PDA

View Full Version : New York Truck Attack

rage2
10-31-2017, 03:03 PM
http://www.cnn.com/2017/10/31/us/new-york-shots-fired/index.html

6 dead so far, Home Depot truck, Allah Akbar, mowing down cyclists in a bike path.

TomcoPDR
10-31-2017, 03:06 PM
:thumbsdow

JRSC00LUDE
10-31-2017, 03:28 PM
.....part of living in a big city......false flag.......racist......religion of peace.....white Christians tho........redneck.....Islamophobe.......climate change.....Israel......but Vegas......remember the Alamo......

That about cover this thread?

Sentry
10-31-2017, 03:30 PM
.....part of living in a big city......false flag.......racist......religion of peace.....white Christians tho........redneck.....Islamophobe.......climate change.....Israel......but Vegas......remember the Alamo......

You forgot Lizard People

rx7boi
10-31-2017, 03:32 PM
Not that he deserves it, but I'm glad they didn't kill him.

Hopefully they can press some info out of this low-level schmuck.

HiTempguy1
10-31-2017, 03:49 PM
You forgot Lizard People

No mention of Trump or Clinton either.

max_boost
10-31-2017, 03:50 PM
Extreme dislike. BS. RIP to those. :( :cry:

01RedDX
10-31-2017, 04:04 PM

roopi
10-31-2017, 04:31 PM
Is there a difference between Allah Akbar and Allahu Akbar as written in the article?

BavarianBeast
10-31-2017, 05:03 PM
These people need less allah ackbar and more Aloha snackbarr

Maxt
10-31-2017, 05:16 PM

Lone wolf,angry, disillusioned , disenfranchised

Buster
10-31-2017, 05:22 PM
http://www.dailywire.com/news/23003/why-dont-media-treat-islamist-terror-attacks-white-ben-shapiro

On Tuesday, an apparent Islamist terrorist rammed a truck into dozens of Americans on a bike path in New York City, killing eight and injuring over ten. He popped out of the truck shouting “Allahu Akhbar” before being captured by police.

Imagine that a white supremacist had driven a truck onto a bike path filled with minority innocents, killing eight of them. Imagine that the white supremacist had emerged from his truck carrying aloft a Confederate flag.

Imagine that the media had leapt to the defense of those flying the Confederate flag, explaining that only a tiny minority of those who did so had engaged in any sort of racist violence. Imagine that all of America’s major political leaders said the same, and told those who connected the terrorism with the Confederate flag that their viewpoints represented bigotry. Imagine, too, that CNN ran a chyron reading “WITNESSES: SUSPECT WAS CARRYING SOUTHERN VERSION OF AMERICAN FLAG,” and then hosted panels assuring audiences that the Confederate flag was simply a symbol of Southern pride.

Hard to imagine, isn’t it?

Yet that was precisely the chain of events that took place after yet another Islamist terror attack on American soil. Leftist media darling and terrorist-sympathizer Linda Sarsour tweeted, “Every believing Muslim says Allahu Akbar every day during prayers. We cannot criminalize ‘God is great.’ Prosecute the criminal not a faith.” The media did its typical rush to prevent cruel Americans from engaging in “Islamophobia,” expressing that radical Islamic terrorism had no connection to actual Islam. Most of America’s political leaders quickly agreed. CNN ran a chyron reading, “WITNESSES: SUSPECT WAS YELLING ‘GOD IS GREAT’ IN ARABIC.”

Precisely the reverse takes place after white supremacist terror attacks, of course. When white supremacist Dylann Storm Roof committed a massive terror attack on a black church, the media quickly uncovered photos of him with a Confederate flag, and led a month-long discussion on whether the Confederate flag ought to be banned from public places. When a white supremacist in Charlottesville murdered an innocent woman, the media held a month-long discussion on whether Confederate statues ought to be removed. This week, a Latino interest group ran an ad attempting to connect a Republican gubernatorial candidate with a white supremacist march he had openly condemned, and created an ad showing a Confederate flag-flying white supremacist with that candidate’s bumper sticker attempting to run down minority children.

Now, we can have solid discussions about Confederate monuments and the Confederate flag. Those discussions are worthwhile. But why is that we leap to discuss those issues when a white supremacist terrorist kills innocents, but we leap to defend Islam when an Islamist kills innocents? Why the difference? Isn’t radical Islam just as horrifying as white supremacism? And isn’t white supremacism just as statistically non-representative of Confederate flag-owners throughout the South as radical Islam is of observant Muslims across the country?

The answer lies in a serious problem of bias. The media believe that Americans, by and large, are racist Islamophobes. They are the problem. They’re the problem if perpetrators are Muslim, in which case the backlash from non-Muslim Americans must be pre-emptively curbed; they’re the problem if the perpetrators are white supremacists, in which case Americans must answer for their supposed connections to white supremacism.

That’s nonsense. If we’re going to start attributing terrorist ideologies to broader movements, we’re going to have to abide by that rule across the board; if, by contrast, we’re going to distinguish terrorist ideologies from other ideologies, let’s do that across the board. But you can’t connect white supremacism to Ed Gillespie and Confederate flag-owners while adamantly disconnecting Islamism from Islam. That’s intellectually dishonest. Actually, it's disparaging of non-Muslim Americans more generally, unless there’s a deeper connection between white supremacism and Confederate flag-owning or conservative voting than there is between Islamism and Islam. Which there isn’t.

ZenOps
10-31-2017, 05:25 PM
Hallu snackbar!

sexualbanana
10-31-2017, 05:53 PM

No no. This guy screamed Allahu Ackbar, which makes him an Islamic terrorist and a part of Al Qaeda/ISIS/ISIL/Taliban.

Lone wolfs (plural?) are reserved for white people.

zhao
10-31-2017, 06:14 PM
Lone wolfs (plural?) are reserved for white people.

fail

finboy
10-31-2017, 06:33 PM

Mental illness, white guilt, white fragility, diversity is our strength, trumps America, thanks Trudeau, etc.

Sugarphreak
10-31-2017, 06:39 PM

max_boost
10-31-2017, 06:44 PM
I better enjoy my life and blow all my money because this shit can happen anywhere

Type_S1
10-31-2017, 07:37 PM
http://www.cnn.com/2017/10/31/us/new-york-shots-fired/index.html

6 dead so far, Home Depot truck, Allah Akbar, mowing down cyclists in a bike path.

Another horrific event fueled by religion. I have no ideas on how to stop the crazy muslims from going crazy but constantly saying “it’s not all of us” is not helping. Islam needs to actively fight these people because being passive only fuels the problem.

On a side note, if I was forced to choose a group to get run over in a city it would be bicycle riders (kertjude, aka, Mr. I make money off bike lanes).

CompletelyNumb
10-31-2017, 07:44 PM
Clearly they need to ban all religion :drama:

rage2
10-31-2017, 08:08 PM
http://www.dailywire.com/news/23003/why-dont-media-treat-islamist-terror-attacks-white-ben-shapiro
It’s a fair point. I’m just pissed they ruined the General Lee.

JRSC00LUDE
10-31-2017, 08:18 PM
Islam needs to actively fight these people because being passive only fuels the problem.

But with the exception of some small sects, by any meaningful metric they don't. Why is that?

Type_S1
10-31-2017, 08:36 PM
But with the exception of some small sects, by any meaningful metric they don't. Why is that?

If it is really such a small minority then why can’t they stand up together and fight it? Maybe the answer is that even though not all actively partake in extremist activities that more then a minority support their actions. It’s well known where many terrorist operating basis are (Yemen, Saudi, etc.) so why don’t the people just end it and the Islamic governments stamp it out? The problem is much more then a minority - it’s a passive attitude and silent support of a war against the west.

Buster
10-31-2017, 08:41 PM
Muslim terrorism is a small minority.

Muslim extremist beliefs is a solid majority.

kertejud2
11-01-2017, 07:15 AM
Another horrific event fueled by religion. I have no ideas on how to stop the crazy muslims from going crazy but constantly saying “it’s not all of us” is not helping. Islam needs to actively fight these people because being passive only fuels the problem.

On a side note, if I was forced to choose a group to get run over in a city it would be bicycle riders (kertjude, aka, Mr. I make money off bike lanes).

Maybe they are actively fighting them and the compromise is that they can kill people so long as they're 'only' bicycle riders?

ZenOps
11-01-2017, 08:02 AM
That would be the same rationale as a Las Vegas high roller "only" gunning down some stoned drunk people at a country music festival?

nzwasp
11-01-2017, 08:11 AM
President Trump's response to this is rediculous. Basically to step up security checks for muslim travellers at airports, he didnt come from the airport he's been in the states for 7 years. Which as CBC said most likely he was radicalized in the US. Although I feel like half of these people saying they are doing it for ISIS are not doing it for ISIS and are just lone wolfs hopping on the band wagon.

HiTempguy1
11-01-2017, 08:23 AM
Which as CBC said means he was radicalized in the US.

Da fuq? No it doesn't, jesus christ use your brain a bit :facepalm: "Dur, CBC said it so I dun have ta tink, just agree with them" lol.

nzwasp
11-01-2017, 08:26 AM
Da fuq? No it doesn't, jesus christ use your brain a bit :facepalm: "Dur, CBC said it so I dun have ta tink, just agree with them" lol.

7 years ago ISIS may of been a thing but I dont remember them. I mean I guess he might of travelled back to that area but they certaintly didnt mention it.

Tik-Tok
11-01-2017, 10:01 AM
If it is really such a small minority then why can’t they stand up together and fight it?

Why can't all white people stand up together and fight Neo-nazi'ism?

Saying it's silent support of a war against the west is as ridiculous as saying you're in silent support of another holocaust. Maybe, JUST MAYBE, they are normal people and it's a fairly human trait to be passive.

Brent.ff
11-01-2017, 10:04 AM
man all this shit in the states makes me nervous for our next trip..we accidentally timed a trip to San Fran during pride week (took me a while to figure out why the hotels were so randomly expensive that week...whoops).. staying away from large crowds/events

01RedDX
11-01-2017, 10:36 AM

SportEL
11-01-2017, 10:52 AM
ISIS are the Sunni Muslim Foot Soldiers and the only ones that really oppose them are the Minority Shia Muslims who consider them Apostate Muslims and Vice Versa. The two sects Sunni vs Shia can't get along with each other, and that's why the killings among them. However, they both have the same Goals of Jihad against Kafirs (derogatory term they give to non-Muslims). This is all from the teachings of the Quran and Hadiths that every Muslim learns from which makes it a religious duty for Muslim to commit Jihad whether it be by the Sword, Politically, Socially or by Propaganda. There is no Moderate Islam, just one Islam all designed to destroy western civilization from within.

For example,Sheikh Muhammad Abdullah Nasr, a scholar of Islamic law and graduate of Egypt's Al Azhar University, explained why the prestigious institution, which educates mainstream Islamic scholars, refused to denounce ISIS as un-Islamic in 2015:

"The Islamic State is a byproduct of Al Azhar's programs. So can Al Azhar denounce itself as un-Islamic? Al Azhar says there must be a caliphate and that it is an obligation for the Muslim world. Al Azhar teaches the law of apostasy and killing the apostate. Al Azhar is hostile towards religious minorities, and teaches things like not building churches, etc. Al Azhar upholds the institution of jizya [extracting tribute from non-Muslims]. Al Azhar teaches stoning people. So can Al Azhar denounce itself as un-Islamic?"

Also, the Turkish Prime Minister Recep Erdogan explained it this way saying you're either a Muslim or Not:

“There is no moderate or immoderate Islam. Islam is Islam and that’s it."

Bottom line, Islam as the Ideology is causing these problems we see all around the world.

Gestalt
11-01-2017, 10:53 AM
poor whities. always the victims of the evil people of color.

JRSC00LUDE
11-01-2017, 10:56 AM
poor whities. always the victims of the evil people of color.

Why do you keep trolling? It's pathetic.

Tik-Tok
11-01-2017, 10:58 AM
Why do you keep trolling? It's pathetic.

I don't think he sees himself as a troll.

Gestalt
11-01-2017, 11:05 AM
I don't think he sees himself as a troll.

America dropped 26,000 bombs in 2016 on Muslims, by HUssien Obama. https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2017/jan/09/america-dropped-26171-bombs-2016-obama-legacy
Killed around 800 civilains. https://www.thebureauinvestigates.com/stories/2017-01-17/obamas-covert-drone-war-in-numbers-ten-times-more-strikes-than-bush
Hussein bombed 7 countries in 2016 alone https://www.nbcnews.com/news/world/u-s-bombed-iraq-syria-pakistan-afghanistan-libya-yemen-somalia-n704636

What do we expect ? a box of chcoloates?

Sugarphreak
11-01-2017, 11:07 AM

Xtrema
11-01-2017, 11:19 AM
It’s a fair point. I’m just pissed they ruined the General Lee.

https://i.ytimg.com/vi/2X3dtpTWwvM/maxresdefault.jpg

As sad as it is, it's kind of expected now in this world. Who knew freedom of speech and freedom of religion will lead us to this. In the meantime, China without either is about to be the most powerful and advanced civilization on earth.

Gestalt
11-01-2017, 11:21 AM
Your post suggests that this attack was justified

Bringing up other stats of "what other people have done" as if it somehow condones this type of attack is such a piss poor argument at the core.

You are being dishonest on purpose and know better that there is a difference between expected outcone cause and effect, blowback, and justified. Big difference.

American politicians recognize this even.

By not speaking up against Obamas attacks, by helping him, we made ourselves a target. I expect attacks.

Will canadian civilians deserve the outcome?

Of course not. Dont be a putz.

JRSC00LUDE
11-01-2017, 11:28 AM
In the meantime, China without either is about to be the most powerful and advanced civilization on earth.

Then they'll save us all, before they enslave us. lol

Feruk
11-01-2017, 11:41 AM
man all this shit in the states makes me nervous for our next trip..we accidentally timed a trip to San Fran during pride week (took me a while to figure out why the hotels were so randomly expensive that week...whoops).. staying away from large crowds/events
Haha that's awesome. But as for staying away from crowds, you've got a WAY bigger chance of dying from choking on a taco.

Tik-Tok
11-01-2017, 12:08 PM
Haha that's awesome. But as for staying away from crowds, you've got a WAY bigger chance of dying from choking on a taco.

And he's going during pride week. Zero chance of choking on a taco. Maybe a banana.

HiTempguy1
11-01-2017, 12:25 PM
And he's going during pride week. Zero chance of choking on a taco. Maybe a banana.

I came here to post the same thing. Thank you for taking care of it :rofl:

Kloubek
11-01-2017, 04:01 PM
Edit: Removed post regarding the taco. It was already said, and thought by many.

tonytiger55
11-01-2017, 04:30 PM
Muslim terrorism is a small minority.

Muslim extremist beliefs is a solid majority.

I remember on a discussion forum about 16 years ago after 9/11(god I feel old). One guy described it spot on. It was a vocal minority, but there was a silent majority.

SportEL
11-01-2017, 04:36 PM
America dropped 26,000 bombs in 2016 on Muslims, by HUssien Obama. https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2017/jan/09/america-dropped-26171-bombs-2016-obama-legacy
Killed around 800 civilains. https://www.thebureauinvestigates.com/stories/2017-01-17/obamas-covert-drone-war-in-numbers-ten-times-more-strikes-than-bush
Hussein bombed 7 countries in 2016 alone https://www.nbcnews.com/news/world/u-s-bombed-iraq-syria-pakistan-afghanistan-libya-yemen-somalia-n704636

What do we expect ? a box of chcoloates?

Yes that is to blame and primarily the Quran's calls for violence against the non-believer and how Muslims must emulate their Prophet's own violent actions against the Dirty Kafir.

Type_S1
11-01-2017, 09:09 PM
Maybe they are actively fighting them and the compromise is that they can kill people so long as they're 'only' bicycle riders?

Shhh....go collect your parents monthly stipend and let adults talk. I knew something was off with you always - of course it was a rich kid who had everything given to him and now can fight for bike lanes. :poosie:

Type_S1
11-01-2017, 09:27 PM
Why can't all white people stand up together and fight Neo-nazi'ism?

Saying it's silent support of a war against the west is as ridiculous as saying you're in silent support of another holocaust. Maybe, JUST MAYBE, they are normal people and it's a fairly human trait to be passive.

I grew up with a lot of muslims and I can tell you the main mindset is that they sympathize with extremist activity and try to justify their actions as “retaliation” and “fighting for their families and people who are murdered by North Americans”. They don’t come out and say it is okay but you can read between the lines with how they respond.

Further, I’ve travelled to 8 Islamic countries and lived in 2. The majority of people in these places HATE Americans and western ideas. For some reason they like Canadians, or at least they told me that, but they openly express their hatred for America. These aren’t crazy people either - they are “professionals” ranging from engineers to lawyers to accountants. Why do you think it is such a big deal for Islamic leaders to speak out against certain groups in the news over the last year or so? It’s because there is simply not many muslims speaking out against it and opposing it.

I can tell you I’ve never met a white person who won’t speak out against neo-nazis and condone their actions. I also don’t think Neo-nazis are as near sophisticated with networks having a sole purpose of planning mass murders - so they aren’t really comparable at all.

Buster
11-01-2017, 10:03 PM
forget Muslim countries. Look at the Pew polling data of Muslims in western countries like the UK. It's shocking the prevalence of attitudes we would absoluteness consider extremist.

Gestalt
11-01-2017, 10:47 PM
forget Muslim countries. Look at the Pew polling data of Muslims in western countries like the UK. It's shocking the prevalence of attitudes we would absoluteness consider extremist.

Some would consider dropping 26,000 bombs onto 7 mide east countries in 2016 extreme. Most of you support these extremist policies.

Buster
11-01-2017, 11:17 PM
Some would consider dropping 26,000 bombs onto 7 mide east countries in 2016 extreme. Most of you support these extremist policies.

I'm perfectly happy to have a foreign policy discussion (and I'm quite critical myself). But the Pew poll results and the attitudes of the Muslim population around the world are what they are. And the results of those beliefs are what they are.

Gestalt
11-01-2017, 11:31 PM
Perspective.
29 killed in Yemen today, including children. http://www.cbc.ca/news/world/yemen-airstrike-saada-1.4382077 It's ok, Saudis are our friends (and happen to have commited 90% of the terrorism in America)
Walmart shooting spree attack leaves 3 dead so far. ISIS?
Hey, was there a shooting in Vegas that killed 50+ a few weeks ago? Wouldn;t know it, we aren't talking about it anymore casue it was a NRA supported right white guy.

Sugarphreak
11-01-2017, 11:50 PM

kertejud2
11-02-2017, 08:01 AM

Would it have been similar to the Catholic attitudes (particularly the Irish Catholic ones) in the UK and USA towards the IRA during the 70s and 80s?

You know, the ones that not merely openly condoned it, but found avenues to actively fund terrorist activities?

It's a policy problem. This is how the attitudes are created, when they feel the fight is justified (towards the countries, rather than as a religious justification).

Type_S1
11-02-2017, 08:03 AM
Perspective.
29 killed in Yemen today, including children. http://www.cbc.ca/news/world/yemen-airstrike-saada-1.4382077 It's ok, Saudis are our friends (and happen to have commited 90% of the terrorism in America)
Walmart shooting spree attack leaves 3 dead so far. ISIS?
Hey, was there a shooting in Vegas that killed 50+ a few weeks ago? Wouldn;t know it, we aren't talking about it anymore casue it was a NRA supported right white guy.

What’s happened in Yemen since 2015 is a tragedy that is not talked about in the Western would at all. It is one of the highest death toll conflicts in modern time. But, if you did you research, one of the core fighting points between factions is different understandings of Islam. There is obviously a ton of politics involved (Saudis backing the North, other countries backing the South) but the two groups hatred of eachother is over religion. Again, the religion is causing issues. Bringing this up is like a child arguing though because you are playing the “this is worse” game.

And are you kidding the 50+ mass murder isn’t being talked about? There is still regular news segments trying to figure out what happened and tons of online discussions trying to figure out the full story. This event, again, has nothing to do with the discussion happening though.

tonytiger55
11-02-2017, 08:22 AM
Would it have been similar to the Catholic attitudes (particularly the Irish Catholic ones) in the UK and USA towards the IRA during the 70s and 80s?

You know, the ones that not merely openly condoned it, but found avenues to actively fund terrorist activities?

It's a policy problem. This is how the attitudes are created, when they feel the fight is justified (towards the countries, rather than as a religious justification).

It could be. The IRA was just a partial marketing front for the 'cause'. Yes there was horrific stuff that went on by both sides.
On the flip side it legitimised bullies and criminal activities. Fuel smuggling, money laundering etc

The difference I would argue is that if it is a policy problem, Muslims in western countries have the opportunity to change/amend that policy by partaking in the democratic and civic process. This is something they don't really do. Not only do they not do that, that attitude is compounded by not mixing culturally, victim status also takes president if they are questioned on it.