PDA

View Full Version : Former car attachment

zhao
12-26-2017, 01:44 PM
Anyone ever felt violated by stumbling upon a car you once owned and seeing it totally anal raped with rice rocketry?... or other mods that just didn't sit well with you to the point where it actually bothered you?

I have never cared about what people did to vehicles I used to own, and there have been some doozies, until today when I stumbled upon a mr-2 I used to own. It looks like it went back in time to 2f2f and got car aids :(.

Shlade
12-26-2017, 03:11 PM
Surprisingly I haven't stumbled on any of my old vehicles at all. And I've had quite a few... but I could see that being a bit of a piss off for sure

AndyL
12-26-2017, 03:24 PM
Yup. There's a few out there I regret parting with and most of those I have serious issues with what's been done to then since.

But that pos green Aveo - it got phillipino'd so good I almost want it back as it's so fricking ugly now... Lmao

Twin_Cam_Turbo
12-26-2017, 04:04 PM
My BRZ got car aids as well as treated with zero mechanical sympathy after I sold it to some kid and his dad.

03ozwhip
12-26-2017, 04:09 PM
Few weeks after I sold my MR2 the kid called and told me he wrote it off...was pretty sad. When I sold my lowrider the guy took it to high river car show and claimed to all my low low boys that he built it. Sad.

I think those are the only 2 I've seen/heard of after selling, but they were both of my favorites..

max_boost
12-26-2017, 05:16 PM
yea lol use to have attachment for sure but now just don't care haha :dunno:

corsvette
12-26-2017, 05:46 PM
Had a near mint E30 2 door that I sold to my Wife's cousin. Three years later that car had dents, mismatched rims, busted tailamp, and worse of all the once perfect interior was filthy with cigarette butts absolutely everywhere! It lasted about 6 years before the engine finally gave in after nearly 100,000km without a single oil change. She donated it to the Kidney foundation.:cry::whipped:

GenerationX
12-26-2017, 06:00 PM
My BRZ got car aids as well as treated with zero mechanical sympathy after I sold it to some kid and his dad.

Hahaha so bad.

BokCh0y
12-26-2017, 07:41 PM
I had a 90 Toyota Corolla GTS or AE92 - mint shape. Sold it to some dumbfuck here on beyond and he massacred the car along with his dumbass mechanic.

The other car was my 01 IS300. Sold it to a good friend of mine for a great price 9 years ago, such a good price that if he sold it today in the condition it is in right now, he'd still get more or less the same price for it. Anyway, yeah he hasn't taken care of the car at all and crash it up a bunch of times. Inside is disgusting, outside isn't much better. He hasn't done any maintenance to it either, so sad. All dented up and starting to rust.

Those are the only two cars I've ever been attached to that have made me sad about selling.

Thaco
12-26-2017, 07:56 PM
no really any regret, but i always look out for my old vehicles, there are usually a few distinguishing items, i have only seen one of the vehicles one time, it had a few bumper stickers, but more or less the same.

ExtraSlow
12-26-2017, 07:57 PM
I miss every pickup I've ever sold. And that's been a bunch. Not the cars though.

nicknolte
12-27-2017, 02:08 AM
...But that pos green Aveo - it got phillipino'd so good I almost want it back as it's so fricking ugly now... Lmao

My old protege was also Filipino'd. Flags and religious items hanging off the rear view mirror, sticker flags on rear window and trunk, religious figure in the middle of the dash... :nut::rofl:

Hallowed_point
12-27-2017, 09:44 AM
Kinda. Had my 98 Z28 for 3 years bought bone stock and carefully modded it slowly. New owner ripped out the 6 speed, sold that to some local drifter, installed a moser diff and an automatic transmission. Turned it into a all out 1/4 car. Kinda sad as I put fresh bilsteins on it just before selling and it handled amazingly.

- - - Updated - - -

My old protege was also Filipino'd. Flags and religious items hanging off the rear view mirror, sticker flags on rear window and trunk, religious figure in the middle of the dash... :nut::rofl:

Ah the bridlewood appearance package. I'm quite familiar with that !

Maxx Mazda
12-27-2017, 09:47 AM
I sold my mint S-10 to some kid who was working out of Fort Mac and needed a truck for Calgary on his days off. I made a build thread about that truck here on Beyond. It was in crazy good shape.

Last year I was at pick n pull and I saw my old truck there, up on blocks. The clear front corners were spray painted black with nightshades, the tail lights were done with that shit too. For some reason my mint stereo wiring job wasn’t used and a completely new set of hack job wires was in place instead. The header and exhaust I had put on the truck was removed, as was the intake. It was generally just beat up and abused. I have it a big hug goodbye and took some pics hahaha I had so many fond memories in that truck it was sad to see it fucked up like that and rusty.

AndyL
12-27-2017, 09:52 AM
Haha no - mine got sent down the aisles at Walmart and the newfy speed shop - with the crap magnet turned on...

Seriously - it has every price of chrome and auxiliary gizmo known to man. Along with some cf accents and vinyl Wood inlays on the dash.

Masked Bandit
12-27-2017, 10:12 AM
Cars & trucks, no. But I often wonder what happened to my first motorcycle. It was a 1984 Honda Nighthawk 750S and I didn't really know what I had. I sold it to an older guy so hopefully he didn't ride it into the ground.

J-hop
12-27-2017, 10:52 AM
I sold my mint S-10 to some kid who was working out of Fort Mac and needed a truck for Calgary on his days off. I made a build thread about that truck here on Beyond. It was in crazy good shape.

Last year I was at pick n pull and I saw my old truck there, up on blocks. The clear front corners were spray painted black with nightshades, the tail lights were done with that shit too. For some reason my mint stereo wiring job wasn’t used and a completely new set of hack job wires was in place instead. The header and exhaust I had put on the truck was removed, as was the intake. It was generally just beat up and abused. I have it a big hug goodbye and took some pics hahaha I had so many fond memories in that truck it was sad to see it fucked up like that and rusty.

So sad, almost the exact same thing happened to my buddies xtreme. It was show car quality, he babied the hell out of it, fixed every rock chip, lowered it. Put very tasteful accents on it, no cheap aftermarket garbage.

I just saw some chick selling it on Facebook for a couple grand, it was beat to shit, missing the expensive tonneau cover, slapped some Ebay special tails and headlights. Missing the expensive wheels he bought. Was being sold as a “drift truck”.

My guess is she couldn’t afford the truck, sold everything of value on it to make her money back and didn’t give a shit about it.

JustinL
12-27-2017, 12:49 PM
I keep my cars for so long that I tend to get really attached to them. My old 944 that I sold when I bought the M3 got money-shifted and then stored in a boathouse for a couple years. We bought that car back to turn into a race car. The E46M3 I drove for 8 years was sold to an enthusiast and then sold again to another Porsche club member who will be building it into a track car. I feel pretty good about that one.

Chandler_Racing
12-27-2017, 01:14 PM
Had a CRX with a fair bit of money put into it. Sold it with the promise it wouldn't be parted.

Never heard from them or seen it since so suspect they parted it...

Maxx Mazda
12-27-2017, 06:13 PM
So sad, almost the exact same thing happened to my buddies xtreme. It was show car quality, he babied the hell out of it, fixed every rock chip, lowered it. Put very tasteful accents on it, no cheap aftermarket garbage.

I just saw some chick selling it on Facebook for a couple grand, it was beat to shit, missing the expensive tonneau cover, slapped some Ebay special tails and headlights. Missing the expensive wheels he bought. Was being sold as a “drift truck”.

My guess is she couldn’t afford the truck, sold everything of value on it to make her money back and didn’t give a shit about it.

Yeah, here’s some pics of the truck when I sold it, vs when I hugged it goodbye at pick n pull.

BokCh0y
12-27-2017, 06:47 PM
^^^

That makes me sad.

HiTempguy1
12-27-2017, 09:23 PM
Had one of the nicest Firefly Turbo's out there (long time Beyonders will remember when I got it 13 years ago), lot of time and love put into that bad boy. Sold it when I turned 19 and wanted a big boy car. Kid I sold it to was rear-ended so bad that it BENT the rear of the hatch frame down and wrinkled the rear quarter panels. He also did so much stupid shit to it (cut out the front rad support for a big stupid intercooler) and allowed it to get rusty enough that the floors were rotten out.

Shoulda kept it, can't find those anymore.

J-hop
12-27-2017, 10:12 PM
Had one of the nicest Firefly Turbo's out there (long time Beyonders will remember when I got it 13 years ago), lot of time and love put into that bad boy. Sold it when I turned 19 and wanted a big boy car. Kid I sold it to was rear-ended so bad that it BENT the rear of the hatch frame down and wrinkled the rear quarter panels. He also did so much stupid shit to it (cut out the front rad support for a big stupid intercooler) and allowed it to get rusty enough that the floors were rotten out.

Shoulda kept it, can't find those anymore.

Accessory to murder, you animal!!!

infamous
12-28-2017, 12:01 PM
I constantly think of some of the cars that I have sold over the years, I definitely miss my 94 Saturn, that thing was a tank! my 95 geo metro 3 door hatch was by far the most amazing winter car....my 99 GS300 I miss the most, but I have never seen it since I sold it. Saw one of my Lexus's that I sold (97LS400) a couple of months ago, it was about the same shape as when I sold it.

The best though is my current car. I owned it for a couple of years, did a bunch of work to it and then sold it to a buddy. He proceeded to go through the car top to bottom rebuilding/replacing/upgrading tons of stuff. Then he realized he had 4 Hondas and 1 garage space so I was able to pick it back up and now am in the process of making it mine. :D

wintonyk
12-28-2017, 06:09 PM
Saw my first car the other day driving through downtown. It was a proud moment that she was still running. E30 coupe, very recognizable to me in an off red patch on part of the trunk lid and left fender. I think I bought it with 300k on it and sold it in 2005 with about 375k.

Skrilla
12-29-2017, 11:29 AM
Of all the cars I have owned there are two that stand out, and only one I regret selling still to this day many years later:

My FD - had a custom painted set of Meisters on it, full suspension etc. Seen the car a year later, had Ebay wheels on it, hood and rear bumper were 2 different colors, exhaust was cut off and it was dented to hell. Shed a little tear that day :cry:

And Ingrid, the MK1 Jetta coupe I bought off Bob @ UrbanX. The only car that still upsets me thinking about it. Loved that car to death, wasn't in the greatest shape but had so much character. Added a few wheels combos and some suspension goodies over the time I had it. Eventually needed space for a Rabbit project and felt bad leaving it sitting. Sold it to a kid and his dad in Lethbridge, lasted less than a month I was told before he trashed it. Still keep checking every now and then for another one but they are so hard to find in decent shape.

klumsy_tumbler
01-03-2018, 02:59 PM
Came across our old WRX in a parking lot once... poor thing had gotten the soccer bro treatment (team stickers and flags all over, annoying mascot things dangling from the mirror, "drift charm", etc)

reiRei
01-03-2018, 04:07 PM
I ended up totaling my Lancer at the end of 2016 - ended up seeing it at pick n pull a few months after the accident and the interior was completely gutted - nothing left :( I was so very attached to that car, I still miss it from time to time.

mr2mike
01-03-2018, 05:19 PM
91 Mustang
Dark Grey with Silver racing stripes, GT kit with LX wing. Did all the work myself.
Would see it around every so often. Kid I sold it to took really good care of it. Would make me smile that some else appreciated it.

Sugarphreak
01-03-2018, 06:57 PM

J-hop
01-03-2018, 07:24 PM
Envision Auto got a hold of my old truck

http://www.envisionauto.com/listing/2009-hummer-h3t-truck-offroad-package-lifted-5-speed-manual

WTF is this flashy rim + 285 tire crap? Seems like the helicopter roof rack bars are missing on it now too.

I see my old green Isuzu floating around on Kijiji from time to time... it was still wearing the same RE11's/rims I put on it, never looked close enough to see if any other mods have been made to it yet

That’s pretty sweet. I like it

Sugarphreak
01-03-2018, 11:57 PM

MalibuStacy
01-08-2018, 01:06 AM
Yeah, here’s some pics of the truck when I sold it, vs when I hugged it goodbye at pick n pull.

^^^This is probably my biggest fear of what will happen to my first car, sold it to a dude who promptly turned and sold it 6 months later. Anytime I am at PNP I check the older GM Aisles to see if it met a less fortunate fate...

BerserkerCatSplat
01-08-2018, 09:32 AM
Envision Auto got a hold of my old truck

http://www.envisionauto.com/listing/2009-hummer-h3t-truck-offroad-package-lifted-5-speed-manual

WTF is this flashy rim + 285 tire crap? Seems like the helicopter roof rack bars are missing on it now too.

I don't remember the entire truck being bedlinered when you owned it, either.

vengie
01-08-2018, 10:34 AM
I have three that stick out in my mind.

My 2005 STI was the car I regret selling the most, a lot of time and money went into that thing. I always had compliments about how "clean" it was (subjective).
New owner completely bastardized it, ended up receiving the VW treatment, rusted roof rack and stretched tires etc... My heart sank when I saw it in person.

My old 2007 S4, I had very little attachment to. I wasn't a huge fan of the car and sold it just over a year after I bought it.
I explained to the new owner he would need to check the oil religiously as it burned oil (normal for the 4.2 v8). Less than 6 months later I got a call from the new owner telling me he seized the motor and the repair estimate was >$18k. He wanted me to help him fight against Audi Canada as the warranty had expired less than a month earlier.

I hung up the phone.

The last one was my 04 G35, supercharged, again boat load of money, very fun car.
10 mins after the new owner picked it up I got a call from my buddy PISSED off because "my car" just flew by him on deerfoot and cut him off (estimated 170km/h). I told him I just sold the car and that was the new owner! He then texted me 5 mins later telling me he passed the car on the side of the road pulled over by CPS :rofl: That probably wasn't a cheap ticket.