with the loan, and the car is resold again for profit...

B.Spilner
10-08-2017, 02:12 PM
Are the boyfriend, his friend who "bought" the vehicle, and the salesperson in on the scam together?

This is my guess. They all do know each other....

Called back the dealership told the reception the cops were involved, she had someone on the line a few seconds later, and now Me and her now have a meeting tommorow with sales manager and the gm.

He seemed lost in my story, which I'm still lost lol. But now they're looking over all the paper work.

This is gonna get Good, I'm wearing my dancing shoes tommorow!!

TomcoPDR
10-08-2017, 03:22 PM
You're a good brother. Keep us updated, good luck with everything.

max_boost
10-08-2017, 04:55 PM
In for the lolz :) now my thread can be forgotten ahah

Ye bro! It's all relative and she blew you outta the water on this one haha

B.Spilner
10-08-2017, 05:13 PM
Update.

The original sales manager that looks after the area called back. Hes lost for words. He had the finance manager (I'm guessing this is who released the vehicle) call her boyfriend and tell him to return the vehicle. So yea I think someone did someone a favor and its all blowing up.

10am ish appointment tommorow.

He couldn't answer how or why the 10k above similar vehicles.

Tej.S
10-08-2017, 05:17 PM
Good on you for sticking through it OP. Looking forward to hearing about the final result, GL!

Shlade
10-08-2017, 06:25 PM
In for this

B.Spilner
10-08-2017, 07:13 PM
Update:

Cops showed up at her place, she was scared but finally wrote a statement on the frauded bill of sale.

They are out looking for the vehicle, whoever is in it will be charged with theft.

flipstah
10-08-2017, 07:50 PM
This sounds so interesting. SO MUCH FRAUD

Kavy
10-08-2017, 07:51 PM
I wonder what the chances are this assclown or one of his friends is on this site.

B.Spilner
10-09-2017, 11:48 AM
Update:

Vehicle was returned last night at 10pm at my sister's house, completely trashed...

Went to the dealership at 10 for the meeting, they're taking back the vehicle 100%. The sales manager we dealt with went above and beyond to make sure this was sorted out.

Unfortunately lots of my questions are still unanswered since this is just a cluster fuck of a situation.

This really did end up becoming a case of 1 bad egg out of a dozen.

And I wanted to point out that I would highly recommended this dealership to any of my family or friends. The customer service and how this was handled was top notch.

taemo
10-09-2017, 11:57 AM
damn, you're sister is lucky that you were there to sort everything out and you guys didnt have to cover for anything.

definitely lots of questions still unanswered, will they keep updating you or keep it all within themselves?

props for the dealership on owning up and taking care of everything.

who trashed the vehicle and how did you guys get it back? any pictures?

Update:

Vehicle was returned last night at 10pm at my sister's house, completely trashed...

Went to the dealership at 10 for the meeting, they're taking back the vehicle 100%. The sales manager we dealt with went above and beyond to make sure this was sorted out.

Unfortunately lots of my questions are still unanswered since this is just a cluster fuck of a situation.

And I wanted to point out that I would highly recommended this dealership to any of my family or friends. The customer service and how this was handled was top notch.

B.Spilner
10-09-2017, 12:14 PM
damn, you're sister is lucky that you were there to sort everything out and you guys didnt have to cover for anything.

definitely lots of questions still unanswered, will they keep updating you or keep it all within themselves?

props for the dealership on owning up and taking care of everything.

who trashed the vehicle and how did you guys get it back? any pictures?

I think the person I'm dealing with will fill me in on some of the shady stuff hopefully.

Her ex boyfriend returned it after he found out the cops were called. Vehicle was what.... 7 days old? Looked like they had it for a year. Smelled like dope and ciggrrettes, ashes and butts everywhere, some weird stains on the carpet. I told the guy I was dealing with that the shady salesman should have to clean the entire thing with his toothbrush.

The only charges pending so far are for the person that wrote the fraudulent bill of sale.

The_Penguin
10-09-2017, 12:41 PM
Wow.
I think I would not be satisfied without a lot more answers, and some more charges laid.

D'z Nutz
10-09-2017, 12:52 PM
Wow, what a shitty situation, but that could have turned out a lot worse if the dealership hadn't stepped up to the plate. I totally expected your sister to be given the ol' "you bought it, you should have done your homework, so it's your problem now" treatment and be stuck with 7 years of financial misery. Your sister should consider herself fortunate with nothing more than a lesson learned from this experience.

How long was your sister with this loser?

rx7boi
10-09-2017, 01:47 PM
Wait, so boyfriend is now ex-boyfriend or what?

How's your sister holding up or she's just skipping along happily since you're cleaning up her mess? Lol.

spikerS
10-09-2017, 01:48 PM
Pics of the sister to determine how much consoling is needed.

B.Spilner
10-09-2017, 01:55 PM
Wait, so boyfriend is now ex-boyfriend or what?

How's your sister holding up or she's just skipping along happily since you're cleaning up her mess? Lol.

I want to say ex for sure, but honestly she's a fuck up and probably will still continue to make bad decisions. We talked a lot this last couple days and she def has a life plan so hopefully this is the turning point.

Id say she's more skipping along, she has been sort of reading this thread because i wanted her too see how serious this is and how lucky she is.

Only time will tell....

- - - Updated - - -

Drive here to Edmonton and I'll hand her over.

FraserB
10-09-2017, 02:16 PM
Wow.
I think I would not be satisfied without a lot more answers, and some more charges laid.

Up to the dealership if they want to pursue charges, OP or his sister would have no standing to pursue them since they have been made whole by the dealer.

JRSC00LUDE
10-09-2017, 02:23 PM
If they're taking the car back there is more going on. If it's purely because they understand how bad the optics could get in media then I'm impressed.

Your sister is lucky as fuck, she'd better understand that. Time to stop slumming with shady fucks unless she wants to be one too. You'll be a fool to bail her out next time, let her sink with the bottom feeders of life if she doesn't want to swim after this.

TomcoPDR
10-09-2017, 02:23 PM
I want to say ex for sure, but honestly she's a fuck up and probably will still continue to make bad decisions. We talked a lot this last couple days and she def has a life plan so hopefully this is the turning point.

Id say she's more skipping along, she has been sort of reading this thread because i wanted her too see how serious this is and how lucky she is.

Only time will tell....

- - - Updated - - -

:love: Beyond loves girls who make bad decisions

flipstah
10-09-2017, 02:32 PM
Update:

Holy fuck, she got lucky. There has to be more to it than this. Keep us posted, OP.

ExtraSlow
10-09-2017, 02:49 PM
:love: Beyond loves girls who make bad decisions

Those are the only ones we can get.

TomcoPDR
10-09-2017, 02:54 PM
Those are the only ones we can get.

Make Beyond part of her bad decisions

The Cosworth
10-09-2017, 03:02 PM
OP do you have a copy of the Hyundai bill of sale from the dealer? Find out where the extra $18k came from after taxes and loan interest.

Not illegal to sell a car for $18k more than it is worth. If the OP's sister fell for this, it is possible they didn't just tell her it was $34,000 or something if she didn't see the online ad.

Tik-Tok
10-09-2017, 03:03 PM
Seriously amazed at this story. Very glad it turned out for you (her, really), and got very lucky.

Any idea what's happening to the sales person? Pretty sketchy shit if they're keeping him.

B.Spilner
10-09-2017, 03:17 PM
Seriously amazed at this story. Very glad it turned out for you (her, really), and got very lucky.

Any idea what's happening to the sales person? Pretty sketchy shit if they're keeping him.

Tommorow I'll find out a bit more about the 10k gouge, and what's going to happen to the employee.

tonytiger55
10-09-2017, 03:20 PM
Glad it turned out ok.

Will be interesting to see about the 10K and if the Police take this further.

zhao
10-09-2017, 04:13 PM
Not illegal to sell a car for $18k more than it is worth. If the OP's sister fell for this, it is possible they didn't just tell her it was $34,000 or something if she didn't see the online ad.

actually it is, because they advertised it for XXX and sold it for XXX + 10g + a lot of other crap tacked on. The other crap tacked on is legal, but the XXX +10g price for the car was illegal.

Fair trading act violation. How it would have ended up best case scenario is a slap on the wrist aka told by amvic they should buy it back 'or else'. 'or else' being going to court where they'd be told to likely buy it back... after 6-9 months. upping the price was a pretty common practice when I worked at a dealership, but it was always 2-3g (10g screams scam, or the dumbest salesman ever). The rule was if the salesman was doing the negotiating you knew without a doubt he upped the price, because otherwise he'd have to go back and forth with the salesmanager for approval, because anything under full list price required manager sign off.

max_boost
10-09-2017, 06:03 PM

Only time will tell....

- - - Updated - - -

Damn was just in Edmonton last week haha

Mista Bob
10-09-2017, 07:32 PM
How does Sean Banerjee's good name fit into all of this, does he work at the dealership?

B.Spilner
10-09-2017, 07:35 PM
How does Sean Banerjee's good name fit into all of this, does he work at the dealership?

I'm not sure. Haven't done any digging, I'll take a second look at the paperwork when I get some time.

Could someone link the banerjee thread?

JRSC00LUDE
10-09-2017, 08:05 PM
If you do choose to link it, govern yourself accordingly.

Ben
10-10-2017, 12:19 AM
If you do choose to link it, govern yourself accordingly.

lol Beauty. This whole thread is messed the hell up.

Probably needs a yohanism style reflection after its all said and done.

The_Penguin
10-10-2017, 06:35 AM
Up to the dealership if they want to pursue charges, OP or his sister would have no standing to pursue them since they have been made whole by the dealer.

Good point, and good on the dealership to make it right, but as JRS said, either there's more going on, or they knew a social media/ mainstream media shitstorm was brewing.

speedog
10-10-2017, 06:50 AM

Will you be bringing Baygirl with? :)

spikerS
10-10-2017, 08:38 AM
Will you be bringing Baygirl with? :)

wouldn't be a party without her.

Kloubek
10-10-2017, 10:55 AM
Just saw this for the first time.

I have nothing to contribute except to chime in with echos of everyone else: This is simply unreal.

Rocket1k78
10-10-2017, 02:27 PM
Just saw this for the first time.

I have nothing to contribute except to chime in with echos of everyone else: This is simply unreal.

I havent had the misfortune to meet someone this naive/dumb before so im having a hard time believing this too lol The dealer taking the car back that easy is also beyond unreal

botox
10-11-2017, 08:12 AM
I havent had the misfortune to meet someone this naive/dumb before so im having a hard time believing this too lol The dealer taking the car back that easy is also beyond unreal
Interesting thread for sure, I'm glad it worked out and the sister better have learned her lesson because she just dodged a bullet thanks to her brother. The dealer was smart and acted quick because social media can kill a business. Even if they lost a bit in this deal, they stepped up and did the right thing and this will pay off in the long run. Hopefully the guilty parties involved get what they deserve.

djmr2
10-11-2017, 08:56 AM
So did you find out how they tacked on the 10k and the employee?

JRSC00LUDE
10-11-2017, 08:56 AM
I still want to find out if there are two Sean Banerjee's with a GOOD name.

sexualbanana
10-11-2017, 09:14 AM

If the boyfriend, sales person and (possibly) the finance manager were involved, it could also be conspiracy to commit fraud. I think the key facts are that:
1) Sikid's sister didn't even pick the car up in person, ignoring all the usual safeguards to ensure that the right person actually gets the car;
2) There was no verification of documents to ensure that the car could be safely and legally put on the streets;
3) The almost instantaneous "sale" of the car to the boyfriend using a forged bill of sale.

1 and 2 by themselves could simply be negligence. The combination of any or all 3 suggests it was planned and that someone in the dealership was complicit.

revelations
10-11-2017, 09:42 AM
From a legal perspective, sounds like the dealer saw the liability issue and immediately made right before this became a national news story - not to mention the launching of an investigation. I have a feeling that someones head is going to roll over this (financing or sales).

HiTempguy1
10-11-2017, 10:20 AM

Oh, they are out there. I knew a girl once you was about this naive.

They didn't scam her though, just straight up stupid. Bought a brand new Versa back in I don't know, 2011 or 2012? Then traded it in for a new one 2 years later, paying above MSRP for both, no down payment, fully financed. Probably had $40k in debt for a piece of junk Versa after rolling the previous debt over into the new one.

A scam? Well, the scam is she never should have been approved considering she earned at most $20/h working as a bank teller.

jwslam
10-11-2017, 10:27 AM
Oh, they are out there. I knew a girl once you was about this naive.

They didn't scam her though, just straight up stupid. Bought a brand new Versa back in I don't know, 2011 or 2012? Then traded it in for a new one 2 years later, paying above MSRP for both, no down payment, fully financed. Probably had $40k in debt for a piece of junk Versa after rolling the previous debt over into the new one.

A scam? Well, the scam is she never should have been approved considering she earned at most $20/h working as a bank teller.
Uhh... They let her handle other people's money??

Kloubek
10-11-2017, 11:24 AM
From a legal perspective, sounds like the dealer saw the liability issue and immediately made right before this became a national news story - not to mention the launching of an investigation. I have a feeling that someones head is going to roll over this (financing or sales).

I agree with all of this. Imagine if this became public knowledge? We're all car guys here and have seen lots of messed up stuff so you know when we all collectively are dumbfounded by the story you can just imagine how the public would consume it.

Astute move by the dealership, really.

Rocket1k78
10-11-2017, 11:31 AM
I still want to find out if there are two Sean Banerjee's with a GOOD name.

I totally forgot about this guys name being mentioned too because there was so much shit going on with this story. Im sure this is a true story but theres just too much craziness to not doubt a bit.

100% the sales and finance guys were involved on this. Did they mention which dealer?

B.Spilner
10-11-2017, 11:41 AM
I agree with all of this. Imagine if this became public knowledge? We're all car guys here and have seen lots of messed up stuff so you know when we all collectively are dumbfounded by the story you can just imagine how the public would consume it.

Astute move by the dealership, really.

Exactly why i came here first, asking questions and documenting everything I could.

Still no word on the 10k disappearance. But there was a $1000 cheque cashed in her name, a bit more fraud to add to this lol.

The dealership is watching this thread, I'm guessing I won't be able to find out much more. Regardless they did a bang up job of resolving this quickly! I also won't be releasing any names of the parties involved.

As for the bannerjee, if rage wants to pm me I'll gladly forward the papers to him to take a looksy.

revelations
10-11-2017, 11:46 AM
For every 1 dealer ripoff story, I'm sure there are equal number of cases like this (that don't make the media) where the dealer has had to eat the failures of their staff to perform due diligence with bad customers, or, in this case, apparent misfeasance. Glad to hear it was resolved!

got_mike33
10-11-2017, 02:37 PM
As this is (likely) a case of fraud by employees of the dealership, would the dealership have recourse to sue or insurance to cover damages caused by fraudulent actions?

dj_rice
10-11-2017, 03:12 PM
I totally forgot about this guys name being mentioned too because there was so much shit going on with this story. Im sure this is a true story but theres just too much craziness to not doubt a bit.

100% the sales and finance guys were involved on this. Did they mention which dealer?

I believe it was mentioned River City Hyundai in Edmonton

rage2
10-11-2017, 03:21 PM
I can confirm Sean Banerjee signed off on some of the docs. Talk about fucked up. The guy doing it must be a beyonder at some point. Either that or Sean Banerjee actually moved to Edmonton.