PDA

View Full Version : Do you put up Christmas lights?

v2kai
11-26-2017, 04:30 PM
Although we're not religious in the traditional sense, we put lights up and celebrate Christmas; although for us it's more a time for family with a touch of consumerism. I grew up with Christmas lights on our house and a neighborhood that almost universally took part (small town). I feel it 'warms up' the neighborhood in the darker winter months. Even when we rented our little condo we would put up lights on the balcony railing. Just curious how many beyonders put up exterior Christmas lights.

SKR
11-26-2017, 04:52 PM
My house had Christmas lights on it when I bought it 4 years ago. I've never taken them down, and I've never turned them on.

Tik-Tok
11-26-2017, 05:13 PM
Yes, mostly at my wife's request. Unlikely I would if she didn't ask.

BavarianBeast
11-26-2017, 05:27 PM
I purchased rights to an awesome system and started up a company in Calgary last year that installs permanent Christmas lights - www.trimlight.net. They are hardly visible in the day and blend right into your soffit/fascia. Absolutely stunning and bright at night.

I sold the company a short while back but they are going stronger than ever. I installed them on my house and they are amazing - zero complaints and I don’t have a vested interest anymore. Easy to use and so many options/combinations. I had them strobe orange and purple for Halloween and everyone loved them.

Worth checking out!

Not cheap but beats the hell outta putting up mediocre lights every year.

botox
11-27-2017, 12:38 PM
Yes, mainly for kids and I'm lazy so I leave them up all year round. Nothing religious and don't care about the extra electrical costs that are marginal cause I only use the LED lights. Works great for anyone looking for your house anytime of year cause it sticks out like a sore thumb in the middle of summer :)

gretz
11-27-2017, 01:46 PM
If sticking an epileptic triggering flood light in the front yard counts, then yes, yes i do

tha_bandit
11-27-2017, 03:48 PM
yes, mostly at my wife's request. Unlikely i would if she didn't ask.

truth!

speedog
11-27-2017, 06:37 PM
Lights put up today. Multicoloured on the house, blue on the lilac bush out front and bobbles on the two spruce trees out front as well.

Thaco
11-27-2017, 07:59 PM
i have RGB led strips inside my windows frames with blackout shades inside so the light illuminates the window, that way they can stay up year round and you never really notice them.

speedog
11-27-2017, 08:34 PM
Very Christmasy?

spikerS
11-27-2017, 09:58 PM
i put up lights, but i do the ultimate lazy way. I bought one of those laser deals where I stick in in the front lawn, and it projects like a million little red and green laser dots that move all over the front of my house.

gretz
11-28-2017, 09:35 AM
i have RGB led strips inside my windows frames with blackout shades inside so the light illuminates the window, that way they can stay up year round and you never really notice them.

Red light district 2017