PDA

View Full Version : Official Cryptocurrency Trading Thread

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Brent.ff
01-05-2018, 09:14 AM
Getting away from the $900 bitcoin thread.

Thoughts on XLM and ADA right now? Some good dips happening, but will they turn around? Tron slowed right down, and Ripple seems to be stuck

revelations
01-05-2018, 10:34 AM
I tend to be more long-term minded as opposed to running after the latest hype. By coins now that are low but offer a viable service/product. I have a spreadsheet of about 30 coins I need to look up.

Also, the long term prognosis is decent for anon coins - as time goes on and BTC keeps rising (even steadily) the governments, esp here in North America, will start to fight back at some point, and the masses will smove to anon coins to hedge against the slow demise of FIAT.

SilverRex
01-05-2018, 10:46 AM
maybe I will put my crypto charting and post here instead.

Reposting latesting thoughts on BTC.

this is my current count suggesting a lower low ahead. However key is the 16k zone battle, which is happening right now. it needs to break out and turn it into a massive support, failure or rolling over here would keep the move down intact. signaling this is merely a wave b top (orange) with c down to follow.

I am also trying to follow the cycle/wave count suggesting some sort of major cycle low towards the end of Feb early March. Those interested can watch this video as the timing is quite good on this stuff. skip to the 23m mark to see charting.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=1727&v=LTPvx6UD_xE

https://s14.postimg.org/s3crsb94x/btc_01-04-2018.png

Chandler_Racing
01-05-2018, 11:18 AM
Starting to get a little nervous.

I exited 25% of Ripple at the peak but am worried about it holding support around 15000 satoshi

My alt coins are down 2 - 30% today; was planning to move into BTC but only hold about 30% of the total portfolio as of now.

A bull run on BTC will hurt.

SilverRex
01-05-2018, 11:28 AM
technically ripple remains in a potential 5th wave count sequence as long as it remains above 2.10 breaking below = big medium top is in, I have my next ordered moved to 2.11, my ideal zone to double up is 1.61

dj_patm
01-05-2018, 11:31 AM
Holding IOTA, Ripple, Tron and Stellar. I'm playing long term with small money and hoping for a big run up on one of them since they all have specific purposes that differentiate them from other crypto's (well, Ripple and Stellar are basically the same thing so I bet on both horses).

Every one of them so far has rocketed up and retreated a bit and I'm assuming they'll all bounce around for a while. I'm up a lot on Iota and Ripple so it makes it easier to be patient and ignore dips, especially Stellar.

Chandler_Racing
01-05-2018, 11:42 AM
I have buy orders on Ripple at 12,000 and 10,000 satoshi (2x the amount at 12,000).

Don't trade in $ typically but roughly they are close to your 2.11 and 1.61

Will watch closely...

SilverRex
01-05-2018, 01:31 PM
I was .04 away from my order. As long as Ripple remains above 2.09 the previous chart I posted over at the short term trading thread remains intact, this drop is still a large wave (4), with wave (5) to come above 3.3. I am hoping there is one more wave (v) of (C) of (4) tonight, giving me one last chance to load up near near 2.11

https://s14.postimg.org/7izo59k9d/ripple_01-05-2018.png

dj_patm
01-05-2018, 01:48 PM
Are you guys finding the technical analysis of these currencies to be reliable?

SilverRex
01-05-2018, 01:50 PM
Are you guys finding the technical analysis of these currencies to be reliable? I never trust technical analysis 100%, but it is my guide for entry and exit better than shooting in the dark sort of speak.

Manhattan
01-05-2018, 04:06 PM
UG7zLhEWanc

nzwasp
01-05-2018, 05:30 PM
Tron had a bit of bad news well atleast on reddit.com - someone looked into it and found it was just as vaporware as Verge was. Im sure there will still be money to be made on it - I was up 600% so I exited most of my Tron and thinking I will dump some more into Stellar and strengthen some of my other positions:

The info is below:
https://www.reddit.com/r/CryptoCurrency/comments/7o85ld/i_just_read_trons_whitepaper_it_raises_more_red/

Buster
01-05-2018, 05:45 PM
Are you guys finding the technical analysis of these currencies to be reliable?

This entire crypto market is being manipulated by the big boys at the moment. No technical analysis can properly account for that (it's not a market). Leaving aside my thoughts on technical analysis in general.

roopi
01-05-2018, 06:09 PM
This entire crypto market is being manipulated by the big boys at the moment.

No different then the stock market.

revelations
01-06-2018, 10:34 AM

Surprised that no one commented on the double bottom. With TA and BTC, I find the simple and most obvious signs tend to work most of the time - esp with a daily or a weekly chart.

Brent.ff
01-06-2018, 04:45 PM
Tron had a bit of bad news well atleast on reddit.com - someone looked into it and found it was just as vaporware as Verge was. Im sure there will still be money to be made on it - I was up 600% so I exited most of my Tron and thinking I will dump some more into Stellar and strengthen some of my other positions:

The info is below:
https://www.reddit.com/r/CryptoCurrency/comments/7o85ld/i_just_read_trons_whitepaper_it_raises_more_red/

guess i should got out..here's hoping some good news next week gets it back higher.. im late to the game so not getting any of the fun '600%' ups

SilverRex
01-06-2018, 04:48 PM
Ripple

ripple has given us 5 waves off the low, was hoping we get one more lower low under 2.15, but now that it has risen high enough to overlap over 2.75, it is very possible the bottom is in. and it is now working off a sub 2 correction then a big move to test the highs 3.3>

again big picture is that as long as 2.09 holds, I suspect Ripple remains in a larger 5th wave pattern with one more big push before a medium term top is in. If 2.09 goes then a medium top is in, and the hunt towards 1.2-1.6 begins.

https://s13.postimg.org/q9a9ec4lz/ripple_01-06-2018.png

SilverRex
01-07-2018, 07:26 PM
while BTC punched thru 16k, it is now back testing this area, if it fails as a support I would caution the big wave (C) down remains intact

SilverRex
01-07-2018, 07:41 PM
Ripple

is Ripple making the exact same move as seen in December?

https://s13.postimg.org/fgm1roc7b/ripple_01-07-2018_B.png

SilverRex
01-08-2018, 08:10 AM
Ripple broke thru and invalidated the setup once it dived under 2.55, looks like I may still have a chance to get in on the low 2s after all.

adam c
01-08-2018, 08:38 AM
I decided to back a couple ICO’s, one that is still pre-ico and one that is only on binance

Let’s see how they go, no risk no reward right?

ExtraSlow
01-08-2018, 09:00 AM
With these ico's is there such a thing as "fundamentals" to help deciding what to back? Or just shots in the dark hoping for a lottery ticket?

Disoblige
01-08-2018, 09:17 AM
That bounce, ripple $1.9 -> $2.25.

SilverRex
01-08-2018, 09:40 AM
That bounce, ripple $1.9 -> $2.25.

Got my order with this bounce. also BTC could not find support at 16k, downmove count remains intact for a lower low.

SilverRex
01-08-2018, 10:04 AM
BTC could not turn 16k into major support, the (B) wave bounce with (C) wave to come remains intact. the only way to turn this bullish again is to see a 1-2. 1-2 count and btc needs to break above 17k on a strong candle so I peg 75% a move below 10k is the higher probability at this time

https://s14.postimg.org/oyr2ye4xd/btc_01-08-2018.png

msommers
01-08-2018, 10:16 AM
Put a few hundred bucks in Litecoin for fun. I really can't take this Crypto currency stuff seriously despite the crazy numbers people have made. I'm trying not to look at it for another few months just to see what happened to it.

adam c
01-08-2018, 10:47 AM
With these ico's is there such a thing as "fundamentals" to help deciding what to back? Or just shots in the dark hoping for a lottery ticket?

You can research the project and see who is on the team and advisers, but it really comes down to a shot in the dark

Chandler_Racing
01-08-2018, 12:41 PM
I don't really invest in the ICO's (wait till they hit a major exchange) but I would look for:

- Solid management team (past performance, specific ICO's they have released)
- Solving a problem (health care, DLT, block size/speed, under banked individuals, security, artificial intelligence or virtual reality etc..)
- Solid white paper (Not a copy and paste, identifies the problem and provides a possible solution)
- Active team of developers (I believe you can check progress on GITHUB)
- Minimal advertisement (Not interested in a pump and dump - thanks a lot verge..)
- Incentive (minimum investments with active discounts)

If you find anything interesting let me know. I found BABB coin that might warrant a deeper dive.

SilverRex
01-08-2018, 01:01 PM
Interesting the lowest tick on my exchange was 1.61 for Ripple, I had my next order at 1.71 which never triggered. Shame. At least I got my 2.11 order filled.

adam c
01-08-2018, 01:13 PM
I don't really invest in the ICO's (wait till they hit a major exchange) but I would look for:

- Solid management team (past performance, specific ICO's they have released)
- Solving a problem (health care, DLT, block size/speed, under banked individuals, security, artificial intelligence or virtual reality etc..)
- Solid white paper (Not a copy and paste, identifies the problem and provides a possible solution)
- Active team of developers (I believe you can check progress on GITHUB)
- Minimal advertisement (Not interested in a pump and dump - thanks a lot verge..)
- Incentive (minimum investments with active discounts)

If you find anything interesting let me know. I found BABB coin that might warrant a deeper dive.

The one posted in the $900 bitcoin thread is interesting, Fire Lottery

I purchased APPC on Binance, they are still in ICO mode and aren't listed on coinmarketcap.com yet
appc - https://appcoins.io/en

I'm also interested in https://www.ico.coinseed.co/ as it seems like an interesting tech, my hesitations right now are the application is only available in the US right now, they seem to have had issues with load on their product, and that their publications are paid for instead of 3rd party

nzwasp
01-08-2018, 08:11 PM
I see binance have opened up limited user registrations per day again however limited the referral amount to 20% from 50%. Too bad really I had already made 50 USD from the program.

SilverRex
01-09-2018, 10:44 AM
Ripple

well originally I was expecting if 2.09 was broken the medium top is in and it is in a much larger correction sequence targeting 1.60 or below. So far it is looking it is on course for this to happen. I have some order triggered. as well as further order along the bottom of this down channel shall price continue to move down. if we did just witness wave (C) yesterday, then perhaps the drop today is wave 2? I feel the longer we linger between 2.00-2.5, the healthier it gets. Once it begins the next up cycle. 5 dollar will be my next target area to take profit. Now I dont feel too bad taking 80% of my profit at 2.75 last week.

https://s14.postimg.org/qgzk09rg1/Ripple_01-09-2018.png

adam c
01-09-2018, 11:11 AM
I think a lot of the crypto currencies are getting inflated based off youtubers, there's no reason that some of these have exploded they way they have and now the market is correcting itself again, I wouldn't be surprised to see Ripple and Tron to fall to close to their pre-high gains

If you have watched anything on youtube, a lot of the videos hype up the same currencies and then bam, explosion of that coin

nzwasp
01-09-2018, 11:25 AM
I pulled all my TRON now, I can't see it going anywhere now. It just doesnt have a long term product do sustain its growth. Dumped what I had onto Po.et although im unsure of that projects potential either. Atleast their road map looks sound.

Manhattan
01-09-2018, 11:29 AM
ya this should end well.

https://news.bitcoin.com/report-reveals-18-of-investors-buy-bitcoin-with-borrowed-money/

pheoxs
01-09-2018, 11:33 AM
I think a lot of the crypto currencies are getting inflated based off youtubers, there's no reason that some of these have exploded they way they have and now the market is correcting itself again, I wouldn't be surprised to see Ripple and Tron to fall to close to their pre-high gains

If you have watched anything on youtube, a lot of the videos hype up the same currencies and then bam, explosion of that coin

The more I think about it the more I think its going to stabalize here. Almost everyone I know in real life is talking about cryptos now as a free get rich scheme but lack much technical knowledge. I honestly wonder how many of them would actually know how to get their money out afterwards? Plus with most having to go through BTC to be withdrawn or sold on localbitcoins ... there's a hefty fee barrier to get your money out as well for a lot of people.

revelations
01-09-2018, 11:38 AM
Yea at this point, even the founder of DOGECOIN is stymed at the massive cap growth of, what should be a dead coin (no new dev in 2 years).

“i think it says a lot about the state of the cryptocurrency space in general that a currency with a dog on it which hasn’t released a software update in over 2 years has a $1B+ market cap"

This is just like the .COM boom of the 90s which will explode again and the coins left will actually provide a service. I do see BTC being around though as its like digital gold.

Brent.ff
01-09-2018, 11:38 AM
ya this should end well.

https://news.bitcoin.com/report-reveals-18-of-investors-buy-bitcoin-with-borrowed-money/

I used a credit card, but doesn't mean i count it as borrowed money as i had the same money in a bank account that was just too much hassle to move over..

dj_patm
01-09-2018, 12:10 PM
yeah, coinbase is the only way to easily buy BTC without giving your banking information or finding someone to actually sell you some.

I wouldn't read into that much.

Xtrema
01-09-2018, 12:41 PM
I finally understand why GTA Online never opened up the casion or stock trading in their game.

Chandler_Racing
01-09-2018, 05:06 PM
I pulled all my TRON now, I can't see it going anywhere now. It just doesnt have a long term product do sustain its growth. Dumped what I had onto Po.et although im unsure of that projects potential either. Atleast their road map looks sound.

Patience, grasshopper. Strong hands should do ok on TRX as a lot of FUD is going around.

I was in around 200 Satoshi's been tough to hold this one but going to be patient.

nzwasp
01-10-2018, 09:25 AM
How you guys riding out the market correction happening right now.

Im really hoping things are still down when I get back from the USA on saturday - I really want to be buying some deals right now but all my 2FA is setup to my phone number and I dont have it with me.

Kobe
01-10-2018, 09:26 AM
You get used to the corrections.. not even a big deal anymore IMO

SilverRex
01-10-2018, 09:50 AM
Ripple

well again having to taken 80% profit at 2.75 doesnt look too bad after all. Have been slowly scalling back in again and now the expected 1.60 was hit and all my orders are now filled. With this play, I managed to now have extra capital to increase my position if I get a surprise move down to the orange trading range. Otherwise having Ripple hit the 1.60 area has been my expectation ever since it topped as well as breaking below 2.09 Hopefully this is a text book style correction with new highs in the horizon.

https://s14.postimg.org/lgknc5nlt/ripple_01-10-2018.png

adam c
01-10-2018, 10:13 AM
How you guys riding out the market correction happening right now.

Im really hoping things are still down when I get back from the USA on saturday - I really want to be buying some deals right now but all my 2FA is setup to my phone number and I dont have it with me.

Try switching to Authy, you can have it on your phone and access it through the web as well, I got worried about using Google Authenticator and not being able to back anything up so I found this which is backed up and uses Google Authenticator for it's 2FA

roopi
01-10-2018, 10:36 AM
Try switching to Authy, you can have it on your phone and access it through the web as well, I got worried about using Google Authenticator and not being able to back anything up so I found this which is backed up and uses Google Authenticator for it's 2FA

I think to switch off of Google Authenticator you need to have the phone. Then you can deactivate it and activate Authy.

G-ZUS
01-10-2018, 10:40 AM
Tried signing up for QuadricaGX last week, still in the "verifying" stage. wtf?

roopi
01-10-2018, 10:43 AM
Tried signing up for QuadricaGX last week, still in the "verifying" stage. wtf?

Took me about 3-4 days for verification. This was before they got hit with alot of new signups.

adam c
01-10-2018, 10:49 AM
I think to switch off of Google Authenticator you need to have the phone. Then you can deactivate it and activate Authy.

Yes that's right, it was more for the future or anyone else looking for a 2FA app

ickyflex
01-10-2018, 10:57 AM
Anyone participate in ICO's. Envion closes soon, was looking into it

adam c
01-10-2018, 11:02 AM
Anyone participate in ICO's. Envion closes soon, was looking into it

I'm in 2 pre-sale ICO and 1 active ICO on binance

I actually requested a refund on one of my pre-sale ICO's but the company isn't responding, not sure if that will happen

SilverRex
01-10-2018, 11:24 AM
While I was expecting a sub 1k price on BTC. the action today looks a little bullish. And seeing how hive and blok shares isnt puking lower like I wanted. I am beginning to lean towards the possibility that crypto may have bottomed and a new up cycle is about to begin. if BTC can break above the previous swing high over 17174 this will confirm the move. while the 60 day cycle has been proven quite accurate for crypto, the 120 day cycle hasnt. So we will see if this cycle low in Feb/March will again bring it down into a major correction (even if BTC are to make a new high from here)

adam c
01-10-2018, 10:23 PM
While I was expecting a sub 1k price on BTC. the action today looks a little bullish. And seeing how hive and blok shares isnt puking lower like I wanted. I am beginning to lean towards the possibility that crypto may have bottomed and a new up cycle is about to begin. if BTC can break above the previous swing high over 17174 this will confirm the move. while the 60 day cycle has been proven quite accurate for crypto, the 120 day cycle hasnt. So we will see if this cycle low in Feb/March will again bring it down into a major correction (even if BTC are to make a new high from here)
SilverRex is this the BTC price drop you're looking for? almost 3k USD in an 1.5 hour

Korea creating a bill to ban Crypto trading

adam c
01-10-2018, 10:31 PM
if you know how to short, now's your time

SilverRex
01-10-2018, 10:42 PM
SilverRex is this the BTC price drop you're looking for? almost 3k USD in an 1.5 hour

Korea creating a bill to ban Crypto trading

no kidding, it just amazes me how these things line up. so was it news or was it technical. I see this like the China ban when it first hit newswire, just another opportunity to buy the big dip. I am hoping this will make blok, bloc and hive all gap down big. I want lower prices

adam c
01-10-2018, 10:46 PM
Down almost 4k on kucoin

SilverRex
01-10-2018, 10:55 PM
massive head and shoulder could target ripple as low as 1.20, I have my next order in the 1.20s, will see how the night goes.

CompletelyNumb
01-10-2018, 11:10 PM
On one hand, I'm pretty upset that my crypto portfolio has dropped nearly 40% this week.

On the other hand I'm still up over 100% across the board from when I first bought it.

SilverRex
01-11-2018, 09:45 AM
Ripple

well technically Ripple just achieved a lower low under the prior wave 4 (imo) now with a clear positive divergence an impulsive up leg breaking a sharp wedge (BO), I think the ABC correction is now completed. Next is to break the down channel.

https://s14.postimg.org/3yu13qv4x/ripple_01-11-2018.png

SilverRex
01-11-2018, 10:26 AM
BTC

here is a chart I pulled from some friends, look how great the 60 day cycle has worked for bitcoin. if BTC is headed down to sub 10k, it needs to do that now otherwise, it is about ready to make a new rally for the next 30 days.

https://s14.postimg.org/uu42iqzap/btc_cycle.png

Chandler_Racing
01-11-2018, 10:36 AM
Silver, you are not suggesting it is heading to $1k ($1,000)?

I ask because you said it twice, the first time I assumed it to be a typo and you meant $10k ($10,000)

SilverRex
01-11-2018, 10:40 AM
Silver, you are not suggesting it is heading to $1k ($1,000)?

I ask because you said it twice, the first time I assumed it to be a typo and you meant $10k ($10,000)

Yes it was a typo, 10k sorry.

dj_patm
01-11-2018, 11:09 AM
Holding on to Tron and hoping this hoopla is all FUD.

Don't really care if I'm wrong since I'm only $100 into it but if it turns out to be legit that could be huge for me. Getting killed on Stellar too lol.

Ripple and Iota are keeping me in the green. Both would need to tank quite a bit for me to see any real loss.

Brent.ff
01-11-2018, 11:19 AM
Holding on to Tron and hoping this hoopla is all FUD.

Don't really care if I'm wrong since I'm only $100 into it but if it turns out to be legit that could be huge for me. Getting killed on Stellar too lol.

Ripple and Iota are keeping me in the green. Both would need to tank quite a bit for me to see any real loss.

I got out of Tron too early, but at least i don't have to worry about the stupid thing anymore. I have some serious low-balls in on stellar and cardano in hopes i can sneak in cheap and make up for Tron.

Kobe
01-11-2018, 11:39 AM
massive head and shoulder could target ripple as low as 1.20, I have my next order in the 1.20s, will see how the night goes.

While doing graphs are you also looking at the new coins hitting the market...

XRP was premined (ALERTS) and still needs to release 60billion of the 99.9billion that was premined. are you taking into consideration the new like 4billionish that was recently released (Seems like it from the supply, could of swore it was around 33billion a few days ago now its at 39billion)

Because this is going to be moving the price down always..

More supply = lower demand..

I've never understood ripple (ya fast transfer speeds), banks like it but it's almost the most centralized coin out there... We can argue this just go into cognitive and search for most centralized coin.

Never been a fan because of it being premined, such a large supply + tons still not released which the owners of XRP are just holding.

My .02 cents though.

SilverRex
01-11-2018, 12:00 PM
While doing graphs are you also looking at the new coins hitting the market...

XRP was premined (ALERTS) and still needs to release 60billion of the 99.9billion that was premined. are you taking into consideration the new like 4billionish that was recently released (Seems like it from the supply, could of swore it was around 33billion a few days ago now its at 39billion)

Because this is going to be moving the price down always..

More supply = lower demand..

I've never understood ripple (ya fast transfer speeds), banks like it but it's almost the most centralized coin out there... We can argue this just go into cognitive and search for most centralized coin.

Never been a fan because of it being premined, such a large supply + tons still not released which the owners of XRP are just holding.

My .02 cents though.

your points are valid but isnt the reason why I hold Ripple. The only reason for me is seeing how banks are adopting this and new ones keeps getting added to the list is the key. we all know how big banks as a player can be. To me I see Ripple purely as a counter play to decentralized bitcoin. I even believe gov will support Ripple over all other crypto currency given it's characteristic. There are equally as many good features with Ripple, no power consumption issue, it has a max 100billion XRP that can ever exist and they get destroyed with each use which helps with the supply issue. If banks want to use digital currency for transaction, this will be it.

As for dumping new coins onto the market, like all markets, there will always be supply/demand issues. As long as demand is there, I dont see this being an issue. Especially if the demand is coming from banks across the world.

Beside I started Ripple with beer money and it turned into a good trading account. I really dont have much to lose. risk/reward is great from my view point

SilverRex
01-11-2018, 12:40 PM
Ripple nice reversal hammer on the 5m and possibly forming on the hourly. wave 4 done? looking for wave 5 to take out 2.25 and break the down channel.

adam c
01-11-2018, 12:48 PM
Well BTC hit 10k last night for about 20 minutes then started climbing back to its precrash numbers

Reports of North Korea mining Monero, I wonder if this will have any effect on the coin

Manhattan
01-11-2018, 04:06 PM
Reading this thread is cringe inducing like watching a train wreck in slow motion. Interesting how the public blame the last financial crisis on greedy bankers sitting in their ivory towers. A ton of regulation was added to the industry to prevent another devastating crash yet here we are again. People will always find a way to risk/lose their money.

aeMv9uKpAZg

Brent.ff
01-11-2018, 04:08 PM
with binance struggling to keep up with people joining, BNB seems like a decent idea.. they're putting like 240k users a day, and a portion of that has to be buying BNB to avoid fees..guess i shoulda got onto that yesterday

revelations
01-11-2018, 04:39 PM
Once we can diminish the roles of these big, vulnerable exchanges, (decentralized exchanges) things will improve. Atomic swaps and masternodes will go a long way.

Brent.ff
01-11-2018, 11:56 PM
Figured it out, people manipulating made me a sweet $20..ya baller

SilverRex
01-12-2018, 10:10 AM
the 60 day cycle low is due right about now, if BTC cannot produce a new low under 10k by now, chances are, the bottom may be in and a new up cycle will begin or has already begin.

SilverRex
01-12-2018, 08:13 PM
Ripple

Do we have a breakout here?

https://s13.postimg.org/d3q7idst3/ripple_breakout.png

Chandler_Racing
01-12-2018, 09:03 PM
Appears so, I’m watching the volumes closely.

What surprised me is the Money Gram announcement didn’t take it higher.

It definitely broke the downward trend, a few bullish green candles and it might take off.

Thaco
01-12-2018, 09:42 PM
Appears so, I’m watching the volumes closely.

What surprised me is the Money Gram announcement didn’t take it higher.

It definitely broke the downward trend, a few bullish green candles and it might take off.

i think there are so many announcements that have resulted in nothing at all, that people just dont believe anything anymore.

topher91
01-13-2018, 12:17 AM
Heard some rumor about wallstreet traders getting their bonuses mid January and we should see a spike in the market....thoughts?

I'm currently invested in XRP and was thinking of dropping some more cash into BNB as its currently being used to trade, seems like a low risk investment?

Subbed.

revelations
01-13-2018, 01:40 AM
I would "HODL" XRP for now, its found resistance at 2 USD levels. It might pop up a bit and then move sideways, but the long term trend is up.

SilverRex
01-13-2018, 10:23 PM
used the proceed from selling Ripple at 2.75 and buying back with the average price of 2.00, added to my LTC as well as Stellar. Trying to slowly diversify my holding with each winning trade.

Brent.ff
01-15-2018, 08:11 PM
Thoughts on ripple now Silver?

2Legit2Quit
01-16-2018, 08:52 AM
Chinese lunar new year, everything shitting the bed because people in Asia are pulling out money for travel/gifts. Same thing happened for Christmas.

SilverRex
01-16-2018, 09:46 AM
Ripple

well again having to taken 80% profit at 2.75 doesnt look too bad after all. Have been slowly scalling back in again and now the expected 1.60 was hit and all my orders are now filled. With this play, I managed to now have extra capital to increase my position if I get a surprise move down to the orange trading range. Otherwise having Ripple hit the 1.60 area has been my expectation ever since it topped as well as breaking below 2.09 Hopefully this is a text book style correction with new highs in the horizon.

https://s14.postimg.org/lgknc5nlt/ripple_01-10-2018.png

well did not expect Ripple could come down to the 1.2 area. after all, there were signs all over. the H&S neckline break did target the 1.2 area. and when price took out 1.6, it opened up the next trading range between 1.2-1.6. hack, the strong bounce off 1.57 was only 3 waves which is usually corrective. had I posted an update I would have suggested price must not break 1.90 or lower low ahead.

anyways it does appear BTC is on track for putting in the 60 day low as I said, it is seeking a low and it had to move. so far it is holding up well, it does not have to break 10k or even the low in December. the typical wave (C) are usually just capitulation events hence the move down generally are stronger. We will see how the week goes, will this south korean making bitcoin illegal just another smoke screen like China and what we are seeing is a massive opportunity here? No drop = no opportunity. Just like how the internet changed the world in 2000, I believe crypto are changing and will forever be changing how we do business and transact. Similar to 2000, a big wash out is needed in this sector so which ever coin is left standing or company wins.

I am fortunate to still have funds from my ripple profit I took at 2.75 to add another position at my 1.275 order. any further down I will just have to ride it out

SilverRex
01-16-2018, 11:32 AM
added another position in the 1.27 for Ripple. I sense despite the fear and panic out of all crypto currency. this was the low I was expecting for many weeks, can it go lower, maybe, but the idea is that it is seeking a low and once this is finished I think cryto will be positive for the rest of 2018. If one looks at bitcoin seasonal, it has always sell off at the beginning of the year bottom end of January then run up for the rest of the year. This happened in 2017, 2016 as well as 2015. so I am sticking to the pattern until it is no longer a pattern

Kobe
01-16-2018, 12:03 PM
added another position in the 1.27 for Ripple. I sense despite the fear and panic out of all crypto currency. this was the low I was expecting for many weeks, can it go lower, maybe, but the idea is that it is seeking a low and once this is finished I think cryto will be positive for the rest of 2018. If one looks at bitcoin seasonal, it has always sell off at the beginning of the year bottom end of January then run up for the rest of the year. This happened in 2017, 2016 as well as 2015. so I am sticking to the pattern until it is no longer a pattern

This correction was long coming and if you think smooth sailing after for the rest of the year that's just not going to happen. will have more corrections like this.

Hope people can buy the dips.

Sold $16,600
Bought $13,700
Sold $14,700
Bought $11,555

Did get raped on ALT's though Neo was holding me for awhile..

Hard when markets looking like this :D

https://i.gyazo.com/b5e226d0df703c12f37d97b023a092e8.png
:D

Welcome to cryptos <3

SilverRex
01-16-2018, 12:04 PM
BTC could not turn 16k into major support, the (B) wave bounce with (C) wave to come remains intact. the only way to turn this bullish again is to see a 1-2. 1-2 count and btc needs to break above 17k on a strong candle so I peg 75% a move below 10k is the higher probability at this time

https://s14.postimg.org/oyr2ye4xd/btc_01-08-2018.png

unit it finds a bottom and stabilizes, this continues to big the big picture

Kobe
01-16-2018, 12:43 PM
BTC selling for up to +7.5% right now :O That's insane hype is real for BTC

https://i.gyazo.com/3c5c22d1e69cf9d04f57f4db171a939a.png

Deleted names for security...

pheoxs
01-16-2018, 01:00 PM
Overheard at coffee: You should buy bitcoins, its free money. You just buy it today and in a week it'll be worth like 50% more, its great.

:facepalm:

killramos
01-16-2018, 01:06 PM
Any of you guys tried Casinos? Would be right up your alley.

Might even have some fun while you are at it.

Kobe
01-16-2018, 01:51 PM
Overheard at coffee: You should buy bitcoins, its free money. You just buy it today and in a week it'll be worth like 50% more, its great.

:facepalm:

:D there is a poker now crypto guy has a very big poker following (Won the $111,111 buyin for 3.6mill this year) which has a crypto channel and is def honest and has been going hard at the idiots with shit youtube channels and calling them all out.

Recommend checking him out if you find those "Buy you can't lose guys annoying" since his bashing them hard lately

Very entertaining not the most knowledgeable but also not selling you bullshit or any coins for that matter, just educating you + giving some news.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC4sS8q8E5ayyghbhiPon4uw

Any of you guys tried Casinos? Would be right up your alley.

Might even have some fun while you are at it.

https://betking.io/ is owned by a "gambler" it's legit he donated 25btc during christmas to charities on reddit

There is a few gambling websites that allow cashouts in BTC mostly for the purpose it's harder for the DOJ to track them, but gamboling btc with markets is enough for me :D

pheoxs
01-16-2018, 01:55 PM
I'm on the fence about buying back in to Eth soon but as soon as I go back to holding cryptos I seem to obsessively read on them / follow the markets and it wastes a lot of time. Eth has the most utility and future potential I think (since a lot more can run on top of it for applications) so I could see it taking over from BTC before any others. The rest mostly just act as currencies or solve one or two of BTCs issues.

suntan
01-16-2018, 04:04 PM

BavarianBeast
01-16-2018, 04:48 PM
The string I threw on the floor shows ripple going to 50 cents.

tha_bandit
01-16-2018, 05:47 PM
credit card company (capital one) started blocking crypto purchases

Xtrema
01-16-2018, 07:58 PM
All this because China perma ban all Crypto?

Kobe
01-16-2018, 09:45 PM
Not at all about china.. They banned Bitcoin many times now :D

This is normal in Cryptos and it was a long time coming, buy the dips!

nzwasp
01-16-2018, 09:47 PM
credit card company (capital one) started blocking crypto purchases

I dont understand this, how is buying crypto different than buying other shit with your credit card.

tha_bandit
01-16-2018, 09:53 PM
^banks gonna be banks, people maxing out their credit cards?

pheoxs
01-16-2018, 10:36 PM
I dont understand this, how is buying crypto different than buying other shit with your credit card.

They can block it due to fraud / money laundering potential. Its super easy for someone to steal your card, but some coins and send them to an address and there's no way to do a chargeback.

SilverRex
01-17-2018, 10:30 AM
BTC

when I posted a count suggesting price to break 10k, I guess not too many believed it. Just wanting to re-iterate why technical analysis do work. This came well before the south korean news ban ever hit the wire. Now that price has finally came to the blue box and fulfilled the requirement of dropping below wave (A). we can start to anticipate a bottom. The general idea now is a 5-3-5 wave pattern. and so far I think wave 3 of (C) down at 9k is should be completed the wave 4 bounce appears to be underway. The alt count in orange suggest we could also have a WXY where W=Y and could have ended at 9k. This is not my prefer count but it is a possibility. That is why those who were patience the 9k level is a good entry to hold for long term. Those who are suffering a draw down will just have to ride this correction out. having crypto crash 30-50% is nothing new. this is the volatility one accepts when entering the market, the reward of course compensates this in quick order.

personally I dont have btc I have ripple, and yes it has over shot all my target and then some. These counts and guidelines are merely just projections based on human emotion and market cycles which will forever be embedded to trading so long humans are in charge of this planet , one of the advantage using technical analysis or Elliot wave count principle (for me anyways) is to understand what is in a trend up cycle and what is not and a correction when I see one hence I act or trade accordingly.

https://s14.postimg.org/yqce4zaz5/btc_01-2017-2018.png

Kobe
01-17-2018, 11:42 AM
In other news ponziscamcoin Bitconnect closed their doors..

https://coinmarketcap.com/currencies/bitconnect/

Always hated this shit and pissed me off how so many people were buying it, glad it's done for.. Can't believe people still buying this.. :D