PDA

View Full Version : 04 cavalier ZType

rice_eater
03-24-2004, 01:31 PM
I saw one of these yeasterday... The stickers looked factory, with one on the trunk corner and one on each fender. Just wondering if there's anything to them or is this just another horrible attempt from GM to be "cool"

Z-TYPE bitch!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

XylathaneGTR
03-24-2004, 01:34 PM
Prolly a dealer "Super Edition" like those DX-R's you always see from T&T.

Prolly has special floor mats or something.

Gonthro
03-24-2004, 01:34 PM
i stole this from a post on v6z24.com

the cavalier "Z TYPE" (no not type z, ztype)is a dealer added badge to regular cavaliers with the 15inch styled rims, body side skirts and z24 style bumpers.

its the same marketing stuff as the canadian Z22 badging.

and yes we still have Z24's in canada, they go for about 22000-25000
the z types are about 17000-21000
and lower base models are even less

i work at a dealership as a tech. its just added on stuff, not even factory gm badging.

QuasarCav
03-24-2004, 01:40 PM
Yeah, I saw one too. at the coventry mall near Sobeys

It is because the discontinued the Z24. There is no bigger engine or anything.

Kind of like the old Z22 package that some dealers put on old base models to sell them quicker.

I guess it's the same as putting a "type R" badge on your import.

Pretty gay IMO

Ducati
03-27-2004, 12:17 AM
This Cavalier is a really shitty car

XylathaneGTR
03-27-2004, 02:16 AM
Originally posted by Ducati
This Cavalier is a really shitty car

Remember back last summer, there was like, an "Invasion" of moths in the city?
I was walking by Lonestar early one evening, and they had a Green C Coupe outside, that looked EXACTLY like that, it looked like, from a distance, the "brown" paint was moving.
Fucking gross.

Ducati
03-27-2004, 02:30 AM
I have a story for you. This actually happened here in Steveston.

Some guy (an acquaintance, on an early 90's Kawasaki 750) was tooling around a parking lot when he noticed that there was this huuuge flock of seagulls at the other end of the parking lot.
So what does he do? He turns his green meanie around and whacks open the throttle and goes charging towards the birds.
What do the seagulls all do? As the bike approaches, the wiley seagulls correctly determine the threat, and all take off so as to escape the startling danger, and do what seagulls do best - en masse they evacuate their cloacea and rain down a rain of birdshit, covering the parking lot in slippery bird shit, which the bikeguy hits and down he goes.
He tears his pants open, scrapes his leg badly and requires a tetanus shot, as well as doing damage to his fairing, pipe, mirror, lever, tailsection and signal lights.

Suuu-priiise, ya stupid fucking idiot!:rofl:

ninspeed
03-27-2004, 09:03 AM
the ztype is a factory option... not dealer installed.... when the first batch came out.. some of the cladding and badges where forgoten. The Z24 still is made, just no longer a 2.4L (the "24" does not stand for engine size)

QuasarCav
03-27-2004, 12:05 PM
^^^^^^^^

A mockery of the Z24:banghead: :banghead: