PDA

View Full Version : Anyone have Hunter Douglas Banded Shades?

nagooro
02-01-2018, 03:44 AM
We've had Hunter Douglas banded shades installed in our home, a total of three times now.

https://www.hunterdouglas.com/window-treatments/roller-shades-solar-shades/designer-banded

Each time they are installed, a few of the windows either have too much material and bunch up or become "baggy" when completely lowered to the bottom of the window, or when fully lowered the bands don't alternate correctly leaving small gaps in between each one.

For those that have them in their home, wondering if you experienced the same issue. We had the windows re-measured as well, seems like its an issue from the production side of Hunter Douglas.

Thanks

Few pics:
https://imgur.com/a/b6nI8

killramos
02-01-2018, 09:53 AM
I have them, no issues.

There is about a cm if overlap on either side when are in the sheer setting. So if it isn’t lining up i just adjust slightly manually.

As for too much material, don’t lower them lower than the window goes and the material stays rolled up too and as such no excess fabric?

Is there a way to adjust them looks like your fabric just needs to be moved on the roll by about half an inch?? Might be on your installer hence the repeated fuck ups?

I have them on about half a dozen windows and it’s really been no issue.

nagooro
02-02-2018, 02:59 AM
I have them, no issues.

There is about a cm if overlap on either side when are in the sheer setting. So if it isn’t lining up i just adjust slightly manually.

When you adjust it manually, are you raising it up by a few inches or so to allow for proper overlap? If so, im assuming the bottom of the window now isnt covered for privacy?

As for too much material, don’t lower them lower than the window goes and the material stays rolled up too and as such no excess fabric?

If we dont lower it all the way, there are gaps in between each band. If we raise it a bit to achieve 1cm overlap, now the bottom isnt covered..cant win :(

Is there a way to adjust them looks like your fabric just needs to be moved on the roll by about half an inch?? Might be on your installer hence the repeated fuck ups?

They come straight from hunter douglas like this. The roll gets shipped to the installer, they come and it basically just clips onto the top frame/bracket, few minute job.

I have them on about half a dozen windows and it’s really been no issue.

Out of 11 windows, about 4 are perfect. Meaning, when we lower it to the bottom window sill, everything is fully covered with a good ~1cm of overlap.

The others all have to be manually adjusted and lifted a bit to allow for the ~1cm overlap, but then as we lift them now the bottom isnt covered.

Maybe we are being too picky, but for the amount we paid, when we lower the blind all the way to be flush with the window sill, we want it to cover the window 100%. Some of the windows are perfectly done, and on the first try, so not sure why each time we have a different result.

Which company/installer did you use?

dirtsniffer
02-02-2018, 08:10 AM
It sounds like there isn't enough material on the roll. I can alternate my pattern 3-4 time before it starts going back up.

killramos
02-02-2018, 10:07 AM
No mine allow them to be full sheer along with all the way down. All of them fit in the frame and go down the right length exactly.

I had mine installed by best for less blinds I think. A recommendation from Jordan. My wife did it all so I dunno the details, I don’t even know if they are actually Hunter Douglass I just assumed since they look exactly the same.

Agree that they are expensive but this sounds like your installer is not conveying the right info to the manufacturers.