PDA

View Full Version : Looking For: Self Serve Detail Shop

roll_over
12-28-2017, 05:48 PM
I remember some time ago people were posting about a self serve detail shop where you rent space and can bring your own products or use their products if you wish. I think it was located in Airdrie but I'm not sure.

Did a beyond search and a google search and all I found was random car washes and detail shops but nothing that was self serve.

I remember it kind of sounding like U-Wrench but for cleaning cars.

k1l4m
12-28-2017, 06:07 PM
OCDetail, looks like you can rent space but no prices listed.

ExtraSlow
12-28-2017, 06:37 PM
Neat concept for winter if the per hour cost is reasonable.

J-hop
12-28-2017, 06:48 PM
Yea great idea. Wonder if they’d let me install a headunit. No sense wasting a bay at uwrench and my current plan is to get the truck up to temperature then park and run a space heater while I work, but that’s going to suck ass haha

Thaco
12-28-2017, 07:53 PM
Yea great idea. Wonder if they’d let me install a headunit. No sense wasting a bay at uwrench and my current plan is to get the truck up to temperature then park and run a space heater while I work, but that’s going to suck ass haha
just go to the underground parkade at chinook :D lots of room there and its warm.

roll_over
12-28-2017, 09:47 PM
Neat concept for winter if the per hour cost is reasonable.

Especially if you own a pickup that won't fit in a normal garage.

OCDetail, looks like you can rent space but no prices listed.

I'll try calling tomorrow and report back. I thought it was OCDetail but the site is really vague and doesn't have much for prices or real info on how it works.

idriveabox
12-28-2017, 10:20 PM
OC Detail no longer offers rental space for DIY. Just called a few weeks ago.

J-hop
12-28-2017, 11:09 PM
OC Detail no longer offers rental space for DIY. Just called a few weeks ago.

Crappy

just go to the underground parkade at chinook :D lots of room there and its warm.

Excellent idea, I wonder how long before security shows up thinking I’m trying to steal the headunit haha

ExtraSlow
12-29-2017, 08:36 AM
Top floor of Centennial parkade is warm and humid. Plus free vacuum and tire inflation on the way out...

G-ZUS
12-29-2017, 08:51 AM

go to a car-wash at night :)

sneek
12-29-2017, 12:12 PM
That sucks that OC Detail no longer offers space. It was a really nice space but I do have to say it was quite pricey. I detailed the interior of my car there last winter and it came out to $120 or so.

ExtraSlow
12-29-2017, 01:46 PM
How long was that? Did you also buy any products from them or bring your own?