PDA

View Full Version : Apartment Dining Tables?

flipstah
02-12-2018, 02:34 PM
Does anyone have ideas/insight on how to maximize dining space on a square dining room?

Right now I have a square dining table laid out in this fashion, but are the circular tables more efficient? Also, the space-saver dining set chairs are so uncomfortable so looking to toss those out.

What has worked for you?

88CRX
02-12-2018, 02:37 PM
How many seats do you have and/or want?

Push the table onto the wall and have 3 seats. Or built a bench along 2 walls and have a couple chairs around the outside.

flipstah
02-12-2018, 02:40 PM

Push the table onto the wall and have 3 seats. Or built a bench along 2 walls and have a couple chairs around the outside.

Right now, it's 4. If there's an arrangement with >4 seats, that would be great.

jwslam
02-12-2018, 02:44 PM

This. Go banquette

edit: drawing attached. Also, please use banana for scale in the future.

flipstah
02-12-2018, 03:07 PM
Sweet, thanks!

I saw this link and will explore it: https://melo-drama.com/2012/10/10/diy-banquette-seat-ikea-hack-dining-room-makeover/

jwslam
02-12-2018, 03:44 PM
There's the fancy ones you can build yourself out of plywood, but there's also lots of other options.

Ikea's lot plenty of stuff you can use out-of-the-box i.e. the Kallax you linked, or the Stuva. Get creative with TV benches too! Bonus for extra storage space under these because god knows you're limited on that in a condo.