PDA

View Full Version : Flames ticket scalpers

Manhattan
02-01-2018, 05:41 PM
Anyone ever buy tickets from one of the guys standing outside the train station selling tickets? Are they legit? Thinking of going last minute and resale prices aren't that great.

lasimmon
02-01-2018, 06:24 PM
Anyone ever buy tickets from one of the guys standing outside the train station selling tickets? Are they legit? Thinking of going last minute and resale prices aren't that great.

Yah I have a bunch of times with no issues. Go around game start time and they will take cheap.

88CRX
02-01-2018, 06:40 PM
They threatened to beat up my brother and I and getting in our faces back in 2004 for us trying to sell our extra playoff tickets for face value around them. We were kids at the time and they were super tough thugs haha. Fuck those clown, they should get real jobs.

thinmyster
02-01-2018, 06:49 PM
They threatened to beat up my brother and I and getting in our faces back in 2004 for us trying to sell our extra playoff tickets for face value around them. We were kids at the time and they were super tough thugs haha. Fuck those clown, they should get real jobs.

Agreed! Some of the biggest losers in the city IMO.

spikerS
02-01-2018, 07:12 PM
only bought a couple times from them, but each time they were great.

Best deal i got was back when U2 went to Edmonton and my brother and I got 2nd row floor seats for $100 for the pair. Face value on them was something like $450 for the pair.

J-hop
02-01-2018, 07:32 PM
Agreed! Some of the biggest losers in the city IMO.

Never had any issues with them. They’re just people trying to make a go of it any way they can. Absolutely nothing wrong with that...........

Swank
02-02-2018, 09:56 AM
How are they selling tickets below face value and still making money? I never understood how this all works.

rage2
02-02-2018, 10:09 AM
How are they selling tickets below face value and still making money? I never understood how this all works.
They buy from a lot of STH who sell to them at slightly below STH prices. They actually offer pretty good money if you're a STH. Co-worker actually has one of the guy's cards and unloads games he doesn't go to to him fairly often.

ExtraSlow
02-02-2018, 10:20 AM
And sometimes right before puck drop they unload them at whatever low price they must to ensure they dint end up holding them. The average sale price is higher though.

Hallowed_point
02-02-2018, 10:29 AM
Is that sketchy forest lawn looking guy with a greasy ponytail, ball cap, 90's jacket and rings still at it?!?!

mr2mike
02-02-2018, 10:34 AM
They buy from a lot of STH who sell to them at slightly below STH prices. They actually offer pretty good money if you're a STH. Co-worker actually has one of the guy's cards and unloads games he doesn't go to to him fairly often.

Or you could donate them:
http://www.kidsupfrontcalgary.com/

I'm assuming you'd get a tax reciept.

rage2
02-02-2018, 10:37 AM
Or you could donate them:
http://www.kidsupfrontcalgary.com/

I'm assuming you'd get a tax reciept.
I've never used scalpers or kids donations. I give up most of my free tickets on Beyond.

88CRX
02-02-2018, 10:48 AM
Is that sketchy forest lawn looking guy with a greasy ponytail, ball cap, 90's jacket and rings still at it?!?!

Bronco's guy.... yes hes there every game. Even has fresh white runners every so often.

Hallowed_point
02-02-2018, 11:43 AM
Bronco's guy.... yes hes there every game. Even has fresh white runners every so often.

I hope he owns a Camaro SS as well.

lasimmon
02-02-2018, 11:55 AM
And sometimes right before puck drop they unload them at whatever low price they must to ensure they dint end up holding them. The average sale price is higher though.

Yah we got some decent 2nd level seats for $20 when the game had just started once. Guy did act like we were robbing him blind though. Have to be prepared to walk away.

HiTempguy1
02-02-2018, 12:05 PM

They also advertise on Kijiji and whatnot to buy tickets.

I had a buddy bail on Metallica (don't ask SMFH) so we sold his ticket to the guy at the door. It was super last minute, so why not? Everyone wins.

Hallowed_point
02-02-2018, 12:17 PM
They also advertise on Kijiji and whatnot to buy tickets.

I had a buddy bail on Metallica (don't ask SMFH) so we sold his ticket to the guy at the door. It was super last minute, so why not? Everyone wins.

A friend who bails on Metallica is no friend of mine!!!! Is he Holier Than Thou or something?