PDA

View Full Version : Disney acquires 21st Century Fox

D'z Nutz
12-14-2017, 04:06 PM
I guess when you can't add X-men and Fantastic Four to MCU then you just go buy Fox haha

The agreement also provides Disney with the opportunity to reunite the X-Men, Fantastic Four and Deadpool with the Marvel family under one roof and create richer, more complex worlds of inter-related characters and stories that audiences have shown they love.

rage2
12-14-2017, 04:33 PM
Looking forward to Simpsons at Disneyland.

blitz
12-14-2017, 04:37 PM
I hope they don’t fuck with Deadpool.

rage2
12-14-2017, 05:00 PM
I hope they don’t fuck with Deadpool.
Considering 1/2 of Tarantino's films came out under Disney ownership, I don't think that'll be a problem. Don't expect Deadpool to open up with a Disney open though. :rofl:

BigDL
12-14-2017, 05:31 PM
oh now then can use the word mutant again yay!

Kavy
12-15-2017, 01:50 AM
They wanted Hulu so they have a portal for the Disney streaming service. With the net neutrality decision they will make a killing having all their media be only housed on their service.

rage2
12-15-2017, 08:50 AM
They wanted Hulu so they have a portal for the Disney streaming service. With the net neutrality decision they will make a killing having all their media be only housed on their service.
Possibly, but I doubt it. They've already been building a mega portal to encompass all Disney libraries set to launch when the Netflix deal expires. They own the company that built streaming for the majority of services out there today, from MLB to NHL to HBO to Hulu, so yea, they can literally launch a new platform overnight if they wanted to.

JordanEG6
12-15-2017, 09:59 AM
From another Forum

The deal values the 21st Century Fox assets in the transaction at $66.1 billion, including $13.7 billion in 21st Century Fox debt, or $28 a share. The enterprise value of the deal is $69 billion.

- Disney chairman-CEO Bob Iger has extended his contract with the company for another two years, through the end of 2021, in order to oversee the integration of the assets.

- 21st Century Fox shareholders will receive 0.2745 Disney shares for each Fox share held, giving Fox shareholders about 25% of Disney.

- 21st Century Fox will spinoff Fox Broadcasting Co., Fox Sports, Fox News, Fox Television Stations and a handful of other assets into a new company that will have revenue of $10 billion and earnings of about $2.8 billion. The 20th Century Fox lot in Century City will also remain with the spinoff Fox company.

- 21st Century Fox will continue to pursue its acquisition of the remaining 61% stake in Euro satcaster Sky that it does not already own with the intention of Disney taking it over when the Disney-Fox transaction is completed.

Disney expects to realize $2 billion in cost savings from combining Disney and Fox’s overlapping businesses within two years of the deal’s closing.
Disney expects the regulatory review of the acquisition to take as long as 18 months.

It will be at least 2 years until we see any FF aor X-Men MCU movies. But rumor has it that Disney/Kevin Feige haven't released the title for Avengers 4 because it may have something to do with the Fox purchase and the Phase 4 of MCU going Cosmic, I personally think the next phase will include Fantastic 4 and Galactus and/or Silver Surfer.

Regarding Deadpool, looks like they're going to remain R-Rated.

Inzane
12-16-2017, 12:11 PM
Forget about the marvel stuff for a sec. What I really want to know is....

WILL WE FINALLY GET THE ORIGINAL THEATRICAL CUT STAR WARS TRILOGY???

Fox having ownership/distribution rights to the original movies had been listed as one of the reasons/excuses up until now.