PDA

View Full Version : Latex mattress in town?

Buster
01-27-2018, 06:13 PM
Just got my new bed frame, and I'm thinking about getting a high end latex mattress. I know Halstead, Black Sheep, and the sleep place by Chinook all do them. Any experiences here?

RealJimmyJames
01-27-2018, 06:25 PM
What could possibly be different between other latex mattresses and a “high end” one?

Buster
01-27-2018, 06:38 PM
the type of latex used, the composition of it, how many layers, what thickness, . Is it dunlop latex, or talalay latex, etc.

KRyn
01-29-2018, 09:34 AM
Halstead is a joke, avoid at all costs.
They knowingly delivered a defective mattress to me. Getting them to fix their fuck up was painful.

msommers
01-29-2018, 09:49 AM
Years and years ago I briefly worked at Haldstead before getting fired (since they found out I was going to university). That said, at the time their quality seemed really solid so I'm really surprised to hear Ken's experience. At the prices they charge, that's pretty damn disheartening. Mom got one from Black Sheep and seems very happy with the whole experience.

Buster
01-29-2018, 12:29 PM
Halstead is a joke, avoid at all costs.
They knowingly delivered a defective mattress to me. Getting them to fix their fuck up was painful.

Read reports on Mattress Underground that there are major service issues with Halstead.

R-Audi
01-29-2018, 12:41 PM
You could check out Sleep Boutique for a custom mattress.. Just of Mcleod and 50th SW. We used them for our Toddler mattress.