PDA

View Full Version : 2017 Formula 1 United States Grand Prix

tonytiger55
10-20-2017, 09:13 AM
Will the ugly Goomba kneel for the anthem? I hope not. Will Count Von Messerschmidt have something devious up his sleeve?
Bring on the circuit of the Americas..!

Where is R154...? I thought there was a Beyond Sausage party at his place for this race? :poosie:

Murcia....!!!!!

phreezee
10-20-2017, 09:21 AM
Alonso extends his McLaren contract 1 year (rumoured longer).
Verstappen extends with RBR until 2020.

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/a/a5/Austin_circuit.svg/1200px-Austin_circuit.svg.png

chongkee_
10-20-2017, 02:12 PM
Alonso contract is rumoured to be 1 + 1.
Lewis said he won't take a knee but who knows.
I'm sure the FOM has told him to keep his nose out of it.
The Max signing is a bit surprising to me, contract must come with a bunch of performance clauses.

rage2
10-20-2017, 02:19 PM
Don't miss the driver's parade. It's either going to be epic, or cringeworthy. No inbetween.

https://www.formula1.com/en/latest/headlines/2017/10/legendary-announcer-michael-buffer-to-introduce-drivers-in-austi.html

schocker
10-20-2017, 02:39 PM
tsn.ca streaming is garbage trying to watch at my desk :rofl:

RickDaTuner
10-20-2017, 02:52 PM
tsn.ca streaming is garbage trying to watch at my desk :rofl:
I can't stand TSN either, especially when they do their PIP ads.

rage2
10-20-2017, 02:56 PM
Trust me, it's better than NBC which feels like they have 30% more commercials with no PIP. I like having both in that I can flip back and forth to minimize commercial time.

Can't wait till F1 streaming becomes a reality. With TSN on yearly contracts and US NBC contract expiring and moving to ESPN next year, I'll bet F1 has provisions to allow them to sell F1 streaming packages as soon as it's available. Basically cut off my CDN TV subscription for good.

chongkee_
10-20-2017, 03:08 PM
FOM is in talks with Netflix.
Might just be for a catalogue of past races and not streaming.

RickDaTuner
10-20-2017, 03:08 PM
Trust me, it's better than NBC which feels like they have 30% more commercials with no PIP. I like having both in that I can flip back and forth to minimize commercial time.

Can't wait till F1 streaming becomes a reality. With TSN on yearly contracts and US NBC contract expiring and moving to ESPN next year, I'll bet F1 has provisions to allow them to sell F1 streaming packages as soon as it's available. Basically cut off my CDN TV subscription for good.
Was about to ask if there was a subscription service like MotoGP has. Hopefully that makes its way to market. The ads kill me, especially when there is battles going on, or pit stop drama.

tonytiger55
10-20-2017, 03:12 PM

I wish they would do the same with the soccer where you can pick which camera you want to watch.

ganesh
10-20-2017, 03:54 PM
So Hamilton tops the Free practice. Vettel is in 3rd place. There is a lil hope that LH can wrap this up this weekend.
#hammertime

rage2
10-20-2017, 03:56 PM
There's a good chance he'll wrap it up. Vettel is going to be on the offense and do something stupid, or his Ferrari will break down again lol.

ganesh
10-20-2017, 03:57 PM
Where is the Like Button :)

I meant to quote rage2

RickDaTuner
10-20-2017, 04:37 PM
There's a good chance he'll wrap it up. Vettel is going to be on the offense and do something stupid, or his Ferrari will break down again lol.
Seems that way, he was complaining about a loose front end in today’s practice, they brought the car in and tore the front axle appart.

I wanna know what kind of pixie magic they’re trying to run that melted a spark plug but not the valves or cylinders

chongkee_
10-20-2017, 05:15 PM
Seems that way, he was complaining about a loose front end in today’s practice, they brought the car in and tore the front axle appart.

I wanna know what kind of pixie magic they’re trying to run that melted a spark plug but not the valves or cylinders

New tub is now being fitted to Vettel's car. Might've cracked it when he spun around or maybe the other way around.
I really doubt Lewis will wrap up the title this weekend as much as I want to. Even if he wins, i doubt Max will get in between Lewis and Vettel. Bottas has been nowhere and Ric could potentially get in between.
Wouldn't mind LEwis wrapping up the title though, at least I'll be able to watch the remaining races calmly.
But then again crazier things has happened, just look at the last 4 races.

EDIT: In regards with the spark plug I'm guessing it's just a manufacturing defect. Merc was notified about the spark plug as well, the difference is that they were able to replace theirs before the car reached the grid. Ferrari decided not to do it and take their chance as they wouldn't have had time to make the change.

The Cosworth
10-21-2017, 08:53 AM
Basically cut off my CDN TV subscription for good.

Yup, this is really the only reason I am paying for TV now.

RickDaTuner
10-21-2017, 04:38 PM
Well, the stage is set for Tomorrow. Hamilton continues to slowly eat away at Shumachers Legacy.

I always undervalue the effects of a tailwind at a race track, There's been a few times I've almost ate a concrete wall on my bike because of it. I could only imagine what that does to an F1 car.

I hope Vettel wins tomorrow, but the Merc Ace is looking on point as usual.

OTown
10-21-2017, 11:52 PM
Will the ugly Goomba kneel for the anthem? I hope not.

I swear to f***... if he does ill be pissed. A british multi-millionaire kneeling for a country and socioeconomic issues hes never witnessed or lived through.

phreezee
10-22-2017, 07:07 AM
Didn't even bother to watch qualifying on Saturday because I knew Lewis owns this track. Watched it this morning just to see how Hartley and Sainz would do. Too bad Nico never set a Q2 time for a true qualifying battle.

phreezee
10-22-2017, 12:42 PM
Michael Buffer should announce every race! :rofl:

edit: wrong Buffer :)

rage2
10-22-2017, 12:49 PM
Bruce Buffer should announce every race! :rofl:
Michael Buffer. And ya, was surprisingly good haha.

phreezee
10-22-2017, 12:50 PM
^Opps, oh ya haha

revelations
10-22-2017, 01:05 PM

phreezee
10-22-2017, 01:11 PM
Haven't seen Bottas fight like this in a while! Hopefully he returns to the podium after a bit of a drought.

rage2
10-22-2017, 02:38 PM
Holy Max! Man I love his diving.

Edit - boo on the penalty.

phreezee
10-22-2017, 02:40 PM
Wow, pretty obvious Driver of the Day for Max! Imagine he would have been second without that grid penalty.

rage2
10-22-2017, 02:49 PM
Bill Clinton almost wrecked that trophy there walking into the wall lol.

RickDaTuner
10-22-2017, 03:17 PM
Honestly Max just came in and rained on everyone’s parade. I’m left wondering if it would’ve been just a 1 stop strategy for Vettel, if he would have had a better chance to challenge Hamilton.

What a spectacle of a day! The US always knows how to put on a show.

tonytiger55
10-22-2017, 03:49 PM
Aww man.. I feel for Max. He should have had it, but I think Ferrari would have put up a big stink about it.

speedog
10-22-2017, 04:24 PM
What makes a pass illegal?

RickDaTuner
10-22-2017, 04:32 PM
There’s quite a few files for passing in F1, but in this case Max went off course(of the designated race surface) and took a shortcut to pass.

Skyline_Addict
10-22-2017, 05:42 PM
What makes a pass illegal?

4 wheels outside the track via the rules.

Nice pass though.

phreezee
10-23-2017, 10:59 AM
I agree with Lewis' post race comments, make those areas grass or gravel traps and take away any question of track limits.

blubs
10-23-2017, 05:47 PM
Horrible call from those race stewards. Rewatched some of the passes on the highlights... there was tons of guys cutting that corner without getting called.

Max can't seem to catch a break, engine issues, bad calls... all against him. Hell Red Bull should have argued that Kimi pushed him over, Max didnt have much of a choice but to end up where he did.

npham
10-23-2017, 07:25 PM
Horrible call from those race stewards. Rewatched some of the passes on the highlights... there was tons of guys cutting that corner without getting called.

Max can't seem to catch a break, engine issues, bad calls... all against him. Hell Red Bull should have argued that Kimi pushed him over, Max didnt have much of a choice but to end up where he did. Stewards are dumb, but Max gained an advantage(position), so they had to bail Kimi out. I don't like how Sainz did it earlier and got away either. They need to keep things consistent - Horner was pissed that they went back on their word, after Mexico's shit show from last year, they promised that they wouldn't do anything until they heard from both drivers and reviewed stuff. First chance they get, they go back on their word and have a super awkward podium room.

chongkee_
10-24-2017, 07:24 AM
Stewards are dumb, but Max gained an advantage(position), so they had to bail Kimi out. I don't like how Sainz did it earlier and got away either. They need to keep things consistent - Horner was pissed that they went back on their word, after Mexico's shit show from last year, they promised that they wouldn't do anything until they heard from both drivers and reviewed stuff. First chance they get, they go back on their word and have a super awkward podium room.

How did Sainz get away with it? He cut the corner but lost the position anyways.

phreezee
10-25-2017, 09:17 PM
Just had the time to watch the post race now. Sainz getting P7 and Renault leap frogging Haas in the standings really validated giving Palmer the boot. And after claiming he had his best race of the season on his return at the USGP, Kyvat got told he's done and is welcome to search for another drive. Marko really did a number on the guy, and I wish him future success.
Hopefully we get a driver decision from Williams soon.

OTown
10-25-2017, 10:56 PM
Da fuq was that driver into? I mean I get they are trying to make it 'murican but come on could that of been any cheesier?

ganesh
10-27-2017, 09:49 AM
where is tonytiger55 ? It is time for you to Bow down to Lewis :).
He will be clinching his 4th title this weekend......

tonytiger55
10-27-2017, 10:06 AM
Sorry I was on le crapper doing a Alonso. Its amazing since starting this vegetarian/vegan diet…everything just flows. Its almost poetic…like the calm flow down the bow river..

Fair play to Hamilton, Im not his biggest fan, but I’d rather have the Gomba win rather than Schumacher’s prodigy.
I really would have liked this go down to the wire. Really would liked to have seen the drivers fight under pressure.