Pages : [1] 2 3

01RedDX
11-09-2017, 04:00 PM

Seth1968
11-09-2017, 04:05 PM
Career over.

Disoblige
11-09-2017, 04:06 PM
Is Louis CK's career gonna go down the toilet now as well, like Kevin Spacey?

Tik-Tok
11-09-2017, 04:08 PM
That's some creeper shit he was doing, but this is nothing in the league of Weinstein. He didn't use a position to power to sexually assault anyone, or keep them quiet about it, or did any pedo shit. He just whipped his dick out ffs, it's not exactly like he keeps quiet about his "hobby".

rage2
11-09-2017, 04:11 PM
This is nothing new. It's been reported for years already, but nobody gave a fuck. It's just now after the whole Weinstein ordeal that mainstream press is covering it.

That's some creeper shit he was doing, but this is nothing in the league of Weinstein. He didn't use a position to power to sexually assault anyone, or keep them quiet about it, he just whipped his dick out ffs.
The accusations published in blogs over the years accused his manager of fucking over careers for women talking about this to others. His manager handles some huge big name people, so that's the position of power there.

You're right, in terms of scope, nothing as big as Weinstein accusations, but cornering chicks in rooms and jerking off in front of them isn't borderline sexual assault, it IS sexual assault. Note that Weinstein is also accused of this behavior.

Mitsu3000gt
11-09-2017, 04:18 PM
What I find most surprising about all this is that so many careers are being destroyed with zero evidence beyond a few tweets in some cases, or hearsay testimony. I get that companies like Netflix don't want the bad PR, but if he-said-she-said is enough to fully ruin someone's career/life without evidence, trials, etc. that is messed up. A few tweets seemed to ruin Spacey's career for good with zero proof. Maybe it happened like they all say, or maybe in some cases the 'victim' is embarrassed/ashamed about what happened and this is the easiest way to convince themselves they didn't consent to it (something my friends in Law enforcement deal with a lot) - who knows. Either way, Hollywood sounded like a pretty f'd up place especially back in the day haha.

Seth1968
11-09-2017, 04:23 PM
With something like this over your head, you wouldn't even be able to get a job as a Walmart greeter.

Tik-Tok
11-09-2017, 04:26 PM
The accusations published in blogs over the years accused his manager of fucking over careers for women talking about this to others. His manager handles some huge big name people, so that's the position of power there.

You're right, in terms of scope, nothing as big as Weinstein accusations, but cornering chicks in rooms and jerking off in front of them isn't borderline sexual assault, it IS sexual assault. Note that Weinstein is also accused of this behavior.

Except he didn't corner them in a room. If what the article states is the truth, he whipped it out, started jerking on the bed and the two girls sat there laughing in a chair until he was done and then they left (which while not explicit consent, isn't exactly a no either). Nothing was holding them in that room as soon as his pants were dropped.

I'm not saying the guy isn't a weirdo, but this isn't sexual assault, it's sexual harassment.

Disoblige
11-09-2017, 04:26 PM
What I find most surprising about all this is that so many careers are being destroyed with zero evidence beyond a few tweets in some cases, or hearsay testimony. I get that companies like Netflix don't want the bad PR, but if he-said-she-said is enough to fully ruin someone's career/life without evidence, trials, etc. that is messed up. A few tweets seemed to ruin Spacey's career for good with zero proof. Maybe it happened like they all say, or maybe in some cases the 'victim' is embarrassed/ashamed about what happened and this is the easiest way to convince themselves they didn't consent to it (something my friends in Law enforcement deal with a lot) - who knows. Either way, Hollywood sounded like a pretty f'd up place especially back in the day haha.
If it didn't happen, then why doesn't the celeb come flat out and deny it?
It says a lot when all these accusations come up and the way they respond to it.

Mitsu3000gt
11-09-2017, 04:34 PM
If it didn't happen, then why doesn't the celeb come flat out and deny it?
It says a lot when all these accusations come up and the way they respond to it.

Totally fair point, and I do agree that the chances of all these people coming out and lying are extremely low. They probably did it. In Spacey's case for example, he said he had no memory of it but apologized anyway and whether that was PR damage control or because he actually did or legitimately didn't remember it I have no idea.

Then you get a case like Bill Cosby, where there were so many people coming out of the woodwork that you can't help but think at least some of them are just trying to piggyback the lawsuit and get a free payday.

Guilty or not, I guess I am just surprised their careers are being ended without a trial or proof. If it's that easy, it seems like it would open the door to fraudulent accusations being used as blackmail or similar.

Buster
11-09-2017, 04:35 PM

It just means that all YOU have seen is a tweet. With Spacey, (and Weinstein), everybody knew about it. So the career ruining aspect is based on years of information that people didnt seem to care much about. But they still knew it.

rage2
11-09-2017, 04:48 PM
Except he didn't corner them in a room. If what the article states is the truth, he whipped it out, started jerking on the bed and the two girls sat there laughing in a chair until he was done and then they left (which while not explicit consent, isn't exactly a no either). Nothing was holding them in that room as soon as his pants were dropped.

I'm not saying the guy isn't a weirdo, but this isn't sexual assault, it's sexual harassment.
That's just one instance they're talking about today. Like I said, these accusations go years back, and there were some that talked about him locking the door or standing in front of the door so chicks can't leave while he jerks it. Again, this isn't anything new if you follow non mainstream entertainment news.

rage2
11-09-2017, 04:49 PM
Welcome to liberal social media justice haha.

JordanEG6
11-09-2017, 04:51 PM
Although that's fucked up, it doesn't sound like he did anything illegal. Nor was he in a position of power over the women at the time. I don't think it's the same in terms of the Harvey Weinstein, Kevin Spacey and Woody Allen type nonsense. Sounds like the women are in the ideal environment and time to look for a payday. Or is it JUST a coincidence they happened to be comfortable sharing it NOW?

rage2
11-09-2017, 05:06 PM
Although that's fucked up, it doesn't sound like he did anything illegal. Nor was he in a position of power over the women at the time. I don't think it's the same in terms of the Harvey Weinstein, Kevin Spacey and Woody Allen type nonsense. Sounds like the women are in the ideal environment and time to look for a payday. Or is it JUST a coincidence they happened to be comfortable sharing it NOW?
Not illegal? So next time you're at work, walk into a female coworker's office, close the door, pull your dick out and jerk it. Let me know what happens. :rofl:

Women have been bitching about Louis CK for years now, and using his high powered manager to shut talks of his behavior down which is an abuse of power. It just took Weinstein to get MSM to pay attention.

Rocket1k78
11-09-2017, 05:11 PM
Not illegal? So next time you're at work, walk into a female coworker's office, close the door, pull your dick out and jerk it. Let me know what happens. :rofl:

No shit!

roopi
11-09-2017, 05:18 PM
That's just one instance they're talking about today. Like I said, these accusations go years back, and there were some that talked about him locking the door or standing in front of the door so chicks can't leave while he jerks it. Again, this isn't anything new if you follow non mainstream entertainment news.

Are you telling me you have a news source that reports on guys jerking off? Here I am listening to 660 for my news.

Xtrema
11-09-2017, 07:08 PM
1. Get invited to hotel room
2. Go Anyway
3. ???
4. Profit?

D'z Nutz
11-09-2017, 09:00 PM
Are you telling me you have a news source that reports on guys jerking off? Here I am listening to 660 for my news.

Sounds like an Edmonton station.

D'z Nutz
11-09-2017, 09:15 PM
There's allegations against Mariah Carey now, which isn't a surprise. She comes off as a cougar that nobody wants anything to do with haha

http://www.tmz.com/2017/11/08/mariah-carey-security-guard-lawsuit-sue-nazi-sexual-harassment/?utm_source=justjared

The draft lawsuit also makes allegations of sexual harassment, claiming she committed "sexual acts with the intent that they be viewed by Anello." Anello claims during a trip to Cabo San Lucas, Mariah asked him to come to her room to move some luggage and when he got there, she was wearing a see-through negligee that was open. He says he tried leaving but she insisted he move the luggage. He says he left the room and there was no physical contact.

This will probably fizzle out into nothing like anything that has to do with her

Tik-Tok
11-10-2017, 08:49 AM
Kind of sounds like she just wanted her luggage moved. Considering what she wears in public, I wouldn't be surprised if a see-through negligee is just her normal comfy-clothes.

rage2
11-10-2017, 09:07 AM
She comes off as a cougar that nobody wants anything to do with haha
That's clearly not true. :hitit:

spikerS
11-10-2017, 09:14 AM

https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net/uncyclopedia/images/3/3c/FistPound.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20070427210325

G-ZUS
11-10-2017, 09:17 AM

https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net/uncyclopedia/images/3/3c/FistPound.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20070427210325

Count me in bro

sexualbanana
11-10-2017, 09:19 AM
2. Go Anyway
3. ???
4. Profit?

So you're saying it's their fault for going back to his room? Or that they weren't entitled to change their mind once they got up to his room?

Super_Geo
11-10-2017, 11:39 AM
I think it was a bit of a witch hunt for Louie.

The NYT story with the 2 girls coming up to his hotel room leaves out details that were in an older Gawker article from years ago:

- the gave a 'thumbs-up,' which NYT watered down to 'laughed it off'
- the two girls suggested they smoke some weed (to which Louie said no, and proposed masturbating). the point of this being that it's not a professional setting, as so many people seem to argue... comics drink, do a set, drink more with other comics after the show's done, etc... this didn't happen in a board room at 3pm on a Tuesday.
- one of the girls told gawker that they thought 'sex may have been on the table'

The point is... the situation was more nuanced, and the NYT chose to frame it to fit their narrative.

I signed up for NYT after Trump started lashing out at them back in Feb... I just cancelled the $286/year subscription yesterday after reading the Louie article.

It seems like in all the situations, Louie asked and they either gave consent and he proceeded, or they said no and he stopped. He has an odd fetish, and I suppose it's now our right to judge him for it. So far, the news that has come out hasn't implied that he has done anything without consent.

By they way... Louie from ~15 years ago when these events took place did NOT have the clout that 2017 Louie has.

sexualbanana
11-10-2017, 12:36 PM
I signed up for NYT after Trump started lashing out at them back in Feb... I just cancelled the $286/year subscription yesterday after reading the Louie article.

Why cancel it rather than call out the NYT for what you consider to be bad journalism? To cancel your subscription over what you consider to be bias coverage in the Louis article is like deciding to sell your car because the wipers needed replacing.

R-Audi
11-10-2017, 12:45 PM
Louis CK Released Statement:

https://twitter.com/ditzkoff/status/929050106246115329

ExtraSlow
11-10-2017, 01:20 PM
From an evolutionary standpoint access to sex has always been linked to power and social standing. It makes no sense to pretend these aren't factors for both genders in modern humans.

rage2
11-10-2017, 01:43 PM
Louis CK Released Statement:

https://twitter.com/ditzkoff/status/929050106246115329
That response is way better than Kevin Spacey's. :rofl:

Let's see how the media witch pursuit thing pans out on this response.

TomcoPDR
11-10-2017, 06:01 PM
The system might not had let Spacey or Louis finish, but Letterman probably had the best sex sandal recovery of all times.

rage2
11-10-2017, 11:54 PM
Well looks like Louis C.K. is done. Admits to it everyone cutting ties.

Next up, George Takei.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/george-takei-accused-sexually-assaulting-model-1981-1056698

D'z Nutz
11-11-2017, 12:18 AM
Is this where he attempts to deflect blame and comes out straight? :rofl:

https://media.giphy.com/media/3o6UBgTW5niwy25kkw/giphy.gif

JRSC00LUDE
11-11-2017, 10:40 AM
There's allegations against Mariah Carey now, which isn't a surprise. She comes off as a cougar that nobody wants anything to do with hah

This will probably fizzle out into nothing like anything that has to do with her

I would submit to her assault.

ricosuave
11-11-2017, 11:55 AM

Tik-Tok
11-11-2017, 12:04 PM
I would submit to her assault.

FixedGear
11-11-2017, 12:57 PM
Here's a list of men that have been accused:

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2017/11/10/us/men-accused-sexual-misconduct-weinstein.html

ricosuave
11-11-2017, 02:21 PM

Inzane
11-12-2017, 11:26 AM

Daaayyyuuummm...

This is how she looked in 1994:
https://8fd3e791a58596c0ca97-e2039d154aebc68b9bb080249997e7ef.ssl.cf1.rackcdn.com/1691_e8caf1a6.jpg

HiTempguy1
11-14-2017, 12:11 PM
2. Go Anyway
3. ???
4. Profit?

"I felt so powerless and I just went through with it. But now that I'm a millionaire famous actor/actress, I can speak out about it!" :rolleyes:

Sounds a bit like Indian giving to me. Now, I'm not talking about rape, that's a violent crime and there is no excuse for it! But ANYTHING else that people are claiming is straight up fucking bullshit. They went along with it because that was the way to success, and now they are taking back that agreement.

Edit-

for both genders in modern humans.

I think you just sexually assaulted the internet/twitterverse with your words. Have fun in jail :p

heavyD
11-14-2017, 02:16 PM
Well looks like Louis C.K. is done. Admits to it everyone cutting ties.

Next up, George Takei.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/george-takei-accused-sexually-assaulting-model-1981-1056698

1981? Who the hell can make any accurate recollection of something that happened 36 years ago? I listen to Howard Stern so I know Takei is a horny dude but what's really the point of spilling this out on an 80 year old dude? These people say it's bothered them for a long time but if that's the truth why do they all do nothing about it until it all of a sudden becomes the cool thing to do in Hollywood? Let's not forget that stuff like the Spacey accusations as well as this one is that a lot of people can't remember accurately events that happened to them last week let alone 30 years as your mind starts to alter your memories over time to bend what you think happened to what you want to believe happened. I don't discount that the events may have happened or ignore that creeps like Weinstein preyed on actors but I don't see the point in destroying peoples lives for incidents you remember happening to yourself ages ago. Plenty of us here I am sure have done some things they are ashamed of when they were young (I know I did) and most of us I'm sure have moved on to become good citizens that live regular lives and I don't see what good comes out of destroying lives decades after the incident. It's not like Spacey or Takei brutally raped these guys that they were scarred for life. More of an uncomfortable incident for both and maybe if they came out at the time of the incidents or within a few years that's one thing but after all these years. I just can't get on board with that.

In my early 20's I once passed out at a party in a bedroom only to wake up to unwanted head from a girl I had no interest in. I threw her out of the room passed out again and went on with my life but if I decided to make accusations about it 20 years later what would that accomplish? I see her on facebook with young kids and a husband and why would I want to try and destroy that for a stupid incident where alcohol was involved? It just seems a little mean spirited to destroy peoples lives and careers for mistakes they may have made when they were young and stupid.

Even the Weinstein stuff although deplorable how many actresses simply accepted is as long as he could further their careers? Everyone keeps quite because they feel their career and money is more important but that's not helping the people that come after you so I feel some of these actresses were selfish not to come out earlier as they were more worried about their careers than uncovering what was gong on. It's easy to come out after when you have millions of dollars to fall back on and a reputation but I have more respect for the women like Rose McGowan who was actively trying to bring this stuff out before it all came to a head than the ones that just piled on when it become an in thing and they felt it wouldn't cost them a movie role. I don't want to come off as a victim blamer but lets not pretend that the actors/actresses didn't place a higher value their careers and money than bringing justice to these guys.

JRSC00LUDE
11-15-2017, 09:17 AM

For real? Daaaaammmn, looks like she assaulted the Vegas buffets. I'd just close my eyes, put on gloves, and think of the 90's.

JordanEG6
11-15-2017, 12:54 PM

Women have been bitching about Louis CK for years now, and using his high powered manager to shut talks of his behavior down which is an abuse of power. It just took Weinstein to get MSM to pay attention.

From my understanding with the two women. This wasn't in a work place setting. He invited women into his hotel room, whipped it out, jerked off, and they laughed it off. Creepy and crude sexual misconduct, but illegal tho? Now they are riding this victim card pretty hard saying they were 'paralyzed' in that situation. I agree with Super_Geo, it is a bit of a witch hut to me.

He's a comic. Dude brought 2 women to his hotel room. Which they completely obliged. Not condoning his behavior, but this is way different than me inviting a coworker by the water cooler and showing her my dick.

rx7boi
11-16-2017, 10:29 AM
Perpetrators need to be held accountable for sure but victims also need to be accountable for what they're saying. It's not ethical to conveniently leave out details just to fit your own narrative and cause, but I suppose there's bias in every story told.

You can have beer on your breath and whisper to a chick that you think she her legs look great in that skirt.

If she's into you, it's just being flirtatious.

If she's not into you, then it's verbal harrassment and unwanted sexual advances.

Seth1968
11-17-2017, 10:07 AM
No mention of those that will really suffer:

His daughters.

Swank
11-17-2017, 12:37 PM
"I felt so powerless and I just went through with it. But now that I'm a millionaire famous actor/actress, I can speak out about it!" :rolleyes:

Sounds a bit like Indian giving to me. Now, I'm not talking about rape, that's a violent crime and there is no excuse for it! But ANYTHING else that people are claiming is straight up fucking bullshit. They went along with it because that was the way to success, and now they are taking back that agreement.

^Nailed it!

The statute of limitations on this BS needs to be knocked down to about, oh I'd say a week. How do you suck a dick you regret and then try to make a big deal of it 20 years later?!? All of these tools are nobodies or no longer somebody in hollywood, their careers are shot or never going to happen and they want attention right f'n now. They knew damn well when it happened to them that it was wrong and they didn't say shit, instead they whored themselves out to get the little part on the big screen. They also left the door wide open for it to happen to other people instead of stopping these people by reporting the incident immediately. This whole #metoo junk seems to be nothing more than a depraved fad.

flipstah
11-17-2017, 01:23 PM
Terry Crews is the newest one to be assaulted.

http://people.com/tv/terry-crews-describes-alleged-sexual-assault-adam-venit/

msommers
11-17-2017, 01:26 PM
The #metoo campaign had started a decade ago.

Being perfectly serious, the way Anchorman portrayed women in the workplace is exactly how I imagine its been for a long time in the industry. Some women may have regrettably sucked a dick to get a part and now saying they were harassed that does not represent the majority of these cases. Rather, they're genuine sexual assaults that have taken place and were previously afraid to come forward. Theo Fleury didn't come forward about his assault case for over 10 fucking years.

Think about it: why would a rape victim not report it to police? Ashamed, fear of not being believed, fear of no one caring, fear for their safety, fear for their career?

You guys cannot and should not generalize that all these women coming forward as of late as some rouse to get some attention and dismiss their allegations. It's that very same primitive thinking that lends itself to this shit happening in the first place.

False rape cases happen throughout the year but pale in comparison to the number of genuine cases. Does that mean we dismiss all rape victims coming forward? Unequivocally, no you don't. You build a case and investigate based off their statement, not go with your gut feeling if you think they're bullshiting you or not.

Mitsu3000gt
11-17-2017, 02:33 PM
Actors - Decade old allegations of varying severity = instant loss of career

Trump - Sexual harassment caught on video = gets elected President:nut:

rage2
11-29-2017, 09:29 AM
Big day today.

Matt Lauer - fired from NBC
Andy Rubin - Leave of absence from Essential Phone.

flipstah
11-29-2017, 09:30 AM
Big day today.

Matt Lauer - fired from NBC
Andy Rubin - Leave of absence from Essential Phone.

Holy shit, no longer a good day TODAY

D'z Nutz
11-29-2017, 09:54 AM
The Matt Lauer one doesn't really shock me. The guy comes off as a total douche.

I was wondering how long until someone used these allegations to their advantage and it seems like the Al Franken one might be one:
https://imgur.com/gallery/FWPtO

speedog
11-29-2017, 09:54 AM
Heard on the radio that Ben Affleck can be added to this list.

Disoblige
11-29-2017, 10:00 AM
Actors - Decade old allegations of varying severity = instant loss of career

Trump - Sexual harassment caught on video = gets elected President:nut:
So true.

And even Trump just tweeted:

Wow, Matt Lauer was just fired from NBC for “inappropriate sexual behavior in the workplace.” But when will the top executives at NBC & Comcast be fired for putting out so much Fake News. Check out Andy Lack’s past!
That's fucked up.

Mitsu3000gt
11-29-2017, 10:20 AM
This is getting ridiculous. Want someone's career to be over and life ruined? Just toss out an allegation. If they did it, fine, but with zero proof and no trial I don't think anyone should be getting punished.

- - - Updated - - -

So true.

And even Trump just tweeted:

That's fucked up.

There was a good Kevin Spacey meme regarding house of cards, something like "When the fake president is held to a higher standard than the real one"

rage2
11-30-2017, 12:15 PM
Russell Simmons today.

https://www.npr.org/sections/thetwo-way/2017/11/30/567470136/russell-simmons-removing-himself-after-second-allegation-of-sexual-assault

Tik-Tok
11-30-2017, 12:29 PM
Simmons offered her a ride home after a dinner but then directed his driver to take them to Simmons' home, despite her repeated requests to be driven to her home.

"I felt dread and disorientation," she writes, "I wanted to go home. I said I wanted to go home. I didn't recognize the man next to me. I didn't know if the situation would turn violent. I remember thinking that I must be crazy; I remember hoping that the Russell I knew would return any moment."

"Alone in the elevator" to Simmons' apartment, Lumet continues, "you pressed me into the corner with your body, your hands and your mouth." She then describes making "the trade in my mind" and acquiescing to sex with Simmons, fearing for her safety if she refused.

So, she was scared in the limo, but still went up to the apartment? Maybe it's because I've never been in such a situation, but I really don't understand the choices some of these victims make.

Xtrema
11-30-2017, 12:53 PM
So you're saying it's their fault for going back to his room? Or that they weren't entitled to change their mind once they got up to his room?

You have to be pretty naive to think there isn't any shit about to go down when invited to a hotel room. Especially when head counts are 3 or less.

HiTempguy1
11-30-2017, 01:06 PM
Trump - Sexual harassment caught on video

What? #fakenews indeed. He made some bullshitty comments that anyone else has made bullshitting with friends (well, the exact phrasing he used is stupid, but whatever). He did not sexually harass anyone, and there is no video evidence of that. Fuck :banghead: Welcome to 2017 I suppose.

Xtrema
11-30-2017, 01:22 PM
He did not sexually harass anyone, and there is no video evidence of that. Fuck :banghead: Welcome to 2017 I suppose.

That we know of yet.

Only thing on tape is grab her by the pussy locker room talk.

But what we know from the last month is that you need less than that to lose everything which is what Mitsu is saying.

HiTempguy1
11-30-2017, 02:01 PM
which is what Mitsu is saying.

No its not, he literally said that there is video evidence of Trump sexually harassing someone which is completely false :rolleyes:

Locker room talk, exactly, nothing more, nothing less. For those who claim to have never said anything vulgar in their lives, first get over yourselves, second fuck off.

Mitsu3000gt
11-30-2017, 02:31 PM
That we know of yet.

Only thing on tape is grab her by the pussy locker room talk.

But what we know from the last month is that you need less than that to lose everything which is what Mitsu is saying.

Exactly. All you need to do is say something or make an allegation or take something out of context, and nobody checks facts or has a trial before jobs are lost, careers ruined, etc. You can essentially ruin someone with a tweet which to me is ridiculous.

And like people have already said earlier, some of these situations...hard to believe they didn't know what they were getting into, and likely just regretted it after. Like the girl who said she consented because she was scared, but didn't mention any threats or violence and still went from the car to the apartment - we weren't there so who knows, but the way it's described doesn't sound like there were any "sleep with me or I'll hurt you" threats made. And that military photo of the guy touching that lady though like 10 layers of clothing and body armor...someone dug up some photos showing that she is essentially guilty of the same thing.

I think predators of all types are pieces of shit and should rot in jail, but I find it very disturbing that zero proof is required and life-changing decisions are all made without a trial.

rage2
11-30-2017, 02:51 PM
Full letter for context:

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/writer-jenny-lumet-russell-simmons-sexually-violated-me-guest-column-1062934

Sentry
11-30-2017, 03:04 PM
Like the girl who said she consented because she was scared, but didn't mention any threats or violence and still went from the car to the apartment - we weren't there so who knows, but the way it's described doesn't sound like there were any "sleep with me or I'll hurt you" threats made.
MZ1lc6KASWg

rage2
12-04-2017, 11:39 AM
For real? Daaaaammmn, looks like she assaulted the Vegas buffets. I'd just close my eyes, put on gloves, and think of the 90's.
Look at the leg strength haha.

flipstah
12-04-2017, 01:28 PM
^Holy shit she squats

D'z Nutz
12-05-2017, 10:47 AM
Danny Masterson fired from his Netflix show. There were rape allegations before the whole Weinstein thing, but the Church of Scientology's lawyers always swooped in and quiet things down.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/entertainment/danny-masterson-theranch-fired-1.4433331

dj_patm
12-05-2017, 12:22 PM
Exactly. All you need to do is say something or make an allegation or take something out of context, and nobody checks facts or has a trial before jobs are lost, careers ruined, etc. You can essentially ruin someone with a tweet which to me is ridiculous.

And like people have already said earlier, some of these situations...hard to believe they didn't know what they were getting into, and likely just regretted it after. Like the girl who said she consented because she was scared, but didn't mention any threats or violence and still went from the car to the apartment - we weren't there so who knows, but the way it's described doesn't sound like there were any "sleep with me or I'll hurt you" threats made. And that military photo of the guy touching that lady though like 10 layers of clothing and body armor...someone dug up some photos showing that she is essentially guilty of the same thing.

I think predators of all types are pieces of shit and should rot in jail, but I find it very disturbing that zero proof is required and life-changing decisions are all made without a trial.

The thing is no has really denied anything except for a select few.

Seth1968
12-14-2017, 07:44 AM
Super Size Me's Morgan Spurlock admits sexual misconduct.

"In my mind, we'd been drinking all night and went back to my room. We began fooling around, she pushed me off, then we laid in the bed and talked and laughed some more, and then we started having sex

https://news.sky.com/story/super-size-mes-morgan-spurlock-admits-sexual-misconduct-i-am-part-of-the-problem-11170141

dj_patm
12-14-2017, 01:02 PM
Super Size Me's Morgan Spurlock admits sexual misconduct.

https://news.sky.com/story/super-size-mes-morgan-spurlock-admits-sexual-misconduct-i-am-part-of-the-problem-11170141

This feels more like an attempt to stay relevant to me.

Seth1968
12-14-2017, 01:21 PM
This feels more like an attempt to stay relevant to me.

Admitting sexual misconduct and possible rape to stay relevant?

Seriously?

dj_patm
12-14-2017, 02:14 PM
Admitting sexual misconduct and possible rape to stay relevant?

Seriously?

Yup. If it's going to come out anyways.

Seth1968
12-14-2017, 02:50 PM
Yup. If it's going to come out anyways.

Well of course it's the "if" part that I'm sure he was tearing his hair out over.

It will be interesting to see where this goes on the possible rape.

rage2
01-16-2018, 02:36 PM
I'm not a fan of Aziz Ansari, but man this shit is getting retarded.

https://babe.net/2018/01/13/aziz-ansari-28355

NYT has a good piece that covers most of my thoughts.

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/01/15/opinion/aziz-ansari-babe-sexual-harassment.html

A blurb that highlights insanity today:

Grace’s story was met with so many digital hosannas by young feminists, who insisted that consent is only consent if it is affirmative, active, continuous and — and this is the word most used — enthusiastic. Consent isn’t the only thing they are radically redefining. A recent survey by The Economist/YouGov found that approximately 25 percent of millennial-age American men think asking someone for a drink is harassment. More than a third of millennial men and women say that if a man compliments a woman’s looks it is harassment.

HiTempguy1
01-16-2018, 03:12 PM

Grace complimented Mr. Ansari’s kitchen countertops. The actor then made a move, asking her to sit on the counter. They started kissing. He undressed her and then himself.

In the 30 or so minutes that followed — recounted beat by cringe-inducing beat — they hooked up. Mr. Ansari persistently tried to have penetrative sex with her

She must have been a nudist and assumed he was too. I now understand how she was confused, being so comfortable naked. Nudity isn't sexual after all.

;)

Just had to bring it full circle for ya Rage :p

Edit-
One thing I am getting out of all of these articles is that people have very difference perspectives of sex. Half these articles talk like taking clothes off and then... nothing happening is the usual course of action. :dunno:

Swank
01-16-2018, 03:15 PM
Joke or not, he makes a good point here too:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NXpFtwYIKew

ercchry
01-16-2018, 03:24 PM

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/01/15/opinion/aziz-ansari-babe-sexual-harassment.html

If she asked him to pick her something up from whole foods... that’s consent! :rofl:

Being back in the single game... I have noticed girls are waaay more forward now... or it’s just an age thing? I dunno... haven’t been single in a while haha... every girl so far though has just hopped up and stuffed it in themselves

ExtraSlow
01-16-2018, 03:55 PM
...every girl so far though has just hopped up and stuffed it in themselves I'm not in the dating pool but I think this counts as consent, so you are covered.

ercchry
01-16-2018, 04:08 PM
I'm not in the dating pool but I think this counts as consent, so you are covered.

An erection isn’t consent! I feel violated :cry:

Tik-Tok
01-16-2018, 05:12 PM
After arriving at his apartment in Manhattan on Monday evening, they exchanged small talk and drank wine. “It was white,” she said. “I didn’t get to choose and I prefer red, but it was white wine.”

My god. The man is a savage rapist!

roopi
01-16-2018, 05:17 PM

Banfield slams Ansari accuser in open letter

y4bAULTwAJU

rage2
01-16-2018, 08:48 PM
Who the hell is that? Guessing some extreme left feminist chick?

D'z Nutz
01-16-2018, 08:57 PM
This was the first thing I thought of when I heard about this Ansari nonsense :rofl:

TyKlJbe1frc

lilmira
01-16-2018, 10:53 PM
Forget the brown guy, I want to see a catfight now.

Xtrema
01-17-2018, 10:13 AM
Who the hell is that? Guessing some extreme left feminist chick?

Ashleigh Banfield? She used to be on Global Calgary (or Channel 7 back in the days) and moved to US.

From 1989 to 1992, she anchored the weekend news for CFRN-TV in Edmonton.[2] She worked at CICT-TV in Calgary, as a producer from 1992 to 1993 and as evening news anchor and business correspondent from 1993 to 1995.

a social dsease
01-17-2018, 01:09 PM
Dating / hooking-up seems so complicated now.... Almost like you need to get your date to sign a waiver or something before you can make any sort of advance.

rage2
01-17-2018, 01:17 PM
Dating / hooking-up seems so complicated now.... Almost like you need to get your date to sign a waiver or something before you can make any sort of advance.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y1o_iY99eeA

Realistically, this whole affirmative confirmation is only enforced in California Universities, where non-verbal cues are a grey area and they suggest students use verbal "yes" confirmation, as well as ask often during sex to make sure consent is still valid as it can be revoked at anytime even with silence. :nut:

Seth1968
01-17-2018, 01:44 PM

That won't be enough.

Unless you have a video of it all, the female can say anything she wants, and then you're fucked at every level. Just like that CJ comedian whatever, you're fucked. I'm not saying sexual abuse doesn't happen, but the whole thing as gone awry. Just like I never said that vaccines are ineffective (like the idiots that continually label me as someone who thinks the world is flat), but rather, gone awry due to emotional delusion.

Our so called leader is fucking pathetic and an embarrassment. The idiot is an elite born POS that I've often described as a deer in headlights.

ahhh diversaity...ahh femnism.. ah, em , etc

Our PM is a bumbling elitist idiot.

FFS, even Duaner knows that:)

rage2
01-17-2018, 01:54 PM
That won't be enough.

Unless you have a video of it all, the female can say anything she wants, and then you're fucked at every level.
You can't have a video of it, as filming without consent would get you charged under voyeurism laws.

Tik-Tok
01-17-2018, 02:40 PM

http://www.independent.co.uk/life-style/consent-app-sexual-contracts-legalthings-phone-std-free-guarantee-a8154591.html

CompletelyNumb
01-17-2018, 03:05 PM
Sex in 2019:

http://i68.tinypic.com/102uzkh.jpg

rage2
01-17-2018, 03:14 PM
Sex in 2019:

I swear in 10 years everything in that movie will be true.

HiTempguy1
01-17-2018, 03:18 PM

Needs a dash of Idiocracy, but otherwise yes. :Rofl:

Tik-Tok
01-17-2018, 03:31 PM

We ALL better start figuring out what the 3 shells are for.

spikerS
01-17-2018, 04:29 PM
We ALL better start figuring out what the 3 shells are for.

http://i.imgur.com/jRawzMt.png

JordanEG6
01-17-2018, 09:39 PM

I hope not, there's only so much Taco Bell I want to eat in my life. :nut:

beyond_ban
01-17-2018, 10:06 PM
^^
With that much Taco Bell floating around, one would think it would take at least 4-5 shells to clean oneself up.

max_boost
01-18-2018, 12:51 PM
Man wtf is going on in the dating world. :nut: :nut:

heavyD
01-19-2018, 02:24 PM
Sex in 2019:

Boy Sandra Bullock was so hot in that film.

Gestalt
01-22-2018, 10:17 AM
Wife and I red the whole Ansari article in babe.

The worst you can say abiut him is the guy has no game. Hes a guy who is has women fall on him for his fame so he forgot how to work it. I was embarased for him reading it.

Stupid attack on feminism and womans power. A guy points at his penis and they are powerless and compelled to blow? :rofl: . He was famous. She was presured by her own expectations and didn't want to lose her big chance with a rich guy.