PDA

View Full Version : Squirrels scaling side of house

RawB8figure
12-08-2017, 10:24 AM
Anyone have an tips on how to get squirrels to stop climbing all over the house? I was amazed to see how easily they can scale the side of a house which wakes my 4 month old from naps and bedtime.
This started about a month and a half ago as a couple of my neighbors started clearing out there over grown yards, which is were I think these squirrels were residing.

firebane
12-08-2017, 10:37 AM
Anyone have an tips on how to get squirrels to stop climbing all over the house? I was amazed to see how easily they can scale the side of a house which wakes my 4 month old from naps and bedtime.
This started about a month and a half ago as a couple of my neighbors started clearing out there over grown yards, which is were I think these squirrels were residing.

Not much you can do. We get them running across our roof and our dog goes nuts.

ExtraSlow
12-08-2017, 01:20 PM
Pellet gun.

Mitsu3000gt
12-08-2017, 02:38 PM
Can they still climb smooth aluminium siding?

D'z Nutz
12-08-2017, 03:28 PM
Had that problem before. Only solution that worked for me was to trap them and relocate them. I ended up taking them all the way out to Chestermere to make sure they wouldn't find their way back hahaha

https://forums.beyond.ca/threads/212153-Looking-for-squirrel-rodent-traps

NoSup4U
12-08-2017, 04:03 PM
Pellet gun.

Sadly, the best option.

I've installed a bunch of pigeon spikes and the bastards figured out how to navigate them. It's almost like I just built them an American Ninja Warrior gym. Also have tried fake owls, covering everything in cayenne pepper, and all those other "remedies" and nothing seems to phase them.

I just gave up and named them.

Tik-Tok
12-08-2017, 05:13 PM

If waking your infant is the only reason you want to get rid of them, you may as well not bother. As we learned with ours, if it's not one thing, it's another that'll wake them up. Having them get used to sounds happening while sleeping will be better in the long run then them needing absolute silence. White noise or a fan might help though, it definitely did with ours.

Sugarphreak
12-09-2017, 10:21 AM

ExtraSlow
12-09-2017, 10:45 AM
On the topic of white noise, those dedicated machines are crap. Get a cheap tablet and load the sound files. You'll be happier.

speedog
12-09-2017, 11:33 AM

Seth1968
12-09-2017, 12:24 PM
I just gave up and named them.

:rofl:

Let's start a thread about the most profound quotes.

And no, I'm not referring to cliche and dangerous quotes such as, never give up, you can be president, or any lame and disingenuous quote that says disabled people are capable of anything that non-disabled are capable of.

My first would be:

Assume nothing, always confirm.

RawB8figure
12-10-2017, 03:15 PM
Thanks for the info, I will buy trap and relocate them.

JRSC00LUDE
12-10-2017, 07:37 PM
White noise machine?

And just why does it have to be WHITE exactly?!?

TYMSMNY
12-10-2017, 10:53 PM
And just why does it have to be WHITE exactly?!?
because colorist.

You're 4mo old must be a super light sleeper. Is he/she warm enough? usually helps.