PDA

View Full Version : Loblaws Bread-Fixing Scandal, Get Your Free $25 Gift Card!

dj_rice
12-20-2017, 10:28 AM
https://globalnews.ca/news/3926527/loblaw-gift-card-bread-price-fixing/

Loblaw Companies Ltd. is offering customers a $25 gift card as a goodwill gesture after admitting the company participated in an industry-wide bread price-fixing arrangement.

“This conduct should never have happened,” said Galen G. Weston, CEO, during a conference call with analysts Tuesday.

“The gift card is a direct acknowledgment of that to our customers. We hope that they’ll see it as a meaningful amount that demonstrates our commitment to keeping their trust and confidence,” he said in response to how the company arrived at the card’s $25 value.

Loblaw and George Weston Ltd. revealed Tuesday that they participated in an industry-wide bread price-fixing arrangement from late 2001 to March 2015, but tipped off Canada’s competition watchdog and will receive immunity in the ensuing investigation.

Customers can visit LoblawCard.ca and enter their email address to be notified once registration opens.

Masked Bandit
12-20-2017, 11:18 AM
Thanks!

rx7boi
12-20-2017, 11:22 AM
Thanks for the tip! Waiting 2.5 weeks just to get $25 :rofl:

How many of us will remember? *puts alert into Calendar*

I wonder who's going to get hit hardest from this scandal. If Loblaws made the first move for immunity, maybe something was coming down the pipeline and they made a deal preemptively.

If 6 million people cash in on the gift card, $150 million is chump change for the profits they made over the decade-plus long fix.

tonytiger55
12-20-2017, 12:13 PM

I wonder who's going to get hit hardest from this scandal. If Loblaws made the first move for immunity, maybe something was coming down the pipeline and they made a deal preemptively.

If 6 million people cash in on the gift card, $150 million is chump change for the profits they made over the decade-plus long fix.

Add to the fact that they don't really lose with the gift card.
I mean your going to going in spending more than $25. Its like CocaCola. The stores sell it as a loss because customers buy other items along side it.

J-hop
12-20-2017, 02:12 PM
As far as I know this doesn’t apply to calgary.

Swank
12-20-2017, 02:23 PM
$25 worth of free PC beer! Oh if only I could order it online and have it waiting for me when I get home :love:

NoSup4U
12-20-2017, 02:30 PM

Sign up in advance and they will email you when the registration opens :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Hell, $25 is a decent meal at home for 2, and you should never turn down a free meal

J-hop
12-20-2017, 02:31 PM
lol again pretty sure doesn’t apply to calgary

roopi
12-20-2017, 02:41 PM
lol again pretty sure doesn’t apply to calgary

Why are pretty sure that it doesn't? Care to provide a reason?

tonytiger55
12-20-2017, 02:45 PM
As far as I know this doesn’t apply to calgary.

roopi
12-20-2017, 02:49 PM
The article I read did mention Alberta so I'm curious why Calgary would not be included.

J-hop
12-20-2017, 02:50 PM
Why are pretty sure that it doesn't? Care to provide a reason?

Read the article, you have to provide some sort of indication that you bought the products at a Loblaws market prior to March 1, 2015.

Correct me if I’m wrong but didn’t the first Loblaws market in Calgary open just last year?

Might make that requirement difficult to meet :dunno:

Edit:

They will also have to declare that they bought certain packaged bread products at one of the eligible banner stores in Canada before March 1, 2015, he said.

Actually isn’t that the first one in Alberta so Alberta is excluded from this

taemo
12-20-2017, 02:56 PM
Read the article, you have to provide some sort of indication that you bought the products at a Loblaws market prior to March 1, 2015.

Correct me if I’m wrong but didn’t the first Loblaws market in Calgary open just last year?

Edit:

doesn't Loblaws own Shoppers Drug Mart as well?

bulaian
12-20-2017, 02:56 PM

Article says to "declare," not prove - probably a checkbox

Also, Loblaw Companies owns Superstore, which has been in Calgary since the 1990s

J-hop
12-20-2017, 02:59 PM
doesn't Loblaws own Shoppers Drug Mart as well?

That wouldn’t have any impact on this.

- - - Updated - - -

Also, Loblaw Companies owns Superstore, which has been in Calgary since the 1990s

I read into that although they are owned by Loblaws they essentially aren’t operated by them and pricing doesn’t carry over.

Plus this is specifically for Loblaws market from what I can tell. It’s for “banner stores”. Superstore is not a Loblaw banner store

You can try but they’ll no doubt tell you to pound sand

NoSup4U
12-20-2017, 03:08 PM

Edit:

Where the hell did you pull/ get the understanding this is only valid at "Loblaw's Market" (which is not even the name BTW, and has only existed as a brand since 2013).?!?!?!?! It blatantly states their banner stores. And yes, Superstore is.

Put down the eggnog, sign up, and enjoy your $25 card

ZenOps
12-20-2017, 03:14 PM
I'm also pretty sure Loblaws owns Superstore, of which Galen Weston owns 47%. Superstore most definitely sells Weston (westfair) made bread.

They sell about $45 Billion a year in food and take a "tiny" $623 million profit off of it. Though still, its made Galen Weston somewhere around the 2nd richest person in Canada. Taken from a commodity standpoint, having a pound of bread roughly equivalent in price to a pound of nickel - is preposterous if you look at actual labour needed. You could argue that you can't eat nickels (lets not forget than the Canadian loonie is technically nickel and has been since 1970 to 2012) but I leave that for another day. At $140 per ton wheat (7 cents per pound or so) the wheat to bread ratio is also preposterous if you consider mechanically produced bread.

I get the strongest feeling that Trump actually influenced this. He was already gunning for the Canadian dairy board and its practices, and especially the Softwood Lumber pricing. To bring bread back to "reality" to a more realistic USA type price, might have been politically necessary.

Pharma products are also in the middle of a huge price war. Shrelki, and some drugs instantly costing 100x more could be the norm.

J-hop
12-20-2017, 03:25 PM
Where the hell did you pull/ get the understanding this is only valid at "Loblaw's Market" (which is not even the name BTW, and has only existed as a brand since 2013).?!?!?!?! It blatantly states their banner stores. And yes, Superstore is.

Put down the eggnog, sign up, and enjoy your $25 card

Could be right but I’ve read that Loblaws doesn’t control superstore pricing as they effectively don’t operate superstore so they’re is a significant chance they aren’t included.

And yes their grocers are referred to as Loblaws city market

Edit:
Actually I think I might be wrong on this with superstore. It might be named in this.

Watched globals coverage and they named Atlantic Superstore which is distinct from real Canadian superstore so that’s questionable

Will be interested to see the results in January. But I won’t hold my breath

tonytiger55
12-20-2017, 03:37 PM
Could be right but I’ve read that Loblaws doesn’t control superstore pricing as they effectively don’t operate superstore so they’re is a significant chance they aren’t included.

Edit:
Actually I think I might be wrong on this with superstore. It might be named in this.

Oh god they do. They do.
Same with the other grocery stores and parent companies, they defo do.

NoSup4U
12-20-2017, 03:52 PM

Edit:

Trust me, majority of category management across their banners is controlled from the Loblaws head office, so wherever you read/ heard that is inaccurate. I was in Key Account Management at one point so I lived this personally. Pricing is set based on region and banner, so this might be where the confusion was extracted.

Nothing but gain by signing up :clap:

dj_rice
12-20-2017, 04:53 PM
Sobeys might be involved in this bread thing as well from reading another article.

ZenOps
12-20-2017, 05:18 PM
sN3iITo7gNA

suntan
12-20-2017, 05:27 PM

Edit:

Watched globals coverage and they named Atlantic Superstore which is distinct from real Canadian superstore so that’s questionable

Jesus Christ on a stick. You have no idea how anything works, do you? Well it certainly explains a lot of your other posts.

Seth1968
12-20-2017, 05:36 PM
Price fixing is common.

Why? Well greed, but more specifically, it's almost impossible to prove, let alone convict.

Occurring for over a decade, but somehow Loblaws just discovered it in their ranks. Uh huh :rofl:.

ZenOps
12-20-2017, 09:02 PM
Regardless, its pretty obvious that Superstore was in on the collusion whether directed to do so or not.

I mean seriously, they were bordering on a $5 loaf for some "specialty" grains. Literally prime rib pricing. Someone had to say something sooner or later, millennials don't know what things are supposed to be priced at - they just eat their $16 slice of avocado toast :P

Thing that is still a bargain: Bananas shipped from tropical climates. Even at 80 cents per pound compared to the 9 cents I grew up with, it is still quite a deal considering the shipping distance. If the banana apocalypse ever happens (again), it will be the saddest day ever.

RealJimmyJames
12-20-2017, 09:34 PM
Was the bread broken?

rx7boi
12-20-2017, 11:18 PM
Was the bread broken?

No, everyone just paid industry bro pricing for bread like dj_rice :rofl:

Supa Dexta
12-22-2017, 06:54 AM
Sobeys might be involved in this bread thing as well from reading another article.

Everything Ive heard out of their head office is that they are clear. The competition bureau came in and went thru everyone's computers, emails, texts, etc for the last 10 yrs and didn't find anything.

Also heard their new CEO is pretty pissed at Weston for implying they were in on it.

They came in FBI style in cheap suits and locked everything down and wouldn't tell anyone what they were looking for..

Will be interesting to see if the other retailers go after loblaws for lost business.

Edit - and so it begins.

https://www.bnn.ca/we-will-hold-you-responsible-sobeys-ceo-rips-into-weston-amid-price-fixing-scandal-1.950854

The Cosworth
12-22-2017, 07:53 AM

Didn't they also own IGA? Or did they buy it. Not sure. Either way.

Supa Dexta
12-22-2017, 09:10 AM
No that's sobeys

Supa Dexta
12-22-2017, 06:30 PM
Billion dollar class action filed:

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/sudbury/bread-price-fixing-class-action-1.4462416

And sobeys CEO leaked letter

http://www.macleans.ca/news/canada/bread-price-fixing-scandal-sobeys-fires-back-at-loblaw-and-galen-weston/

nykz
12-22-2017, 07:28 PM

Edit:

I used to work for Loblaws in Category Management/Pricing, the divisions we covered for Western Canada pricing included Superstore, Extrafoods, and Whole Sale Club. Its been a few years now but Loblaws definitely controls Superstore pricing.

ZenOps
12-22-2017, 08:56 PM
Compensation of $25 is like 7 days worth of bread if you a eat an expensive loaf - or two weeks if cheapy loaves, if you eat one every day?

Damn, white people got screwed. Most Asian types don't rely solely or some at all, on bread as a staple. Arguably it does not hurt as much though, because if you can't pay - just declare bankruptcy and get your bread again the next day. That is the Canadian way 101% debt ratio.

Next up for scutiny, $40 per day parking - although its definitely arguable both ways and I will admit I am tending to charge and pay what you want for parking. Car parking to nickel ratio? Calculating right now.

http://www.calgaryherald.com/business/calgary+downtown+parking+rates+highest+canada+second+north+america/7330471/story.html

TomcoPDR
12-22-2017, 09:39 PM
Damn, white people got screwed. Most Asian types don't rely solely or some at all, on bread as a staple. Arguably it does not hurt as much though, because if you can't pay - just declare bankruptcy and get your bread again the next day. That is the Canadian way 101% debt ratio.

[/url]

Don't celebrate yet, don't think the Asian are immune, what would you do if Tea & Tea (purposely misspelt) were accused price fixing rice for the past century. That sweet cherishable Thai elephant brand we've all grown up to savor.

nykz
12-22-2017, 09:43 PM
Don't celebrate yet, don't think the Asian are immune, what would you do if Tea & Tea (purposely misspelt) were accused price fixing rice for the past century. That sweet cherishable Thai elephant brand we've all grown up to savor.

I wouldn't be surprised if this was true... Tea & Tea is owned by Loblaws :drama:

speedog
12-22-2017, 11:50 PM
Weston and Loblaws granted immunity by the Competition Bureau, one has to wonder why they decided to tattle and throw everyone else under the bus.

roopi
12-23-2017, 01:05 AM
Thing that is still a bargain: Bananas shipped from tropical climates. Even at 80 cents per pound compared to the 9 cents I grew up with, it is still quite a deal considering the shipping distance. If the banana apocalypse ever happens (again), it will be the saddest day ever.

Please don't start talking about bananas on a daily basis and ruin this for us. It's ridiculous how cheap they are and let's not ruin that. I'm not sure why people buy regular bananas instead of organic. The price difference is so small.

Team_Mclaren
12-23-2017, 06:34 AM
I'm declaring that I bought bread in BC once prior to 2015 so i should get it...

Sugarphreak
12-23-2017, 02:21 PM

jwslam
01-08-2018, 08:27 AM
Registration is now open

Xtrema
01-08-2018, 09:28 AM
SaveOnFoods now following suit:

https://www.theglobeandmail.com/report-on-business/save-on-foods-offers-gift-card-following-loblaw-bread-controversy/article37422891/

Looks like I will be getting 100$ worth of free groceries!

(25 X 2 for Loblaws, 25 X 2 for saveon)

Is Loblaws paying out $25/adult or $25 per address? How do you get x2?

schurchill39
01-08-2018, 10:50 AM
I would assume (maybe wrongfully so) 1x per person as the payout is for an individual who purchased the bread between those dates. The wife and I both signed up for it and we weren't married during that time frame so I guess we will see.

dj_rice
01-08-2018, 11:46 AM

Brent.ff
01-08-2018, 11:49 AM
Theres been talk that if you opt in for the GC, you waive your right for future compensation? Cause I know I've bought way more bread over the years than $25 worth.
Here's the release

Please review the Release carefully.

As you may be aware, proposed class actions relating to an overcharge on the price of packaged bread have been commenced. The proposed class actions have not yet been certified by the courts as class actions. If you wish, you may contact one of the intended class action law firms (click here for firm information).

In exchange for this twenty-five (25) Canadian Dollar Loblaw Card you hereby release and forever discharge Loblaw (“Loblaw” includes Loblaw Companies Limited, its parent corporation George Weston Limited and their affiliates as well as all of their current and former officers, directors, and employees) from any and all claims or causes of action (of whatever nature or kind) for damages, costs or other relief that you may have relating to or otherwise in connection with any overcharge on the price of packaged bread in the period between January 1, 2002 and March 1, 2015, to the extent of twenty-five dollars.

Agreeing to this release will not impact your right to participate in any class actions relating to an overcharge on the price of packaged bread. However, doing so will mean that twenty-five (25) dollars will be deducted from any compensation that you may otherwise be entitled to receive in any class action judgment against, or settlement with, Loblaw relating to any overcharge on the price of packaged bread in the period between January 1, 2002 and March 1, 2015.

You may wish to obtain independent legal advice, including by contacting one of the intended class action firms, before checking the box in Section F below, and submitting this Registration Form.

Disoblige
01-08-2018, 02:44 PM
So they capture birthdays on there for "fraud purposes". I wonder how they're supposed to check your actual birthday, or if they're just using it to keep on file.

I honestly hope they don't send the gift card through the mail. I would not be surprised if a bunch go "missing" from the post office based on how well known this is.

A smart way would be to send an empty card through the mail with a letter with the customer name and they have to activate it in store with their ID or something as proof.

Xtrema
01-08-2018, 11:32 PM
Here's the release

$1B class action filed. Say they settle for $750M. Lawyers takes half, $375M. $50M distribution cost left with $320M and with 30+M Canadians, everyone get $10?

I'll take my $25 now. Thanks.

:D

NissanFanBoy
01-08-2018, 11:47 PM
So they capture birthdays on there for "fraud purposes". I wonder how they're supposed to check your actual birthday, or if they're just using it to keep on file.

I honestly hope they don't send the gift card through the mail. I would not be surprised if a bunch go "missing" from the post office based on how well known this is.

A smart way would be to send an empty card through the mail with a letter with the customer name and they have to activate it in store with their ID or something as proof.

Was I being paranoid about the birth date, doesn't seem worth it for $25, what if that info got hacked, both my full name and real birthday?

J-hop
01-09-2018, 12:12 AM
Been reading some interesting analysis on the whole price fixing.

The end result will most likely NOT be lower bread prices. Grocers are apparently currently selling at a loss so doubtful we’ll see any change in bread prices on our end.

I agree with others on here and Sylvain Charlebois that this is just a PR move to get more people in the door.

Will be hilarious when they post record sales once these gift cards are released

speedog
01-09-2018, 07:30 AM
I wonder how many in this thread who are going for the $25 could be outed as Superstore haters or have having said that they don't shop at Superstore?

dj_rice
01-09-2018, 09:28 AM
I wonder how many in this thread who are going for the $25 could be outed as Superstore haters or have having said that they don't shop at Superstore?

I love Superstore. Worked there before, do all my groceries and fueling up there. For those that hate Superstore, get the card and activate it and donate it to the Food Bank.

Xtrema
01-09-2018, 09:50 AM

As much as I hate the traffic, the turn over on produce is much quicker there compared to neighborhood co-op.

I still go to co-op for bakery and meat tho. Superstore meat sucks.

Brent.ff
01-09-2018, 10:49 AM
As much as I hate the traffic, the turn over on produce is much quicker there compared to neighborhood co-op.

well and CO-OPs produce price is out to lunch... charging $6.50 for a 3-bag of peppers and calling it a special, the exact same bag you can get for $3 at Superstore daily..

tonytiger55
01-09-2018, 11:03 AM

Just curious...where would the Superstore haters shop instead?

speedog
01-09-2018, 04:54 PM

You're just picking the wrong times/days if you're encountering a lot of people in Superstore. I went last night and it was dead.

Xtrema
01-09-2018, 05:06 PM
You're just picking the wrong times/days if you're encountering a lot of people in Superstore. I went last night and it was dead.

My neighborhood Superstore is the smallest and busiest one in this country according to internal survey. I don't ever go there. It's worse than the one at Sunridge.

speedog
01-09-2018, 05:23 PM
My neighborhood Superstore is the smallest and busiest one in this country according to internal survey. I don't ever go there. It's worse than the one at Sunridge.

Huntington Hills Superstore because I believe that's the smallest Superstore in Calgary?

J-hop
01-09-2018, 05:45 PM
Huntington Hills Superstore because I believe that's the smallest Superstore in Calgary?

Huntington hills SS is the absolute worst haha.

speedog
01-09-2018, 05:51 PM
Huntington hills SS is the absolute worst haha.

And yet that is my regular go-to Superstore and I have no issues there, you're just doing it wrong.

J-hop
01-09-2018, 06:00 PM
And yet that is my regular go-to Superstore and I have no issues there, you're just doing it wrong.

How do you do it wrong lol.

speedog
01-09-2018, 06:10 PM
Apparently I'm not going when it's stupid busy.

J-hop
01-09-2018, 06:19 PM
The clientele kill it for me there. Never picked up so many door dings, got so frustrated navigating a parking lot or dealt with pushy and/or oblivious people than when I used to shop there. It is the worst SS I’ve ever been to.

D'z Nutz
01-10-2018, 08:29 AM
If you guys have a Save-On-Foods More Rewards card, you can sign up for Save-On's $25 offer here
https://www.morerewards.ca/25

dj_rice
01-10-2018, 08:35 AM
If you guys have a Save-On-Foods More Rewards card, you can sign up for Save-On's $25 offer here

I do. Awesome. Thanks!!

Feruk
01-10-2018, 09:06 AM

I find if I go later in the evening, the quality of produce (specifically fruit/vegetables) is crap.

dj_rice
01-10-2018, 09:26 AM
I find if I go later in the evening, the quality of produce (specifically fruit/vegetables) is crap.

Werd. Thats why I try to go first thing in the morning when they're open to beat the rush. They don't keep re-stocking items throughout the day like other shops. What I do now, is I price-match Superstore prices @ Save-On. You get Superstore pricing but Save-On quality produce.

speedog
01-10-2018, 10:22 AM

We t last night after 9 to HH SS, great selection, great produce, might have been 20 shoppers in the store if that. Bonus is there's more 30% off stickers for close dated stuff I can throw in the freezer.

J-hop
01-11-2018, 01:02 AM

I used to joke that it looked like someone took a baseball bat to their produce department

We t last night after 9 to HH SS, great selection, great produce, might have been 20 shoppers in the store if that. Bonus is there's more 30% off stickers for close dated stuff I can throw in the freezer.

When do you work? I’m usually winding down and getting ready for bed by then (when I’m not working a 15 hour day like I did today haha)

ZenOps
02-01-2018, 05:39 AM
fD_Y8hgzpFQ

Conspiracy! Alleged bread cartel expands to everyone in Canada. On a side note, just bought some ground beef for cheaper than bread. You would think prices would be down by now, but nope - Still plenty of $3 loaves out there.

I get the feeling cattle farmers are shaking their heads trying to figure it out.

speedog
02-01-2018, 07:21 AM
Read an news article on line that the per loaf amount was something in the range of $1.50 retail. Now I'm not sure if it was $1.50 at the start of all of this some 16 years ago but our family at probably an easy 3 loaves per week means a fair chunk of change went into these company's pockets. Even average out at $0.75, that would work out to almost $1,900 over those 16 years. These companies will most likely walk away with little more than a slap on the wrist to them.

Canada's Competition Bureau is now talking about looking into other grocery items as well because of how widespread this was in the industry.

ZenOps
02-01-2018, 07:32 AM
The only other thing in Canada that is messed up is dairy pricing, although the dairy board is far too strong for the government to take on - unless the dairy board voluntarily decides on action.

Just got my "Tops pizza" flyer in the mail. $27 for a 14" cheese pizza, great holy jeebus, that is $1 less than two hours parking in downtown Calgary :bigpimp::facepalm: Cheese pizza in Canada is the avocado toast of the USA.

speedog
02-01-2018, 08:14 AM
Tops used to be our go to place but we tried out a new place on Centre Street north and have now switched our pizza allegiance.

dj_rice
02-01-2018, 08:57 AM
I hope they look into Beef Jerky. Cause the pricing is REDONKULOUS for how little you get!

ExtraSlow
02-01-2018, 09:09 AM
Beef is very energy intense to raise, plus drying it out takes a lot of energy. Need a carbon tax on beef jerky!

bulaian
02-01-2018, 09:37 AM
Just got an e-mail this morning from Save on Foods

"Today’s the day! Thanks for being a valued member of our More Rewards Loyalty program, and for choosing us as your grocery store.

Like you, we’re deeply concerned about what’s happened with the bread price-fixing issue that was going on in Canada by certain competitors and suppliers of ours.

We at Save-On-Foods had no knowledge of, nor were we involved in, this illegal activity.

One of our competitors who has admitted guilt is providing a $25 shopping incentive to their customers. We know that you, as our valued More Rewards customer, could have been impacted with higher bread prices. So we’ve made it easy for you to receive our own $25 offer* and ensure that you’re signed up for even more great offers and information.

Please click here to complete the steps required to have this offer loaded directly to your More Rewards card. You’ll be asked to confirm your contact information to activate the offer.

Thanks for shopping with us.

Darrell

PS – if you don’t get to this today, don’t worry. You can activate this offer anytime between now and April 30, and it’s good to the end of this year. See you soon."

Feruk
02-01-2018, 10:11 AM
Lol who's Darrell?

dj_patm
02-01-2018, 10:29 AM
As someone who has had to provide mountains of data to the Bureau, I'll tell you that they do not fuck around.

Don't know what they can pull against established behemoths like Loblaw but there's usually jail time involved for smaller players. At least in Downstream O & G.

TomcoPDR
02-01-2018, 10:38 AM
Just got my "Tops pizza" flyer in the mail. $27 for a 14" cheese pizza, great holy jeebus, that is $1 less than two hours parking in downtown Calgary :bigpimp::facepalm: Cheese pizza in Canada is the avocado toast of the USA.

Tops used to be our go to place but we tried out a new place on Centre Street north and have now switched our pizza allegiance.

Yum, Tops pizza. That's when someone open boxed my pizzas the other night :( :thumbsdow

http://image.ibb.co/dzpK9R/01e905a3fb430c4b8a9f51593be7b253b52f2885f7.jpg

http://image.ibb.co/erHT3m/01447519735e93225cafb3d042db289de0a7c8fe07.jpg

jwslam
02-01-2018, 10:39 AM
Thank you for choosing Save-On-Foods as your trusted grocery store.Your $25 bread rebate offer has been loaded to your card. The next time you shop using your card and spend $25 before taxes*, the credit will be automatically applied to your bill. We have sent a confirmation email to xxxxx for your records.
* Rebate offer expires December 31, 2018. One offer per household. Offer not available for duplicate More Rewards accounts. Tobacco, alcohol, prescriptions or lottery products do not count towards the $25 purchase.

firebane
02-01-2018, 11:06 AM
Just got an e-mail this morning from Save on Foods

"Today’s the day! Thanks for being a valued member of our More Rewards Loyalty program, and for choosing us as your grocery store.

Like you, we’re deeply concerned about what’s happened with the bread price-fixing issue that was going on in Canada by certain competitors and suppliers of ours.

We at Save-On-Foods had no knowledge of, nor were we involved in, this illegal activity.

One of our competitors who has admitted guilt is providing a $25 shopping incentive to their customers. We know that you, as our valued More Rewards customer, could have been impacted with higher bread prices. So we’ve made it easy for you to receive our own $25 offer* and ensure that you’re signed up for even more great offers and information.

Please click here to complete the steps required to have this offer loaded directly to your More Rewards card. You’ll be asked to confirm your contact information to activate the offer.

Thanks for shopping with us.

Darrell

PS – if you don’t get to this today, don’t worry. You can activate this offer anytime between now and April 30, and it’s good to the end of this year. See you soon."

Only people in their rewards card gets it though lol.

jwslam
02-01-2018, 11:18 AM
Only people in their rewards card gets it though lol.
Glad I sign up for absolutely everything even though I don't use it.
I think I've been a member for like 5 years and have the equivalent of $1.50 in rewards

Tik-Tok
02-01-2018, 11:23 AM
I just signed up two days ago... wonder if I'll get it?

D'z Nutz
02-01-2018, 11:25 AM
Larry's brother. Also other Darrell's brother.

Oh god, I feel so old for getting this reference haha

jwslam
02-01-2018, 11:27 AM
I just signed up two days ago... wonder if I'll get it?
No sorry

Offer available to customers over the age of majority who were More Rewards members prior to December 31, 2017 and purchased commercial bread at Save-On-Foods sometime in the past 14 years. One offer per household. Offer not available for duplicate More Rewards accounts. The offer will not be available for use for tobacco, alcohol, prescriptions or lottery products.

Supa Dexta
02-01-2018, 08:04 PM
Sobets CEO > 'Keep checking the mail room' haha

http://business.financialpost.com/news/retail-marketing/keep-checking-the-mailroom-sobeys-tells-george-weston-over-price-fixing-claim

Maxx Mazda
02-28-2018, 09:20 PM
Got both of our $25 gift cards in the mail today.

Team_Mclaren
03-01-2018, 01:14 AM
got ours too

dj_rice
03-01-2018, 06:32 AM
Got mine as well, also got my Save On one a few weeks ago

Kobe
04-27-2018, 09:44 PM
Got mine, :D

Totally forgot about this just activated it!

nismodrifter
07-18-2018, 11:10 PM
7 months later. Got mine.

D'z Nutz
07-18-2018, 11:14 PM
Damn it, nismo. I thought you bumped this to tell us we were getting more :rofl:

Swank
07-19-2018, 09:31 AM
Good to know they are still coming out, my wife and mom never did get theirs :dunno:

hurrdurr
07-19-2018, 09:33 AM
Haven't received mine yet

nismodrifter
07-20-2018, 02:10 PM
http://www.cbc.ca/news/business/loblaws-25-gift-card-id-privacy-commissioner-1.4753392

^Loblaws customers who refused to give Photo ID to the company are now receiving cards in the mail. Thats me.

dj_rice
07-20-2018, 02:20 PM
http://www.cbc.ca/news/business/loblaws-25-gift-card-id-privacy-commissioner-1.4753392

^Loblaws customers who refused to give Photo ID to the company are now receiving cards in the mail. Thats me.

My process was easy. Fill out form. Done. No ID asked.

Anyone get any money back from the foam cushion one for mattresses/sofas, etc