View Full Version : 4age mr2 crowd plz have a look

sherazshahid1
03-25-2004, 08:50 AM
hay ppl

i have a 4age engine
iam planing to use a 4agze(supercharger)block with the head of th 4age engine
after this iam going to turbo charge this engine ,
and use a turbo cluct and pressure plate

ok so now how much boost preseure in psi can i safly run on this block without changing the internels(as i think the gze block has forged pistons already as stock) will it be safe to run 10 psi on this block and wat else will i need ,will the 4age ecu work for this much boost ?if not will a 4agze ecu work for 10 psi? and will it go along with the 4age head???????????????????
i wana get reliable power from the car so how much can i get out of the car from the obve setup?

EK 2.0
03-25-2004, 10:05 AM
Why not use the S/C head, I mean it was designed and made by Yamaha wasn't it??...I am sure it superior flow characteristics over the N/A head man...

And as for boost, 7psi is what i would run of course with proper fuel management and TUNING man...I cannot stress the "T" word enough...

Happy Boosting:thumbsup:

MK2MR2
03-25-2004, 12:07 PM
Cyclone is right, the SC head is already machined and designed for max flow, the NA head doesnt come anywhere near it. 7-8 psi sounds about right for what you have mentioned. TUNING is a MUST!

my advice to you....go to www.mr2oc.com that is the Mr2 board, post this question there under the MK1 SC section and you will get TONS of feedback, and your question will be answered in full.

EK 2.0
03-25-2004, 01:08 PM
Oh wait I forgot...even PM TwinchargedAE86 on this borad, I think thats his user name he has a S/C and a Turbo AE86 and he will definetly have a lot of info for you...

lancer_evo_7
03-25-2004, 02:11 PM
Yep, twinchargedae86 will definately know. hes running a 4agze that is supercharged and turbocharged. hence the name. ive seen it first hand (bought my rx7 from him) Good luck with the engine.:burnout:

bmeier
03-25-2004, 03:54 PM
Man there is a lot of misinformation going around here.

To begin with there are two types of heads a small port and a large port. All north american 4agze used the largeport head which is indentical to the regular 4age head.

Now with the 4agze block there are two types as well, one has 8 to 1 compression pistions the other has 8.9 to 1.

You should probably find out which you have.

You can run 10 - 15 psi safely on the stock 4agze computer, but the regular 4age computer is a piece of trash and will not handle boost.

if you need anyother info email me at [email protected]
i have done 3 4agze swaps and one with turbo.