PDA

View Full Version : Anybody mess with BeamNG.drive?

Darell_n
01-28-2018, 12:53 PM
Being an automotive forum I figured a few of you would be interested in this simulator. Basically it’s a pre-release program / game that is similar to Grand Turismo or Forza, but instead of focusing on arcade fun it is 100% towards the physics of vehicles and every moving part they have. The crashes, damage and handling realism are outstanding plus most of the game is community built. It is PC only and I’m not sure an XBox or PS4 even has the horsepower to run it well. Anyways, I play a computer game for like a week a year so it was worth the $20 (free demo is available)

https://www.beamng.com/

Twin_Cam_Turbo
01-28-2018, 01:12 PM
A couple years ago I messed with it when I had a computer. Was pretty cool but definitely a barebones game at the time.

firebane
01-28-2018, 01:19 PM
Being an automotive forum I figured a few of you would be interested in this simulator. Basically it’s a pre-release program / game that is similar to Grand Turismo or Forza, but instead of focusing on arcade fun it is 100% towards the physics of vehicles and every moving part they have. The crashes, damage and handling realism are outstanding plus most of the game is community built. It is PC only and I’m not sure an XBox or PS4 even has the horsepower to run it well. Anyways, I play a computer game for like a week a year so it was worth the $20 (free demo is available)

https://www.beamng.com/

Yup I have it on Steam I think.

16hypen3sp
01-28-2018, 04:18 PM
Played around with it for a bit. Downloaded the monster truck mod and went around crushing everything in sight. Highspeed head-on collisions in sports cars. Semi crashes.... all very satisfying. ahaha.

Darell_n
01-28-2018, 06:53 PM
I really enjoy the low speed mountain off-road challenges in a Jeep or properly equipped truck.

carson blocks
01-31-2018, 05:53 PM
It's my go-to game while half-watching some crap TV show with the wife. The mods really make the game too, there are a bunch of crappy ones to sift through, but found some real gems that doubled my enjoyment of the game.