PDA

View Full Version : what if...

Hipermax_d
10-02-2002, 08:22 PM
what would todays streets be like if the movie fast and the furious was never made?
would there be less hardkore ricers? less people racing in their parents caravan, intrepid??

Maxt
10-02-2002, 08:28 PM
Or American Graffiti, or Two lane Blacktop, or Bullit, or Rebel without a cause, or Christine, or Vanishing point etc etc etc.... Street racing is as old as the automobile itself, its nothing new, its just this generations turn to do it..Maxt

infamous
10-02-2002, 08:30 PM
i think that street racing will happen no matter what...if tfatf or gone in 60 seconds or any other car movies had never been released, i still think that the car scene would be big, just not as big...and yes, there still would be deaths because of fucking retards, and there would be "ricers" and everything...i just don't think that the car scene on the whole would be as big....

just my 0.02

Masta Dz16
10-02-2002, 08:50 PM
Originally posted by infamous
i think that street racing will happen no matter what...if tfatf or gone in 60 seconds or any other car movies had never been released, i still think that the car scene would be big, just not as big...and yes, there still would be deaths because of fucking retards, and there would be "ricers" and everything...i just don't think that the car scene on the whole would be as big....

just my 0.02

I really doubt that it would have an effect at all, import racing isn't that all that new, like if think about did muscle car owners need movies to inspire them to go to the track are race on the streets, the same goes for hot rods, Imports are a generation just like muscle cars and hot rods where. There might be like a little change but not that big of one. I'm pretty sure if it tfatf was never made, i'm sure people would still race to get that pump of adrenaline, or to see who is a faster driver or who has a better car.

Stratus_Power
10-02-2002, 08:54 PM
lets change the question.. what if the movie never mention anything about a "10 sec car"

infamous
10-02-2002, 08:56 PM
Originally posted by Masta Dz16

I really doubt that it would have an effect at all, import racing isn't that all that new, like if think about did muscle car owners need movies to inspire them to go to the track are race on the streets, the same goes for hot rods, Imports are a generation just like muscle cars and hot rods where. There might be like a little change but not that big of one. I'm pretty sure if it tfatf was never made, i'm sure people would still race to get that pump of adrenaline, or to see who is a faster driver or who has a better car.

i agree, but like i said, i don't think that the import scene would be as big (ie. no tfatf cavaliers, etc. etc.)

ninjak84
10-02-2002, 09:53 PM
street racing has been around forever.
the movie only changed what some cars look like

Boost Infested
10-02-2002, 09:56 PM
yes, if F n' F was never made, there would be less MORONS at the bs and street racing..........

RSeXy
10-02-2002, 09:57 PM
Originally posted by ninjak84
street racing has been around forever.
the movie only changed what some cars look like

Exactly! Haven't you guys ever seen Grease? :D

Zephyr
10-02-2002, 10:01 PM
if fnf wasn't made, there wouldn't be as many 10 year olds dreaming about getting a neon green eclipse.....

three.eighteen.
10-03-2002, 02:47 AM
did they have rice back when muscle cars dominated the racing scene? the gay guy with the odd I6 powered rod that got the non-functional hood scoops on his car...and lots of holley, edekbrock and hooker header stickers

shadowz
10-03-2002, 03:16 AM
There would be a lot less rice and idiots on the road that think every light is a street race. We wouldnt have such a bad rep and the previously well organized racing on 50th would still be giong on.

Ferio_vti
10-03-2002, 09:03 AM
If there was F&F, there would be idiots with rice for us to make fun of.

Hipermax_d
10-03-2002, 11:06 AM
Originally posted by Ferio_vti
If there was F&F, there would be idiots with rice for us to make fun of.

haha how true. like the latino heat civic