PDA

View Full Version : Massive Fire in Langley, MILLIONS of dollars worth of collector cars destroyed!

GOnSHO
10-25-2017, 01:52 PM
Saw this early, gf lives out there said the fire was CRAZY!

Collector cars destroyed (https://globalnews.ca/news/3824014/massive-fire-in-langley-destroys-garage-with-40-antique-cars-inside)

A massive fire in Langley has destroyed a garage with about 40 antique cars inside.

Crews were called to the house and garage in the 7200-block of 216 Street around 3:30 a.m. Wednesday.

“It was fully alarmed, flames were through the roof when we arrived on scene and we weren’t able to put anybody inside, so we took a defensive posture with the fire,” said Langley deputy fire chief Bruce Ferguson.

The house is occupied but no one was home at the time.

It is estimated that some of the antique cars were worth more than a million dollars each, with the total collection worth about $3 million.

There is no word on the cause of the fire or if it is considered suspicious.

More information to come.

Buster
10-25-2017, 02:51 PM
jewish lightning?

GOnSHO
10-25-2017, 03:23 PM
HAahah maybe, im interested i knowing what is all there, from the aerial, looks like a old charger or two in the middle

Tik-Tok
10-25-2017, 04:16 PM
jewish lightning?

I doubt he would have had a problem selling most of these

https://shawglobalnews.files.wordpress.com/2017/10/img_5221.jpg?quality=70&strip=all&w=672&h=448&crop=1

schocker
10-25-2017, 04:23 PM
That sucks. Wouldn't one want to install some type of sprinkler/fire suppression system with a collection/garage like that?

Ca_Silvia13
10-25-2017, 04:44 PM
I doubt he would have had a problem selling most of these

https://shawglobalnews.files.wordpress.com/2017/10/img_5221.jpg?quality=70&strip=all&w=672&h=448&crop=1

Oh my, real Yenko?? fuuuuck

Waldi
10-26-2017, 07:56 AM
That sucks. Wouldn't one want to install some type of sprinkler/fire suppression system with a collection/garage like that?

ditto

bjstare
10-27-2017, 10:47 AM
+1 for fire suppression system.

Also, does anyone else find it a little depressing that the article had not one, but two quotes where the owner compares the cars to children? :rolleyes:

Seth1968
10-27-2017, 11:15 AM
The owner or a paid hand did it.

HiTempguy1
10-27-2017, 12:01 PM
+1 for fire suppression system.

Also, does anyone else find it a little depressing that the article had not one, but two quotes where the owner compares the cars to children? :rolleyes:

People on here compare animals to children. Its practically the same comparison, so why is this in particular depressing?

Brent.ff
10-27-2017, 12:03 PM
one lives and breaths, eats and shits...one is an inanimate object with no heart beat? My car doesn't welcome me home very often

HiTempguy1
10-27-2017, 12:07 PM
one lives and breaths, eats and shits...one is an inanimate object with no heart beat? My car doesn't welcome me home very often

(here we go again, those who give human feelings and characteristics to animals).

And so, what does that have to do with comparison to a child? Its an animal, not a human. The feelings you PROJECT onto them are not reciprocated in any meaningful way beyond their basic instincts. Dogs being man's best friend is good for them. It has nothing to do with love for you besides viewing you as their alpha of the pack.

Brent.ff
10-27-2017, 12:14 PM
and thats different from children...how? It's all evolutionary in favor of us wanting to be near them so we pass along our genes..

anywho

03ozwhip
10-27-2017, 12:44 PM
and thats different from children...how? It's all evolutionary in favor of us wanting to be near them so we pass along our genes..

anywho

are you saying you want to pass along your genes....to...an animal?

Brent.ff
10-27-2017, 12:51 PM
ha, no. Referring to children and our natural response to our own offspring...Dogs being mans best friend is good for them due to evolution.. same with love for our offspring..

Bit of a stretch comparing a car to children..even rare ones

HiTempguy1
10-27-2017, 01:59 PM
Bit of a stretch comparing a car to children..even rare ones

My point is simply that a TON of beyonders would say the same thing if it came to animals. I don't view his "affection" for his cars in any different manner than people's affection for their animals. Aka "whatever floats your boat, weird people"

zhao
10-27-2017, 07:20 PM
My point is simply that a TON of beyonders would say the same thing if it came to animals. I don't view his "affection" for his cars in any different manner than people's affection for their animals. Aka "whatever floats your boat, weird people"

Preach on. I also view people's putting animals on par or above people as odd.

Animals are not innocent like people claim. Animals would eat your face off if they were starving and you gave them the chance. And by their logic a car > animals because it actually is innocent.

RealJimmyJames
10-27-2017, 07:48 PM
I put cars way above children or animals. Probably put dogs and cats about on par with chickens on the usefulness and emotional connection scale. Kids only slightly lower.

dirtsniffer
10-27-2017, 08:35 PM
Rip car collection

legendboy
10-27-2017, 10:14 PM
Oh my, real Yenko?? fuuuuck

White hood black stripes?

What car is marked 634?

SKR
10-27-2017, 10:41 PM
What car is marked 634?

The one with Golden Commandos on the door. It's too late tonight to go searching for '60s Mopar weirdness to figure out what that means, but it must be something important.

https://shawglobalnews.files.wordpress.com/2017/10/img_5218.jpg?quality=70&strip=all&w=672&h=448&crop=1

Tik-Tok
10-27-2017, 10:49 PM
The one with Golden Commandos on the door. It's too late tonight to go searching for '60s Mopar weirdness to figure out what that means, but it must be something important.

http://www.hotrod.com/articles/ramchargers-vs-golden-commandos-back-story-revealed/

Type_S1
10-28-2017, 07:11 AM

This is one of the dumbest things I have read from you LOL. I’m not a crazy animal person either but to say animals cannot show affection go watch one of the hundreds of thousands of videos of animals being reunited with long lost humans - dogs, tigers, monkeys.

With 3MM in cars you sure think the guy could have better protected them. Very weird situation.

ianmcc
10-28-2017, 07:27 AM

What car is marked 634?

The Yenko Super Camaro is the red hood with white stripes and YSC on the hood.
The Golden Commando is most likely a repro from BJ
https://www.barrett-jackson.com/Events/Event/Details/1965-PLYMOUTH-SATELLITE-CUSTOM-2-DOOR-HARDTOP-157917

HiTempguy1
10-28-2017, 10:05 AM
This is one of the dumbest things I have read from you LOL. I’m not a crazy animal person either but to say animals cannot show affection go watch one of the hundreds of thousands of videos of animals being reunited with long lost humans - dogs, tigers, monkeys.

With 3MM in cars you sure think the guy could have better protected them. Very weird situation.

Apparently you are a crazy animal person, attaching human emotions to things that do not have them lol.

Tik-Tok
10-28-2017, 10:32 AM
Apparently you are a crazy animal person, attaching human emotions to things that do not have them lol.

You don't think dogs have emotions? :nut:

rx7boi
10-30-2017, 08:42 AM
It's not that. He just thinks he's better than everyone else :rofl:

spikerS
10-30-2017, 09:39 AM

Sorry to hijack the animal emotions thread... :hijack:

But as long as they are insured, they are protected. The cars can be replaced...as long as the insurance company can't pin arson on the owner, and he has complied with the terms in his documents, he can replace them. Installing a huge sprinkler system is a waste of money if not required by insurance, and has the potential the ruin or cause damage to the cars in a false alarm, or even in an event such as this.

JRSC00LUDE
10-30-2017, 12:40 PM
But as long as they are insured, they are protected. The cars can be replaced...a

Actually, I think if you read the article, the Owner states that some of the cars CANNOT be replaced. Sounds like there were some 1/1's in there in some fashion.

This is one of the dumbest things I have read from you LOL.

That is an impressive assertion given his collection of "intellectual" babble.

ExtraSlow
10-30-2017, 12:45 PM
This is why I drive beater cars. I'd hate to have to worry abut replacing some rare or unique auto. At least my junky summer tow rigs and the savage Honda fit can be had on the used market.

Yes, this is why . . . .

Ca_Silvia13
10-30-2017, 01:00 PM

What car is marked 634?

Orange with white strips, hood only.

Swank
10-30-2017, 03:49 PM
It is estimated that some of the antique cars were worth more than a million dollars each, with the total collection worth about $3 million.
What kind of marth was that?

SKR
10-30-2017, 06:49 PM
What kind of marth was that?

Yeah I noticed that as well. 2 cars worth a million each (I don't know what they were, nothing in the pictures were worth that much) and the other 38 were worth about $26k each I guess.