PDA

View Full Version : AE86 Question???

haze4dayz
03-25-2004, 03:33 PM
Hi all you AE86 oweners out there....

im buying a black coupe one next month from a friend of my brothers and it has over 270k on it, it has no leaks what so ever (parks on clean driveway) and the engine is very clean.

when will the engine need to be replaced??? :dunno:

Redlyne_mr2
03-25-2004, 03:53 PM
Originally posted by haze4dayz
Hi all you AE86 oweners out there....

im buying a black coupe one next month from a friend of my brothers and it has over 270k on it, it has no leaks what so ever (parks on clean driveway) and the engine is very clean.

when will the engine need to be replaced??? :dunno:
Sort of a vague question man, it might go tomorrow it could last you until +400 000kms, depends on how well it was taken care of prior to you purchasing it. New engines are cheap anyways so I wouldnt worry about it

hjr
03-25-2004, 09:04 PM
its needs to be replaced every 5000 km. instead of changing oil, you change the engine.

of course im kidding but no one will ever know when an engine will wear out on a street car they dont know the history of. But redlyne_mr2 brought up a good point, the engines are cheap as of late so dont worry about it too much. What kinda cash you forking out for this 'rolla

haze4dayz
03-26-2004, 10:21 AM
well, thanks for the tip guys about the fact that replacing the engine is cheap cuz im planning to keep this car for a long time.
Im looking into getting the body done first before the engine. The ride is in really good shape and was well taken care of, the interior is mint and the body is still shinny black. The only rust issues is the normal wheel wells and underbody. Im spending all my savings on this ride as a second vehicle and need to save up for the bodywork next.

I know im going to love this ride cuz i use to own a 82 Supra which I must say was superb :D

chukilabs
03-26-2004, 01:08 PM
my corolla has 300000 kms on it and it runs perfect with no leaks. I don't think you need to replace it fo a while.

Redlyne_mr2
03-26-2004, 02:24 PM
Originally posted by haze4dayz
well, thanks for the tip guys about the fact that replacing the engine is cheap cuz im planning to keep this car for a long time.
Im looking into getting the body done first before the engine. The ride is in really good shape and was well taken care of, the interior is mint and the body is still shinny black. The only rust issues is the normal wheel wells and underbody. Im spending all my savings on this ride as a second vehicle and need to save up for the bodywork next.

I know im going to love this ride cuz i use to own a 82 Supra which I must say was superb :D
Congrats on the purchase dude ae86s are a blast like I said engines are faily cheap. You can pick up a usm bluetop 16V for about $250 and a jdm 16 V with 90K Kms from jdmsource for $600. Go check out www.dorikaze.com, it's an alberta ae86 board. There are some meets happening in the near future as well