PDA

View Full Version : 2020 Tesla Roadster

Pages : [1] 2 3

Xtrema
11-17-2017, 07:38 AM
https://www.theverge.com/2017/11/17/16669024/tesla-roadster-2017-fastest-car-world

0-60 1.9s
0-100 4.2s
1/4 mile 8.9s
250+mph
200 kwh 600+ miles range.

https://t.co/6FziM9M755

Impressed if it Elon delivers.

ExtraSlow
11-17-2017, 07:52 AM
If he delivers one, or of he can get to a reasonable production volume without massive quality issues?

I have faith that a handful will be built.

Xtrema
11-17-2017, 08:14 AM
I have faith that a handful will be built.

At $200k USD or more, pretty sure it will be low volume which is fine for Tesla.

JRSC00LUDE
11-17-2017, 09:19 AM
Yawn.

BavarianBeast
11-17-2017, 10:06 AM
Yawn.

I dunno if its yawning material.

This car will do 0-60mph in under 2 seconds. That's absolutely mental.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aXWfL-1ieuE&t=56m20s

Seth1968
11-17-2017, 10:09 AM

Serious question...

Do most people give a shit about how fast a car is?

Xtrema
11-17-2017, 10:23 AM
Serious question...

Do most people give a shit about how fast a car is?

When you say most people, you meant that 90% of cars out there are econo box and pick up trucks right?

I think most of Beyond cares, by the car enthusiast community is a tiny fraction of the driving public.

Seth1968
11-17-2017, 10:27 AM
When you say most people, you meant that 90% of cars out there are econo box and pick up trucks right?

I think most of Beyond cares, by the car enthusiast community is a tiny fraction of the driving public.

Ya, exactly.

I'm just not getting why Musk is making it a main selling point. Perhaps because he's got nothing else?

BavarianBeast
11-17-2017, 10:35 AM
Ya, exactly.

I'm just not getting why Musk is making it a main selling point. Perhaps because he's got nothing else?

Lol wut? It's a sports car, it's built to go fast. How fast is what people have been waiting on for years now.

Acceleration is also one of the only things exciting about an all electric sports car. It's not like it's going to put some insane numbers up at the Nurburgring or anything.

Seth1968
11-17-2017, 10:38 AM
Lol wut? It's a sports car, it's built to go fast. How fast is what people have been waiting on for years now.

What people? 1% of car buyers?

And unless they're going to a track, what is the point?

Xtrema
11-17-2017, 10:56 AM

And unless they're going to a track, what is the point?

Dick measuring?

That's exactly what it is in sport car world. What's the point of LaFerrari, 458, Corvettes, Lambos and how many actually see track time? This isn't for general public like Model 3. It IS for 1%.

Strider
11-17-2017, 11:03 AM

And the percentage of car buyers spending $200k on a car is much lower than 1%. But in order for someone to spend $200k on a car, there has to be something special about it... in this case, it's the acceleration.

JRSC00LUDE
11-17-2017, 11:10 AM

It is crazy from a speed perspective for sure, it would be more exciting if a more legitimate automaker was doing it. The yawn is i'm just tired of the Tesla hype machine trotting out what is most likely another over-promised/under-delivered sizzle point to try and keep investor cashflow coming in.

killramos
11-17-2017, 11:22 AM
I am interested in what kind of aero its going to have to be able to reliably execute those sub 2 second times, let alone the kind of tires it will need to be able to do that.

It needs to be able to get all that torque to the road somehow.

I feel like endless electric torque isn't going to be enough. Also sustaining torque and acceleration to get above 250+mph, I wonder if it has a gearbox?

C4S
11-17-2017, 12:05 PM
At least, there is another Tesla look decent!

Still not the best looking sports car, but much better than Model S/X/3 ...

JustinL
11-17-2017, 12:23 PM
I am interested in what kind of aero its going to have to be able to reliably execute those sub 2 second times, let alone the kind of tires it will need to be able to do that.

It needs to be able to get all that torque to the road somehow.

I feel like endless electric torque isn't going to be enough. Also sustaining torque and acceleration to get above 250+mph, I wonder if it has a gearbox?

Aero plays almost no role in 0-60 times. It will play a big role at 250MPH though. The current Tesla can do 0-60 in 2.3 seconds, so it's not unreasonable to think they could improve on this... but I agree that 1.9 is going to be a harder challenge than Elon thinks. The figure of 7000+lbft of toque is the number I've been seeing and that's well in excess of what the tires could handle and the bigger problem will be breaking parts with that kind of force going through them.

Why would there be a gearbox?

killramos
11-17-2017, 12:57 PM
Power and torque drops off precipitously with high speed with Teslas current motors. So to continue having enough power to accelerate through to 250+mph i figure they might need at least a second "gear" that switches at high speeds to lower the motor speed and maintain enough power. 250 mph is no joke.

https://farm8.staticflickr.com/7576/16038180218_0a39fa3c7e.jpg

Ignoring the absolute values because i don't know which model this is from, they are down to almost 50% peak horsepower by 130 mph all with half the torque of a Honda civic... Extrapolate this out to 250mph, its going to be tough to generate enough power to overcome drag. Now gear it down to a reasonable engine speed and that issue goes away. At least the way i see it.

But with the way Teslas "D" models work, now we are talking at least 2 gearboxes, even if they are only 2 speed. That's a lot of extra weight and mechanical complexity that Tesla isn't used to. Definitely an engineering challenge just like making any car reach those speeds. Current model S top speed is ~155mph, and I think there is a good reason for that.

Sugarphreak
11-17-2017, 02:48 PM

My_name_is_Rob
11-17-2017, 04:12 PM
Pros:
- Decent distance, could almost roadtrip it.
- Awesome speeds.

Cons:
- Tesla
- No steering wheel?!?

tonytiger55
11-17-2017, 04:32 PM
Why do they keep doing the sports car. I never get it...

If they really want EV to sell. When will they for the love of god make a Civic, Corrola, Golf, Tata, Fiesta equivalent of it for the masses? Tesla Model 3.. is it here yet?

JustinL
11-17-2017, 05:41 PM
Power and torque drops off precipitously with high speed with Teslas current motors. So to continue having enough power to accelerate through to 250+mph i figure they might need at least a second "gear" that switches at high speeds to lower the motor speed and maintain enough power. 250 mph is no joke.

I'm very surprised that the power curve looks like that. I expected sharp rise until it's not traction limited and then an almost flat power line with some slight loss due to friction etc. as speed goes up. A flat power curve will always yield a downward sloping torque curve, no surprises there. I don't understand the power loss as speed increases, which looks like more than drive-line losses. That's weird.

rage2
11-17-2017, 05:49 PM
I'm very surprised that the power curve looks like that. I expected sharp rise until it's not traction limited and then an almost flat power line with some slight loss due to friction etc. as speed goes up. A flat power curve will always yield a downward sloping torque curve, no surprises there. I don't understand the power loss as speed increases, which looks like more than drive-line losses. That's weird.
It’s running against 2 limits, battery peak power delivery, and heat.

Maxt
11-17-2017, 07:05 PM
It’s running against 2 limits, battery peak power delivery, and heat.
I haven't looked at Tesla motors, but guessing the motors are AC with frequency control:

https://www.pumpsandsystems.com/topics/pumps/motor-horsepower-torque-versus-vfd-frequency

Xtrema
11-17-2017, 09:21 PM

Wonder why Tesla never use Nurburgring in PR?

So far everything Tesla built goes into limp mode around 3mins of flogging due to heat.

Wonder if they solved it with new Roadster or they just live only 1/4 mile at a time and limp mode in between.

rage2
11-18-2017, 08:26 AM
I haven't looked at Tesla motors, but guessing the motors are AC with frequency control:

https://www.pumpsandsystems.com/topics/pumps/motor-horsepower-torque-versus-vfd-frequency
Possibly, not familiar enough with motor tech. The limits I raised are well known. The Roadster using a 200kWh battery isn’t for range, but to double the potential battery output at one time. Basically brute force increase the physical battery output limit. On the heat side, a lot of it sits in the DC to AC conversion for the motor, Tesla has been improving the “fuse” since Ludicrous mode to allow more power through before cutting down total current draw. Another potential area to brute force an increase by moving to 3 motors or adding 50% capacity assuming no change in current tech.

It’ll be interesting to see how Porsche addresses these limits in the Mission E.

Maxx Mazda
11-18-2017, 08:59 AM
Rob Feretti hit the nail on the head with his commentary. It won’t sell to true enthusiasts because there’s no “driving experience.” People who buy super cars want a visceral, emotional experience when driving. A proper manual gearbox. This car can’t deliver that.

Gestalt
11-18-2017, 09:05 AM
Aero plays almost no role in 0-60 times. It will play a big role at 250MPH though. The current Tesla can do 0-60 in 2.3 seconds, so it's not unreasonable to think they could improve on this... but I agree that 1.9 is going to be a harder challenge than Elon thinks.

Thus is hilarious. You know better than Tesla the challenges involved? :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Our whole shop is laughing at you. Thanks for the early Saturday pick us up.

- - - Updated - - -

Rob Feretti hit the nail on the head with his commentary. It won’t sell to true enthusiasts because there’s no “driving experience.” People who buy super cars want a visceral, emotional experience when driving. A proper manual gearbox. This car can’t deliver that.

Real car guys rave about the S. Having a phallus in ylur hand doesnt define a driving experience. Probably the best contributor is brute force and acceleration.

JRSC00LUDE
11-18-2017, 09:56 AM
Thus is hilarious. You know better than Tesla the challenges involved? :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

- - - Updated - - -

Real car guys rave about the S. Having a phallus in ylur hand doesnt define a driving experience. Probably the best contributor is brute force and acceleration.

This whole forum is laughing at you. Even for a troll you're dumber than a sack of doorknobs.

Gestalt
11-18-2017, 10:17 AM
This whole forum is laughing at you. Even for a troll you're dumber than a sack of doorknobs.

No they aren't, you are the only troll here and you are on a car foruma nd dont know anything about cars. Do you even own won?

JustinL
11-18-2017, 10:57 AM

What shop is this that's laughing at that statement? I know some of the challenges involved in hitting 1.9 0-60mph. Elon has a reputation for making big promises and then missing them. It's not unreasonable to think that this is yet another target that he's arbitrarily setting before figuring out how to do it. Don't be a dick and try to have a discussion like an adult.

Gestalt
11-18-2017, 11:04 AM
What shop is this that's laughing at that statement? I know some of the challenges involved in hitting 1.9 0-60mph. Elon has a reputation for making big promises and then missing them. It's not unreasonable to think that this is yet another target that he's arbitrarily setting before figuring out how to do it. Don't be a dick and try to have a discussion like an adult.

You have no idea. Do you own a awd electric car? Have you ever built a hotrod that could even match the S 0-60 on our roads? The snswer is no.

What performance target has tesla missed? You guys make up so much bunk its entertaining.

zhao
11-18-2017, 11:12 AM

Said no one ever. By your logic constant traffic lights and the qe2 are the best roads in the world lol.

I also do not think you appreciate what justin knows about cars and driving

Gestalt
11-18-2017, 11:35 AM
Said no one ever. By your logic constant traffic lights and the qe2 are the best roads in the world lol.

I also do not think you appreciate what justin knows about cars and driving

Shifting manually evolved out of performance advantage. It was faster and therefore became associated with being fast mean and cool.

Not because aomeone thiught kt fwlt good ha ing their hand around a nob. It became cool becUse a skilled guy could be faster.

Its now a performance disadvantage.

Xtrema
11-18-2017, 11:58 AM
Its now a performance disadvantage.

Well, you still can't track EVs other than drag strips runs. 3 min on Autobahn with Tesla S at 240km/h and it goes to limp mode.

So it would be interesting what Tesla comes up with for cooing for Roadster. May be a return of radiator?

Gestalt
11-18-2017, 12:06 PM
Well, you still can't track EVs other than drag strips runs. 3 min on Autobahn with Tesla S at 240km/h and it goes to limp mode.

So it would be interesting what Tesla comes up with for cooing for Roadster. May be a return of radiator?

There's one autobahn, and 6 million stop lights. He built a 99.99% car.

zhao
11-18-2017, 12:55 PM
Manual 911s are both easier to sell and worth more than PDK ones.

People buy PDK new for the specs, but the person buying a used porsche is buying it for its driving pleasure not for its specs, so they couldn't care less about 4.2sec 0-60 or 4.6 sec 0-60 if it means giving up control of shifting. Someone buying a used 993 can easily afford a new 991 too so buying used isn't even about the money with a porsche, its about buying the exact one you want.

My 335i is fast as shit in a straight line, but I do not enjoy driving it on a track or on a twisty road. It actually feels like absolute shit on a track. I prefer my stock FD RX7 for that, which is slower, but puts smiles on my face every time i drive it.

Also, having 8 gears is shit because you're playing lets guess if its going to drop 2 gears or 1 gear when i hit the paddle twice.

brute force and acceleration are great when you are 18 and are used to driving your moms SUV or the base civic they bought you... but it gets boring as soon as you realize that you get used to that thrill very quickly. For a drivers car I would always take handling over power. I would always take control over specs.

Sugarphreak
11-18-2017, 12:56 PM

Gestalt
11-18-2017, 01:04 PM
I agree, 1.9s doesn't seem possible to me for a Tesla Roadster

The only reason the model S is able to achieve such good 0-60 times is because it is extremely heavy and is able to get better traction. Unless they make the roadster even heavier, it probably won't be able to better that time. Then again, it isn't like it will handle anyway, they might as well just make it 5000lbs and call it a day, lol.

Elon is such a clown... lets release the specs for a car before we design it, durrrrrrrr
You didnt take science I guess?

Any extra force you generate with weight. Is cancelled out by also having to overcome the resistance to .movement of the extra weight.

Watch street outlaws? Why are ther cars 1000pounds lighter then a few years ago. If your theory worked theyd be making them heavier.

JRSC00LUDE
11-18-2017, 01:08 PM
You guys are actually arguing with someone who knows absolutely nothing about motorsports/driving enthusiast topics, let alone science? Fixing a car doesn't mean you actually enjoy them. He can only regurgitate what he reads in his own echo chamber and even then, it's not usually fully correct. :rofl:

Don't keep feeding him lol

ercchry
11-18-2017, 01:09 PM
You guys know there is a prototype ripping around of this already... right?

For me 0-60 is something that’s easy for people to understand. And something that’s easy to compare across the board. Having a decent 0-60 does also translate into fun around town, but I agree you need the full package. When I take a break from the M it’s amazing the feeling I get when I’m back behind the wheel... but it’s still a blast even after I’m acclimatized to the power, cause the handling is just so damn good

You didnt take science I guess?

Any extra force you generate with weight. Is cancelled out by also having to overcome the resistance to .movement of the extra weight.

Watch street outlaws? Why are ther cars 1000pounds lighter then a few years ago. If your theory worked theyd be making them heavier.

Those drag cars are on big tire slicks for a reason... not really something that makes sense for a street car

Gestalt
11-18-2017, 01:14 PM
You guys are actually arguing with someone who knows absolutely nothing about motorsports/driving enthusiast topics, let alone science? Fixing a car doesn't mean you actually enjoy them. He can only regurgitate what he reads in his own echo chamber and even then, it's not usually fully correct. :rofl:

Don't keep feeding him lol
Troll much? You really think making cars heavier helps acceleration?? :rofl: :rofl:

- - - Updated - - -

You guys know there is a prototype ripping around of this already... right?

For me 0-60 is something that’s easy for people to understand. And something that’s easy to compare across the board. Having a decent 0-60 does also translate into fun around town, but I agree you need the full package. When I take a break from the M it’s amazing the feeling I get when I’m back behind the wheel... but it’s still a blast even after I’m acclimatized to the power, cause the handling is just so damn good

Those drag cars are on big tire slicks for a reason... not really something that makes sense for a street car
All fast cars are traction limited. The game is no longer power. Its managing the power. It does make sense for all cars.

Sugarphreak
11-18-2017, 01:15 PM

ercchry
11-18-2017, 01:17 PM
All fast cars are traction limited. The game is no longer power. Its managing the power. It does make sense for all cars.

Did you just say big slicks make sense on all cars?!

Gestalt
11-18-2017, 01:19 PM
Light weight.

Sugarphreak
11-18-2017, 01:20 PM

Gestalt
11-18-2017, 01:20 PM
The Jeep SRT must be a such a mystery to you, lol

76oIkksZMjE

What's your point? My friend has one that runs 9 seconds. And they are all trying to take weight out. Lighter is faster. Thats something obvious to all car guys.

Sugarphreak
11-18-2017, 01:22 PM

Gestalt
11-18-2017, 01:22 PM
No no no... he means to say that the lighter a car is, the more traction it has! That is how science works!

I said the extra traction is offest by having to overcome the resistant to movement...

Ah nevermind. Go back to wbatever you are good at. Making stuff up. Lol

JRSC00LUDE
11-18-2017, 01:24 PM
Do you stand in a forest and ask where all the trees went?

Sugarphreak
11-18-2017, 01:26 PM

Gestalt
11-18-2017, 01:26 PM
Do you stand in a forest and ask where all the trees went?

Another troll post by jrscooldude

JRSC00LUDE
11-18-2017, 01:29 PM
Another troll post by jrscooldude

And there it is, now we know you've been here before. Game over trolly lololol

Gestalt
11-18-2017, 01:37 PM
But... But... But... what about your science? I thought cars were traction limited? Wait, lemme' quote that for you

So if that is true, then why does the power to weight ratio matter? Wouldn't you be more concerned about the friction coefficient?

All fast cars are. Theres a guy drag races semi seriously in the shop. Its so easy to make power now, what he really works on is managing the power. Applying it at maximum af every spot. So take out boost and timing at the start line, progressively put it in where traction will handle. Take out power on shifts to not blow tires off.

Do you even own a car?

As for friction formula. The goodyear rep sbowed us all that. And yes weight is proportional to trAction forces. But weight is also proportional the same way in acdeleration forces. So they cancel out. Except you need less power to accelerat a lighter weight.

Boy. You are not a car guy.

Sugarphreak
11-18-2017, 01:41 PM

Gestalt
11-18-2017, 01:43 PM
You understand that weight is a factor in traction do you not? Even if you have a high coefficient of friction from a great tire, if you don't have enough weight it will slip?

Why isnt tire width in your formula? ;)

Sugarphreak
11-18-2017, 01:45 PM

Gestalt
11-18-2017, 01:50 PM
It is already considered as part of the coefficient of friction along with tire compound, road surface, temperature, and other factors, durrrrrr

No, it's not. Haha

ercchry
11-18-2017, 01:56 PM
No, it's not. Haha

Go pick your broom back up, and sweep the damn shop!

Or go ask someone that graduated grade school to help you with the maths

https://www.engineeringtoolbox.com/tractive-effort-d_1783.html

zhao
11-18-2017, 01:59 PM
Go pick your broom back up, and sweep the damn shop!

Or go ask someone that graduated grade school to help you with the maths

https://www.engineeringtoolbox.com/tractive-effort-d_1783.html

oh no dont give him that link. Now he's going to tell us drag racing slicks on sand provides more grip, as long as you have airplane wings to make your car lighter.

Gestalt
11-18-2017, 02:00 PM
The goodyear rep explained it to us. I guess yku dont undersgand it either.

You guys remind me of that other expert that used all the tech stuff to tell me why my solar wont work and was 100% wrong. Funny. Havet seen him since instead we have new guys making stuff up.

Here is a simple google. http://www.physlink.com/education/askexperts/ae140.cfm

ercchry
11-18-2017, 02:05 PM
The goodyear rep explained it to us. I guess yku dont undersgand it either.

You guys remind me of that other expert that used all the tech stuff to tell me why my solar wont work and was 100% wrong. Funny. Havet seen him since instead we have new guys making stuff up.

Here is a simple google. http://www.physlink.com/education/askexperts/ae140.cfm

You are aware that the link you just shared completely contradicts your theory of lighter = more traction... or whatever the hell you are going on about?

Gestalt
11-18-2017, 02:09 PM
oh no dont give him that link. Now he's going to tell us drag racing slicks on sand provides more grip, as long as you have airplane wings to make your car lighter.

Use that link, use their formula, but halve the weight. Weird, how that works yes?

Leave car stuff to car guys.

- - - Updated - - -

You are aware that the link you just shared completely contradicts your theory of lighter = more traction... or whatever the hell you are going on about?

No no it doesn't. Hahaha. After lunch laughs. The giys here thank you

ercchry
11-18-2017, 02:10 PM
Use that link, use their formula, but halve the weight. Weird, how that works yes?

Leave car stuff to car guys.

- - - Updated - - -

No no it doesn't. Hahaha. After lunch laughs. The giys here thank you

Oh right... I forgot you have close to zero comprehension... force = weight in this scenario

Gestalt
11-18-2017, 02:14 PM
Oh right... I forgot you have close to zero comprehension... force = weight in this scenario

Use your link. Half the weight. Ill wait for the apology.

killramos
11-18-2017, 02:30 PM
Dafuq did I just read :nut:

Gestalt
11-18-2017, 02:31 PM
Crixkets. Weird. Easy math is harder then i thought. Your link. Use any weigbt

ercchry
11-18-2017, 02:49 PM
Crixkets. Weird. Easy math is harder then i thought. Your link. Use any weigbt

It proves zero benefit to reducing weight if the coefficient of friction stays the same, if you want to put more power down how do you do it? More friction... so tire compound and surface as a fixed variable... you need more contact patch... but wait! If you increase contact patch without a change in weight (force) you actually get a lower coefficient of friction... hrm...

Gestalt
11-18-2017, 03:39 PM
Lets back up. Sugar was talking out his ass again and said. (Quote]I agree, 1.9s doesn't seem possible to me for a Tesla Roadster

The only reason the model S is able to achieve such good 0-60 times is because it is extremely heavy and is able to get better traction. Unless they make the roadster even heavier, it probably won't be able to better that time.[/quote]

And i explained that extra force for traction is cancelled out by having to accelerate the extra weight.

You posted a nice formula that proves my statement. If you are on the edge of traction, you end up with same acceleretion toying with weight in your link. Try it.

You arent traction limited for all of it, so being lighter is better once you are already moving (a object at rest wants to stay at rest). Its harder to spin the tires at 60mph then coming off a standstill.

Anyway. Sugar was wrong.again.

npham
11-18-2017, 05:09 PM

I'm so much stoopider from reading the last few pages.

Buster
11-18-2017, 05:48 PM
This

JRSC00LUDE
11-18-2017, 08:07 PM

A former member trolling.

dirtsniffer
11-18-2017, 10:24 PM
If that's the case he should be banned.

Sugarphreak
11-18-2017, 10:55 PM

Maxt
11-19-2017, 10:47 AM
https://www.torquenews.com/106/i-was-right-hellcat-charger-faster-hellcat-challenger

Gestalt
11-19-2017, 11:53 AM
https://www.torquenews.com/106/i-was-right-hellcat-charger-faster-hellcat-challenger
Not enough numbers are given. But the assumptions are generally correct. The car with better aero will be faster, and if the charger tranfers weight better to the back. But i would prefer to see side by side time slips in hole.

Not relevant for an awd tesla because all the weight rests on driven tires. But ok. Point?

Sugarphreak
11-19-2017, 12:03 PM

Gestalt
11-19-2017, 12:09 PM
Woooooosh

That is the sound of it going over your head ;)

(Normally I would just put woooosh, but in your case I decided to give a detailed explanation, followed by an additional bracketed explanation to explain why I put that explanation... also considered a third denoted explanation despite the redundancy)

Does anyone one in this thread know more than a fifth grader whe it comes to cars? ;)

Cute how you keep ignoring the enginerrtoolbox you were a chearleader of once I explained that changing weight in the equation doesnt change the result.

killramos
11-19-2017, 12:14 PM
So how is your Model 3 Gestalt? Enjoying it?

Hey for a simple $5,000 dollar refundable deposit I will design you a 1.2 second sports car that seats 7 and doubles as a long haul big rig truck. Should be ready in 2-3 years nbd. It will cost less that $20,000*. Worst case I'll give you your deposit back less a small restocking fee in a couple years.

Gestalt
11-19-2017, 12:20 PM
Chrysler engineer explains how a 3% pound heavier car can be faster.

Aero.

So how can the four-door Charger outrun the lighter Challenger, if they share an engine? It's all about aerodynamics. The Challenger has the look of an iconic muscle car, but that style doesn't do well in the wind tunnel. It "has this big front end which is more vertical," says Mark Trostle, head of design for Dodge's SRT division. "The mass that breaks through the air is larger." More wind resistance, less speed.

- - - Updated - - -

So how is your Model 3 Gestalt? Enjoying it?

Hey for a simple $5,000 dollar refundable deposit I will design you a 1.2 second sports car that seats 7 and doubles as a long haul big rig truck. Should be ready in 2-3 years nbd. It will cost less that $20,000*. Worst case I'll give you your deposit back less a small restocking fee in a couple years.

So you can do it, but tesls cant do 1.9 according to mr wrong.? You guys are on a comdeic roll. Too bad day off today.

killramos
11-19-2017, 12:21 PM
:rofl: gold

Maxt
11-19-2017, 02:14 PM
Not enough numbers are given. But the assumptions are generally correct. The car with better aero will be faster, and if the charger tranfers weight better to the back. But i would prefer to see side by side time slips in hole.

Not relevant for an awd tesla because all the weight rests on driven tires. But ok. Point?
Why don't you try reading the whole article...

JRSC00LUDE
11-19-2017, 02:20 PM
Why don't you try reading the whole article...

Because troll. It's so obvious.

Gestalt
11-19-2017, 02:43 PM
Because troll. It's so obvious.

Your the most active troll here.

Proving sugar wrong does not make me a troll.

89coupe
11-20-2017, 01:25 PM
I’ve driven a P90D with the Ludicrous upgrade and the 0-60 acceleration was pretty sick but the over all driving experience and highway acceleration was underwhelming. You just can’t beat a Petro fuelled engine for overall driving experience.

Xtrema
11-20-2017, 03:21 PM
I’ve driven a P90D with the Ludicrous upgrade and the 0-60 acceleration was pretty sick but the over all driving experience and highway acceleration was underwhelming. You just can’t beat a Petro fuelled engine for overall driving experience.

That's my feel too. Handling is crap because it's 500-600lb heavier than car of same class. But it's least it's not all in the nose.

That said, I love 1 paddle driving for day to day.

LUDELVR
11-20-2017, 03:54 PM

Talking to a friend about this and I think he aptly put it in saying, "It's not a driver's car. It's soulless." I have to say, I've raced one and it did seem very odd only hearing my engine. Personally, there's so much to be said about hearing the revs climb to the point of an explosion and the smell of the exhaust tingling my nose. I do love going in straight lines but the feel of corners is also something else where I don't think you'll get that from a Tesla.

Sugarphreak
11-20-2017, 10:25 PM

JRSC00LUDE
11-20-2017, 11:41 PM
New specs released today: New Roadster shall be a flying roadster

http://money.cnn.com/2017/11/20/technology/tesla-roadster-might-fly/index.html

...idiot

No. YOU'RE the idiot, he just changed THE WORLD again.

BavarianBeast
11-21-2017, 12:20 AM
What’s wrong with bunny hopping a couple speedbumps

Elevated Tesla charging stations for the lucky roadster owners too.

:rolleyes:

Seth1968
11-21-2017, 07:06 AM
It's soulless."

It's created by god, so it can't be soulless :rolleyes:

Xtrema
11-21-2017, 10:24 AM
...idiot

I think it's an awesome idea..... when you need another round of fund raising.

Gestalt
11-21-2017, 01:10 PM
:rofl: :rofl:

sexualbanana
11-21-2017, 04:33 PM

That acceleration feeling is legit. I saw the videos of people freaking out and thought it was an exaggeration until I experienced it myself, and I almost crapped myself.

Talking to a friend about this and I think he aptly put it in saying, "It's not a driver's car. It's soulless." I have to say, I've raced one and it did seem very odd only hearing my engine. Personally, there's so much to be said about hearing the revs climb to the point of an explosion and the smell of the exhaust tingling my nose. I do love going in straight lines but the feel of corners is also something else where I don't think you'll get that from a Tesla.

Yeah. We're conditioned to hear engines revving and exhaust sounds when we accelerate, or when we just start the car. It's jarring your instincts when you don't get any of that with the Teslas. Not that I think it counts as a strike against it - it's just different.

01RedDX
11-21-2017, 05:18 PM

Gestalt
11-21-2017, 06:44 PM
That acceleration feeling is legit. I saw the videos of people freaking out and thought it was an exaggeration until I experienced it myself, and I almost crapped myself.

Yeah. We're conditioned to hear engines revving and exhaust sounds when we accelerate, or when we just start the car. It's jarring your instincts when you don't get any of that with the Teslas. Not that I think it counts as a strike against it - it's just different.
My boss has a p85d. Its an amazing driver. I never liked flash, stickers or huge wings and loud cars. All the things uselsss for perofrmance. I dont miss the noise or the smells. For Sure.

The boss is excited about the roadster. If they do a deposit like our 3, we will do it, by the time its ready for delivery well be able to afford it. :rofl:

JRSC00LUDE
11-21-2017, 07:39 PM
My boss has a p85d. Its an amazing driver. I never liked flash, stickers or huge wings and loud cars. All the things uselsss for perofrmance. I dont miss the noise or the smells. For Sure.

The boss is excited about the roadster. If they do a deposit like our 3, we will do it, by the time its ready for delivery well be able to afford it. :rofl:

You should knick-name it "The Honeywagon".

rage2
11-21-2017, 08:44 PM
Founders edition is $250k (full price) deposit. Regular joe can put down a $50k deposit. Have friends in high places in Silicon Valley, 3 people I know with way too much money paid the full $250k for founders edition haha. They've made enough money on Tesla stock that it's a drop in the bucket. So put your money where your mouth is and put down the $50k deposit.

BavarianBeast
11-21-2017, 10:08 PM
What a bunch of faggots

Gestalt
11-22-2017, 12:14 AM
Founders edition is $250k (full price) deposit. Regular joe can put down a $50k deposit. Have friends in high places in Silicon Valley, 3 people I know with way too much money paid the full $250k for founders edition haha. They've made enough money on Tesla stock that it's a drop in the bucket. So put your money where your mouth is and put down the $50k deposit.

It might happen. Well see how the holidays and bonuses are this year.

JRSC00LUDE
11-22-2017, 07:29 AM
It might happen. Well see how the holidays and bonuses are this year.

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

:bullshit: