PDA

View Full Version : Pyeongchang 2018 (Feb 9-25)

ZenOps
01-26-2018, 10:14 AM
https://www.pyeongchang2018.com/en/index

Two weeks to go. Glad to see North Korea is included.

My_name_is_Rob
01-26-2018, 10:47 AM
Normally i would be excited to watch the hockey during thus time period. But, since neither the IOC or the NHL could figure out a deal for the fans, i guess I'll just take a two week break from watching it during this time.

rage2
01-26-2018, 11:27 AM
Normally i would be excited to watch the hockey during thus time period. But, since neither the IOC or the NHL could figure out a deal for the fans, i guess I'll just take a two week break from watching it during this time.
I'm excited to watch women's hockey. Want to see what level of skill these NK chicks bring. Canada vs Korea game would be hilarious, but would probably make us a nuclear missile target for NK if we kick their asses too badly.

eblend
01-26-2018, 12:02 PM
I'm excited to watch women's hockey. Want to see what level of skill these NK chicks bring. Canada vs Korea game would be hilarious, but would probably make us a nuclear missile target for NK if we kick their asses too badly.

Canada came to Sochi, disrespected the family, and came out alive, so I think they will be fine.

MalibuStacy
01-26-2018, 12:21 PM

Honestly the NHL/IOC shit is a win lose situation.

I see where the NHL is coming from they lose money during the Olympics, but at the same time there is something wrong with the NHL waving its great big dick around and directly influencing a global sporting event.

Canada should still clean up this year, but I really don't know any of the names.

colinxx235
01-26-2018, 12:42 PM

I see where the NHL is coming from they lose money during the Olympics, but at the same time there is something wrong with the NHL waving its great big dick around and directly influencing a global sporting event.

Canada should still clean up this year, but I really don't know any of the names.

:rofl: What makes you think TC should clean up hockey...?
Seriously, who is the best player... Mason Raymond?? Couple NHL cuts, otherwise scattered AHL/KHL/Euro league players.

Where as a team like the Czech who are usually 90+% non NHL rosters that compete, or a team like Russia who has Ilya/Datsyuk at the helm. Sure Canada might surprise and play well, but there is probably no way they are in the favorites for a medal.

My_name_is_Rob
01-26-2018, 03:35 PM

Did the NK ladies have enough players to form their own team, or are the NK players going to be playing with the SK players on their team?

I can understand their argument, from a managing perspective as well. They don't want their stars to get injured, and potentially ruin the season for the rest of the team, but from a fan and a player perspective it sucks.

And I agree with Colin, on the fact that I don't expect the 'B' players on team Canada to do all that well. The roster is pretty low caliber, compared to what we are used to, so it should give the other euro teams a solid shot for sure.

rage2
01-26-2018, 03:57 PM
Did the NK ladies have enough players to form their own team, or are the NK players going to be playing with the SK players on their team?
They're playing together under a unified team.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/world/north-korea-south-korea-hockey-players-olympics-team-1.4503066

Buster
01-26-2018, 04:28 PM
The Olympics is a corporation that leverages political corruption and mawkish patriotism to get their capital expenditures covered by taxpayers. Then they get free labor from world class OCD athletes with dreams if an endorsement deal from a frozen French fry or cereal company.

Then they walk off with billions in profit.

I don't blame the NHL for telling them to fuck off and not playing their game.

austic
01-26-2018, 06:19 PM
I have to agree its disappointing that the NHL players will not be there. I dont really have much interest watching the olympic hockey if there isnt the stars there as its seems this will be more like a Spangler cup thing.

ZenOps
02-07-2018, 06:59 PM
Kim Yo Jong, the sister of glorious leader - is going to be there.

https://www.vox.com/world/2018/2/7/16984554/north-korea-olympics-kim-jong-un-sister-kim-yo-jong

ExtraSlow
02-07-2018, 07:58 PM
I think Korean chicks are hot. That is all.

TomcoPDR
02-07-2018, 08:45 PM
I think Korean chicks are hot. That is all.

I hear they known for their :nut: :nut:

ExtraSlow
02-07-2018, 09:00 PM
Settle down, I'm not trying to marry them.

sexualbanana
02-07-2018, 11:00 PM
I have to agree its disappointing that the NHL players will not be there. I dont really have much interest watching the olympic hockey if there isnt the stars there as its seems this will be more like a Spangler cup thing.

Wouldn't it be similar to World Juniors? I haven't been following but I imagine the team is a mix of top junior players with older players who are playing in the European leagues.

The South Korean mens team has naturalized 6 players (1 American and 6 Canadians) onto their team.

https://www.theringer.com/2018/2/7/16979404/hockey-korea-olympics-mike-testwuide-jim-paek-american-nhl-ahl

ZenOps
02-10-2018, 09:50 PM
sfGpwRkr_Bw

Kim Jong sends cheerleaders. Kim Jong 1 Trump 0.

ExtraSlow
02-10-2018, 11:21 PM
That's the team I'm cheering for.

Nobody can defeat the army of fembots!

J-hop
02-13-2018, 07:37 AM
How about that curlin? I will admit doubles curling messes with my mind. Awesome to see Canada take home gold

rage2
02-14-2018, 02:42 AM
Watching the Korea women’s hockey team score their first goal live was pretty awesome. Too bad it wasn’t a NK player that scored.

BerserkerCatSplat
02-14-2018, 09:42 AM
Wow, Slovenia with the 3-2 OT upset over the US in Men's Hockey. Even without the NHL players, that should have been a cakewalk.

J-hop
02-14-2018, 08:25 PM
interesting to see how well represented Quebec is in canada’s medal count. 4/10 of our medals so far have come out of Quebec

ZenOps
02-18-2018, 05:46 AM
Is it just me, or are the athelites now setup to fail a lot more often in all these new sports. I mean: When I was a young'un, seeing the competitors fail in spectacular face-planting fashion was an extremely rare occurace, but now it seems to happen about 50% of the time in some events.

J-hop
02-18-2018, 08:59 AM
Is it just me, or are the athelites now setup to fail a lot more often in all these new sports. I mean: When I was a young'un, seeing the competitors fail in spectacular face-planting fashion was an extremely rare occurace, but now it seems to happen about 50% of the time in some events.

You have to remember the level of competition and skill needed is far beyond what even you saw as a kid. Some of these sports have progressed so far in just the last 10 years.

Take snowboarding for example, which I realize wasn’t around in the olympics when you were a kid but is a great example. Things like the triple cork are less than 10 years old, I think 2010 was the first time someone ever landed one on film and now it’s become standard if you want to win.

The closest thing you saw as a kid to freestyle skiing and snowboarding was aerial skiing and those guys fall hard all the time. I’ve seen two olympians that I can remember get knocked out cold.

Darell_n
02-18-2018, 09:05 AM
interesting to see how well represented Quebec is in canada’s medal count. 4/10 of our medals so far have come out of Quebec

They are sponsored very well in that province thanks to all the funds provided by the rest of the country. (Alberta). Every young person is given a University degree or Olympic medal for free, their choice.

JRSC00LUDE
02-18-2018, 10:38 AM

Hard to not churn out a disproportionate number of welfare athletes well when you're the most disproportionate recipient of welfare in the Country.

ZenOps
02-20-2018, 01:21 PM
OT: Behind the scene of the 1,200 drones used at opening ceremonies.

fCd6P7Ya160

Disoblige
02-20-2018, 01:53 PM
Homan's team not doing well; could be the first time Canada doesn't take a medal in curling since its debut in 1998.
What a shame. I call nerves.

dj_patm
02-21-2018, 09:17 AM
Norway on the verge of tying Canada's record for most golds in a single winter olympics (record is 14, Norway has 13 already).

They're absolutely crushing it at this Olympics.

D'z Nutz
02-22-2018, 01:05 AM
I'm so nervous watching this Canada/US game right now.

Gold medal decided by a shootout.

D'z Nutz
02-22-2018, 01:13 AM
Mother fucker.

pheoxs
02-22-2018, 01:14 AM
So stupid to have a shootout decide a gold medal match

D'z Nutz
02-22-2018, 01:17 AM
So stupid to have a shootout decide a gold medal match

I know. So stupid.

The game winner for the US was a really nice move though.

And Hilary Knight is so fucking hot.

adam c
02-22-2018, 01:19 AM
Hard to disagree that wasn’t a hell of a goal, 4 on 4 OT then a shootout, what kind of Mickey Mouse club is the IOC running

Still better than a coin toss that decided that jr game a few months back

ExtraSlow
02-22-2018, 08:33 AM
Should do a tie like in bobsled. #goldforeveryone

austic
02-23-2018, 11:55 AM
So Germany hey? Our Spangler cup team has failed us