PDA

View Full Version : Furnace & Duct cleaning / service

Masked Bandit
10-10-2017, 04:02 PM
Do we have any beyonders in the business of furnace maintenance and duct cleaning? I would prefer a referral before calling some random outfit from google.

BokCh0y
10-10-2017, 11:50 PM
I used fresh air furnace services here before. Dude is a beyond member, but I can’t remember his handle. Just remember his first name is Anton. There were a bunch of reviews here a while back.

They didn’t really good job, I was very impressed.

ExtraSlow
10-11-2017, 05:19 AM
What's the deal with furnace "maintenance" anyway? I know my mom has someone come every single year but she can't explain exactly what the guy does or how it's supposed to help.
I've been a home owner for a long time and never bothered. Am I missing something?

Masked Bandit
10-11-2017, 01:06 PM
What's the deal with furnace "maintenance" anyway? I know my mom has someone come every single year but she can't explain exactly what the guy does or how it's supposed to help.
I've been a home owner for a long time and never bothered. Am I missing something?

I'm guessing the biggest thing is cleaning of the burners. I've also got some other small repairs that need doing so I'll get that taken care of all at once.

BokCh0y
10-11-2017, 01:10 PM
Blow out the furnace and dust in the ducts and furnace. I do it every 2-3 years.

colsankey
10-11-2017, 02:07 PM
Used castle maintenance the past few year. Believe it was $129 to clean and inspect the hot water tank, furnace and 10 vents. Each additional cant was $9 or 10?.. i cant remember.

Masked Bandit
They open up the furnace, clean it out, check the relays, board, motor and make sure everything looks good. Same thing with the hot water tank.. sucked a bunch of crap out of the bottom if I remember correctly.

Big benefitl is the vents, tons of dust and crap in there they suck out with the truck based vacuum and compressed air to minimize whats pushed through your house.

Guys were pleasant, quick and on time if that gives you a decent baseline.

RealJimmyJames
10-11-2017, 03:32 PM
Getting the sediment out if the water tank sounds good. Hadn't realized this was a service that exists

redevil
10-15-2018, 03:19 PM
Bump, anyone have updates to who they recommend? Or who to stay away from for duct/furnace cleaning?

A790
10-15-2018, 04:28 PM
Bump, anyone have updates to who they recommend? Or who to stay away from for duct/furnace cleaning?

https://www.actionfurnace.ca/furnace-duct-cleaning/

Disclaimer: client of mine.

Super_Geo
10-15-2018, 06:01 PM
Highly recommend Advanpro:
https://www.google.ca/search?q=advanpro

They are fast, well priced and the workers were courteous, they’re the highest rated on Google in Calgary.

vengie
10-15-2018, 07:04 PM
Subscribed for future reference.

wildrice
10-15-2018, 08:42 PM
used just in time furnance a month ago and no complaints here.. actually realized they have a groupon right now too.