PDA

View Full Version : Great deal for data: BYOP minutes and 10 gigs - $60. BELL

Pages : [1] 2 3

Darkane
12-14-2017, 06:39 PM
http://forums.redflagdeals.com/bell-hot-bell-byod-60-10gbs-bc-ab-2154216/

I’ll probably try to get Telus to match this after I see their hardware sale on Monday. M

Loyalty told me to call back and see what was available this Monday the 18th.

Boxing week sale.

roopi
12-14-2017, 08:42 PM
Rogers and Fido are both offering this as well.

Darkane
12-14-2017, 09:33 PM

Yep, looks like Telus will follow suit too.

Excellent.

rage2
12-14-2017, 09:59 PM
Was at market mall tonight. It was all over every store in the mall.

taemo
12-14-2017, 10:43 PM
too late for my wife, she switched to Freedom on Sunday.
Iphone 8 64GB for 75$/month for the next 24 months.

I'm rocking her rose gold Iphone 6s 64GB now until I decide to get an 8+ or an X :rofl:

HiSpec
12-14-2017, 10:51 PM
Shitty deal is that it is only for 24 months. After that it is $60/5gb.

Escape
12-15-2017, 10:14 AM
Shitty deal is that it is only for 24 months. After that it is $60/5gb.

there will likely be something better by then.
Koodo $60 plan is 10gb forever

Mostwanted
12-15-2017, 10:18 AM
Been following all the RFD threads, seems like Bell has it 10gigs forever, not like the rogers 5+5 plan.
Heard about the customer service rep about Bell, is it that bad? I want to jump on this since its cheaper than my Roger plan, but would rather go to Telus or Koodo depending on coverage

LilDrunkenSmurf
12-15-2017, 10:23 AM
Been following all the RFD threads, seems like Bell has it 10gigs forever, not like the rogers 5+5 plan.
Heard about the customer service rep about Bell, is it that bad? I want to jump on this since its cheaper than my Roger plan, but would rather go to Telus or Koodo depending on coverage

I never had issues with Bell, but I would likely end up on Koodo out of all the choices so far. Currently on Virgin's $45/4GB plan, but I'll likely swap me and the wife over later today either back to Bell, or to Koodo.

Bell/Telus/Koodo/Virgin are all the same network/towers, which IMO is better than the Rogers/Fido network.

JfuckinC
12-15-2017, 10:36 AM
So if im already with telus will i be able to get them to switch me to this? I want a new phone too haha..

LilDrunkenSmurf
12-15-2017, 10:49 AM
So if im already with telus will i be able to get them to switch me to this? I want a new phone too haha..

If you get a hardware upgrade, and do the $85/month option, yes you can stay with telus. If you don't want a new phone, you'll need to jump ship.
Unless you're mid-contract.

roopi
12-15-2017, 10:50 AM

Telus most likely won't. Just port your number to Koodo. Its the same network/company. As for a new phone this plan is for bring your own device.

rx7boi
12-15-2017, 10:50 AM
I'm currently paying $65 + $5 Caller ID for a grandfathered 6GB Super Plan. I like having MY10 though.

I'm considering changing to the $60 plan. After 2 years I'm only losing 1GB of data.

I already have a Samsung S7. If I get the $85 plan, I can choose between a Samsung Galaxy S7 or Google Pixel 2 64GB, but technically I'd be paying $600 for the phone over 2 years ($25*24mo)

Brent.ff
12-15-2017, 11:07 AM
Existing customer with Bell. First person on the line had no fukin idea what i was talking about. got thrown on hold for 10 minutes, someone else picked up, and i had it matched in 30 seconds.. Least i dont have to go to the mall

jltabot
12-15-2017, 11:16 AM

For those considering Rogers and Fido, be careful as its 5+5GB for 24 months only, then reverts to 5GB after 2 years. With Koodo, its 10GB indefinitely.

Slight differences, Fido also includes visual voicemail and I THINK* spotify for 6 months. Either way, I'm just waiting until enough existing Koodo customers request a plan change so I don't have to go through hoops of porting out/in.

88CRX
12-15-2017, 11:21 AM
For those considering Rogers and Fido, be careful as its 5+5GB for 24 months only, then reverts to 5GB after 2 years. With Koodo, its 10GB indefinitely.

Slight differences, Fido also includes visual voicemail and I THINK* spotify for 6 months. Either way, I'm just waiting until enough existing Koodo customers request a plan change so I don't have to go through hoops of porting out/in.

But in 2 years you would renew and get a new phone/contract anyways, no?

Can you get this deal by just going into a Rogers store? Dealing with them over the phone is literally the worst.

Brent.ff
12-15-2017, 11:22 AM
But in 2 years you would renew and get a new phone/contract anyways, no?

Can you get this deal by just going into a Rogers store? Dealing with them over the phone is literally the worst.

If you get grandfathered in, and the plans suck, then no, i wouldn't assume you'd get a new phone/contract. Lots of times can save a wack of money by being in a grandfathered plan and buying phone outright

Mostwanted
12-15-2017, 11:28 AM
Switching over from Rogers to Bell. First time ever switching carriers. Do i call Bell then Rogers to infrom them of the switch or can Bell help me do everything? No contract been a month to month with Rogers.

jltabot
12-15-2017, 11:31 AM
Yes, you should be able to go to ANY retailer if you want the plan changed. In 2 years, I rather keep the current plan than sign any contract for a device "subsidy." Which don't make sense anymore anyways. I haven't been on contract for 10+ years. This plan is also BYOP, so after the 2 years and wanting to upgrade, you'd be forced to choose an in-market plan (most likely worse) to be eligible for a phone upgrade.

- - - Updated - - -

Switching over from Rogers to Bell. First time ever switching carriers. Do i call Bell then Rogers to infrom them of the switch or can Bell help me do everything? No contract been a month to month with Rogers.

Just go to bell (bring an old bill or account number), don't worry about cancelling anything with Rogers. Once Bell has you activated and you've ported your number, it automatically cancels your rogers service (prorated). Rogers will send you a final bill and that'll be it.

msommers
12-15-2017, 11:32 AM
Is Koodo only offering this plan in-store?

jltabot
12-15-2017, 11:35 AM
Is Koodo only offering this plan in-store?

Apparently not. Some people are reporting being able to switch over the phone. But YMMV depending on your rep.

JfuckinC
12-15-2017, 11:36 AM
If you get a hardware upgrade, and do the $85/month option, yes you can stay with telus. If you don't want a new phone, you'll need to jump ship.
Unless you're mid-contract.

$85 Overall or on top? i pay a shit load more than $85 a month already haha.. so if i can do $85 overall for new phone and this plan im winning big time..

Ahh i see BYOD, bring your own device lol.. I've got 7mths left on my contract though, i just checked.. i pay like 120+/mth

Mostwanted
12-15-2017, 11:36 AM
Yes, you should be able to go to ANY retailer if you want the plan changed. In 2 years, I rather keep the current plan than sign any contract for a device "subsidy." Which don't make sense anymore anyways. I haven't been on contract for 10+ years. This plan is also BYOP, so after the 2 years and wanting to upgrade, you'd be forced to choose an in-market plan (most likely worse) to be eligible for a phone upgrade.

- - - Updated - - -

Just go to bell (bring an old bill or account number), don't worry about cancelling anything with Rogers. Once Bell has you activated and you've ported your number, it automatically cancels your rogers service (prorated). Rogers will send you a final bill and that'll be it.

Thanks! Ill do just that hopefully theres not a massive line up in any of the Bell stores LOL. I dont think this is a 2 year contract, not to sure though. I do buy my phones upright to avoid contracts ive been off contract with rogers for 8 years had the Grandfathered Super Student Plan ever since, hopefully Bell grandfathers this plan after a couple years

roopi
12-15-2017, 11:46 AM

Just posted on RFD

https://z.dam-img.rfdcontent.com/cms/003/741/573/570x760_smart_fit.jpg

jltabot
12-15-2017, 11:47 AM
$85 Overall or on top? i pay a shit load more than $85 a month already haha.. so if i can do $85 overall for new phone and this plan im winning big time..

Ahh i see BYOD, bring your own device lol.. I've got 7mths left on my contract though, i just checked.. i pay like 120+/mth

7 months isn't that much in cancellation fees (I'm guessing). Would be worth the savings with more data IMO. Why not pay the $60+25/month and get a new phone while you're at it.

JfuckinC
12-15-2017, 11:49 AM
7 months isn't that much in cancellation fees (I'm guessing). Would be worth the savings with more data IMO. Why not pay the $60+25/month and get a new phone while you're at it.

Yah, its $195 ($145 device+$50 early exit) to cancel, so after 5 months i'd be saving $45-50 a month already... and have a new phone. I'll prob call them this afternoon! Then Chester will stop making fun of my Tiny Little Iphone Se screen lol..

msommers
12-15-2017, 11:57 AM
Just posted on RFD

https://z.dam-img.rfdcontent.com/cms/003/741/573/570x760_smart_fit.jpg

Damn, that's not permanent either.

I'm going to go over to the mall and check into this, they have everyone including Freedom, who seems to be having a great deal if you get an iPhone 8 too.

https://www.freedommobile.ca/

I'll check if Koodo is 5+5 or what.

https://www.koodomobile.com/

Brent.ff
12-15-2017, 12:08 PM
Freedom is crap for coverage, as a heads up

jltabot
12-15-2017, 12:13 PM
Damn, that's not permanent either.

I'm going to go over to the mall and check into this, they have everyone including Freedom, who seems to be having a great deal if you get an iPhone 8 too.

https://www.freedommobile.ca/

I'll check if Koodo is 5+5 or what.

https://www.koodomobile.com/

It's confirmed that Koodo's is 10GB. None of this 5+5 BS. See post #394

https://forums.redflagdeals.com/koodo-60-mo-10gb-byod-hot-2154413/27/

msommers
12-15-2017, 12:24 PM
Yep confirmed. Sitting in the store now and switching over

saiyajin
12-15-2017, 12:26 PM
Currently with Fido and they wouldn't do anything to match or give to existing customer, with pretty much everyone offering this which carrier is best? I am learning towards switching to Bell

hurrdurr
12-15-2017, 12:35 PM
Been a Rogers customer for the past 15 years. Have a super expensive plan that I hate. I called they told me my plan is the best they can offer.

I owe them $200 on TAB meaning i can basically pay that and move to bell and save that after 3 months.

Peace Rogers.

msommers
12-15-2017, 12:36 PM
Koodo was great when I was with then before awicltching to much cheaper Freedom/Wind and now just switched back. The network is much more reliable and with this permanent 10Gb deal, the extra cost is worth it to me.

lamp_shade_2000
12-15-2017, 12:37 PM
I'm paying to get out of my plan with Telus and move to Koodo since telus wouldnt offer anything close. Glad I saw this post.

Mostwanted
12-15-2017, 12:45 PM
Confirmed Gf just called Bell (existing customer) Switch her plan to this one and she said its not a 5+5 deal, like what is shown in the pics, maybe the Bell stores are just trying to get as much out of this? Online chat as well the rep told me its a 10gig permanent not a 5+5 might just do this over the phone or online and skip going to the mall

Xtrema
12-15-2017, 12:54 PM
Freedom is crap for coverage, as a heads up

Yeah, it's crap but at least it shakes the big 3 to match at least.

i would take Bell over Rogers/Fido. If Fido/Rogers won't give this to current customers, just switch to Bell.

roopi
12-15-2017, 12:56 PM
Currently with Fido and they wouldn't do anything to match or give to existing customer, with pretty much everyone offering this which carrier is best? I am learning towards switching to Bell

Port over to Rogers. It's the same company so you will have the same service.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm paying to get out of my plan with Telus and move to Koodo since telus wouldnt offer anything close. Glad I saw this post.

Telus will be offering this plan tomorrow.

JfuckinC
12-15-2017, 12:59 PM

Telus wont? i thought people were saying they're willing to match these plans?

Edit: Roopi answered my question i guess haha

sabad66
12-15-2017, 01:05 PM
what are bell's roaming packages like? do they come close to rogers/fido roam like home for $6 a day US/$10 for intl?

i was able to get rogers to change my plans to these, but i'm considering going to bell if it's permanent 10GB assuming they have good roaming plans

msommers
12-15-2017, 01:07 PM
Yeah, it's crap but at least it shakes the big 3 to match at least.

i would take Bell over Rogers/Fido. If Fido/Rogers won't give this to current customers, just switch to Bell.

Yep, absolutely!

Even though Bell eventually matched pricing, Koodo has it upfront as that's their deal (ie: 10 forever and not 5+5). Just so slimy of Bell to try and pull the wool over on people like that. For that reason alone, fuck Bell, go with Koodo. Same network so why not.

OTown
12-15-2017, 01:08 PM
I called the Bell store and they confirmed theirs was 60$ 10GB permanent with Canadawide unlimited calling/texting, display, VM, callwaiting, etc.

roopi
12-15-2017, 01:12 PM
what are bell's roaming packages like? do they come close to rogers/fido roam like home for $6 a day US/$10 for intl?

i was able to get rogers to change my plans to these, but i'm considering going to bell if it's permanent 10GB assuming they have good roaming plans

https://www.bell.ca/Mobility/Roam-Better

Just make sure you have access to them with this plan. I'm not sure if all plans do.

jltabot
12-15-2017, 01:25 PM
Just got off the phone with koodo. Some CSR's still don't know its available or can only be done in store. Requested to speak to "support" AKA retentions, and they did it for me no problem.

Woo! can finally stream while on the train haha

Perfect Dark
12-15-2017, 02:00 PM
- - - Updated - - -

Telus will be offering this plan tomorrow.

I'm right in the middle of trying to take my phone number from my corporate phone and the Telus rep gave me no indication of this...what a pain in the ass it's going to be to get my number released on a Saturday.

JfuckinC
12-15-2017, 02:02 PM
i feel like telus dropped the ball on this and so many people are probably switching away haha

roopi
12-15-2017, 02:18 PM
I'm right in the middle of trying to take my phone number from my corporate phone and the Telus rep gave me no indication of this...what a pain in the ass it's going to be to get my number released on a Saturday.

Again from RFD's:

https://s17.postimg.org/5dux5eiwf/679_F14_B1-2287-4_A9_F-_BD25-6_DD140_D5814_D.jpg

Asian_defender
12-15-2017, 02:25 PM
Looks like its time to make the switch to Telus, hard to pass this offer up. Even with the Freedom 35% codes

A2VR6
12-15-2017, 02:37 PM
Just got off the phone with koodo. Some CSR's still don't know its available or can only be done in store. Requested to speak to "support" AKA retentions, and they did it for me no problem.

Same here... it took about an hour on hold however but it was painless

ickyflex
12-15-2017, 03:03 PM
Some people are saying rogers will make the 10 permanent if you call back and tell them.

Hero_X
12-15-2017, 03:09 PM
Guys,

the bell deal is 10 gigs flat, not the 5+5 as rogers is doing.

Just signed up and my contract shows it as 10gb flat.

very good deal, considering bell's coverage!

saiyajin
12-15-2017, 04:40 PM
Guys,

the bell deal is 10 gigs flat, not the 5+5 as rogers is doing.

Just signed up and my contract shows it as 10gb flat.

very good deal, considering bell's coverage!

was this done in store? did you port from a different carrier or were you existing Bell customer?

beecue
12-15-2017, 07:00 PM

So you already have koodo right and just switched plans?

elite
12-15-2017, 07:50 PM
So you already have koodo right and just switched plans?

Call in and ask to speak to a CSR - will ask if you want a call back and say yes and they will call you back (took them an hour and fourty minutes to call me back). Once they call you back ask to speak to the loyalty department and they will transfer you. There is a wait time (just took me an hour and 14 minutes from this point). Once you get through mention you saw the ad for the 10 gb plan and you wanted to see if you could be switched to it. Rep did it for me no questions asked (had a tab which will just be added on to my bill next month to pay off). Took about 30 seconds once i got through. Many people are calling in hence the long wait times and they will switch you over.

roopi
12-15-2017, 08:04 PM
If anyone is switching over to Bell I posted over today at the 130th location and dealt with Rico and recommend going to see him. Excellent customer service and better deal then anyone else with some extra perks.

saiyajin
12-15-2017, 08:31 PM
If anyone is switching over to Bell I posted over today at the 130th location and dealt with Rico and recommend going to see him. Excellent customer service and better deal then anyone else with some extra perks.

Perks like what? PM if necessary

Chandler_Racing
12-15-2017, 10:58 PM
Thanks OP!

Purchased the $60 phone with Bell. Wife gets me a 35% discount.

Cheap as borscht now.

J.M.
12-15-2017, 11:15 PM
Bell or Koodo, which carrier is better? Any activation fees?

Currently have the 4GB Fido Plan (was $40, now $45 lol) from Black Friday 2016

JfuckinC
12-16-2017, 11:34 AM
Anyone have luck with telus? Going to phone them when I get to my office and wait on hold forever haha

Black Gts
12-16-2017, 11:40 AM
It's been tough to get through, store on 130th couldn't help me, 611 hung up on me a bunch, got the loyalty # 18004633919 they hung up a few times, currently on hold. I drove to south centre so I'll be switching to Koodo if they want won't match.

danno
12-16-2017, 12:09 PM
I waited 2 hours and then they hung up on me. That’s with telus.

msommers
12-16-2017, 12:19 PM
Honest question, why bother stay with Telus? For the time you guys have waited on the phone and dealt with all this nonsense you could have signed up with Koodo 5x by now. It's the exact same network.

Loyalty to a carrier gets you no-where these days. I was with Telus for over 10 years and they wouldn't even match a plan that Koodo was offering years ago.

JfuckinC
12-16-2017, 12:22 PM
Honest question, why bother stay with Telus? For the time you guys have waited on the phone and dealt with all this nonsense you could have signed up with Koodo 5x by now. It's the exact same network.

Loyalty to a carrier gets you no-where these days. I was with Telus for over 10 years and they wouldn't even match a plan that Koodo was offering years ago.

Honestly, Right now out of convenience lol.. I'm at the office today so i have time to sit on hold. If they hang up or something ill stroll over to the Core and switch probably though, i don't have any loyalty to them haha

Edit: has anyone got a new device with this plan for the aforementioned $85 though?! If i can't i wont really care, but if i can that wouldn't suck.

msommers
12-16-2017, 12:24 PM
I was going to send you to the Koodo website to sign up online, but the option doesn't even seem available now. I do recall seeing it front and center yesterday with something about the offer expiring Dec 18. Am I blind or is it actually gone lol?

thinmyster
12-16-2017, 12:32 PM
How long are these sales on for? Edit never mind posted above lol

Koodo = Telus coverage = bell coverage?

Twin_Cam_Turbo
12-16-2017, 12:44 PM
I’m definitely going to switch, been paying Rogers $85/month for the past four years for 6gb and unlimited with my devices purchased outright.

Darkane
12-16-2017, 01:05 PM
Thanks OP!

Purchased the $60 phone with Bell. Wife gets me a 35% discount.

Cheap as borscht now.

You’re quite welcome

msommers
12-16-2017, 01:13 PM
Koodo = Telus coverage = bell coverage?

As far as I understand, Koodo is a different company but under the Telus umbrella. Telus uses Bell's towers out east and Bell uses Telus' towers out west. All three of these have the same coverage and reception quality.

pheoxs
12-16-2017, 01:18 PM
Honestly, Right now out of convenience lol.. I'm at the office today so i have time to sit on hold. If they hang up or something ill stroll over to the Core and switch probably though, i don't have any loyalty to them haha

Edit: has anyone got a new device with this plan for the aforementioned $85 though?! If i can't i wont really care, but if i can that wouldn't suck.

I sent my coworker to get a new phone. She went with Bell, 85$ plan and got a iphone 8 plus 256gb for 650$ yesterday

Black Gts
12-16-2017, 01:29 PM
Same. Lines clear at 2hrs

bigboom
12-16-2017, 01:47 PM
I'm with Telus, device has nothing owing, was on hold for 1.5 hours this morning and they said they would have to call me back to see if they can do anything, I've been a Telus customer 13 years. Thinking I'm going to have to switch carriers at this point.

OTown
12-16-2017, 02:16 PM
was this done in store? did you port from a different carrier or were you existing Bell customer?

I went to one of the Bell retail stores (not the ones in the mall - avoid the lines) and they had no issues whatsoever. They waved the activation and gave free SIM card and off I went.

Bell plan: BYOD60 $60
Unlimited Canada Wide Anytime
10GB (forever - nonshareable)
Unlimited Canada Wide Text
Call Waiting/Display/Voicemail

JfuckinC
12-16-2017, 02:29 PM
Yah telus hung up on me, fuck em, im gunna go to bell haha

Black Gts
12-16-2017, 02:42 PM
So alerted my buddy, he was able to do his, pay out his wife's and, texted me for my pin and did mine. All existing customers, paid out his wife's balance, so it's there and worth the wait. They picked up at 115 mins haha. So share your pins with your friends haha.

JfuckinC
12-16-2017, 02:43 PM
My roomate said at the telus store they told him to switch providers lol!

ercchry
12-16-2017, 02:50 PM
Can someone confirm that this $60 bell plan includes their $6 usa roaming stuff? (Roam like home equivalent)

importracer
12-16-2017, 02:56 PM
I just switched my Virgin Plan and wife's Rogers plan to this deal.

Virgins offer was exactly like bell's where it is a straight 10 gigs; even beyond the 2 years.

Rogers originally said 5+5, however when I told them I was switching my wife's number to Virgin, they offered to match the plan.

Hope that info helps someone.

JfuckinC
12-16-2017, 03:14 PM
so i got through on telus online chat, The person did it quick no questions asked.

Edit: and it includes easy roam, they left my apple care on, and my visual voicemail. So my bill is $72 instead of $128. Thanks Darkane for starting this thread lol!

redblack
12-16-2017, 03:21 PM
Just switched to bell from Fido, it was quick and easy at the bell store. In and out in under 10 minutes

J-D
12-16-2017, 03:27 PM
Just switched to bell from Fido, it was quick and easy at the bell store. In and out in under 10 minutes

Switched yesterday evening and same experience, actually surprised how easy it is to switch nowadays... I haven't switched for a number of years but it used to be a nightmare to try and cancel service or switch your phone number over.

997TT
12-16-2017, 03:35 PM
Went in store to bell td core and was out in 10 min. Switched from Rogers.

Wife called Telus and they matched it even though she was an existing customer.

Sorath
12-16-2017, 03:50 PM
Can someone confirm that this $60 bell plan includes their $6 usa roaming stuff? (Roam like home equivalent)

Yes. but its $7 not $6

A2VR6
12-16-2017, 04:12 PM
Yes. but its $7 not $6

https://www.bell.ca/Mobility/Roam-Better/Roam_Better_with_home_data.tab
Looks like $6 to me?

Darkane
12-16-2017, 04:29 PM
so i got through on telus online chat, The person did it quick no questions asked.

Edit: and it includes easy roam, they left my apple care on, and my visual voicemail. So my bill is $72 instead of $128. Thanks Darkane for starting this thread lol!

Anything to help with cell plans. It’s gross how bad we get destroyed here for pricing.

Sorath
12-16-2017, 04:35 PM
https://www.bell.ca/Mobility/Roam-Better/Roam_Better_with_home_data.tab
Looks like $6 to me?

Sorry, did too much reading on phone plans, got confused with the Telus $7 easy roam lol

Sentry
12-16-2017, 04:36 PM
Took 3 hours of fucking around on hold, waiting for callbacks, transfers, etc. but I finally got my Bell plan switched to $60/10gb. No way in hell was I going to a mall a week before Christmas, FUCK that.

First two people insisted it was for new activations only, but since all three of the big carriers have the same deal right now it's very easy to threaten to cancel and switch. Eventually got through to the loyalty department and someone who could make it happen.

danno
12-16-2017, 04:39 PM
Got mine to work as well with telus took hours of work to get it but it’s nice to not have to work about data. The wierd thing I find is it’s not on a 2 year plan.

OTown
12-16-2017, 04:40 PM

I do believe it does as per my plan. I can look into it.

GreyFox
12-16-2017, 05:37 PM
Telus now has this posted on their website and I just got a BestBuy email with the deal saying Telus has been added as a carrier that offers the plan.

I don't need that much data but I'm going to try and call Telus to use this plan as a bargaining chip to get a bit more of something for my currently plan price.

My wife is with Rogers and she just signed a 2 year contract like 30 days ago. Was $100/mo for unlimited everything and 4GB of data with a supposed $15/mo loyalty reduction. It's crazy how often these companies come out with new plans to attract new customers instead of just satisfying customers they already have. Like mentioned earlier, loyalty means nothing anymore.

saiyajin
12-16-2017, 05:52 PM
So Fido is now offering to existing customers and is no longer 5gb+5gb for 24months and is now permanent 10gb so I just got them to give me that so I guess I will be staying with Fido

Escape
12-16-2017, 06:45 PM
I was going to send you to the Koodo website to sign up online, but the option doesn't even seem available now. I do recall seeing it front and center yesterday with something about the offer expiring Dec 18. Am I blind or is it actually gone lol?

there was a banner online yesterday, but you couldn't actually sign up online.
current customers have to call in (or port out and port in)
new customers can sign up at the store

The Cosworth
12-16-2017, 07:39 PM
Took 3 hours of fucking around on hold, waiting for callbacks, transfers, etc. but I finally got my Bell plan switched to $60/10gb. No way in hell was I going to a mall a week before Christmas, FUCK that.

First two people insisted it was for new activations only, but since all three of the big carriers have the same deal right now it's very easy to threaten to cancel and switch. Eventually got through to the loyalty department and someone who could make it happen.

Im looking forward to this battle tomorrow. :'(
Have the call back scheduled for 1pm.

Do you know if you can do these on share plans? I don't really need 10 / 10 gb, but I'll take it if I can.

Darkane
12-16-2017, 08:24 PM
Im looking forward to this battle tomorrow. :'(
Have the call back scheduled for 1pm.

Do you know if you can do these on share plans? I don't really need 10 / 10 gb, but I'll take it if I can.

Can't share unfortunately.

BokCh0y
12-16-2017, 10:51 PM
Thanks for all this info guys.

Called Rogers at 630, 56 minute hold. Got their $60 for 10gb deal. Girl told me they matched telus' offer halfway through the day, so no need to ask. But confirmed, no expiration date on the 10gb of data.

J.M.
12-16-2017, 11:39 PM
Switched to Bell tonight from Fido. Whole process was quite fast, probs less than 10 minutes like everyone else. Went to the Southcentre location around 9pm, I was the only person in the store lol

Thanks Darkane !

sabad66
12-17-2017, 10:32 AM
Telus now has this posted on their website and I just got a BestBuy email with the deal saying Telus has been added as a carrier that offers the plan.

I don't need that much data but I'm going to try and call Telus to use this plan as a bargaining chip to get a bit more of something for my currently plan price.

My wife is with Rogers and she just signed a 2 year contract like 30 days ago. Was $100/mo for unlimited everything and 4GB of data with a supposed $15/mo loyalty reduction. It's crazy how often these companies come out with new plans to attract new customers instead of just satisfying customers they already have. Like mentioned earlier, loyalty means nothing anymore.
You can still switch your wife’s plan even if she signed a contract 30 days ago. It will just be $85 if she has the premium tab.

My wife got a new phone 10 days ago and they switched us over no problem

Also don’t think it’s been mentioned yet but both Rogers and Fido sent a txt to everyone on this new plan yesterday indicating it’s 10gb permanent now

Chandler_Racing
12-17-2017, 01:32 PM
So what sparked the competition all of a sudden?

I've become accustomed to the rape with no lube and just accepted it.

jltabot
12-17-2017, 01:43 PM
So what sparked the competition all of a sudden?

I've become accustomed to the rape with no lube and just accepted it.

Freedom Mobile. Especially when they sweetened the deal by giving a substantial discount on new iPhones for signing a 2 year contract.

OTown
12-17-2017, 02:11 PM
Looks like Freedom lowered their 10GB plan to 50$. Unreal. If it wasnt for their crappy coverage id be all over that but I'll stick with the bigger guys for now

KrisYYC
12-17-2017, 02:46 PM
I do believe it does as per my plan. I can look into it.

Have you looked into yet by any chance?

I'm currently on a grandfathered Rogers corporate plan that gives me 5GB of data, unlimited calling North America, unlimited global text for $55/month.
5GB is enough data for me but the roaming on my plan sucks.

I'd consider switching if the roaming is better.

ercchry
12-17-2017, 03:01 PM
Impossible to get through to Rogers on chat or phone right now... going to cruise by their store on the way to bell for one last attempt... have an open ticket with them for about 3 weeks now... not impressed with that, so they are going to have to do more than just match this offer