PDA

View Full Version : Exogenous ketones in Calgary?

J-hop
02-05-2018, 08:21 PM
Any shops sell exogenous ketone supplements in Calgary?

Guy at GNC said they aren’t approved for use in Canada but I saw online a Pruvit(?) company that claims to be in Canada.

spike98
02-05-2018, 09:18 PM
The real question is Why do you think you need them?

bigbadboss101
02-05-2018, 09:21 PM
Money better spent elsewhere. I have a friend who is doing Pruvit. I wished her success but also let her know result can be achieve without spending $ on such products.

stevelou
02-05-2018, 09:34 PM
I buy Insta-Ketones from amazon.ca More for a little boost in energy as well as flavour for water. It also helps me feel better after I eat shit all weekend...:thumbsup:

J-hop
02-05-2018, 09:37 PM
Sorry guys, I know you’re trying to help but not at all interested in your opinions, and no it’s not part of a “cut fast scheme”.

Please don’t post if you don’t have a suggestion.

- - - Updated - - -

I buy Insta-Ketones from amazon.ca More for a little boost in energy as well as flavour for water. It also helps me feel better after I eat shit all weekend...:thumbsup:

Thanks! After searching a bit tonight I will probably end up going the amazon route as well

Tej.S
02-05-2018, 11:54 PM
Ketones don't help with weight loss lol. Perhaps look into the science behind the product, before you fall for the marketing.

shakalaka
02-05-2018, 11:58 PM
Which brings to the ever important question; what products/if any help with weight loss/cutting?

J-hop
02-06-2018, 07:07 AM
Ketones don't help with weight loss lol. Perhaps look into the science behind the product, before you fall for the marketing.

Thanks but again not interested in opinions. Not for a cut fast scheme, no idea why you are saying that? Where the hell are you coming up with the idea I said that haha?

Which brings to the ever important question; what products/if any help with weight loss/cutting?

Clenbuterol

mr2mike
02-06-2018, 08:41 AM
Do some research. You honestly think your body's going to go into Ketosis when you've got a shit ton of glucose in your body? Glucose is an easier energy source hence why it goes for it first.
Looking for the lazy man way to get into Ketosis? Or actually almost in Ketosis and need the final kick to get in?
Doubt Pruvit actually works. But then again I see people eating pasta who say they're eating Keto?!

- - - Updated - - -

Money better spent elsewhere. I have a friend who is doing Pruvit. I wished her success but also let her know result can be achieve without spending $ on such products.

I swear only girls are using pruvit. Don't know a single guy falling for marketing on it.

spike98
02-06-2018, 08:51 AM
Clenbuterol

LMAO! Why don't you try some DNP instead?

Honestly, speaking from experience here, these supplements (or drugs) are not going to help you in any capacity. I have tried a bunch of the fads. Atkins, Clen, Keto, ect. The only thing that actual works is CICO. Calories in, Calories out. Seriously. If you want to slim down, the best way to do so is burn more than you eat. Thats it. Simple.

You can get better at CICO by counting calories and exercising. You can even start weight training to build muscle to make your body burn more at rest. Keto does help with hunger but no one needs exogenous ketone's for that. But the fact remains, the only way you can lose weight is CICO.

lasimmon
02-06-2018, 09:08 AM
Not exactly sure what you are asking here as I don't know all that much. My fiance ordered from https://www.ketond.com/ and is happy with the product - sorry if its not close to what you're asking for.

J-hop
02-06-2018, 09:18 AM
Clen was a joke just to be clear.

Seriously you guys aren’t reading one damn bit haha.

I was looking for a local source for exogenous ketones. I was fed a line at GNC that they were not approved for use in Canada.

I used Pruvit as an example for the fact that E.ketones were in Canada. That’s it end of story.

Didn’t want to have to write a novel, but to answer your questions yes I do calorie count and set my macros. In fact you’d probably laugh at the number of spreadsheets I have. No it’s not for fat burning directly, no it’s not a lazy man’s way to get into ketosis. Yes I’ve read the research.

Not exactly sure what you are asking here as I don't know all that much. My fiance ordered from https://www.ketond.com/ and is happy with the product - sorry if its not close to what you're asking for.

Thanks will take a look what they have as well

spike98
02-06-2018, 09:28 AM
Clen was a joke just to be clear.

Seriously you guys aren’t reading one damn bit haha.

I was looking for a local source for exogenous ketones. I was fed a line at GNC that they were not approved for use in Canada.

I used Pruvit as an example for the fact that E.ketones were in Canada. That’s it end of story.

Didn’t want to have to write a novel, but to answer your questions yes I do calorie count and set my macros. In fact you’d probably laugh at the number of spreadsheets I have. No it’s not for fat burning directly, no it’s not a lazy man’s way to get into ketosis. Yes I’ve read the research.

Thanks will take a look what they have as well

I read everything you wrote. I can't speak for others, but when someone posts a question, with little or no information, i am going to comment with my knowledge/experiences. Regardless of if it was asked for or not. I would much rather piss someone off trying to help than to ignore it and watch a train wreck.

You have you're reasons for your request and its apparent those reasons are strong, but you cant expect to come to a public message board and expect to not be called out (for lack of a better term) when you provide nothing in the way of background.

J-hop
02-06-2018, 09:35 AM
Sorry but what background are you looking for? The question was pretty straight forward I thought and no background needed. All information was provided to answer the question was it not?

It’s like asking for suggestions for a place to rebuild my 60 trim T3 turbo and being grilled on what fuel management system I’m running and what fuel management system people think is the best. What does that have to do with the question? hahahaha

No You didn’t piss me off at all. Just finding it funny.

ExtraSlow
02-06-2018, 12:42 PM
Context always mattered and since you provided none, people were forced to fill it in themselves. Not surprising how this thread went.

The automotive equivalent would be more like : "Hiw hard is it to add a turbo to my car, do I need to buy online or is there a local source?"

never
02-06-2018, 12:57 PM
Context always mattered and since you provided none, people were forced to fill it in themselves. Not surprising how this thread went.

The automotive equivalent would be more like : "Hiw hard is it to add a turbo to my car, do I need to buy online or is there a local source?"

No, the automotive equivalent would be: "Where can I buy E85 in Calgary?"

J-hop
02-06-2018, 12:59 PM

Haha yea I’m not surprised either

But your example doesn’t work.

Closer equivalent would be “I’m looking to buy a garrett 60 trim turbo, are there any local Garrett suppliers or do I have to buy online”

Posters: “I’d go supercharged, plumbing turbos take way more time, plus off the line power is more with a supercharger. Hey bro you should have expected me to go there you gave no context”

lol wut?

The question was if are there any local suppliers for exogenous ketones.

Seriously I’m not getting it, what more context does one need?????

Hahaha this is so damn silly

No, the automotive equivalent would be: "Where can I buy E85 in Calgary?"

This

ExtraSlow
02-06-2018, 01:14 PM
Well now we've devolved down to arguing about why we are arguing, so everything is right where it needs to be.

I'm content.

J-hop
02-06-2018, 02:02 PM
yea the usual lol.

mr2mike
02-06-2018, 02:26 PM
Buy it then post your gainZ to show everyone who's right. I think that's the next step.

J-hop
02-06-2018, 03:03 PM
Buy it then post your gainZ to show everyone who's right. I think that's the next step.

LEan GAINZ bro.

J-hop
02-07-2018, 08:38 PM

Ended up going the amazon route. Just ordered tablets and some ketone strips to check if I’ve actually entered ketosis. Heard the urine strips aren’t overly accurate but I’m not to concerned.

bigbadboss101
02-07-2018, 08:55 PM
Back last summer I bought a package of the ketone stix. Did the Keto diet for a week or so. For me it was too restrictive. 30g of carb is so low one can exceed it pretty easily. Plus when your lovely wife prepares dinner for you it would not be kind to say no to various foods.

Intermittent fasting to me is more beneficial. There are people who eats higher carb and still can cut. IIFYM. Goes back to CICO as mentioned earlier on.

J-hop
02-07-2018, 09:06 PM
Whatever you can stick to is the big thing. It’s taken me about a month and a half to work down to 40g of carbs/day. Didn’t want to go from 150g to 20-30 cold turkey. Last time I tried I suffered hard. Will probably push a bit lower. Already had the lack of carb “whoosh” as I call it where I lost 10lbs in a week of mostly water weight.

We both work and both alternate cooking so that isn’t an issue. Pretty much everything we cook can be done with little to no carbs.

From the research I’ve been doing and experiences I’ve read the ketone supplements can help some people with energy levels while in ketosis. Also if I screw up one day it should help be drop back into ketosis quicker.

So yea not buying these as a “get cut fast” scheme and yes I know all about calorie counting IIFYM (flexible dieting), IF etc. Yes I’ve read the research, no I’m not falling for some marketing scheme, this is purely self directed and the supplements worked out to less than 50 cents a day....Different strokes......

adam c
02-07-2018, 10:41 PM
Taking in excess ketones doesn’t tell your body, hey I need ketones make more instead its look at all these ketones, store that other food as far for now