PDA

View Full Version : Dark Chocolate

nabilbb
01-16-2018, 05:01 PM
Question:
I read here (https://mytoneonline.com/easy-diet-follow/) that dark chocolate is good for You.
When comparing the health benefit and the harm of added Sugar in it, Which one is higher? Benefit or harm?

Mitsu3000gt
01-16-2018, 05:07 PM
You can get proper dark chocolate that is around 70-80% actual cacau with only enough butter in it to keep it from crumbling, rather than garbage dark chocolate that is mostly coco butter and sugar (some advertise 70-80% and it's almost all coco butter). Also a little bit of sugar isn't going to hurt anyone, and nobody should be eating an entire bar of chocolate like that in one sitting anyways. So I think if there are benefits that outweigh the unhealthier aspects, they would probably apply to quality dark chocolate rather than the junk you can buy at the grocery store. Just my guess anyway.

I have also listened to several scientific podcasts on anti-oxidants, and the conclusion they came to is basically that based on peer reviewed studies, they probably aren't hurting anything, but whether or not they have any positive effect and at what amounts is not entirely conclusive. They are also not all equally beneficial. There has also been law suits against major chocolate makers for misleading advertising regarding antioxidants.

JRSC00LUDE
01-16-2018, 06:03 PM
Green and Black's dark chocolate is quite good.

nabilbb
01-16-2018, 06:12 PM
Green and Black's dark chocolate is quite good.

I never knew there is a green dark chocolate

- - - Updated - - -

You can get proper dark chocolate that is around 70-80% actual cacau with only enough butter in it to keep it from crumbling, rather than garbage dark chocolate that is mostly coco butter and sugar (some advertise 70-80% and it's almost all coco butter). Also a little bit of sugar isn't going to hurt anyone, and nobody should be eating an entire bar of chocolate like that in one sitting anyways. So I think if there are benefits that outweigh the unhealthier aspects, they would probably apply to quality dark chocolate rather than the junk you can buy at the grocery store. Just my guess anyway.

I have also listened to several scientific podcasts on anti-oxidants, and the conclusion they came to is basically that based on peer reviewed studies, they probably aren't hurting anything, but whether or not they have any positive effect and at what amounts is not entirely conclusive. They are also not all equally beneficial. There has also been law suits against major chocolate makers for misleading advertising regarding antioxidants.

So, where can this kind dark chocolate is found? if you know

JRSC00LUDE
01-16-2018, 11:23 PM
It's a brand......

Disoblige
01-17-2018, 12:06 AM
Can't tell if nabilbb is spammer or just new to forums in general.

nabilbb
01-17-2018, 01:04 AM
Can't tell if nabilbb is spammer or just new to forums in general.

I am new.
Did I do something wrong?

JRSC00LUDE
01-17-2018, 06:58 AM
I am new.

Well it is customary to enter a new forum with an introductory post that includes pics of hottest sister and/or girlfriend. Especially if the latter is the dark chocolate you speak of.

Disoblige
01-17-2018, 07:49 AM
I am new.
Nope not at all. Welcome to the forums!

nabilbb
01-17-2018, 08:56 AM
Well it is customary to enter a new forum with an introductory post that includes pics of hottest sister and/or girlfriend. Especially if the latter is the dark chocolate you speak of.

:) I guess it is too late now LOL

- - - Updated - - -

Nope not at all. Welcome to the forums!

Thank You

JRSC00LUDE
01-17-2018, 10:06 AM
:) I guess it is too late now LOL

- - - Updated - - -

It's never too late to start over!

Mitsu3000gt
01-17-2018, 10:34 AM
So, where can this kind dark chocolate is found? if you know

Choklat here in the city has it. Try their Brazilian 80% for maximum cacau and minimum butter. Good chocolate like that also has zero bitterness despite the cacau content. I think it's 70% cacau and 10% coco butter.

MarSer88
01-19-2018, 05:49 PM
I would like the 90% dark chocolate, which is health as well