PDA

View Full Version : The day I found out I got Leukemia.

Bladeh
02-09-2018, 10:54 PM
Yeah I got the super fucking rear type, only 3 cases recorded of T-PLL in Calgary in 10 years. So, if I didn’t get treatment I would have a year left, doctors were pretty blunt with the outcome when I started going to TBCC, it took a while to be diagnosed due to being similar to B-PLL. Treatments are different so without confirmed diagnosis nothing can be done, if treated for the wrong type it probably would kill me.

I started my treatment at TBCC in January this year, I have a drug called Alemtuzumab pumped in to me and frik do I hate needles now, this drug was only available from Dec 2014 after research from 2008, It gives patients who respond to the treatment 5 years or more of life, then a stem cell transplant to consolidate the response. (Stem Cell is the only possible cure) So without this drug a few years ago my outcome would be pretty fucking bleak (I’m 47 and not ready to leave this earth yet!), money should seriously go in to cancer research and get these type of drugs available so lives can be saved.

So now I’m on the stem cell transplant list, 3 months stay at TBCC and lots of challengers ahead with possible full recovery in 9-12 months, but I’m positive and will beat this.

I setup a go fund me page https://www.gofundme.com/help-darren-beat-leukemia

I’m not asking for people to donate, all I ask if you can possible share on your social media, get the word out and trending.

lilmira
02-09-2018, 11:06 PM
Best of luck, don't know what else to say. I have seen enough to know that our lives come as easy as the way they go. We do take our lives for granted most times.

TomcoPDR
02-10-2018, 12:59 AM
Man, sorry to hear and best of luck Darren. Inspirational for you sharing this.

ganesh
02-10-2018, 08:52 AM
Best of Luck. Stay Strong. You can do this

Xtrema
02-10-2018, 09:57 AM
Fuck Cancer is all I have to say.

As I'm heading into 40s, I'm starting to see cancer is taking away people around me. Something the younger self would have never thought possible.

Good Luck.

jdmXSI
02-10-2018, 11:21 AM
Scary as shit for sure, I hope your treatment is successful and you have a full recovery

Buster
02-10-2018, 11:51 AM
#beastmode.