PDA

View Full Version : Questions about cashing out BTC

Hero_X
12-11-2017, 01:01 AM
Hey beyonders,

So I have a minimal amount of BTC that I would like to cash out. I've read that Quadriga and kraken are good places to cash out. But the problem is, my BTC are in 'Jaxx wallet'. I checked quadriga and it requests to transfer the BTC from my current wallet. Doing this is going to cost me mining fees (which aren't cheap, or aren't cheap to me as my amount isn't very high).

I have the private and public keys for my btc. Is there anyway I can use these to just get access to my BTC in one of those exchanges? I know the exchanges will charge me to cash out but I'm trying to lower my losses as much as possible.

If this is not possible, what would u recommend in my particular scenario? Plz share your ideas. THank you!

ercchry
12-11-2017, 01:37 AM
Post em up in the thread in ask Leo... I’m sure a beyonder would buy them

jacky4566
12-11-2017, 10:54 AM
You have to pay a fee. Transaction fees are what sustains the network and provides incentive for miners. If you want to be elcheapo then only submit a small fee like $0.15. However remember that miners will preference transactions with higher fees and so it could take a while before your transaction will be accepted.

Unfortunately this is the state of bitcoin right now. Due to high volumes the market rate for a 'fair' transaction is insane!

If you own such a small amount then sit on it for a few years. Who knows, could be 100k/coin next year. Or zero.

Kobe
12-11-2017, 08:37 PM
Yah post it in the thread I made if it's a smaller amount (I've sold prob 10 times on beyond) It will be the cheapest way, if you transfer off from Quad you will pay a fee to deposit there + cashout (I think)

Fee's are super high right now (Around $30USD for $3k?) when i sold some a few days ago.

It has it's benefits of not losing on exchange rates if the markets pay out in USD and charge a fee for CAD as well..

NEVER EVER post your keys online, if you ever post your key anywhere make sure you transfer your BTC to another wallet ASAP! (This is really big with Bitcoin Cash) -

Also if you use a 15cent fee right now the transaction will never go through. pay the recommended fee. can discuss buyer/seller on beyond to split it or charge an extra 0.5% or .1% to cover the fee.

1+ if the money isn't a lot, i'd just hodl (I sell becuase I get paid in BTC on a site) and sell a % usually...