PDA

View Full Version : Had a collision in Edmonton on the weekend.

nzwasp
12-03-2017, 12:42 PM
In Edmonton I was turning right at the intersection of 167th ave and 91 st. I had a red light but was turning right. A car was in the left lane of 91st starting to go straight. 91st st had two lanes after the intersection and my lane was clear so I turned. After I was in my lane she hit her passenger door on my front quarter panel and then pulled over in front of me. She immediately said sorry and asked if we were ok.

I reported the accident to intact (through touchstone) and she also was with intact. I said she hit me as I had already cleared the intersection. I told my story to the cops and got the police file number. Fast forward to this morning another cop called me accusing me of being at fault the lady said I hit her in the intersection then told me to tell him my passenger details and said he would update the report.
He also disagreed that there are two lanes on 91 st even though it’s clearly marked.
I haven’t signed to say I was at fault so I don’t know if he had updated the report to say I said that it was even though I haven’t. I thought that police were supposed to be impartial. There were no witnesses that Stopped to give info.

When I talked to intact they waived my deductible and said I was not at fault due to where the damage was located.

Now I’m not sure where I stand with either insurance or police report. My car is being assessed and fixed on Tuesday next week

Also I really hope I had accident forgiveness on my insurance if it’s deemed my fault

ShermanEF9
12-03-2017, 01:00 PM
did you turn northbound or southbound onto 91 st?

blairtruck
12-03-2017, 01:15 PM
most definitely 2 lanes. except south
https://www.google.ca/maps/@53.6287892,-113.4813242,136m/data=!3m1!1e3?hl=en

Tik-Tok
12-03-2017, 02:14 PM
Just to clarify it in my head here, you were going Westbound on 167th, and were turning right onto Northbound 91st, and she was already on 91st going Northbound through the lights?

nzwasp
12-03-2017, 02:24 PM
Yes tik tok that’s correct

revelations
12-03-2017, 02:29 PM
Bill might chime in again, but essentially the police and insurance have very little to do with each other in cases like this (esp. with no witnesses). You still might get a ticket (which might be wrong) even if the insurance co. determines youre not at fault.

nzwasp
12-03-2017, 02:33 PM
The cop didn’t mention anything about a potential ticket I didn’t do anything illegal. I would think if it’s he said she said then the insurance company would rule it as that but I guess I will see

lilmira
12-03-2017, 02:33 PM
hmm, which lane is she supposed to go to after the intersection? It looks like the left lane is aligned but there is no clear marking.

revelations
12-03-2017, 03:37 PM
The cop didn’t mention anything about a potential ticket I didn’t do anything illegal. I would think if it’s he said she said then the insurance company would rule it as that but I guess I will see

Its going to be a he said she said, unless the other driver admits fault or you have a dash cam (EVERYONE should).

If her door hit your FRONT quarter panel, there is no way to prove who merged into who.

NissanFanBoy
12-03-2017, 04:29 PM
No dash cam?

nzwasp
12-03-2017, 06:25 PM
Unfortunately not