PDA

View Full Version : Elliptical trainer- Good Brand and where to buy

apkking
11-23-2017, 09:54 AM
Does anybody recommend a good place to buy an Elliptical trainer in Calgary. I know some places where there is no proper warranty or after service if required.

What Brands do you recommend. Is buying from Costco.ca cheaper ?

Maxx Mazda
11-23-2017, 10:35 AM
Gym membership for 5 years will still be cheaper than an elliptical. And you’ll actually go and work out instead of just having it in your house for a month where you use it and then it collects dust.

Pacman
11-23-2017, 10:51 AM
I bought a Life Fitness brand 7 years ago. It's been used 3-4 times per week, consistently for 1.5 hours each time with no issues at all.

roopi
11-23-2017, 10:54 AM
Wife uses a Precor from Fitness Depot. She's had it for about 7-8 years and never had an issue and it is used regularly. You can get discounted prices from Fitness Depot as well.

Seth1968
11-23-2017, 11:32 AM
Gym membership for 5 years will still be cheaper than an elliptical. And you’ll actually go and work out instead of just having it in your house for a month where you use it and then it collects dust.

A gym membership often collects dust as well. That's probably a good thing unless you like sharing crotch juice.

Maxx Mazda
11-23-2017, 11:54 AM
A gym membership often collects dust as well. That's probably a good thing unless you like sharing crotch juice.

Why would a gym membership collect dust? Maybe if you’re THAT unmotivated, but if that’s the case you likely wouldn’t use your elliptical either. I used to go to the gym everyday, and while fitness is great, it was consuming a large portion of my life. I’d spend half the day sometimes working out. Now, I find 4 days a week for 1-2 hours each time is plenty to keep me in shape and allow me to still have a life outside the gym.

Also, I need my fix of crotch juice.

Seth1968
11-23-2017, 12:24 PM
Why would a gym membership collect dust?

The rest of your post answered that.

Again, the real question isn't about cardio, but rather looks.

Also, crotch juice should now be a thing.

cycosis
11-25-2017, 02:33 PM
Kijiji. Educate yourself on what features you want. Do you want lots of programs? Adjustable stride length? Be able to go in reverse? Adjustable elevation? Settings for multiple users?

I scoured kijiji for a couple weeks and scored huge. Got a Precor 5.25 for $150!!!! Only thing it doesnt have is stride length adjustment but I find it comfy and so does the wife. Thing had hardly been used. I got to peel the clear film off the metal letters!

You don't need to spend thousands.

https://i.imgur.com/OzdHPBz.jpg

suntan
11-25-2017, 04:20 PM
Precors are excellent. That was a steal.

01RedDX
11-25-2017, 04:39 PM

ExtraSlow
11-26-2017, 10:17 AM
Off topic but anyone know of a source for replacement precor belts or someone who would service one? I've got an old one that's squeaky and I think a new belt would do wonders.

roopi
11-26-2017, 11:02 AM
Off topic but anyone know of a source for replacement precor belts or someone who would service one? I've got an old one that's squeaky and I think a new belt would do wonders.

Call Fitness Depot and they can give you the contact info for service.

cycosis
11-26-2017, 10:25 PM
Fitness west is apparently the designated service provider for Calgary