PDA

View Full Version : Honda civic/rsx seatbelts?

03ozwhip
12-26-2017, 04:11 PM
So I'm sure you guys know that I have an ep3 civic for my daily. There are a bunch of little things that bug me about it, but the worst is that my seatbelt doesn't click in.

I habeto slap the shit out of it for it to click. My question is, are the seatbelt clicker things interchangeable with the rsx or even other civics?

J-hop
12-26-2017, 05:14 PM
Sorry can’t help but I had this exact problem with a corrado I used to own. Took about 6 tries to get it to latch. Was desperate to get it working for a safety and as a last ditch effort sprayed a healthy serving of silicon spray in the latch. Worked like new after that.

Might be worth a try

zhao
12-26-2017, 05:22 PM
95% sure ep3 and dc5's share seat belt buckles. If i remember i could cross reference the part numbers tomorrow, but good chance i'll forget and you could probably do that yourself with the interwebs with only slightly more effort.

its also likely it shares seat belt buckles with other 2 door civics such as the em2. possibly even the EK/em1s.

This is also likely a sub $100 part from honda.

03ozwhip
12-26-2017, 06:45 PM
95% sure ep3 and dc5's share seat belt buckles. If i remember i could cross reference the part numbers tomorrow, but good chance i'll forget and you could probably do that yourself with the interwebs with only slightly more effort.

its also likely it shares seat belt buckles with other 2 door civics such as the em2. possibly even the EK/em1s.

This is also likely a sub $100 part from honda.

Thanks buddy I'll take a look. I appreciate it.

03ozwhip
12-26-2017, 07:08 PM
Sorry can’t help but I had this exact problem with a corrado I used to own. Took about 6 tries to get it to latch. Was desperate to get it working for a safety and as a last ditch effort sprayed a healthy serving of silicon spray in the latch. Worked like new after that.

Might be worth a try

Also a great idea. Thanks.