PDA

View Full Version : RIP Gord Downie

lilmira
10-18-2017, 08:14 AM
enough said or sad

ExtraSlow
10-18-2017, 09:23 AM
Even when you know it's coming it's still a punch in the gut. Will be listening to coke machine glow today.

klumsy_tumbler
10-18-2017, 10:54 AM
RIP :(

I'm so glad that I got a chance to see him live. Time to put on the Tragically Hip playlist for the day!

ricosuave
10-18-2017, 12:06 PM
http://www.cbc.ca/news2/interactives/tragicallyhip/

RIP Gord

NissanFanBoy
10-18-2017, 01:29 PM
RIP... Amazing man who had an amazing life on earth.

Gman.45
10-18-2017, 09:17 PM
I met him back in 2000. My xwife won a CJ92 contest to interview and hang out with the Tragically Hip for the day and be backstage/etc when they played in Calgary that year My father was a huge Leafs fan so we talked a lot about that, and a pile of other stuff for about 30 minutes, I think I spoke with the band more than my ex did, they were all very engaging and interested in what people there discussed with them, very cool. Later on, we were in the front row, but it was early and they weren't admitted general public yet, and off to the side when the opening band was doing sound checks, and I saw Gord Downie had walked out and was to the left of the stage watching and listening to the opening band, and he noticed I was standing there watching the unknown band, and he waved me over and asked if I could see if the lead guitar player had broken strings - she had, 2 were sticking out, and as I had a view he didn't, I could see it. When I told him, he darted to the back and came back with the sound guy and they fixed her up. Always remembered that, that he was generally interested and caring for his opening act that night (the 3rd band on the ticket), and was very kind to a bunch of nobodies.