PDA

View Full Version : Basement layout drawing

craigcd
11-17-2017, 03:05 PM
Just wondering if anybody knows of a free(or almost free) program that can assist me in laying out my basement in preparation for my permit. I did my deck drawing by hand and it was a bit time consuming(I may have over done it) and the basement is bigger and may evolve before I get to the final product.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

JfuckinC
11-17-2017, 03:23 PM
I think Google SketchUp is the preferred method?

Edit: Maybe its only 3D i dunno, i've never used it, i have a couple seats of CAD.. Just do it in 3D! haha

legendboy
11-17-2017, 04:51 PM
download autocad trial or try draftsight

or come over and i'll whip it up for ya :)

mr2mike
11-17-2017, 05:17 PM
Get the outer area of your basement into SketchUp and then print a bunch. Get an idea of what you'd like with pencil. Then go back and draw up in sketch up with actual dimensions.
Print and then tweak a bit.

craigcd
11-17-2017, 07:46 PM

If i cant get it sorted I might do that or I will get it 90% of the way and then get you to do the final copy- thanks buddy!

- - - Updated - - -

Get the outer area of your basement into SketchUp and then print a bunch. Get an idea of what you'd like with pencil. Then go back and draw up in sketch up with actual dimensions.
Print and then tweak a bit.

This is sounds like a good starting point, thanks!

- - - Updated - - -

I think Google SketchUp is the preferred method?

Edit: Maybe its only 3D i dunno, i've never used it, i have a couple seats of CAD.. Just do it in 3D! haha

Thanks!

BerserkerCatSplat
11-17-2017, 08:14 PM
I scanned my original build plans and then marked them up in Photoshop. Basic but got the job done.

Tik-Tok
11-17-2017, 08:32 PM
I used MS Paint :rofl:

craigcd
11-17-2017, 08:49 PM
Was trying to avoid paint haha but it did cross my mind. Watched a couple vids sketchup doesn't look to bad. Can start basic and layer on crap later if needed!

Jonel
11-17-2017, 09:57 PM
Depending on how much detail you want, you can check out ArchiCAD, Onshape or as previously mentioned Sketchup. With the former 2 you can create blocks for what you need and just add and orient it how you need it. Onshape works great on tablets/smartphones if you want to play around with your model on the go. If you need to do just a quick basic drawing with dimensions then definitely would recommend Sketchup.

craigcd
11-18-2017, 09:36 PM

Hey legendboy your phone number still the same? Might get you to do a basic layout for me if you dont mind..... and I can print them as needed and sketch over top. My computer graphic card isnt good enough for sketchup haha.

legendboy
11-19-2017, 10:23 AM
yep