PDA

View Full Version : Why no veggies and fruit?

speedog
01-07-2018, 01:00 PM
Old man yelling at the clouds again with another shit quality thread but I'll ask why so many just do not eat veggies and fruit?

Our kids, they'll eat anything under the sun but that's probably because my wife and I are the same way and my parents were as well when I was a youngster many decades ago. But our two sort of adopted kids, hell the one is just carrots, asparagus and broccoli and the other, carrots, broccoli, cauliflower and potatoes. Those two are also always just carb loading, chips, cereal, rice and yet they can't figure out why they feel unwell so much of the time and have weight issues.

Hell, I joke that out two Guinea pigs eat better than those two. Most of the people we know, fruit sand veggies are a rarity as well - my SIL's place is just apples and bananas and bananas are quite rare as well. Veggies are scarce too. My eldest nephew is strictly a meat and potatoes guy, when he was a youngster it was just hotdogs and KD and his parents indulged him to the point that they'd bring warmed up hotdogs and KD to family get togethers and restaurants. Yeah, that's lazy parenting in my books but lazy parenting just seems to be all too common when it comes to fruit and veggies.

As a final example, who the hell doesn't like a slice of good watermelon on a warm summer day and I know plenty of kids and young adults who'll turn their nose up at that. Our rule of thumb with our kids was they had to try something once and with an open mind as well but because we had done this with them as soon as they eating regular foods it never became a game to them.

In the end, I think the health and wellness of the general population would be quite a bit better off if people just ate more fruit and veggies and especially so in their uncooked forms. Otherwise, they'll be my SIL's family who catch every cold/flu and run to the doctor/pharmacy at the drop of the hat and now my SIL is fairly immunity challenged in her 50's - so much so that people won't go visit them if they have the sniffles themselves because she'll probably get quite sick.

You beyond members, do you or your kids eat fresh fruit and veggies as a regular daily part of your diet? If not, why?

zhao
01-07-2018, 03:35 PM
few reasons:

1) getting a bad one.
2) convenience.
3) taste buds

1: getting a bad one turned me off from that particular thing for awhile. You get more consistency with shit food. It's not that I disliked stuff when I was young, but it was pretty random. also, IMO in canada, a lot of our fruit is complete shit. it was picked 6000 years before it should have been so it can survive a boat ride and sit in a store for 2 months before it ripens. Go eat a grape fruit off a tree in california and then go eat one of our sad sacks of shit we get sold in a grocery store.
2: its easier to grab something from the cubboard that's already prepared, so it comes down to laziness/time. who wants to spend 5 minutes preparing somethign when they could grab something in 3 seconds (this is why the fruit i eat is generally just bite in to it fruit, like apples). Plus you need to buy it frequently to keep it fresh. Now growing up in bc we had a yard full of fruit trees, and there pretty much was raspberry bushes all around, so i ate that stuff when u could just walk up to a tree or bush, likewise when i viisted my grandparents farm here in alberta, i ate veggies from their garden all the time. pull a carrot out of the ground and go was pretty good, but no thx if its in a fridge cuz u gotta do something with it usually.
3: tastebuds. well, the older i get the more I like this stuff i guess. I'll have an apple or 2 a day lately, or some random asian grapefruit or pear. I have a cousin that hates candy, and his idea of desert from age 4-5 was fruit, and to this day still has that same hatrid of candy and like of fruit. his brother was pretty much normal. so some people are just different.

also, what is wrong with apples and bananas? what is wrong with carrots and asparagus and broccoli? dont tell me you're advocating its not real fruits and vegs if its not some hipster niche market thing no one's ever heard of, like a variety of kale only found in east timor, and some sorta purple brocolli thing.

firebane
01-07-2018, 03:56 PM
I can't eat most vegetables or foods due to taste buds.

I don't eat mustard, mayo, miracle whip etc. Texture also plays a huge role for foods to be eaten but I also grew up forced to eat foods I didn't like as well.

ExtraSlow
01-07-2018, 04:24 PM
Because everything was better when you were younger. People were smarter, healthier, and generally better.

max_boost
01-07-2018, 05:23 PM
Do you lift bro

NissanFanBoy
01-07-2018, 05:31 PM
Vegetarian for 5 months, vegan for 2 weeks ... Will get back into bodybuilding in the spring as a vegan, you absolutely do not need meat to do it. We have the technology to extract vitamin B12 from things like grass now, iron and protein will come from stuff like oatmeal, spinach, tofu, nuts, the list goes on. There is a growing body of evidence that meat of any kind along with dairy products do more harm than good.

A790
01-07-2018, 06:28 PM
^ lol

I eat a serving of blueberries/raspberries and oats with my greek yogurt every day, as well as an apple or banana. Every meal comes with a portion of veggies.

I've observed that in order to facilitate my dietary habits, we need to be in the grocery store at least twice per week. Fresh fruit/veg doesn't last much longer than a few days, and I've learned the hard way that buying "bulk" to last a week to ten days just results in mouldy food.

killramos
01-07-2018, 06:29 PM
Sounds like too many people who have never been genuinely hungry in their lives.

My wife's sisters are like this and apparently refuse to eat pretty well anything. When they were here in December I made a real dinner for adults and put it in front of them and told them idgaf if they eat it or not but that's what's for dinner.

They ate it :rofl:

People just need to get off their high horse about trendy California diets and get used to eating vegetables that actually grow in Canada and you don't have issues with freshness.

At the same time I really just dgaf what people eat, more for me.

firebane
01-07-2018, 07:20 PM
Sounds like too many people who have never been genuinely hungry in their lives.

My wife's sisters are like this and apparently refuse to eat pretty well anything. When they were here in December I made a real dinner for adults and put it in front of them and told them idgaf if they eat it or not but that's what's for dinner.

They ate it :rofl:

People just need to get off their high horse about trendy California diets and get used to eating vegetables that actually grow in Canada and you don't have issues with freshness.

At the same time I really just dgaf what people eat, more for me.

I have been on the receiving end of getting food from food banks and having no food at all. You can still be picky and find ways to eat what you want on little to nothing.

No matter how hungry I would get you could not get me to eat a sandwich with mayo on it.

max_boost
01-07-2018, 07:22 PM
Benefits of growing up poor, you eat or you die lol

Marsh
01-22-2018, 03:43 PM
Maybe its me, but I find the quality of diet differs amongst economic/social classes. Poor people don't tend to eat as much fruits/veggies/overall balanced diet and gear towards breads/grains/meat, as well as eating out alot. I find richer people tend to eat more fruits/veggies/balanced and eat more at home than out. Just an observation of viewing friends/family/coworkers/customers etc.

firebane
01-22-2018, 03:57 PM
Maybe its me, but I find the quality of diet differs amongst economic/social classes. Poor people don't tend to eat as much fruits/veggies/overall balanced diet and gear towards breads/grains/meat, as well as eating out alot. I find richer people tend to eat more fruits/veggies/balanced and eat more at home than out. Just an observation of viewing friends/family/coworkers/customers etc.

Thats because poor people can't afford fresh. When 6 apples costs you almost $7 thats crazy.

tirebob
01-22-2018, 04:04 PM
I grew up Ukrainian and we ate everything... Almost nothing got wasted. My mom was of the "if you don't want it, don't eat it, but you sure as hell aren't getting anything else" school. We always had veggies and salads as part of our meals, and I ate it all.

There were a few things growing up that I could stand, but even then as I grew up I outgrew my distaste for them.

Maxx Mazda
01-22-2018, 04:05 PM
I travel a lot (upwards of 200 days a year) and I always try to grab some fresh fruit at the airport or if I’m in a hurry I’ll chug a V8. (Lots of sodium but I don’t give a shit, drink more water.)

ZenOps
01-22-2018, 05:35 PM
Does avocado toast count as a veggie?

lasimmon
01-22-2018, 05:59 PM
Thats because poor people can't afford fresh. When 6 apples costs you almost $7 thats crazy.

Yah this about sums it up. Rich people have someone at home usually to make nicer dinners, can afford fresh/organic/out of season veggies. etc.

89coupe
01-22-2018, 06:45 PM
We eat fresh food almost daily.

My son eats a lunch every day that consists of, 1 apple , 1 orange, a cucumber, snap peas, handful of carrots, grape tomatoes, along with a turkey sandwich on multi grain, a granola bar & some sesame snaps.

For breakfast he usually has oats or some sort of multi grain cereal.

For dinner we usually have chicken, or fish with two sides of fresh vegetables and a starch.

My son only drinks water or milk.

The rest of us try to eat just as well.

I’m guilty of lots of booze on the weekend haha.

We don’t consume much sugar in our family.

We also stay away from processed and fried foods.

Meat is essential in a healthy diet, Vegans are idiots, seriously.

NissanFanBoy
01-22-2018, 07:10 PM
We eat fresh food almost daily.

My son eats a lunch every day that consists of, 1 apple , 1 orange, a cucumber, snap peas, handful of carrots, grape tomatoes, along with a turkey sandwich on multi grain, a granola bar & some sesame snaps.

For breakfast he usually has oats or some sort of multi grain cereal.

For dinner we usually have chicken, or fish with two sides of fresh vegetables and a starch.

My son only drinks water or milk.

The rest of us try to eat just as well.

I’m guilty of lots of booze on the weekend haha.

We don’t consume much sugar in our family.

We also stay away from processed and fried foods.

Meat is essential in a healthy diet, Vegans are idiots, seriously.

Really? I can get everything you get in your meat (and more) from non-meat.... Explain that.

klumsy_tumbler
01-23-2018, 11:08 AM
Really? I can get everything you get in your meat (and more) from non-meat.... Explain that.

Vitamin B12?

(Not knocking your dietary choices, just wondering where you get B12 when there are no natural, plant-based sources)

Hallowed_point
01-23-2018, 11:50 AM
I couldn't live without oranges, avocados, bananas, carrots, potatoes, grapes, peppers and so forth. I can't recall a recent day where I haven't had at least 2-3 of them.

I think this is an AB thing. Or maybe a Calgary thing. Back home (Vancouver Island - Lotus Land) we used to go to the farmer's market at least twice a week.

ExtraSlow
01-23-2018, 11:53 AM
So little fruit is grown here that it's easy and reasonable to have less of it in your diet compared to places with milder weather. importing blackberries from south america is kind of insane.

vengie
01-23-2018, 12:02 PM
Vegetarian for 5 months, vegan for 2 weeks ... Will get back into bodybuilding in the spring as a vegan, you absolutely do not need meat to do it. We have the technology to extract vitamin B12 from things like grass now, iron and protein will come from stuff like oatmeal, spinach, tofu, nuts, the list goes on. There is a growing body of evidence that meat of any kind along with dairy products do more harm than good.

Q: How do you know if someone in the room is Vegan/ Vegetarian?

A: Don't worry, they will make it their mission to tell you.

firebane
01-23-2018, 12:10 PM
I couldn't live without oranges, avocados, bananas, carrots, potatoes, grapes, peppers and so forth. I can't recall a recent day where I haven't had at least 2-3 of them.

I think this is an AB thing. Or maybe a Calgary thing. Back home (Vancouver Island - Lotus Land) we used to go to the farmer's market at least twice a week.

Fresh fruit and veggies in BC is farrrrrrrrrrrrrrr cheaper than here.

Richmond market off Stevenston would have crazy prices and make it easy to buy fresh.

NissanFanBoy
01-23-2018, 12:35 PM
Vitamin B12?

(Not knocking your dietary choices, just wondering where you get B12 when there are no natural, plant-based sources)

It is found in plant based sources, it's rare, but thanks to technology, it can be extracted and taken in pill form or fortified in foods like cereal.

Also, foods like tempeh and kimchi have it. It's formed by bacteria.

It's also a myth about how much we actually need in our diets just like protein...I remember in my 20s getting huge was all the rage and it was all about protein protein protein!!!!!!!!!!! So I'm quite familiar about how much protein our bodies actually need.

NissanFanBoy
01-23-2018, 12:45 PM
Q: How do you know if someone in the room is Vegan/ Vegetarian?

A: Don't worry, they will make it their mission to tell you.

Lol trust me I'm not one of those in real life.. But yes, I know the kind you're referring to and they are pretty damn annoying. And looking back I don't even know why I thought that was relevant to post, must have been super bored.

MalibuStacy
01-23-2018, 01:15 PM
To some extent taste has some part to play, hell great example: I hate avocado, but my sister loves them. We both were brought up with lots of fresh F&V but there will always be some thing you just don't like due to taste preferences.

I don't really agree with the price argument. I have been living on my own for a number of years now and one of my biggest issues when I moved was whether I could continue to eat fresh F&V. Honestly when I looked at the base price/quantity, the price wasn't really different. The biggest part is the convenience! It is easy to open a bag of chips which requires no washing or cutting...

J-hop
01-23-2018, 02:41 PM
It is found in plant based sources, it's rare, but thanks to technology, it can be extracted and taken in pill form or fortified in foods like cereal.

Also, foods like tempeh and kimchi have it. It's formed by bacteria.

It's also a myth about how much we actually need in our diets just like protein...I remember in my 20s getting huge was all the rage and it was all about protein protein protein!!!!!!!!!!! So I'm quite familiar about how much protein our bodies actually need.

Google vegan jaundice, it’s a myth how little b12 vegans think you need in your diet.

Veganism is fine, the moral argument is sound. But the second people start trying to claim it’s better for you and quote the scientifically unsound “China study” they lose all credibility

HiTempguy1
01-23-2018, 03:13 PM
the moral argument is sound...they lose all credibility

No. All of its arguments are asinine. Do what you want, but don't think it somehow makes you somehow morally superior or some bullshit :rofl:

JRSC00LUDE
01-23-2018, 03:25 PM

You do realize that this fact completely negates the silly argument the humans were never intended to eat meat, right?

Be vegan all you want but no, you won't ultimately be healthier than a meat eater who eats a quality balanced diet. Even more so without synthetic supplementation. No amount of kool-aid funded "research" is going to change that.

msommers
01-23-2018, 03:39 PM
The latest trend of vegan/vegetarian documentaries on Netflix has certainly piqued my interest but it's pretty hard to take them as scientifically sound. Some interesting topics I've been meaning to fact-check. One was how do silverbacks gorillas get so massive if they just eat plants all day. Another was they were claiming that anatomically we are more designed to eat plants than meats.

Some of their claims are very disingenuous and really give me pause to any claims they make. For example, red meat and chicken have the same amount of cholesterol. For sake of argument lets just say they are, but they fail to recognize that there are different types of cholesterol.

My GF and I have decided we'll give a vegan diet a try with B12 supplements at some point. The plan is to go in for blood work, do the vegan thing for a month, and then go in for blood work again and compare.

Overall it'll be hard. I love cheese. I love eggs. I love fish, especially salmon. I love chicken. I love steak every once in a while. And I'm allergic to lots of nuts.

Guys like this give me more skepticism than anything -- What isn't he telling us? But I'm totally open to the fact that I don't know everything and everyone is different.

https://www.gq.com/story/vegan-diet-of-nfl-player-david-carter

tirebob
01-23-2018, 03:53 PM
I am a tried and true lifelong meat eater, but I have quite a few vegan friends, and some are hardcore athletes, fighters, bodybuilding etc, and they are all super healthy and competitive. I think like anything, if you monitor your diet and eat what you need, you will be healthy. It doesn't matter weather you are vegan or not, but when you take a militant stand on either side of the argument you just end up looking silly.

JRSC00LUDE
01-23-2018, 03:54 PM
There's tons of benefit to getting far more veggies into our diets than many of us do, especially in NA, however the claims that meat consumption "period" is bad are just utter crap.

tirebob
01-23-2018, 04:01 PM
There's tons of benefit to getting far more veggies into our diets than many of us do, especially in NA, however the claims that meat consumption "period" is bad are just utter crap.
Absolutely agree... Just like those people who say that 100% vegan diets are unhealthy "period" is utter crap. The truth is if you have a solid diet and you are being provided with the nutrients you need for the body you have and the life you live, it does not matter what source the food comes from.

I think though there is a legitimate argument that for some people, their digestion systems do not deal well with certain foods, and I do know people who had lifelong issues that no amount of medicine etc would help, but cleared up totally by moving to a vegan diet. I think that is the biggest issue... Too many people seem to think what is best for them must be best for everyone.

89coupe
01-23-2018, 04:02 PM
Fact check using credible sources.

https://www.mayoclinic.org/drugs-supplements-vitamin-b12/art-20363663

Food sources of vitamin B-12 include poultry, meat, fish and dairy products

The fact you have to use the word supplement is evidence alone that you are on the wrong path.

It’s impossible arguing to someone who ignores the facts and seeks out alternative choices as a lifestyle change.

Humans evolved from consuming shell fish and other sources of meat.

You aren’t a cow, or a bird, or an ape, you are a human.

A balanced diet consisting of fruits, vegetables, grains, & meats is the best approach to a healthy diet.

JRSC00LUDE
01-23-2018, 04:25 PM
The truth is if you have a solid diet and you are being provided with the nutrients you need for the body you have and the life you live, it does not matter what source the food comes from.

This part is the key. Science has made a healthier vegan existence possible through supplementation, great news for persons who are healthier than they were before by switching to that kind of diet.

mazdavirgin
01-23-2018, 04:28 PM

The fact you have to use the word supplement is evidence alone that you are on the wrong path.

It’s impossible arguing to someone who ignores the facts and seeks out alternative choices as a lifestyle change.

A balanced diet consisting of fruits, vegetables, grains, & meats is the best approach to a healthy diet.

To be fair you can have a vegetarian diet and be completely fine. Plenty of cultures have historically lived vegetarian diets supplemented with animal products like eggs, milk, cheese, honey, etc... You don't have to consume the animals themselves. The problem is when people go off the deep end and go vegan.

Xtrema
01-23-2018, 04:36 PM
Meat/Veg+Fruit/Grain

Used to be 50/25/25, now 25/50/25 to try to stay healthy.

Those $6/$3 fast food coupons are tempting. While I can definitely feed myself for under $5/meal not counting energy and prep, those fast food deals are definitely great for people on the go or on the road a lot.

I found it really hard to eat healthy while on the road.

taemo
01-23-2018, 04:38 PM
The latest trend of vegan/vegetarian documentaries on Netflix has certainly piqued my interest but it's pretty hard to take them as scientifically sound. Some interesting topics I've been meaning to fact-check. One was how do silverbacks gorillas get so massive if they just eat plants all day. Another was they were claiming that anatomically we are more designed to eat plants than meats.

Some of their claims are very disingenuous and really give me pause to any claims they make. For example, red meat and chicken have the same amount of cholesterol. For sake of argument lets just say they are, but they fail to recognize that there are different types of cholesterol.

My GF and I have decided we'll give a vegan diet a try with B12 supplements at some point. The plan is to go in for blood work, do the vegan thing for a month, and then go in for blood work again and compare.

Overall it'll be hard. I love cheese. I love eggs. I love fish, especially salmon. I love chicken. I love steak every once in a while. And I'm allergic to lots of nuts.

Guys like this give me more skepticism than anything -- What isn't he telling us? But I'm totally open to the fact that I don't know everything and everyone is different.

https://www.gq.com/story/vegan-diet-of-nfl-player-david-carter

Have a friend that is vegan and his GF vegetarian/pescatarian and got to try some of their food and they actually aren't bad.
Seitan could actually be a good meat replacement, reminds me alot of a firmer tofu when fried but why bother when I can get some pork or chicken.
Tried their home-made vegan burger too and it was really filling.

Wouldn't actually mind trying this
http://www.metronews.ca/news/calgary/2018/01/15/meatless-meat-burger-ketchups-to-calgary-vegan-scene.html

In the end, I'll stay omnivore as I don't see any real benefit going vegan/vegetarian and in the belief that anything in moderation is fine.

Only time I would seriously go vegan or vegetarian is if I were against animal killing for food.

msommers
01-23-2018, 04:50 PM
I think though there is a legitimate argument that for some people, their digestion systems do not deal well with certain foods, and I do know people who had lifelong issues that no amount of medicine etc would help

Lots of people are more sensitive to certain foods than they even realize. FODmap dieting is as basic of prescription as it gets from GI specialists.

tonytiger55
01-23-2018, 04:52 PM
I try to grab fruit when I can. if im honest I find it a struggle here at times. The quality is hit and miss too.
It defo a lifestyle change on how about I shop for it. When I was living back in the UK you can grab stuff from the cornershop on the way home, or pop to the store around the corner at lunch time and its dirt cheap. Here its a planned mission to the big box stores and its not cheap either.

As for the Meat vs Vegetarian discussion.
The UK Edition of Mens Health Magazine and the general consensus was that red meat is bad for you. You would always see meal plans with chicken etc.
When I read the North America edition, the view seemed the opposite. I was shocked to see recommendations of steak/red meat.

Meat is good if you can get it and in moderation.

You can be vegetarian (with milk products) and be fine. There many people in India (well.. quite a few million) that are doing ok.

What I think what is missing from the argument is quality of the meat and vegetables you are eating. They are lacking here.
Also how to eat for your age.

NissanFanBoy
01-23-2018, 04:54 PM

You can't use this evolution argument, if you do then that means we are also constantly evolving, look at your teeth now compared to the caveman days, our four little sharp teeth have evolved to become essentially useless. This happened as our brains got bigger, do what does that mean, perhaps we no longer need the caveman diet?

Seth1968
01-23-2018, 05:15 PM
For some reason, I find eating fruit to be impractical and tedious. That's why I buy frozen fruit and blend it into an anti-disease drink.

I'm slowly reducing my meat intake, but I have no desire from a taste or health perspective to remove it completely.

ZenOps
01-23-2018, 08:42 PM
Its true though that this *is* Canada. Citrus fruits especially can be hard to come by naturally.

I remember watching a documentary about Inuit living closer to the North pole. Their only source of vitamin C, was Narwhal meat. If they were forced to eat only rabbit meat, any human would eventually die.

scboss
01-23-2018, 11:51 PM
I don't know what worse a child saying no to fruit/veggies or a grown man/woman crying that the gag when they eat vegetables. I've literally had an old obese client lose 40lbs in a weigh in (4 months) by replacing 1 meal a day with vegetables. She hadn't eaten a vegetable in 20 years and her weight was close to 350 yet she would still bitch about eating them. This same person asked me if she could wrap fries with lettuce lol.

We are so lucky to even have access to the produce we have here. It can be tough to get it cheap but the deals are around.

Main reasons why people don't eat these
1. convience
2. they go bad
3. grew up eating shit

Main reasons why you should eat them
1. Low calories
2. High in nutrients
3. You shit 1-2 times a day vs 1x a week lol

To many people now replace food with supplements.

msommers
01-23-2018, 11:51 PM

I assume then you do not and have not taken multivitamins before? Protein powder?

scboss
01-23-2018, 11:53 PM
Benefits of growing up poor, you eat or you die lol

And this.

Seth1968
01-24-2018, 07:14 AM
No need for fruit or veggies.

Even the crappiest cereal screams out that it contains all sorts of vitamins, minerals, antioxidants, etc :facepalm:

Darell_n
01-24-2018, 07:47 AM
Going back to the cost of fresh veggies, if you are in the area of Redcliff next to Medicine Hat, stop at one of the dozens of greenhouses there. They have self-serve rooms open 24 hrs/day and you can buy all the fresh off the vine veggies you can carry for the money in the cup holder in your car. Their ‘ugly’ veggies that the stores don’t buy need some love too. ie English cucumber not perfectly straight, the horror!

JRSC00LUDE
01-24-2018, 09:15 AM
I assume then you do not and have not taken multivitamins before? Protein powder?

You're confusing choosing to take supplements with NEEDING to take supplements.

Hallowed_point
01-24-2018, 09:40 AM
Personally, I've taken a multitude of body building and general health supplements for the past 15 years or so. You're better off investing that money in quality foods, fruits and veggies. All that protein powder
tends to do is give you massive stinky craps and indigestion. I'll occasionally have a quality whey isolate with a shake for breakfast, but to have those daily again? No way.

"To many people now replace food with supplements. "

89coupe
01-24-2018, 09:48 AM

Exactly.

The fact a person has to take supplements to gain the necessary vitamins and minerals is a clear indication that their diet is fucked up.

As for fruit and vegetables being expensive, maybe, but I seem to find reasonable prices at my local market or Costco.

Two crowns of broccoli is only $4
Two bunches of Swiss Chard is only $5
We buy family packs of Chicken thighs at Costco for $17
Salmon has gone up a lot but you can still get a whole large salmon for $30
Pork Tenderloins at Costco are only $17 that’s a family pack.
A large bag of potatoes is $7
I buy large bags of rice for $30

We separate all our protein into portions and freeze them.
I can make a whole amazing fresh meal for a family of 4 for around $25

msommers
01-24-2018, 10:03 AM

That's fair.

HiTempguy1
01-24-2018, 10:21 AM
You're better off investing that money in quality foods, fruits and veggies.

No way man, gotta get all that protein and supplements in you so you can get swol son!

The health "industrial complex" is an interesting beast. Its basically the equivalent of Chinese medicine. And its worth billions :facepalm:

Hallowed_point
01-24-2018, 10:43 AM
No way man, gotta get all that protein and supplements in you so you can get swol son!

The health "industrial complex" is an interesting beast. Its basically the equivalent of Chinese medicine. And its worth billions :facepalm:

100% agree buddy. It's sad.

ZenOps
02-15-2018, 11:37 AM
"I am not a vegetarian because I love animals; I am a vegetarian because I hate plants" - Quote from human on planet earth.