PDA

View Full Version : Kohler Toilet parts - source?

ExtraSlow
11-06-2017, 08:47 AM
Anyone know of a source for Kohler toilet parts? Not sure what model number I have, it's a Kohler 1-piece 1.6 gal/flush. Recently replaced the fill valve with one of those universal ones from the hardware store and it's hella loud so I'd like to find the actual Kohler one. More important though is the gasket below the flush valve, which isn't the thin rubber kind carried at Lowes and Home Depot, it's the thick spongy kind, almost like the tank-to-bowl gasket of a two-piece toilet, but those aren't a good fit. Roughly 3" diameter.

It does seem like Kohler has changed flush valve styles at some point, from the flapper style to the canister style.

So Summary, anywhere online or in-store that would carry real kohler brand repair parts? Best of all would be someone who could look at what I already have an tell me what I need. I've looked at a lot of diagrams online and none seem to match my toilet.

Tik-Tok
11-06-2017, 09:13 AM
Plumbateria always has what I need. There's probably something closer to you though.

JRSC00LUDE
11-06-2017, 10:10 AM
The hose on the pullout of my Blanco faucet started leaking. It's like 10 years old. I emailed Blanco Customer Service direct asking where to buy it and they sent replacement parts at no cost.

Might want to try that with Kohler.

ExtraSlow
11-06-2017, 10:15 AM
Hmm, are they good over the phone or should I just go there with the part in hand? I don't mind the drive if it solves my problem in one visit.

Aleks
11-06-2017, 10:59 AM
I had a sink handle break on us and couldn't find anywhere in Calgary that carried parts. Didn't feel like spending hundreds on whole new set, so I phoned them up. If you can find a part number they will ship it to you quickly. You call the USA phone number directly and they will help you out. I found the prices reasonable even with shipping it was under $40 CAD for what I needed.

Tik-Tok
11-06-2017, 11:06 AM
Hmm, are they good over the phone or should I just go there with the part in hand? I don't mind the drive if it solves my problem in one visit.

They're pretty knowledgeable over the phone, at least they have been for the times I've used them.

dj_rice
11-06-2017, 02:13 PM
Not sure if Kohler has lifetime warranty on their stuff but I got parts directly from Price Pfister when my shower cartridge failed, for free, shipped to my house. So thats an avenue you might want to try. I didn't know what cartridge exactly, they just asked a few basic questions and knew which one to send.

ExtraSlow
11-06-2017, 02:28 PM
Looks like most Kohler stuff has a one year warranty.

StreetRacerX
11-06-2017, 03:56 PM
Emco carries Kohler parts

ExtraSlow
11-11-2017, 01:50 PM
Well after some detective work with the fine staff at Plumbateria we figured out that my particular toilet model changed design of the flush valve at some point and the new one cannot be retrofit into the old one. But we did find the part number for the obsolete gasket, and they ordered it straight from the Kohler warehouse in Kohler Wisconsin. It arrived today and I installed it. Works like a charm. Was $15 including tax.

Thumbs up for Plumbateria.