PDA

View Full Version : What is your go-to fast food breakfast?

jwslam
10-13-2017, 08:14 AM
See poll. Write details as you please

I enjoy the McD more-ning wrap with sausage... and then guilt afterwards about having more calories for breakfast than last night's dinner. Same guilt after a sausage mcgriddle.

I also really like the 2 places in Gulf Canada Square; TJ's and... the other Korean-ran place.

ExtraSlow
10-13-2017, 08:30 AM
McDs breakfast burritos.
If I am in tims the sausage on English muffin is the choice

dj_rice
10-13-2017, 08:44 AM
I like the bacon and egg mcgriddle from McDonalds. But I like the sausage patty from A & W. And hasbrown from A & W. Imma make me a hybrid breakfast sandwich.

But the best breakfast sandwich I ever had was from Triple O's inside the Royal Alex hospital in Edmonton surpringly. The Breakfast Club. So good and need a nap after. Even their lunch burgers are damn good. That crispy bacon and beef

Seth1968
10-13-2017, 08:46 AM
Mc's breakfast anything is pretty damn tasty.

Tim's and Subway is cardboard.

lasimmon
10-13-2017, 08:49 AM
I usually make my own but that doesn't really answer the question. So I picked A&W. Easily the best.

asp integra
10-13-2017, 09:19 AM
The large majority of my breakfasts are made at home, but if I ever eat a fast food breakfast its always at Timmys

sabad66
10-13-2017, 09:26 AM
A&w English muffin bacon n egger if I’m in a rush

Or If I have time to sit down I’ll get the plated breakfast.

D'z Nutz
10-13-2017, 09:29 AM
McDonald's hotcakes for me. If I could make mine that taste like that, I'd never have to go to McDonald's again. I can't eat those hashbrowns from anywhere. They're so greasy :barf:

If there was a Burger King near me, I'd be getting their french toast a lot as well.

But overall, almost all my breakfasts are made at home too.

Sentry
10-13-2017, 09:32 AM
Tims coffee and a cookie. Or right now they have those mini strudels 3 for 50c. End up spending 2.50 on breakfast instead of like 8 bucks, I just need a little something to get me going til lunch.

Tik-Tok
10-13-2017, 09:33 AM
"Bacon egg mcmuffin, and medium regular coffee, no hashbrown. No, I said no hasbrown. NO HASHBROWN."

My daily morning conversation.

dirtsniffer
10-13-2017, 10:05 AM
Tim Horton's is gross 100%. I don't understand how people can eat anything there.

McDonalds or A&W are the best.

eglove
10-13-2017, 10:06 AM
Anything mcdonalds :drool:

89coupe
10-13-2017, 10:18 AM
Scrambled eggs with a little cheese melted on it.

Fast and easy.

Tik-Tok
10-13-2017, 10:20 AM
Scrambled eggs with a little cheese melted on it.

Fast and easy.

You always have to be "that guy", don't you?

nzwasp
10-13-2017, 10:23 AM
Either a Sausage biscuit from timmys or a sausage/egg mcmuffin however ive been making a concerted effort to have porridge at home for the last two weeks as a way to cut down on daily food spending at work. I would like to see what the daily breakfast coffee poll would look like or does everyone settle for Van Houte coffee at work :barf:

Strider
10-13-2017, 10:40 AM

There's already a few other people who said they make breakfast at home.

For me, if I don't have my usual scrambled eggs with toast at home, then it's a clif bar at my desk. On the rare occasion where I miss breakfast at home and need something more substantial, it'll be A&W since there's no McD near the office.

Either a Sausage biscuit from timmys or a sausage/egg mcmuffin however ive been making a concerted effort to have porridge at home for the last two weeks as a way to cut down on daily food spending at work. I would like to see what the daily breakfast coffee poll would look like or does everyone settle for Van Houte coffee at work :barf:

Flat white at home with my breakfast and a V60 pourover in my thermos for the morning at work. If it's one of those days, I also have an aeropress stashed in my desk for an afternoon coffee. I'll never settle for Keurig Van Houtte and got sick of $10 at Analog/Monogram every day.

Tik-Tok
10-13-2017, 10:47 AM
There's already a few other people who said they make breakfast at home.

But then they also answer the question asked, which is not "What quick food do you make at home".

Seth1968
10-13-2017, 10:59 AM
Tim Horton's is gross 100%. I don't understand how people can eat anything there.

McDonalds or A&W are the best.

I don't understand how a company (Tims) can be so successful by selling crap. Oh wait, I do, but that would mean insulting just about every Canadian.

A&W's breakfast is right at the top. Quality food at a reasonable price.

Side note:

Mc nuggets are 6 for $6. A dollar each? Are you fucking kidding me?

BQ- 10 chicken whatever for $2

bh87
10-13-2017, 11:05 AM
McDonalds Sausage McMuffin (no egg) and hashbrowns.

RX_EVOLV
10-13-2017, 11:07 AM
95% of the time Mcdonald's. Sausage and Egg McMuffin with large coffee. Second choice would be A&W but I can't stand their coffee. This is also because I'm cheap and will only get fast-food breakfast if I have coupons, and they always have coupons for Mcdonald's and A&W. No coupon = No breakfast for that day.

I really dislike the Tim Horton's bfast sandwich for some reason.

Swank
10-13-2017, 11:11 AM
I can't eat eggs so I'm pretty much screwed out of 90% of menu options at all grease shacks. So many places are boasting about having all day breakfast options, why can't they have all morning lunch options :whipped:

D'z Nutz
10-13-2017, 11:14 AM

Total missed opportunity for a "$95 breakfast" comment :rofl:

403civic
10-13-2017, 12:17 PM
If I'm on cruise control - I generally go to McDonald's without thinking. (Sausage McMuffin and/or Hotcakes - but the More-ning wrap is so tasty but high calories)

if I feel baller, I'll get a Sausage Belt from Tim's

if I have extra time and coupons, I'll go to A&W and get the Classic Breakfast

KPHMPH
10-13-2017, 12:57 PM
Favorite - Bacon and egg on a hamburger bun from A&W
2nd Fav - Feta egg wrap, add sausage from McDicks

What I usually get most of the time
Steeped Tea and a Greek yogurt from Tims

schocker
10-13-2017, 01:14 PM
Fresh Choices ham egg and cheese on whole wheat when at work, mcd's bacon mcgriddle if at home.

max_boost
10-13-2017, 01:38 PM
Calgary Court on the daily.

flipstah
10-13-2017, 02:41 PM
What's wrong with quick oats, and cinnamon?

ExtraSlow
10-13-2017, 02:47 PM
Nothing wrong with homemade breakfast but that's not what this thread is about.

msommers
10-13-2017, 03:17 PM
If I have absolutely no time to eat or willpower to make anything at home, I'll stop at McDicks and get a breakfast sandwich. I feel guilty every single time for eating one which thankfully doesn't happen often - once a month at most.

civic_stylez
10-13-2017, 03:24 PM
A&W was always my go to. The classic breakfast is always nice and has 2 sizes depending on how fat im feeling. The egg and cheese muffins are cheap when im in a rush. 2 for a fiver is good for me. Where A&W loses is on the coffee... van houte is car dealer coffee. McD`s is my go to for coffee and the bacon and egger is great. McDonalds has the best hash browns too so its a toss up between A&Dogfood and Rons Bistro.

flipstah
10-13-2017, 05:53 PM
A dubz has a better menu and quality

taemo
10-13-2017, 07:51 PM
all canadian breakfast from A&W (sausage, bacon, eggs, toast and hashbrown)
imo a&w has the best hashbrown compared to mcdo or timmies

however i dont eat breakfast anymore, just black coffee and tea until lunch and feeling much better

Darkane
10-13-2017, 08:16 PM
When not trying to lose fat:

1/2 cup dry oats
splash of almond milk
1-2 scoops protein powder
handful of raisins
1/2 cup greek yogurt.

Put it in a bowl and let it sit overnight in the fridge. In the morning it's fucking delicious and no cooking time.

When dieting:

1cup greek yogurt 0%
1/4-1/2 cup dry oats
tbsp. of pumpkin seeds or peanutbutter
splash of almond milk

Cinnamon on both

But of course when eating out Eh and Dub.

jacky4566
10-13-2017, 09:10 PM
McDicks all the way. Eggs and coffee are better than any other place.
Timmies eggs are disgusting powdery nothing.

All hail the clown overlord.

The_Penguin
10-13-2017, 09:40 PM
A&W is my first choice. If I can dine-in it's bacon eggs toast and coffee, drive-thru is Bacon and Egger and coffee. On a nice fresh hamburger bun, oh yeah!

Unfortunately there isn't a convenient one on my way to work, so McDonalds Bacon & Egg McMuffin and a coffee.
I will NOT eat any of the breakfast crap that Timmy's sells.
Coffee, no problem, A bagel, ok now and then, nothing else.

jaeden
10-13-2017, 11:19 PM
McDicks first, A&W close second.

Tims food is absolute garbage.

HiTempguy1
10-14-2017, 06:03 PM
I don't understand why people say they feel guilty at eating at.mcdicks for breakfast.

A bacon egg mcmuffin is a fucking egg, a slice of processed cheese, two ridiculously thin strips of bacon which are basically flavouring, and an english muffin. Its not different than what I'd make at home = guilt free as far as I am concerned.

Now their muffins, while to die for, holy shit a carrot muffin is FOUR HUNDRED CALORIES by itself lol. I cut that shit out asap when I realized it.

tonytiger55
10-14-2017, 06:21 PM
McDonalds... Sausage and Egg McMuffin.
I remember when going to high school, we were so dam poor I'd be hungry till lunch time. My sister used to secretly take me sometimes for that breakfast.

killramos
10-14-2017, 06:26 PM
I actually like the Starbucks Bacon and Gouda. Mostly due to convenience as SBux is closet to work for me so thats what I get.

I like Bacon and Eggers a lot, either bun or muffin, but for the same price going to Mercatino for a BST with Cheese is heaven...

AndyL
10-14-2017, 08:54 PM
Fuckin ballers ;)

18 eggs is 5$
A dozen corn flour tortillas 4$x2
Pack of fake sliced cheese 5$
Small pack of 30% off breakfast sausages 3$

Cook n dice the sausage, crack all the eggs make scrambled - add cup of salsa, scoop to tortilla, add half a slice of cheese, daub of salsa, roll, freeze in pairs. 80 secs at 80% from frozen.

Gluten free breakfast burritos for the month - takes me about 20min on one weekend a month...

7$ mornings at mcdicks? Ugh.

ExtraSlow
10-15-2017, 11:08 AM
You guys got in my head and I was therefore craving breakfast burritos this morning. Didn't win anything at monopoly and the burritos were cold and my kid started crying because her hot cakes were too spicy. So in summary fuck you beyond.

Maxt
10-15-2017, 02:33 PM

The Tim's eggs are a main contributor to Alberta's methane emissions...

CompletelyNumb
10-15-2017, 03:18 PM
If I'm on the road, McDonalds burritos with extra salsa, and a large black coffee.

max_boost
10-15-2017, 04:22 PM
You guys got in my head and I was therefore craving breakfast burritos this morning. Didn't win anything at monopoly and the burritos were cold and my kid started crying because her hot cakes were too spicy. So in summary fuck you beyond.

Need to toughen your kid up, bro.

ExtraSlow
10-15-2017, 04:31 PM
Extremely accurate statement

phreezee
10-16-2017, 08:22 AM
Until the end of the year, the first hour of business at Booster Juice is 50% the entire menu.

Xtrema
10-16-2017, 08:53 AM
McD because of locations.

But I'll do A&W wherever I can over McD.

HiTempguy1
10-16-2017, 10:04 AM
Until the end of the year, the first hour of business at Booster Juice is 50% the entire menu.

What? Really?

Because I had my first booster juice in years, a strawberry storm, and A+ I'd eat the shit out of those every breakfast.

Holy shit, I just looked at the break down. I'm going to mimic those at home and start having them on a regular basis for breakfast. 300 calories, more protein than an egg mcmuffin, and they are delicious as fuck.

heavyD
10-16-2017, 12:00 PM
I don't eat fast food breakfasts very often but if I'm no the road or something I would choose McDonalds or A&W. I'm surprised at how many people seem addicted to the dumpster breakfast food Tim Hortons serves. I go every morning for my coffee and see the same people day in/day out eating the stuff. In a day and age where most fast food places cook everything fresh I'm kind of surprised there's still such an appetite for low quality, pre-cooked, reheated food in bins food like Tims breakfast food.

Swank
10-16-2017, 03:03 PM
Until the end of the year, the first hour of business at Booster Juice is 50% the entire menu. Well, more specifically this is what their twitter feed says:

"Visit participating locations in the 1st & last hr of business for 50% off select items."

So if a store participates you might only get 50% off a cup of water or something. Still, if you're there anyhow at the right time it doesn't hurt to ask.

riander5
10-16-2017, 03:37 PM
What? Really?

Because I had my first booster juice in years, a strawberry storm, and A+ I'd eat the shit out of those every breakfast.

Holy shit, I just looked at the break down. I'm going to mimic those at home and start having them on a regular basis for breakfast. 300 calories, more protein than an egg mcmuffin, and they are delicious as fuck.

Yea they are delicious.... they are jam packed with high concentration juice and fucking ice cream for christs sake. That being said ill still grab a few. You can make better ones at home with a good vanilla protein powder and skip the ice cream and fruit juice.

Disoblige
10-16-2017, 03:55 PM
How is a fucking pancake spicy?

ExtraSlow
10-16-2017, 04:21 PM
Because kids are idiots. That's how.